• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
tumblr_ozn3uklk081u501aoo1_400.gif

Yep, it is already that time of year again! What are some of your favorite Christmas / holiday songs to listen to every year?

Also, are there any songs you can't stand that pop up this time of year?

Last edited:
Reactions: noa

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I love Christmas music! My favorite is I'll Be Home for Christmas (its sad, but sweet), and all the bops like rocking around the christmas time, holly jolly christmas, etc. I generally prefer instrumental christmas mood music though. It makes me feel so happy!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'm not that into Christmas so literally everything bothers me lmao

Years
Christmas carols tend to drive me up the wall, unless choirs of children are singing them, of course, and singing them well. Covers are not my jam, either.

Favourite carol would be that King Winsonslauss-blab-bleh-can't-spell-one because it's excellent.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Frosty the Snowman is my most favorite carol, but ONLY the version by Jimmy Durante! As for annoying songs, I have to say Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. I've never been all that found of that one. D:

Years
I love Santa Baby. Eartha Kitt is of course my favorite rendition, but I also really like Ariana's, Kylie's, and Madonna's covers as well. I forking hate Michael Buble's Santa Buddy BS tho.

My boyfriend showed me Text Me Merry Christmas. It's kinda cute.

I'm also a huge fan of the festive version of All I Want For Christmas Is You.

...tbh I love most Christmas music. Leslie Odom Jr [Original Broadway Cast Aaron Burr of Hamilton] put out a great album of Christmas covers. It's one of my favorites. I also like Kylie's Christmas albums as a whole (just wish she didn't release 2...so...close...together)

Years
I love Christmas music.

My favourite classics would be Santa Baby and Jingle Bell Rock.

I love the 70s Christmas rock songs too: Wizzard's 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' and especially Slade's 'Merry Xmas Everybody'.

As for popstars making Christmas music Mariah's Christmas originals are, of course, unbeatable. Besides Mariah's Christmas music I'd say Britney's 'My Only Wish' is the best popstar offering.

Also a bit of trash is always fun. A touch NSFW.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Oh boy... rubs hands together.... I've heard lots of Xmas songs but the best ones are parody ones. Animal lovers might want to steer clear of the spoiler below and if you're at work, it may be NSFW. You've been warned :)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I've gotten to the point where I don't really care for them. It also doesn't help when the radio stations start playing them earlier and earlier. That and the fact that they play them 24/7.

I'm glad my store doesn't play that crap or we'd all lose our minds.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I love Walking in A Winter Wonderland by Dean Martin. For Christmas carols, my favourite is probably Silent Night. I have also always liked All I Want For Christmas Is You, it's such a happy song. :D

The only Christmas song I have become tired of is Last Christmas by Wham as they must have played it 7 or 8 times during a shift I had at a pharmacy. Was ready to knock myself out just to not hear it again :( I did like it before but I guess I'm tired of it now

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I've gotten to the point where I don't really care for them. It also doesn't help when the radio stations start playing them earlier and earlier. That and the fact that they play them 24/7.

I'm glad my store doesn't play that crap or we'd all lose our minds.

Sounds of the Season channel started playing Christmas songs at midnight November 1st... if I'm not insane by December, it's a miracle lol. That's why I came to like the parody songs. Not only are they different but they're really funny. It's good to have a good laugh during this stressful time of year.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I LOVE every single Christmas song from Pentatonix.

They blow all others out of the water. They are amazing!

Last edited:
Back