• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern news that INFURIATES you

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Anything topical and current.

For me, this, my favorite film getting this treatment:

https://movieweb.com/scarface-remake-release-date-writers-coen-brothers/

With an awful Coen Brothers script to boot. I want to vomit.

Die in a fire, Hollywood. I hope this trash bombs so badly. You don't remake iconic movies that can't be topped, to say nothing that it was already a remake!

This irritated me so much that I made this topic.

Share yours.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Well. Anything Trump does.

Also, I will move this to Deep Discussion as news and world happenings are traditionally better discussed there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I kinda wanted something specific not generalized.

Anyone can say "Herp derp Trump", but why, what detail exactly? The actual stories, recent behavior in particular. That's the point. It generates discussion.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
PSO2 got a Switch port recently and it's only for Japan

the game came out 6 years ago and Sega promised us that we'd get it here in North America sometime, and afaik they haven't yet said that they decided to not release it outside of Japan

this would've been the perfect opportunity to FINALLY release it to the West and they didn't fucking take it

I don't have any examples of like....real world news that has pissed me off lately, as I try to not get angry over much anymore.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
"deep"

I've honestly stopped listening to the news. I'm pretty much just expecting at some point for shit to go awry that I have to pay attention. Outside of that... meh.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
"deep"

I've honestly stopped listening to the news. I'm pretty much just expecting at some point for **** to go awry that I have to pay attention. Outside of that... meh.

News just means topical things happening currently. Not literal newscasts.

Did you not see how I started it? Pointless remake news doesn't fall under your definition. Anything current, really.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Well. Anything Trump does.

Mimicking this as well. His whole demeanor in press conferences/news infuriates me. Hell, even on Twitter, but I feel like that's a reach. Though I do try to steer clear of anything talking about him which is why I stopped watching the news.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I really don't want this to become a leftist echo chamber. Or any political affiliation chamber, for that matter.

If you can't give proper examples and just hop on the same bandwagon as someone else for no other reason than just it's a hot topic, then why bother posting at all?
Add something at least, please.

Last edited:
Years
When a big name franchise announces they're making a movie with an openly LGBTQ lead, replaces an iconic character with a minority, or is changing their franchise to focus heavily on minority groups...

Catering to minorities is important, but don't make the minority factor the main focus of the character! All it does is alienate fans, which is not a good thing.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
When a big name franchise announces they're making a movie with an openly LGBTQ lead, replaces an iconic character with a minority, or is changing their franchise to focus heavily on minority groups...

Catering to minorities is important, but don't make the minority factor the main focus of the character! All it does is alienate fans, which is not a good thing.

Remember the BLACK version of Steel Magnolias?

Or the FEMALE Ghostbusters movie?

Just how much they added to those originals and surpassed them!!!11

There are no specific examples happening currently though? Hopefully not, because we've had way too many of them as is. Just make characters; no one should be off limits, but don't pander.
But I don't need to explain it to you; you get it.

Years
Remember the BLACK version of Steel Magnolias?

Or the FEMALE Ghostbusters movie?

Just how much they added to those originals and surpassed them!!!11

There are no specific examples happening currently though? Hopefully not, because we've had way too many of them as is. Just make characters; no one should be off limits, but don't pander.
But I don't need to explain it to you; you get it.

Yes. Those attempted all-female reboots are what really shows the running out of ideas message. There's plans to remake Lord Of The Flies with female-only leads, and we know both Ghostbusters 2016 and Ocean's 8 tried to do it, and failed.

Years
I really don't want this to become a leftist echo chamber. Or any political affiliation chamber, for that matter.

If you can't give proper examples and just hop on the same bandwagon as someone else for no other reason than just it's a hot topic, then why bother posting at all?
Add something at least, please.

Not really your job to police content mate.
The reason people are saying "anything Trump does" is because literally his entire demeanour is unbecoming of a world leader. He acts like a spoiled rich child having a tantrum, bases nothing on actual facts and tries to invalidate anyone who does. His economic stance shits in the faces of the poor while making the lives of the rich even easier - often at the expense of said poor, his immigration policies are appalling, his stance on gun control is getting people killed, he only got elected in the first place because of a combination of Russian interference and the electoral collage unfairly skewing the vote count oh and he's a sex offender who should be in prison. At the very least, you shouldn't get to be president when there are lawsuits pending against you involving sexual abuse, possibly against minors. This is all ignoring that you'd be hard pressed to find any promise he's kept or issue he hasn't flip-flopped on.

The reason I say anything Trump does is because he's literally the sum of everything I despise.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
gimmepie really summed it up, yeah. Trump has yet to do a single thing in public I can remember agreeing with.

I understand you don't want this thread to be a Trump skepticism echo chamber though, sorry for replying so vaguely.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
The reason people are saying "anything Trump does" is because literally his entire demeanour is unbecoming of a world leader. He acts like a spoiled rich child having a tantrum, bases nothing on actual facts and tries to invalidate anyone who does. His economic stance ****s in the faces of the poor while making the lives of the rich even easier - often at the expense of said poor, his immigration policies are appalling, his stance on gun control is getting people killed, he only got elected in the first place because of a combination of Russian interference and the electoral collage unfairly skewing the vote count oh and he's a sex offender who should be in prison. At the very least, you shouldn't get to be president when there are lawsuits pending against you involving sexual abuse, possibly against minors. This is all ignoring that you'd be hard pressed to find any promise he's kept or issue he hasn't flip-flopped on.

The reason I say anything Trump does is because he's literally the sum of everything I despise.

Again, this isn't about sides, it's about the lackluster topic it would produce.

"LOL THE THING THAT'S POPULAR TO HATE RIGHT NOW"
Fine you think that, but what happened now with it? Elaborate. Make conversation.

And to make it worse, you then get replies to it, "LOL YEAH" and so on.

Then pretty soon the whole topic just becomes another echo chamber from whatever side. and any conversation is lost. That's not what I made the topic for.
Go make the "Lol let's bitch about Trump more" topic if that's all you want; I want conversations here.

Who seems to get it. Not about the content you have an issue with, but rather just how you go about presenting it.

Last edited:
Years
Any sort of article that Buzzfeed publishes irritates me. Some of the things that they post truly perplex me, and not in a good way. It's obvious how Buzzfeed promotes a liberal agenda, which is fine (I typically lean pretty liberal myself on most issues), however, it's practically shoved down your throat. Buzzfeed is so quick to label anyone who doesn't agree with their far-left ideologies a 'bigot' a 'racist', so on and so forth when it's unnecessary. Part of equality and living in a democratic society is allowing people to have different worldviews, opinions, and beliefs, and rather than posting articles lashing out at various groups, we should be encouraging conversation and promoting understanding. Buzzfeed, instead, actually is doing the opposite, they're encouraging hostility and intolerance to other groups who may see things differently.

Also, how Buzfeed has made a joke out of Feminism. (Which I am not going to get into, there's a separate thread for that.)

Some of their articles are just utterly pointless. Like this one that I came across "What is your inner potato?" (I attempted to link it but the attachment is too large) but seriously, why?! Who cares!? Who the hell was bored enough that they decided to come up with such a pointless, stupid, laughable topic?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Butch Hartman's ambitious streaming service, OAXIS Entertainment, turning out to be a huge scam that actually aims to pander to Christians.

It is also baffling how far he will go to oppress others' criticism of his terrible choices, especially claiming to be above criticism by producing some of Nickelodeon's cult cartoons.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The reason people are saying "anything Trump does" is because literally his entire demeanour is unbecoming of a world leader. He acts like a spoiled rich child having a tantrum, bases nothing on actual facts and tries to invalidate anyone who does. His economic stance muks in the faces of the poor while making the lives of the rich even easier - often at the expense of said poor, his immigration policies are appalling, his stance on gun control is getting people killed, he only got elected in the first place because of a combination of Russian interference and the electoral collage unfairly skewing the vote count oh and he's a sex offender who should be in prison. At the very least, you shouldn't get to be president when there are lawsuits pending against you involving sexual abuse, possibly against minors. This is all ignoring that you'd be hard pressed to find any promise he's kept or issue he hasn't flip-flopped on.

I suppose I?ll step out of the shadows by stating the following fact that people often ignore: You can dislike or hate Trump the man but be in favor of his policy stances/viewpoints. What those on the left often do is that they conflate or assume that just because I or someone may support certain Trump policies means that we support the guy regardless of what he does and then attack us personally by calling us Racist or w/e intolerant adjective the left/SJW culture happens to be using that day. That crap has to stop, otherwise you will never have a debate, much less convince the other side that your policy is the way to go. Simply stating anything Trump does doesn?t say anything. It merely means you?re so prejudiced that you can?t even give a reason as to why.

I support Trump?s Immigration stance because we can?t keep taking in every person that wants to come here. Furthermore, the vast majority of the immigrants I see coming in DO NOT ASSIMILATE and hence whatever Culture we had is degraded and ultimately lost. Europe has already lost the Culture war through their Multi-Culturalism policy by letting in millions of Muslims into Europe and now they have a Radical Islam problem and are pushing Anti-Semitic policy. An example is what is going down in Ireland where they intend to boycott Businesses who are present in Israeli settlements. This coincidentally conflicts with USA Law because anyone in the USA openly supporting a boycott that we, as the USA, don?t agree with, would be in violation of USA law. In other words, USA companies who are in Ireland and in Israel would be in a giant dilemma. Source: Occupied Territories Bill bad for US Companies

While I don?t agree with Trump?s Tarrifs(my Father an I debate on this constantly) we both agree that China is the biggest currency manipulator, IP violator and one of the most protectionist countries in the world. Hell we(FBI) just arrested and indicted a Chinese man that tried to flee to China from San Jose Airport with Trade secrets. Europe, Japan and Korea are also protectionist, they just won?t openly admit it and the fact Trump is pointing it out and actually doing something about it(granted I find it to be misguided) somehow makes him the bad guy in the room for shedding light on the inconvenient truth.

As for Mexico, one third of their Economy is reliant upon remittance or money being sent back home. Meaning money earned illegally here in the USA supports Mexico?s Economy. Maybe cracking down on Illegal Immigration is why Mexico is in a tizzy fit over Trump?s Immigration policy. Don?t believe me? Mexico earned more money from remittance than from Oil Revenue(source

The Ireland Boycott news is what infuriated me because it?s Anti-Semitism disguised as Palestinian/SJW propaganda. Also I agree on the Female remakes of Ghostbusters and Oceans Eleven. Just because it looks good on paper doesn?t mean it should be done. I mean we?ve had hoe many King Arthur or Robin Hood movies? Ugh...

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Anything that has to do with Trump. It's so annoying. It's really annoying hearing about Trump and Putin every single day, god, give up already. I'm so damn tired of hearing "the election was rigged, oh, no it wasn't rigged." etc etc etc. What a joke.

Last edited:
Back