• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
Years
Hmm, so I apparently need to take my website down whenever I do yum updates to it. At least it's as simple as stopping a service and then re-initializing it. :P

I think the lesson learned from my previous desktop was to just never leave it turned on 24/7, or to also stop constantly disconnecting hardware from it (like PCI cards).

You have issues with leaving it on 24/7? What kind of issues?

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
Years
I don't even use the tower anymore. Where did I say I had issues with leaving it on 24/7? I just meant that leaving it on like that probably wore it out severely.

Oh. I'm just wondering because I've had a desktop on for probably 7 of the past ten years and it is fine. I had to replace the power supply once due to a storm though.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm tempted to buy more RAM to make my desktop keep going, since, well the Battlefield 1 open beta is on, and... well, running things at half resolution, with everything turned down, just to maintain close to 60 FPS doesn't seem too... pretty on my laptop. At least for non-gaming, the laptop does act like my desktop, after connecting all my desktop's stuff to it instead.

It costs money, though. And the RAM will go unused once it gets its RAM back...

Years
I'm tempted to buy more RAM to make my desktop keep going, since, well the Battlefield 1 open beta is on, and... well, running things at half resolution, with everything turned down, just to maintain close to 60 FPS doesn't seem too... pretty on my laptop. At least for non-gaming, the laptop does act like my desktop, after connecting all my desktop's stuff to it instead.

It costs money, though. And the RAM will go unused once it gets its RAM back...
You could just always download more RAM so that it won't cost you a penny. :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I just wonder if my HP monitor will ever break. Hehe...

Nobody has heard of HP monitors breaking, but who knows?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
An old custom built computer. Asus motherboard, Intel cpu, corsair ram and psu. Hard drives are WD mainly one Seagate (got it on sale). Xfx Nvidia video card. Old but solid.

2gb of ram 1.86ghz core2duo it's so old haha

Can you overclock that Core 2 Duo? It might give it new life. :)

In the meantime, I bought stuff :)

Spoiler:

My phone could get some pampering... and might as well buy one of the best non-electrically conductive thermal compound on the cheap - something that I can't buy separately without buying a cooler without going online.

Years
I applied a fix similar to this one on my Nexus 7 today! It's pretty much the same fix, but instead of foam, I cut a piece off a folder and glued it down.

So far the auto rotate has held up after about three hours (where usually it would fail after an hour or so). Here's to hoping it does stay up! :D

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Spoiler:

Well, at least I will be able to get things done on my desktop now. Lots of pending stuff to do with all that downtime... it felt so wrong.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Anyone else think Apple's proposal to remove the headphone jack from iPhones is impractical, greedy, arrogant, and downright stupid?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Bought a Surface Book and I really love it <3

There are only a few things I'll miss about my older Mac, which I gave to my mom. I'll have to take time to get used to their not being a button the keyboard that plays/pauses iTunes (i can't figure out the current one lol), the fact that I can't seem to transfer my iTunes library, and the resolution is a bit different and makes sprites look a liiiiiitle bit blurrier on the Surface. No idea why some graphics look blurrier but I'm trying to figure out a solution 'cause I work with graphics all the time and it sucks for them not to be as crisp as they were. Oh well.

I love the touch screen tho. Also this has nothing to do with the current conversation I just wanted to post how happy I was somewhere haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back