• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Rocket Strike (IPS-Patch released!)

jerzo

~Haunter's gonna haunt~
Years
:( I have wanted to play a game like this my since 96! Unfortunately I'm broke and only have a cell phone and a tablet, which that website doesn't support :( . in will try to go to the library or something to check it out when I can, but I hope you get the opportunity to post the ROM online in a zip in the future. I would pay to be a rocket! Why can't game freak see that?

GTV

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
There actually is a way to play offline in VBA (or whatever your GBA emulator of choice may be). It does require the RGR plugin, though.

1. Open the game in the RGR plugin.
2. As soon as the game loads, close the plugin.
3. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Vizzed\VizzedRgrPlugin\Roms (Windows XP) or C:\ProgramData\Vizzed\VizzedRgrPlugin\Roms (Windows Vista/7/8).
4. The .gba rom will be there! Now all you have to do is copy it to wherever you store your hacks/GBA roms.

This actually applies to any game available in the RGR. ;)
this didn't work for my tablet. what a rip off

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
3. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Vizzed\VizzedRgrPlugin\Roms (Windows Vista/7/8).

Ive literally spent hours looking...
I can't find where the roms folder is (windows 8 btw). If someone else knows how to explain it better (no offense) can you please do so?

Just for reference, for me to pull up the folder I have to go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vizzed\Vizzed Retro Game Room

Years
Ive literally spent hours looking...
I can't find where the roms folder is (windows 8 btw). If someone else knows how to explain it better (no offense) can you please do so?

Just for reference, for me to pull up the folder I have to go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vizzed\Vizzed Retro Game Room

I had the same problem, but this is how I fixed it:
Click on the windows button and open up the yellow 'Plugin Data Folder', this opens up a new document which contains the map 'roms' where you can copy & paste the .gba file.

I hope this helped you out a bit!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
I had the same problem, but this is how I fixed it:
Click on the windows button and open up the yellow 'Plugin Data Folder', this opens up a new document which contains the map 'roms' where you can copy & paste the .gba file.

I hope this helped you out a bit!

ahhhh
Thank you sooooo much!
Very useful to know

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
First of all, I want to say that I am not trying to antagonize you. I know you're tired of dealing with complaints about this. I just want to at least talk this over with you. If you refuse to provide another way of acquiring your hack then I won't complain. But I at least want to hear your reasons. I at least want to see whether or not we can reach some kind of compromise that suits both of our interests.

Second of all, the reason why I don't have the option of using the plugin is simple: I don't use Windows at all. I use Linux, and I do not have an easily accessible method of getting your hack. I know that many others are in similar situations.

I don't understand what the point of this plugin is, but if it is just for the sake of being able to distribute the patched rom file itself, then I think it is quite extraneous, because I know how easy it is to patch the game myself. If the reason for the plugin is something else, then fine, but let's at least talk about it.

If it's the statistics that you're after, it would surely be no problem to just track the number of times people have accessed a hosted IPS patch or whatever the equivalent may be in this case. Simple, easy, and breaks no rules that I know of.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
First of all, I want to say that I am not trying to antagonize you. I know you're tired of dealing with complaints about this. I just want to at least talk this over with you. If you refuse to provide another way of acquiring your hack then I won't complain. But I at least want to hear your reasons. I at least want to see whether or not we can reach some kind of compromise that suits both of our interests.

Second of all, the reason why I don't have the option of using the plugin is simple: I don't use Windows at all. I use Linux, and I do not have an easily accessible method of getting your hack. I know that many others are in similar situations.

I don't understand what the point of this plugin is, but if it is just for the sake of being able to distribute the patched rom file itself, then I think it is quite extraneous, because I know how easy it is to patch the game myself. If the reason for the plugin is something else, then fine, but let's at least talk about it.

If it's the statistics that you're after, it would surely be no problem to just track the number of times people have accessed a hosted IPS patch or whatever the equivalent may be in this case. Simple, easy, and breaks no rules that I know of.

It's simple. I think I stated in the description that this hack was made because of a competition which had the rule that the hacks are not allowed to be distributed as a patch.
Sorry for the inconvenience with Vizzed, hate that they've only Windows support.
Maybe you know someone who has a Windows PC....

ZoruaAndAbsol

Master of Illusions
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 10, 2022
Is it still in beta? I don't like to play incomplete hacks and the reason why is I don't like waiting for a new update. Yes I am very impatient.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 25, 2015
Well I have linux so I wont be able to play this game and really want to...so can someone share a link or something so i can play the game on myboy emu? Please if allowed.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I just started playing this hack and it is quite interesting! The difficulty curve is a bit higher, which is nice, although I find it disheartening how you often get attacked right in front of as well as inside of a Pokemon Center. And there are so many double battles! Thanks for making it, though!

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
I just started playing this hack and it is quite interesting! The difficulty curve is a bit higher, which is nice, although I find it disheartening how you often get attacked right in front of as well as inside of a Pokemon Center. And there are so many double battles! Thanks for making it, though!

Thanks, buddy. Lol if I created Pokemon it would be that way: no way out of battles.
Personally I like double battles. To me, it seemed like a good way to implement them to get weaker Pokemon stronger faster than normal 1vs1 battles.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Hi, where can I find Chansey in Safari Zone? Went in there few times but no luck so far, not even in area 2...would be really nice to get that lucky egg...thanks for answer

Back