• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will the identity of Ash's father ever be revealed?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 20, 2020
ok first you could have said that nicer, secondly even if the father isnt going to be revealed, its got other good things. you shouldnt stop watching just because of that.

I wish I could say it nicer, but I have to tell the truth. You've admitted yourself that they're not going to do anything with Ash's father, so this thread is completely pointless. As I've said before, the anime's staff do not make any effort to write a cohesive story, and the Sun/Moon saga is the culmination of that. This means the answer to the TC's question is profoundly "no". This thread ought to be closed.

Second, why should I bother watching an anime that has no intention of going anywhere with Ash or his goal? Nothing about the Pok?mon anime is really good if they're not going to impact the anime or its main character in any way whatsoever. The anime can be no worse than it actually is right now. I once again recommend that people should stop watching the anime altogether.

FlameChrome, please read this:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=387815

Let me know what you think about it.

Years
A thread being pointless is not for a single person to decide, so let's not get too off-topic here. Dog, you're welcome to continue the discussion in your own thread since it was already bumped but please don't turn this topic into anything other than discussing Ash's father. Many thanks!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 20, 2020
A thread being pointless is not for a single person to decide, so let's not get too off-topic here. Dog, you're welcome to continue the discussion in your own thread since it was already bumped but please don't turn this topic into anything other than discussing Ash's father. Many thanks!

Sheep, my point is that because the anime is making no effort to developing Ash, Pikachu or Team Rocket as characters, while removing everybody else from the show, there is absolutely no reason to expect anything concerning Ash's father, because the showrunners intend to keep Ash as a hopeless wanderer that continues to lose Pokémon leagues and stay unchanged in terms of accomplishment or character. They do not want to make the show good by any means, only to advertise the first games of the latest Gen to the audience.

The lack of anything concerning Ash's father is part of a much bigger problem that I've expressed in my last post. Like with FlameChrome, I invite you to read my essay; tell me what you like about it:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=387815

Hence, the anime's major problems give the TC a resounding "NO" as the answer to his question. Hence, the question is settled 100% and thus there is no point to discussing any further in this thread. Maybe they had some idea during the Kanto saga in the beginning, but they clearly don't have anything now, or more accurately, have no desire to have anything now.

So, to put it shortly:

The anime's Big Problem => They won't do anything with Ash's father => Final answer is "no"

And that's that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Tbh while on the subject of dads, I never understood why some fans thought that Silver (from Chronicles) was Ash's dad when there was, like, zero evidence. It reminds me of how fans thought that Brandon was Paul's dad... due to eyebrows. :T

Well, to be fair, Silver DID seem to know of Ash in that Hoso, even when it was never indicated that they've ever actually met.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 20, 2020
Well, to be fair, Silver DID seem to know of Ash in that Hoso, even when it was never indicated that they've ever actually met.

They sure won't do anything about that now, since the anime doesn't care for past characters (and many present characters too since they will be removed from the anime shortly).

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
They sure won't do anything about that now, since the anime doesn't care for past characters (and many present characters too since they will be removed from the anime shortly).

I know, I was just responding to Quiji's question.

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
I can imagine him being an important character in a movie who encounters a legendary Pokémon that needs him to leave the planet in order to solve a conflict some time after his initial departure from his family. Ash and company could find their way to his location through a portal of some kind. A second scenario is that he gives up becoming a Pokémon master and fades into obscurity for years before emerging as some sort of villain who is wearing a fancy, over the top disguise to conceal his identity. After being defeated he reveals his true identity, has a moment with his son and wife as the world crumbles, and sacrifices himself to save everyone from the disaster he caused.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 20, 2020
I can imagine him being an important character in a movie who encounters a legendary Pokémon that needs him to leave the planet in order to solve a conflict some time after his initial departure from his family. Ash and company could find their way to his location through a portal of some kind. A second scenario is that he gives up becoming a Pokémon master and fades into obscurity for years before emerging as some sort of villain who is wearing a fancy, over the top disguise to conceal his identity. After being defeated he reveals his true identity, has a moment with his son and wife as the world crumbles, and sacrifices himself to save everyone from the disaster he caused.

Yeah... no. I don't see this happening. Might be for the better too. Sorry.

The anime writers don't care about Ash's father.

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Yeah... no. I don't see this happening. Might be for the better too. Sorry.

The anime writers don't care about Ash's father.

If that were the case they could've said that he died or disappeared. Instead they revealed that he is alive and left his family to try becoming a Pokémon master.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hiya guys; I just wanna give a quick reminder: giving opinions is fine, but please do not derail threads; it becomes spam and kinda useless to the main discussion at hand, so let's all avoid that, okay?

Back