• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Apparently there isn't, otherwise they wouldn't have been allowed to play. If they share owners, and both teams get benefited, it's hard to find a way to stop it... otherwise, they could make a further agreement and just make easily breakable contracts, or add special clauses so the players could change teams just as easily :\

Also, River Plate, the most successful Argentinian team, will play in the Serie B next year after losing 3-1 in the relegation playoff. A big time shocker.

@jackblazer: why do you think he won't go too far?

Considering the biased league layout in Argentina, its a major shock.

Years

@jackblazer: why do you think he won't go too far?

If he stays at barca, which he really wants to he will be last in the pecking order Xavi-Iniesta-Busquest-Mascherano-Keita- then Thiago. Its his life long dream to stay at Barca and it will take him years to break into that system and will be even harder if Fabregas comes

EDIT: I have just seen that The best club in the world(Man U) have made a 15mil bid for him so if he does come to Man U he could end up being great.

Last edited:

goirish3

Pizza!
Years
  • Age 36
  • US
  • Seen Jan 19, 2012
Seattle Sounders FC is my favourite club team and national is RED WHITE and BLUE!!!!!!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
EDIT: I have just seen that The best club in the world(Man U) have made a 15mil bid for him so if he does come to Man U he could end up being great.

Man, I wonder which team you are a supporter of XD; But now he signed a new contract- I hope you have €90 million in your pocket.

You guys did get De Gea, though. I'm going to miss the dude, it was probably the best keeper we have had in a while. At least there will be one person I like in that team for the next 5 years XD

Also, rumours say that Cesc will finaly return to Barcelona in a matter of days, we'll see.

Years
Seattle Sounders FC is my favourite club team and national is RED WHITE and BLUE!!!!!!

I've watched a few Sounders games and they were pretty good, Montero in particular.

Of course, the overall standard of the MLS isn't as good.

Man, I wonder which team you are a supporter of XD; But now he signed a new contract- I hope you have €90 million in your pocket.

You guys did get De Gea, though. I'm going to miss the dude, it was probably the best keeper we have had in a while. At least there will be one person I like in that team for the next 5 years XD

Also, rumours say that Cesc will finaly return to Barcelona in a matter of days, we'll see.

You should like them all. :(

De Gea is a good signing and should provide us with a top quality keeper for years to come. Now if only we could get Agüero...

Ivysaur

Years
I'm sorry, it was a side effect of them winning the CL and then Torres leaving us to go there :( Plus they are having bad times lately and I sympathize with them XD

Years
I guess we're even anyway because my favourite Spanish team is Real.

If you want to sympathize with a team then there are clubs in much harsher times than Liverpool. :P

Ivysaur

Years
Is someone watching the Copa Empate- I mean, the Copa América? Apparently it's the most boring thing ever- I watched the last Argentina - Colombia match and it was disgusting ._.

Years
A whole week of football news caught up on.

Looks like City have finally caved in and changed the stadium name to their sponsor.

Arsenal have sold one of their better players for less than his value.

And finally, my beloved United have lost two of their greatest servants. We certainly need to replace O'Shea.

As for the copa américa, I can't say I have ever watched it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Anyone watching the women's World Cup? I may watch the Australia vs Sweden Quarter Final myself in a few hours - hopefully Australia win. =p A bit surrpising that Germany lost at home - that Japanese goalkeeper made a few good saves.

Years
I saw that game yesterday, and it was painful. On the one side of the field they couldn't hit a barn door and on the other side the defense was looking pretty disorganized too
shakehead.gif

Japan really deserved winning that game.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Whelp Australia's defence was pretty poor and cost us all three goals conceded so we are out. Pity - first match I actually got to see (darn time zones) but oh well. Our lon goal was prtty darn good though. =p

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Love how US pulled it together. They weren't expecting to face Brazil because they thought they'd top their group, but they placed well against them. Abby's goal was great and Hope's penalty save, she learns from experience ;)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The Under-17's WC Final was pretty entertaining to watch imo. Mexico were the deserved winners imo, just slightly better overall with their play, although their opponents did hit the post twice.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Mexico did deserve to win, but Uruguay missed some pivotal chances. This just goes to show how the youth player system in South America is continuing to blossom; two SA teams in the U-17 final World Cup, last year or the one before, Uruguay won the U-19 (or U-17) World Cup (I think), 5 years ago, Mexico won the U-17 World Cup for the first time...

On another note, Colombia are seriously looking contenders for the Copa America title. They easily topped their group, and secured their spot in the quarter finals. Now, Argentina will face an U-23 Costa Rica team who beat Bolivia 0-2; Argentina needs to win, a draw won't do. Brazil disappoint again; their 2-2 draw with Paraguay was fully undeserved. If Brazil were to hiccup during their game against Ecuador, they won't reach the quarter finals, seeing as Venezuela (the surprise package) tops the group with 4 points.

Years
Do you guys think that young aspiring footballers should train themselves to play like international footballers. I have played football for my school since i was in 7th grade and more and more i realize that the younger players try to play like messi or ronaldo and since i never really trained my self to play like another footballer do you think that the youngsters should try and play like specific players or just train their skills?

Ivysaur

Years
People should try to train their skills. Everybody wants to be the new Ronaldo, but a team also needs midfielders, defenders and a goalie. Also, trying to be someone you clearly aren't never helps- not only in football, but anywhere. Before being an imitation of "Messi", people should try to be the best themselves.

I know this sounds like a speech from a Disney movie but it's true XD

Years
People should try to train their skills. Everybody wants to be the new Ronaldo, but a team also needs midfielders, defenders and a goalie. Also, trying to be someone you clearly aren't never helps- not only in football, but anywhere. Before being an imitation of "Messi", people should try to be the best themselves.

I know this sounds like a speech from a Disney movie but it's true XD

This basically. We can't have goalkeepers tried to nutmeg everyone on the opposite team.

Anyway, this was a bit of a shock. It could be big for Brazillian football though and better yet I don't have to see much of him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back