• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Are they still not selling Modern Warfare without the Infinite Warfare bundle? Tch. Sloppy.

Again. The majority of people would not buy IW if it did not come with MW. I haven't even seen a TV commercial for IW only for MW remake. They know bundling it is the only way to sell their new game!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Are they still not selling Modern Warfare without the Infinite Warfare bundle? Tch. Sloppy.

CorpCommander_Full_Avatar.jpg

Never gunna happen. Activision and Corporate Commander won't be so kind to those who purely want some Boots on the Ground.

Speaking of Daily Video Game Banter...

Blizzcon 2016's up. Anyone's interested with the latest updates on Blizzard's stuff could watch since there's a Blizzcon 2016 stream up right now.

Years
Well. Activision isn't the best company for videogames by far, but I'm sure it hurt their sales a tad by not selling Modern Warfare separately. Some people I imagine are only interested in Modern Warfare and have little interest in Infinite Warfare. Maybe later on they'll sell it separately. Not that I'm a huge fan of Call of Duty or anything, in fact, I find their 'research' into firearms as horribly laughable.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Well. Activision isn't the best company for videogames by far, but I'm sure it hurt their sales a tad by not selling Modern Warfare separately. Some people I imagine are only interested in Modern Warfare and have little interest in Infinite Warfare. Maybe later on they'll sell it separately. Not that I'm a huge fan of Call of Duty or anything, in fact, I find their 'research' into firearms as horribly laughable.

They'll most definitely sell it separate at some point. I think they realize that COD, as popular as it is, sales are starting to slip, so they used a popular past game as a selling point to preorder their newest product. In a few months expect to see MW buyable separately, I guarantee it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Activision really kinda dun Fccked it up for the PC playerbase.

So Infinite Warfare does not get a Beta week for PC because it was too busy kissing Sony in the butt with a 2 Week beta for PS4, and only 1 week for Xbones. Okay maybe i can forgive that. Even the pheasants need to get some early access or demo stuff before the game comes out. But then again, it really shows which side of the gaming sphere Activision really works with.

Basically, people who bought Infinite Warfare on Steam (download) WILL NOT be able to play with players who bought the game via physical release or from the windows 10 store. WHY!? DIVISION OF A PLAYERBASE!?

Great job, for a franchise that makes billions of dollars a year, every year all around the world, and Activision still doesn't let Infinity Ward make the CoD experience usable for the a playerbase. Damn you Activision and your consore centered asdjio12y348adsmlkasyd8asjdlas

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Kill Confirmed was a great addition to Modern Warfare Remastered, although I really miss sliding in it, because that's all I do in that mode to collect tags.

Years
Okay maybe i can forgive that. Even the pheasants...

Your comment inspired me to post my findings here! I just so happened to interview a couple of pheasants on their take on their early access of Infinite Warfare, enjoy:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I really need an external HD for my XBOX One so I can have more room to store all these hot multiplayer games.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I'm still kinda pissed at EA for basically just self cucking Titanfall 2 by releasing it this year when BF1 (already released to critical and commercial acclaim), FIFA 17. Skyrim SE, and of course Infinite Warfare (where obviously because its CoD, people will still buy it for the lulz). Then there's Dishonored 2, Pokemon Sun and Moon, and Watchdogs 2. So yeah EA, great job basically ruining the sales of Titanfall 2 which is actually a surprisingly great game. With so many releases right now for the final half of 2016, there was obviously no way that Titanfall 2 could have sold for millions of the $$$$$$$$$$$s

Sigh. EA, Ea, Ea.... really now. Why do great developers have to deal with your Bullsh*t. Whoever boosted marketeers were with EA deserves to be punched on the nutsacks and to the boosted monkey face with my DOOMfist, my mighty boot, my AK47, my Super Shotgun, and of course my BFG.

Sigh, and seriously Titanfall 2 is one of those rare releases where BOTH SINGLE PLAYER AND MULTIPLAYER are extremely well done. Like my god!? A modern FPS game that isn't Doom 2016 that actually has a solid single player campaign experience with intricate level design???!?!?!?!?

Arsenic

Years
I agree Titanfall 2 is pretty great. Still working on learning to play the system on pc as well as I did the first on xbox but getting there.

Oh and it has no season's pass or Microtransactions. UNHEARD OF now-a-days. They get my sale for this reason alone!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I agree Titanfall 2 is pretty great. Still working on learning to play the system on pc as well as I did the first on xbox but getting there.

Oh and it has no season's pass or Microtransactions. UNHEARD OF now-a-days. They get my sale for this reason alone!

How far have you gotten into the single player campaign? I've only completed the tutorial and the first mission so far and I have to say, I really enjoy the story/direction/narrative that they are putting out.

Years
My friend keeps recommending Titanfall 2 to me despite me having no prior experience with the series. Is the story a continuation of the first game?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
The thing with Titanfall 2 is that unlike the first game which was basically multiplayer only, this game expands upon the universe by simply providing a single player campaign for people to enjoy before they burst each other's brains out in multiplayer.

So apparently, a friend of mine isn't liking Modern Warfare Remastered as much as most of the general populace does. Mainly since the problem is that MWR is WAY TOO MUCH LIKE the old game. Yep. Sure, its 100% CoD4 with a little tune ups, but there was little done to improve upon some of the problems that CoD4 had such as:

(This pretty much contains what me and my friend talked about regarding CoD4)

Spoiler:

They should have just called with "Call of Duty 4: Special Edition SE". This isn't how you make a remaster guys.

Years
That's a lot of game time. But really, how long did it take you to finish the campaign? I never really looked into the game, but might have to look at it further to fully come to a conclusion .. .

Arsenic

Years
Hmm... maybe shorter than I thought. But still supposedly clocks 5-7 hours.

I think I was somewhere between 6-7 on hardcore diff. Both due to relearning to play the mechanics on a keyboard instead of controller, and finding some of the collectables.

It's leagues better than the firsts campaign, though it's stuck on one planet...

In other news. It looks like 2017 Metro game isn't happening, killed by official facebook. Site has been updated to talk about a 'project' instead of game. why can't valve manage fan expectations like this

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Always interesting when patches fix one thing and break another. For instance, the recent Infinite Warfare patch that was released today fixed a bunch of things, and added Infected.

It broke Search & Destroy though, making it so everyone gets kicked after about 5 rounds.

So it had to be removed.

Oh, Call Of Duty...

Years
I just checked on the PS4 Communities and there are more MW4 communities and members than there are IW groups and members. nI mean, if MW4 is really so timeless in their minds (like Unreal Tournament is in mine) than I don't see why it can't survive another stretch on consoles and what not. . .

Back