• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which of these 3 battle styles was your favorite?

favorite battle style?

• Doubles

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Triples

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rotations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I don't know how to add a poll. lol...

Basicly, did you like double battles, 3 on 3s, or rotation battles best?

The two after double battles being only in gen 5 for those who aren't aware. I'm curious how popular they ended up being as a whole, though!

But I really do prefer 2 on 2s out of the 3 for myself though. They feel simpler xD

Still, those other two were kinda neat. I wish I coulda tried them out more but oh well.

EDIT:....this might count as a thread relating to gen 5 O_o; i put it in the wrong board....?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I went and added in a poll for you. Lemme know if you need it edited. Also, this thread is fine where it is.

I remember liking rotation battles a bit in Gen 6, though I think that half of it had to do with watching my Choice Band Rampardos massacre things in the Battle Maison.

Never liked triples though, too many Pokemon active at once for my tastes.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I went and added in a poll for you. Lemme know if you need it edited. Also, this thread is fine where it is.

I remember liking rotation battles a bit in Gen 6, though I think that half of it had to do with watching my Choice Band Rampardos massacre things in the Battle Maison.

Never liked triples though, too many Pokemon active at once for my tastes.

Thanks for adding the poll for me :3

Odd, I thought rotations and 3 on 3s were only in unova?....

Years
I like doubles the best. For me it is more fun than singles by adding a new dynamic where you can potentially hit both targets or everyone on the field. It is a higher risk and reward, but without slowing down the pace. I actively opt for doubles sometimes over singles, but triples and rotation battles are not my cup of tea. I will participate in them still to get my symbol or equivalent from the post game battle facility in every category, but I don't look forward to them as much. You don't have as much room to swap Pokemon in these formats, and with more Pokemon on the field there is more battle animation and text to view, waiting for the pokemon to change positions in rotations etc can become a drawn-out affair. You can be there for a long time in particular for triples if you miscalculate where to place your Pokemon. I've koed Pokemon on one side of the field and my mon literally had nothing to do but wait and fire at empty space for turn after turn since the only enemy left was beyond his reach, he had to wait and fiddle his thumbs for my other pokemon to finish it off since he could only attack what was directly in his path.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Gen 5 made me prefer triple battles. I'm still sour they got removed.

For whatever reason, the games sure like to limit you competetively, generally by only allowing level 50 Pokemon and only 3 during most default matches.

Using triples, I felt for the first time I could actually use a full team and it was glorious. I soon grew to greatly enjoy having three working in tandem and 6 that could all be interchanged with one another.

I wish I got to battle with some of my themed triple teams more.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Thanks for adding the poll for me :3

Odd, I thought rotations and 3 on 3s were only in unova?....
No problem, I'm happy to help.

Triples and Rotations debuted in the Unova games, but they still had them in XY and ORAS. It wasn't actually until Sun/Moon that they got rid of them.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Triples and Rotations debuted in the Unova games, but they still had them in XY and ORAS. It wasn't actually until Sun/Moon that they got rid of them.

I know. That makes me think they're only going to be in Gens 5 and 6.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I like them in the order listed: Doubles, then triples, then rotation. I didn't mind Sky Battles being removed, but triples being gone and even rotation for the option/variety was a bummer. I hope they come back.

Years
Triples and Rotation battles were nice but I feel were barely around that long to make that much of an impact (unfortunately), while Doubles have been around since basically forever. Going with Double battles here simply because I'm more familiar with it and I find those more enjoyable.

Back