• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
How do you think that Champions rise to their standing atop the Pokemon League?

Well as it's seen in the games, the one who beats the Elite 4 and the current champion will gain the title as champion themselves, though honestly, I think there should be a bit more to it. For example, it's shown in the anime that Aaron from the Sinnoh E4 was battling Cynthia, so it may be that the E4 members, following the anime, battle against each other for the title of champion. This of course means that you'll have to be part of the E4 to have a chance at becoming champion, so the road to becoming a champion is probably to become a well-known trainer, shown to have the skills that are required to become an E4 member, possibly by being a gym leader beforehand like Koga, and then once they're offered the position, battle their way to champion. Of course this is a really cluttered way of doing everything, so if you follow how it actually is, all you have to do is beat the E4 and the current champion lol

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
How do you think that Champions rise to their standing atop the Pokemon League?

Well as it's seen in the games, the one who beats the Elite 4 and the current champion will gain the title as champion themselves, though honestly, I think there should be a bit more to it. For example, it's shown in the anime that Aaron from the Sinnoh E4 was battling Cynthia, so it may be that the E4 members, following the anime, battle against each other for the title of champion. This of course means that you'll have to be part of the E4 to have a chance at becoming champion, so the road to becoming a champion is probably to become a well-known trainer, shown to have the skills that are required to become an E4 member, possibly by being a gym leader beforehand like Koga, and then once they're offered the position, battle their way to champion.
This is what I was getting at. Or you could have the tournament style that's also seen in the anime gathering all the best trainers. Personally I think that would make more sense than having the Elite Four.

Years
Name: allaurarenee
Friend: Blue
Partner:
059.gif
(Ifrit)
Reason for Joining: I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. (:
Who informed you of the club (If needed): Nobody

Current Topic: How powerful do you think Iris is? Where does she rank among her peers (other champions)?

Still waiting for BW2 so I haven't been able to battle her as a champion. However, as a Gym Leader she was one of the toughest to beat in B&W!

I bet she'll be a tough one to beat compared to the other champions, dragon types are one of the most powerful in the game. And just by recalling how tough it was to defeat Lance, what with his Dragonites, I have no doubt she'll be hard to beat once I play Black2.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Name: allaurarenee
Friend: Blue
Partner:
059.gif
(Ifrit)
Reason for Joining: I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. (:
Who informed you of the club (If needed): Nobody

Current Topic: How powerful do you think Iris is? Where does she rank among her peers (other champions)?

Still waiting for BW2 so I haven't been able to battle her as a champion. However, as a Gym Leader she was one of the toughest to beat in B&W!

I bet she'll be a tough one to beat compared to the other champions, dragon types are one of the most powerful in the game. And just by recalling how tough it was to defeat Lance, what with his Dragonites, I have no doubt she'll be hard to beat once I play Black2.
Your form has been accepted. :) Lance was actually quite easy to beat for me due to the fact that I spammed my Feraligatr's Ice Fang a bit extremely. :P But Iris's team seems a bit more balanced with more Pokemon that aren't Dragon type so you can't just sweep her team with one Pokemon.

Years
Your form has been accepted. :) Lance was actually quite easy to beat for me due to the fact that I spammed my Feraligatr's Ice Fang a bit extremely. :P But Iris's team seems a bit more balanced with more Pokemon that aren't Dragon type so you can't just sweep her team with one Pokemon.

Haha I always picked Typhlosion, so there wasn't exactly an Ice or Dragon type move I could use. ): I'm really really excited to play BW2 and take her on as champion!

Years
Yeah me too. :) Though her sprite looks very....interesting, to say the least. But yeah, Iris as a champ was a pleasant surprise since Alder didn't exactly live up to expectations...

I agree with what you're saying about her sprite, I think it's too detailed. Maybe it's just her overall redesign that I don't like, not sure. But the animation is really, I'm not sure how to explain it, just something's off about it that bothers me. (:

And I liked Alder, I liked how he was a pretty big part in the game, but I'm really happy with Iris being champ. (: I mean, in the first game she's a child prodigy who is a gym leader at the age of 10, and in BW2 she's champion by the age of 12. What could be more inspirational? :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I was mostly talking about the animation. It looks like she's constapated a little bit.
Champion_Iris.gif

See?

... Ahahahahahhahahahhhahahaha, hahahahaha, omg, hhahahahaa, lmao, omg, hahahaha.

... Pahahahaha. xDDD

*ahem* Yeah, I have to agree with you there lmao. Maybe the stress of being the new champion is too much for her? xD Omg, how could they not have seen that whilst making the sprite lmao.

So what's Iris's champion team like anyway? I haven't see it yet but I'm betting it'll be good! Is it mainly dragons? o3o

Edit: Omg lol that sprite

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
...xDDDD

I have no idea how you reached this kind of discussion, but my god it's hilarious. It'd certainly be an awkward situation for her, but I guess as a good champion she shouldn't turn a challenge? xD Either way, I guess it's just an outburst of excitement for the battle she's showing, though I'd laugh if the people working on the sprites really didn't notice that xp

I remember watching the battle at one point, but I don't actually remember the team. I suppose she has at least Haxorus and possibly Dragonite, however it's not certain since that was exclusive to her character in the anime.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
~Club closed due to owner's request so it can be remade by someone new in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back