• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rules: Events & Groups Approval

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Events & Groups Approval
Guidelines

Events are tournaments, competitions, draft leagues, etc. Events usually come to an end, whereas groups can run indefinitely.
Groups are Gym Leader / Elite Four leagues, clans, clubs, etc. Groups generally battle their own members or take on outside challengers, and have events within their group.
・Post all event and group applications in this thread. Your thread may be locked if it's posted without the approval of the moderator(s).
・Ensure your application is thought-out and readable before posting, or it will be rejected.
・Applications may be delayed or rejected if they are too similar in nature to a previous event or group.
・Specify the metagame (e.g. SM OU and Battle Spot Singles) your event or group is based around, as well as whether game cartridges or a battle simulator (e.g. Pokémon Showdown) will be used.
・While it's preferred to use Smogon's or Nintendo's metagames, you are allowed flexibility in your rulesets if it adds an interesting twist to your event or group. For example, your ruleset may be SM OU, but a condition of the event could be that only Pokémon over a certain weight are allowed.
・All events must follow the Battle Scheduling guidelines. Feel free to link to them in your thread.
・Try to offer incentives for the winners or participants of your event, such as a shiny or 5/6 IV Pokémon.

Resources

Achromatic's CSS Templates

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Would it be alright if I threw up the Sun/Drought team tourney thread like today or something, or would you rather that we wait on that/someone else does it?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Would it be alright if I threw up the Sun/Drought team tourney thread like today or something, or would you rather that we wait on that/someone else does it?
Sure, it'll be fine to do it today. Summer Glory Festival is almost done, NU tour is small, etc. PCL is starting soon, but I don't think it'll conflict any.

Reactions: Nah

Buttermink

King's Global Pokemon League
Years
King's Global Pokemon League (Full, but accepting new members)

Battle with New Pokemon in Ways Never Seen Before

With the introduction of move tutors and new Pokemon to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, we see new and interesting mons and movepools pop up that could fundamentally change the way you view a particular Pokemon. These new move have the potential to shake up the tiers for draft leagues.

Enjoy a Lively Server

With over 70 members, the Global League and the Elite 4 challenge, the King's Global Pokemon League server is lively and fun, with the possibility of many more leagues to come, including a doubles draft league.

Don't Have a Cartridge, Don't Worry

We are Showdown-based, but are also willing to use the 3DS system if you find a member who has one. If you are interested at all in any of the events I have described to you, feel free to follow the link and ask for @Admin. One of our friendly staff would be more than happy to give you a tour of the place, and hopefully you'll find your time well spent on out humble server.

PM me for Discord link

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
We don't allow threads whose sole purpose is to advertise.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 10, 2018
Would it be acceptable to create a thread for recruiting members for my group that creates tournaments?

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Since this was on my mind..are personal threads allowed where a user has a post with their FC, awaiting challengers to say either cart or showdown battles? PC used to have a lot of it, and I know with ranked ingame and showdown being as prevalent as it is, individual set up battles are less common. However I still think something like personal battle threads could create some healthy competition/activity in the community again?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Since this was on my mind..are personal threads allowed where a user has a post with their FC, awaiting challengers to say either cart or showdown battles? PC used to have a lot of it, and I know with ranked ingame and showdown being as prevalent as it is, individual set up battles are less common. However I still think something like personal battle threads could create some healthy competition/activity in the community again?
We allow them. :)

Back