• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you want to see HG/SS features in future games?

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I think they should keep the Pokemon following, you, but have an option to turn it off and on for people who don't like it or get annoyed of it.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
Years
Im pretty sure you arent forced into have a partner pokemon.
But who wouldnt LOVE this idea?

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Years
I'd love to see these features in newer games :)

But then I never understood why the phone was never continued over to RSE

Because Nintendo simply released RSE for money, and to keep continuing the Pokemon franchise, their heart wasn't in it. RSE failed in almost every way, it lacks effort and the passion that was put into making G/S.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
Years
Most of em I really don't mind. I HATE the stupid screens that pop up when you enter certain areas, like sprout tower. They did it in fr/lg too, and I hated it then. I can't believe THEY PUT IT BACK IN!

Hmm. Really? I loved them. It's a nice way to see almost anime-styled versions of the areas. (The Boktai series does this too, and it's awesome.)

codemonkey85

Software Developer
Years
Have you not seen any trailers, images, or spoilers? Kanto was confirmed a while back.

Back on topic:

I would expect (or hope anyway) that the partner Pokémon feature will return, but I won't hold my breath for the Berry Planter or touchscreen controls. The Berry Planter is, as far as I can tell, just a way to avoid putting any soil in the maps (like in FRLG) and yet still allow for the growth of berries. As for the touchscreen controls, will the next Nintendo handheld even have a touchscreen?

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
Years

Oh gee I forgot its hard to just your work and slap it back into the next game. I mean if its working on a similar engine to DPPtHGSS then it wouldn't be too hard.

I'm talking about doing it in the first place. The art in the first place. 'Sides, they probably would change them every generation, as they do with sprites.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
yeah the ones I want to be in future games are Pokeathelon and Pokemon Following You Around ! The Battle Frontier too , as well as two regions !

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
No. The walking Pokemon gimmick is overrated. I don't get why people love it so much.

I felt the Johto remakes were some of the weakest games.

Back