• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri calmed down a little bit. He got to his feet and wiped his eyes. Thyme leapt to the ground and examined the mouthy fire type.
"You... You really think so? About the Illumise?" Bri asked. He looked up at her thankfully. Duster yawned and woke up. She looked around. She jumped out of Bri's arms and walked to Pansear, Ryan, and Thyme.
"Hi Ryan! Who are you?" she said to the Pansear happily. Bri looked at them. Duster was her usual friendly self, and Thyme was making an effort to not say anything mean by not saying anything at all. Bri picked Thyme up.
"Yeah... We should find the- What on earth was that?" he said. He heard a rather loud explosion in the distance.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
"Of course I do! Illumise is the evolved form of Volbeat isn't it? It's an electric second stage pokemon...that's really good going Bri!" said Selene honestly, smiling at him widely. She was glad to see his confidence was up somewhat, and that he'd calmed down. She was really happy to see that - for a moment she was worried he was going to have a major panic attack and she'd end up carrying him around desperately trying to find the exit.

"Hey Duster!" greeted Ryan happily, clearing his throat and turning to Pansear. "This is...well, this is Pansear so far, Sel hasn't given him a nickname yet, he's just joined our gang!" he enthused before Pansear laughed bitterly.

"I didn't join the gang, I was caught!" he corrected snippily, Ryan rolling his eyes. "Fine, sorry for the euphemism! you were caught!" He looked over at Bri frowning, "Bri okay? Did he get attacked by Bug pokemon?"

Sel nodded at Bri's words before being startled by the same explosion. She frowned in the direction of the explosion and whistled to Ryan and Pansear, who ran over to her - even Pansear didn't grumble before obeying her, which made Ryan smirk. For all his words and bravado...perhaps he wasn't as annoyed as he was making out. "I don't know...but it can't be anything good. Come on." she said, making her way toward the source of the noise.

Eventually they happened upon Mark, who seemed to be unharmed. "Was that explosion you Mark?" asked Sel, looking around for the source of the noise. She couldn't see anything out of the ordinary...maybe it wasn't Mark after all?

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark looked over to Selene and smiled. "Yeah it was me. Just a Pinco that decided to explode in my face. Other then that I'm fine." Mark said. Snype crawled on over to the unfamiliar Pansear and gave off a large smile, ready to properly greet the newcomer.

"Hiya! Names Snype." He said, reaching his hand out for a handshake. "I take your with Selene over here eh?"

Mark reached for his belt and pulled out his pokeball that contained Nincada and let it out. After closer inspection... it turned out to be a female. "I caught myself a Pokemon too! Her name is..." Issac thought for a moment. "...Able. Yeah that sounds like a good name for her."

Nideous

Years
Bri followed Selene through the woods and found Mark. He seemed to not know where he was either.

"Yeah, Bri was attacked by a bug pokemon, but Drizzle fought it off! Hey Pansear! Whatcha so sour for? Honestly, you're almost acting like Thyme over there!" Duster said as she followed along behind them. Thyme gave a little 'hmph' but she ignored them. She leaned up against Snype when he walked over to join them.

Bri took a step back when he saw the Nincada. He really didn't like bugs.
"That's... Uh... Cool Mark. Congrats," Bri said quietly.

SelenaStar

Years
"oh wow Mark...only you could wake up half the forest and still be cheerful about it..." Sel replied, shaking her head in disbelief. If a Pineco had exploded in HER face she'd have been beyond annoyed...she couldn't help but flinch slightly as Mark released the new addition to his pokemon family. Much like Bri she grimaced at the Nincada...that buzzing noise made her want to throw up. "oh...cool!" she offered, wanting to support her friend "that's a good name Mark...hmmm." she didn't trust herself to say much more.

Ryan giggled at Duster, cocking his head at Pansear "he'd be good at thawing the ice queen I think." he laughed, Pansear raising an eyebrow at them both. He looked at Thyme slowly then back to Duster and Ryan. "umm no thanks," he said simply before glancing at a Sableye who'd come to investigate too - man what wad WITH these pokemon? "in a manner of speaking," replied Pansear to Snype sniffily "she caught me, I have to follow her like a trained puppy, go figure." Ryan glanced at Pansear then at Duster before bursting out laughing, Pansear was so uppity!!

Megaman765

Years
Able was rather quiet at the time so she didn't really want to say much. She did get Snype's introduction pretty well though and knew who Len was. Never the less, she didn't plan on talking too much unless talked too. Snype raised an eyebrow at what Pansear had said.

"Well... to be honest, It's not like you don't have a choice. Even if captured, your still an independent Pokemon. The point of being a trainer is for them to bond with their Pokemon. Mark did that with me, believe me I wasn't exactly happy when I was caught either." Snype explained. "After we got along, I've never been happier to be hanging out with him! But I still go off acting independently. I've been trained to act on my own when need be." Snype let off a large smile.

"I mean, if your willing to go off and work with Sel over there, You must like your trainer somewhat. Nothing wrong with being rebellious though! Kehehe..." Snype continued to explain, crossing his arms.

Mark looked at the uneasy looks on Sel and Bri's faces. Must not have liked bugs. That small buzzing sound was rather quiet right now but Able was kinda quiet currently...

Last edited:
Years
Jack had caught up with Mark who was around Selene and Brian, "So Mark since we're here how bout that battle I asked for" Jack was feeling confident and in his urge for battle he didn't even realise the tears on Brian's face Blade looked around the area he was getting even more tense about what was happening in the forest especially with the place getting darker every moment. {Jack that bad feeling I had is getting worse}Blade had good eyes and could see figures closing in on there location but couldn't make out what was approaching. "Calm down Blade anything that comes we can handle" Jack was confident and more concerned about training than a couple of weedle and caterpie. {Its your call} If only they knew that a greater threat lurked in the shadows

Nideous

Years
"So, it seems you aren't a complete moron," Thyme said to Blade. She was aware of the shadows gathering around them. She turned to Bri.
"I think we should leave! All of us," Thyme said. Bri didn't see the shapes around them, but he had a feeling of being watched. He didn't like it. Duster and Drizzle were caught up in the conversation and didn't notice that the group was being surrounded.
"Nah! It's my job to thaw the ice princess!" Drizzle said boastfully.
"Right, because you're doing so well! Anyways, Pansear, I agree with Snype! You seem to already like your trainer. You should have seen how Nova reacted when Bri caught him!" Duster said.

(OOC: Good job, Mark. Show your bug to the only two people in the academy that seem to be afraid of bugs. :P)

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
"Alright Terra you got some battle experience under your belt let's see if you learned this new attack. Use fury swipes on that wurmple and Wattage finish that caterpie with a poison jab!" Vincent ordered. Luckily for him Terra knew the move and began swiping at the wurmple hitting it with his claws. Wattage using his amazing speed quickly hit the caterpie sending it flying into a tree KO'd.

"Terra quick jump out of the way and Blitz use dragon pulse!" He added. Terra stopped using fury swipes and quickly jumped out of the way as Blitz's dragon pulse blasted the wurmple right into the caterpie both now knocked out. Now all that was left was the weedle which was charging at Blitz. Vince let out a small sigh he knew that bug pokemon would give no challenge to Blitz so this was a waste of his time.

"Blitz flamethrower," Xack said with a bored tone. Blitz blew the weedle away and the fight was over. Xack could also hear people talking not far from him but he couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from.

"Hello! Can anyone here me!" Vincent yelled as loud as he could.

Megaman765

Years
Mark gave off a confident smirk. "Well sure thing. I'm all ready for a battle. Right Snype?" Issac said. Snype gave off a large smile and chuckled in response. He was eager to show off a few new tricks he had come up with. He looked over to the other Pokemon.

"Kehehe... I'll show ya what I mean by acting independently." Snype said. Mark wasn't at all concerned of anything that could be possibly watching them. If anything, the area was a pretty fitting battleground. Mark looked over to Blade and wondered if Jack was going to send him out... considering the environment. He would be satisfyed to be able to defeat something like that. What snype lacks in brute strength, he achieves in pure cunning and agility.

Mark heard someone in the distance. Sounded like Vincent. "Hey! Yeah we're over here!" Mark called out.

Years
Jack smirked as Mark looked confident in his ability and so did Snype which was good to know "Blade you rea-" Jack was cut off before he could finish {No thanks I'll just watch} Blade thought the safety of Jack was more important than winning a fight so he decided to step down and observe the surroundings instead. {And worm I advice you shut up before you get cut up} this was directed towards Thyme who had been getting on Blades nerves all day. Jack heard Xacks shouting and decided to invite him over "Hey Xirnk we're over here" Jack shouted hoping He would hear him. Jack then released Blaze the Charmeleon who was delighted to be out of his pokeball again. "Ready whenever you are"

Megaman765

Years
Snype snickered a bit. This was... like the third Charmeleon he had seen today. Better yet, he was going against Valorie's just a moment ago. But that one was ridiculously steamed and trained like crazy. Every pokemon was different after all so this could be a completely new experience.

"Alright then. Lets go! Snype use..." Snype held his finger up as if saying, one moment to Mark. Seemed he wanted to do something first. "Well... if you say so Snype." Mark said. Snype smirked at Blaze and cracked his knuckled a bit.

Snype dashed forward toward Blitz and stopped immediately at point blank range. He clapped his hands together in front of Blaze's face and generated a large wave of force toward Blitz. Snype had used Fake out. Mark, was curious as to what Snype had planned... one of the wonders of acting independently...

Nideous

Years
"Worm huh? I guess you just proved me wrong. You are a complete moron. Now shut up and help me keep an eye out. I don't know what's out there, but I'm not letting it hurt Brian," Thyme said. She looked around cautiously, trying to identify everything out there.

Bri looked around nervously. Something was out there. He felt scared of it. He gripped Nova's pokeball, ready to call out the forth, and final, member of his team to help fight.
"Guys, I think we should leave. I'm getting a really weird vibe here," he said, but remained rooted to the spot. He wasn't going to just run and leave everyone else behind.

Years
Blade was usually a calm pokemon but everything about Thyme had infuriated Blade to a dangerous {Thats one last warning for you} Blade was in a serious mood he needed to focus on the surroundings and Thyme was a distraction he was more than willing to get rid off. Jack focus was on the battle though and he didnt notice what was going on witht he two pokemon. "Shake it off Blaze and use Dragon Pulse" Blaze gave Jack a nod and tried to get in a battle mindset after being pushed back a little by the Fake Out attack. Blaze opened his mouth and charge a ball of energy then fired the a green ball of light towards Snype.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie seemed oblivious to any odd feelings in the forest, her eyes jumping to Selene when she caught sight of her. She then quickly noticed that others were with her. She waved in a friendly manner, happy to see that her friends had caught up with them.

"Hey Selene, Mark, Brian!"

She was completely oblivious to the feelings, until she noticed how uncomfortable some of the people and pokemon present seemed. She became confused, wondering what in the world was up. Was she missing something?

Meanwhile, Charmeleon caught wind of what was going on and peered at Blade and Thyme, observing them. Was a fight starting? She saw it as a chance to unleash her frustration. Trapinch looked up, her black eyes gleaming in the light of the forest. She, normally a quiet pokemon, then spoke in a rather raspy voice.

Trapinch: "If you both start fighting, this could quickly turn into a mosh pit that will anger and frustrate our trainers."

Her voice had a warning, matter-of-fact tone to it. Charmeleon snorted.

Charmeleon: "Suck up."

The comment didn't seem to effect Trapinch, who ignored Charmeleon completely. This only seemed to irritate Charmeleon further, though she didn't say anything, rather deciding to snarl in an annoyed manner.

Valorie looked at Brian, visually skeptical and confused, raising an eyebrow. What was he on about? Of course, what she actually asked was a bit more gently put. She wasn't out to offend anyone needlessly.

"What do you mean?"

Nideous

Years
"Last warning? Like the last warning you gave me in the store? Whatever. Simmer down and help me keep an eye out! Somethings out there. We can kill each other later, but right now we have to protect our trainers," Thyme said softly. Before she had been sounding moderately annoyed. Now, she was deadly serious, and it wasn't because Blade was nearly twice her level. She leapt down and landed next to Charmeleon.
You too!" she said simply to the large fire lizard. She walked protectively in front of Bri, as though that would stop anything. She watched, listened, and used her nose, although her sense of smell was not that good.

"What do I mean? I'm not sure... I just know something is out there," Bri said nervously to Val. He couldn't explain it, but he knew he was right. He had a bad feeling about this.

Megaman765

Years
"Snype! Counter with Sucker punch!" Mark called out. He could see the combo working pretty well... cause his foe to flinch with Fake out, then move in with Sucker Punch to get another hit. It sounded like it could work pretty well. Snype rolled out of the way of the Dragon pulse and moved in to use Sucker Punch on Blaze, elbowing him right in the chest.

Len wondered what everybody was getting worked up about, thinking something was watching them. Must have been a good sense of hearing because he didn't notice anything watching them...

SelenaStar

Years
Pansear and Ryan watched the battle of words play our between Thyme and Blade - whilst the conflict put Ryan on edge somewhat, Pansear s
smirked between the two Pokemon. This was hilarious! Each trying to out-badman the other, the Scyther and the Snivy. "ha, she's all over you man," snickered Pansear at the Scyther, earning a nudge from Ryan. "stay out of it!" he hissed and Pansear replied with a snort. "yeah? And who's going to make me - you?" Ryan rolled his eye, shaking his head in defeat.

Pansear turned his attentions to Snype then, but it seemed the ghost pokemon was already embroiled in a battle. Shame, thought Pansear inwardly, he would've liked to give that guy a piece of his mind. He spoke as though he knew what Pansear was thinking, and the fire monkey didn't like that one bit.

Selene smiled at Valorie as she approached, waving back with equal gusto. "hey Val! Where have you been girl?" she watched with a growing frown as Bri spoke about something bad...something e felt was going to happen to them all. He seemed really spooked by the whole thing, though that could well be the aftermath if his worries beforehand. "well...doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere soon with these two..." she inclined her head towards the battle unfolding between Jack and Bri. Turning to Valorie she grinned.

"so Val, while they're busy with a battle shall we get on one too? Two pokemon each?" she challenged with a wide smile, she was eager to test Pansear out even though he was a new pokemon - she just knew he'd have attitude on the battlefield.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie was then cheered up by Selene's presence. She glanced at Brian momentarily, but simply didn't know what to make of it.

"I'm sure we can handle whatever comes our way, Brian. Don't worry too much."

She then turned to Selene. She glanced at her pokemon. Charmeleon and Trapinch really hadn't had a chance to rest. What a huge gamble. Well if she was going to gamble, she might as well go for the gold. She pulled out a spare pokeball and twirled it on her finger.

"I've just been hanging around here. Why don't we make it three? More training for the lot of them."

The ball lost it's balance, but Valorie quickly caught it in an attempt to not lose the cool factor. She wasn't aware that Selene now had four pokemon, but ah well. Who could even spare the attention to control four pokemon at once anyway?

SelenaStar

Years
Sel grinned back at Valorie - their last battle was great, but they'd both improved a lot since then. If Valorie used Dratini, given how much the pokemon had grown and strengthened recently, Selene knew that she'd have to pull out all the stops to defeat the serpent pokemon. Out of her 5 pokemon Horsea and Pansear were still relatively untrained...it looked like a three on three would require at lest 4 out of 5 pokemon.

"of course, you're correct!" smiled Sel, chuckling as Valorie spun a pokeball on her finger and then very nearly caught dirt in it. Was she being psyched out? Perhaps. But despite her loud and bright nature, when it got to battles for Sel fun and games were a thing of the past. Whistling for Ryan and Pansear, she nodded as they hurried over to her. She returned them to their pokeballs - after all, she had to keep the entertainig suspense - and gestured to Valorie. "ladies first," she said with a slight smile.

Game on.

Back