• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were to replace Ash/Satoshi as the main character...

qweenkobra

Legend Tamer
Years
I think an interesting concept would be Max from Hoenn coming of age and learning how to be a trainer. I would watch that!! I'm not sure if he actually ever got a Pokemon, but I remember hoping he would while watching the show

Years
It'd be interesting following Paul on his post-Sinnoh path to redemption but that would be better as a spin-off. Max or Bonnie growing old enough and then setting off on their own adventure could work although I always hated Max.

I think I agree though that really an entirely new character would be the only really good way to do it. A really different one and not a redux preferably.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Eh, to be honest, the little of him I did see, I actually tolerated him a bit more than his sister May.

And besides, honestly, he really needs his own show if he's to actually avoid going to waste, especially after the writers' stupid insistence on keeping Ash 10 for who knows how long and thus forcing him to break that promise of challenging him when he's older. At this rate, he's one of only two former leads who really got the short end of the stick upon departure (the only other being Misty thanks to being forced out of her goal by her sisters and being forced to run Cerulean Gym). At least the other leads either were actually allowed to pursue their goals (May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, heck, even Tracey and Clemont to a certain extent) or otherwise willingly changed their goals of their own volition with minimal, if any outside influence (Serena, Brock, also Gary to a certain extent), and in one case, Tracey, he arguably succeeded in his goal if we count his desire to meet Professor Oak and work for him as an actual goal of his.

Regarding who is best fit to replace Ash, quite frankly, he should be replaced with someone actually FROM the games, preferably one of the male protagonists, though, heck, I'd even take one of the female protagonists if it at least spices things up.

Back