• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Thanks for the hack destinedjagold! I downloaded your hack but the problem is that it is an IPS file. I don't have the cartridge for IPS files. Is there another way to play the hack without IPS?
You don't have the.. cartridge?

I would think that you mean emulator, but..

Anyways, you have to apply an IPS patch to a Ruby ROM to be able to play it. Have you tried that yet?

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
You don't have the.. cartridge?

I would think that you mean emulator, but..

Anyways, you have to apply an IPS patch to a FireRed ROM to be able to play it. Have you tried that yet?
I think he's talking about uploading ROMs onto a flash card.
The IPS file is a patch which should be applied to the actual ROM. You should patch a Ruby ROM (not a Fire Red ROM) with the patch on the first page using Lunar IPS (Lips) or a similar patching program. THEN you can upload the ROM to a flash card like eLink or something like that.
Go here for more info on how to patch files, as well as a general guide for playing hacks.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Sorry Vrai but I don't know to to apply the pokemon firered rom to be able to play the game. I will ask my dad if he knows how to apply the firered rom when he gets home.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Sorry Vrai but I don't know to to apply the pokemon firered rom to be able to play the game. I will ask my dad if he knows how to apply the firered rom when he gets home.

Whoops, my bad. I meant Ruby, honest. >_>

Anyways, I would most definitely doubt your dad would know how. (Unless, of course, he hacks ROMs too, but I seriously doubt that.) Be sure to follow Colcolstyle's instructions. That should get you well on your way.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
I don't think I can do that Vrai but is ther another website to download the game that is not a IPS file?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I don't think I can do that Vrai but is ther another website to download the game that is not a IPS file?

then that would mean you are asking for a ROM which is against the rules here.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

First of all, this has nothing to do with Life of Guardians. You should ask this in the Simple Questions Thread.
You can't complain about not being able to patch files. Seriously, it takes all of three seconds. Just follow the link I gave you in my previous post. It's really not that hard.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Ok colcostyles but how do I get Lunar IPS?

Also, when you said it isn't that hard , it is a little bit hard for me to do that so I can't play pokemon ruby destiny life of guardians. Tomorrow, I will ask my dad if he can do this. If he can't do this, I don't think I will ever play the game unless I get the cartridge for IPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I see you replaced some of the generation 3 pokemon sprites with generation 4 ones, cool.

Could I have your permission to use some of your sprites for a hack I'm making?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Try setting you VBA emulator to Flash 128k.

Options→emulator→save type→flash 128k.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Thank you colcostyles. I finally got the game to work. I also heard that you sent the game to my dad's cell phone. So I guess that means that you don't have to send me the file now.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
2iae83s.jpg

Hello everyone.
I have been truly busy with school and with life, resulting to gain slow progress with LoG.

But anyways, I have inserted some new sprites to be in the game, specifically, POKéMON sprites.

Here's a video of the Hevah Pokédex Beta 1.

---oOo---​

Nice update, but the tree tiles kind of freak me out...

eheheh... sorry about that. :P

yep... I wanted to request DJG to use D/P or Kyledove's tiles... maybe he wanted to use his own instead but I think maybe using D/P tiles will be more nice :)

so.... the mugshots need to be redone, expect that to be fixed ;)

That tree tile was made by Pounder_Zeikku.
I have saved some D/P/Pt tiles, but I don't know where to insert them as of now.

Also, I might make thos mugshots stay as is.
I am happy of how they look as of now.

I see you replaced some of the generation 3 pokemon sprites with generation 4 ones, cool.

Could I have your permission to use some of your sprites for a hack I'm making?

PM me for what sprites you wish to use.

Hey nice trees... Are they going to be everywhere or just in Rainbow City?

They're just gonna be for Rainbow City and for the route below Rainbow City, sadly. :\

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I love DJ
You Great Hack I love Fakemon you and I hope other fakemon in Rescue Renger comeback in LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back