The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Hau in the Anime

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old June 26th, 2018 (7:42 PM).
In too deep inside these streets aligned.

Nature: Lonely
As of right now, Hau has yet to make an appearance in the anime in any shape or form. I worry if he'll even appear at all at this point. Which is how it seemed with Ilima being completely unseen until a year or so after S/M started airing.

That being said... do you guys want Hau to appear in the anime, or is the opportunity gone at this point?
Old June 26th, 2018 (7:54 PM).
Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
    As of right now, Hau has yet to make an appearance in the anime in any shape or form. I worry if he'll even appear at all at this point. Which is how it seemed with Ilima being completely unseen until a year or so after S/M started airing.

That being said... do you guys want Hau to appear in the anime, or is the opportunity gone at this point?
    Opportunity isn’t gone. In fact, it’s been TPC’s MO to introduce “friendly” rivals late into the series. Sawyer wasn’t revealed until Ash’s Gym Battle with Valerie in Episode 73/74(although Sawyer did battle Clemont in Episode 64 if memory serves) and Alain didn’t get revealed as a rival for Ash until Season 19(or 107 Episodes). Then there are other regions where they introduced “rivals” relatively late in the series(such as Harrison, Ritchie, etc.).

It’s also been their MO to promote the games: Emerald/FRLG with Battle Frontier, BW2 with Roxie, Steven and Hoenn Mega Evolutions for ORAS. I expect Hau to make an appearance for USUM promotion, especially with an Alolan League likely in our future.
    Old August 26th, 2018 (1:59 PM).

Nature: Docile
      I don't think that Hau is showing up.
      Old August 26th, 2018 (4:24 PM).
      Elite Trainer Joey

Nature: Calm
        Don’t think Hau will show up really think he would of been shown by now if he was
        Old August 28th, 2018 (12:57 PM). Edited August 28th, 2018 by IcyIce.
        Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
          We still have at least a year of Sun and Moon so it isn't a dead idea yet. In fact, there are possible hints that someone new will be joining the main cast with official art work, who happens to own a Alolan Raichu and a few others, which is Hau's signature pokemon.

Will he be a main character, I don't know. Will he face Ash in the League. possibly. We know that there is likely to be a League, but we don't know how they will handle it since there is no official League yet.

With the Necrozma Arc starting up, as well as Team Rocket Arc, which will probably end in November or so, they have to have something going on in the 3rd year of the SM anime. Especially since Ash only has 1 more Island Challenge to do, and almost every single one of the Ultra Beasts has been introduced, but Kartana, Guzzlord, and Pheramosa. Which from what they have done so far, will only last for an episode each. We also have Naganadel, but Ash has a Poipole.

So they have to do something in the 3rd season of SM which will probably be around 50 episodes. As to do I want Hau to be in the anime, I don't really mind. I think there is enough main cast members at the moment, especially since Gladieon seems to be Ash's main rival currently. But having a new character introduced that becomes a main character will change things up.

We need to keep in mind that Barry, which was the rival in DPPl games, did not show up till episode 101 in the DP saga. We haven't even made it to 90 episodes in SM yet. So just because he hasn't appeared yet, doesn't mean he never will. People didn't think Team Flare would be introduced either, but they showed up near the end of Kalos and became a main threat. That being said, he may be introduced at the start of Season 3 of SM or at the very end of Season 2. And I think Team Skull Arc will also take place in Season 3.
          Old August 28th, 2018 (4:32 PM).
          From Dusk to Dawn

Nature: Jolly
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
            I expect Hau to make an appearance for USUM promotion, especially with an Alolan League likely in our future.
            At this point, this would be the most likely saving grace for TV Tokyo/Disney XD to place Hau in to either swoop in & show how Blue Hau is via Alolan League matches (and perhaps become Champion for Ash to journey onward once again), or Ash becomes the Champion (and perhaps has to defend his position like in the games).
            Old August 29th, 2018 (12:55 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by CrimsonMajestic View Post
              At this point, this would be the most likely saving grace for TV Tokyo/Disney XD to place Hau in to either swoop in & show how Blue Hau is via Alolan League matches (and perhaps become Champion for Ash to journey onward once again), or Ash becomes the Champion (and perhaps has to defend his position like in the games).
              Personally, I'd prefer that Ash actually BECOME champion this time. Since Ash got runner up in Kalos, we can't afford to have Ash just do better than before, and they've denied him the champion title for FAR too long. Besides, even if he DOES win, he still needs to beat the Elite 4 and the regional champion before he can officially become champion.

As far as Hau, as another person pointed out, if Alain and Sawyer can get debuts very late into XY, Hau most certainly can get a debut late into this saga as well. Heck, if IcyIce is to be believe, it's actually a lot MORE likely that Hau's going to be appearing soon thanks to some concept art showing an Alola Raichu and a few others with a trainer (which reminds me, IcyIce, think you can post the link to this artwork?).
              Old August 29th, 2018 (7:03 AM). Edited August 29th, 2018 by Rad Dudesman.

At most, he'd be a "Barry" at this point since Gladion is already Ash's main rival.

He'd probably also be used to debut Dartrix and later Decidueye's Z-Move since Ash's Rowlet is unlikely to ever evolve.
                Old August 29th, 2018 (9:46 AM).
                From Dusk to Dawn

Nature: Jolly
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
                  Personally, I'd prefer that Ash actually BECOME champion this time. Since Ash got runner up in Kalos, we can't afford to have Ash just do better than before, and they've denied him the champion title for FAR too long.
                  Agreed; besides, it would be interesting if he were placed in a position where he would have to defend the title just like the games.

Quote:
                  Besides, even if he DOES win, he still needs to beat the Elite 4 and the regional champion before he can officially become champion.
                  That is assuming their speculated battle isn't the final battle for the duration of the matches.

Social Media Handles
                  Discord SirSpur#1123
                  Twitter SirSpur
                  Instagram SirSpur
                  Gab.ai SirSpur
                  Diaspora SirSpur
                  Old August 30th, 2018 (7:04 AM). Edited August 30th, 2018 by IcyIce.
                  Fictional Writer.

Quote:
                    Personally, I'd prefer that Ash actually BECOME champion this time. Since Ash got runner up in Kalos, we can't afford to have Ash just do better than before, and they've denied him the champion title for FAR too long. Besides, even if he DOES win, he still needs to beat the Elite 4 and the regional champion before he can officially become champion.

As far as Hau, as another person pointed out, if Alain and Sawyer can get debuts very late into XY, Hau most certainly can get a debut late into this saga as well. Heck, if IcyIce is to be believe, it's actually a lot MORE likely that Hau's going to be appearing soon thanks to some concept art showing an Alola Raichu and a few others with a trainer (which reminds me, IcyIce, think you can post the link to this artwork?).
                    It was from the Pokeshopper who confirmed it was official art work. Which have been right about things in the past and gets more info before most. Here is the art work for now. I can only take Pokeshopper's word for it. If it was anyone else, I'd be skeptical.

However, to me, it looks 100% official. There is also new merch with Stuffle coming out as well, to lead me to believe this is likely true as well. This image was also posted before a certain pokemon evolved, like a week afterwards.

Spoiler:
                    Old September 2nd, 2018 (3:17 PM).

Nature: Docile
                      I don't think that Hau is showing up. Hala has appeared many times and he never mentioned having a grandson.
                      Old September 13th, 2018 (2:52 AM). Edited September 13th, 2018 by Dragon.

Nature: Gentle
                      Spoiler:

It looks like he’s going to be showing up after all!
                      Old September 13th, 2018 (4:06 AM).
                      Fictional Writer.

See. This is why I say wait till new season :P Much like Barry, Hau will be showing up around a similar time frame most likely, so I am guessing episode 98 to 100. Maybe even the first episode of the next season.

This probably means there will be some sort of League after all or at least a tournament.
                        Old September 13th, 2018 (5:04 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by RileyXY1 View Post
                          I don't think that Hau is showing up. Hala has appeared many times and he never mentioned having a grandson.
                          To be fair, Ash never exactly mentioned meeting Serena as a child before XY either, yet when XY occurred, that's exactly what that turned out to be. Either way, it's pretty much confirmed at this point that Hau is going to be appearing anyway per Dragon's post. Speaking of which:

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
                          Spoiler:

Not only is Hau definitely appearing due to that poster, but, just as I expected and what When Regions Collide indicated, Misty and Brock are also returning as well (and based on the fact that they're on the poster, I'm suspecting they're going to have at the very least a bit of a larger role this season, if not a full-on return.). Heck, Ash may be getting an Eevee if it being posed near him is to be believed (and I must admit, the Eevee reminds me of my pet toy poodle Ridley-Riley due to really having a large amount of fur in front of its eyes.). Let's hope that THIS time around, Misty's actually ALLOWED to pursue her goal by the time she leaves and ISN'T forced back into Cerulean Gym yet again.
                          Old September 14th, 2018 (6:56 AM).
                          In too deep inside these streets aligned.

Nature: Lonely
                          Oh, so he's finally appearing, huh? About time, lmfao.
                          Old September 14th, 2018 (1:34 PM). Edited September 14th, 2018 by Sloxy.
                          Mon Amour

I wish Ash got the a**hole rivals back... Don't get me wrong the friendly rivals are cool and all, but d*ck rivals have so much more potential and Ash being one upped by them each time actually gives him reason to become stronger.

VPPS being cared for:

VPP Stats
                            Old September 14th, 2018 (1:38 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Sloxy View Post
                              I wish Ash got the a**hole rivals back... Don't get me wrong the friendly rivals are cool and all, but d*ck rivals have so much more potential and Ash being one upped by them each time actually gives him reason to become stronger.
                              Eh, personally, I think he really should get a rival that if anything actually WANTS to prove his own superiority by beating Ash and struggles to keep up with him. You know, similar to Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z. We haven't really had that in a rival at all in this series (in fact, ironically, ASH comes across as being more of the Vegeta type).
                              Old September 14th, 2018 (3:29 PM). Edited September 14th, 2018 by Quiji.
                              All I Want For Xmas

Omg Hau's coming?

Welp, get ready for Hau's endless malasada talk. At least he's not an edgelord like Gladion though hee hee.
                                Old September 15th, 2018 (2:15 PM).
                                Mon Amour

Quote:
                                  Eh, personally, I think he really should get a rival that if anything actually WANTS to prove his own superiority by beating Ash and struggles to keep up with him. You know, similar to Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z. We haven't really had that in a rival at all in this series (in fact, ironically, ASH comes across as being more of the Vegeta type).
                                  Wouldn't Sawyer fall under that category? Or by proving his own superiority do you mean out of jealousy or hatred of Ash and not admiration?

VPPS being cared for:

VPP Stats
                                  Old September 15th, 2018 (4:29 PM).
                                  Banned

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
                                    Spoiler:

Yes
                                    Old September 16th, 2018 (12:02 AM).
                                    weedle_mchairybug weedle_mchairybug is offline

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Sloxy View Post
                                      Wouldn't Sawyer fall under that category? Or by proving his own superiority do you mean out of jealousy or hatred of Ash and not admiration?
                                      Well, don't know about hatred, but certainly jealousy. Hence why I cited the Vegeta example (since, well, he WAS sore about being beaten by Goku up until the end of the Majin Buu arc). I guess Sawyer does come close to that kind of rival even if it IS admiration driving him rather than the same emotion that drove Vegeta.

Quick Reply