• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
How do we use the broken RNG? i still don't get it :P

It helps to know which game you're trying to abuse on, as the method of verifying your target seed is different on each one. Which part of the process is giving you trouble?

The guides all look overwhelming at first, as it's not easy the first time [after all this is an aspect of the game that Nintendo and Game Freak never intended us to discover and try to exploit].

If you are trying to abuse for a shiny you will need to know your SID in addition to your Trainer ID. The easiest way to find this is to send a pokemon to Pokecheck [www.pokecheck.org].

I read the guides severl times over and over before I tried my first RNG, once you've done it a few times it starts to become like second nature. Also, try to learn one type of RNG on one game rather than try to laern everything at once. Focus on just capturing or just breeding. Once you get how to do one, then learn the other tricks.

Advice Needed:
Where is the best place to RNG some Ditto's??? I have a few with more than one perfect stat, but I would like a small collection of them with three or more perfects...

I DO have Emerald, but have not tried to RNG on it. I have HG/SS but have yet to RNG on those yet... And is it possible to RNG them in D/P using the Pokeradar?

I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Ringo, You can get some Ditto's in Giant Chasm.

First, find a spread for flawless synchable nature, encounter slot 3 or 6.
Then, remove the fog in the inner plains part (save game, change the month one forwards, encounter a Pokemon - you can KO it or just run - and the fog will be cleared).
Next, put your desired synchronizer as a lead, get Chatots, take a Magikarp or Caterpie or another weakling to switch on the first turn and a Pokemon which will help you get Ditto.
In the end, hit your seed, advance the frames and catch the Ditto :)

Emerald abuse is annoying and you have to wait ages to get a flawless ditto...
Radar abuse is very annoying... I tried that, I hated that XD
I caught several flawless Ditto in HG/SS, Timid and Modest are even Shiny :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I have barely touched Black and White. [My copy of Black I am on the fourth gym, and White I am on the second]... I really need the Dittos for my breeding projects in Diamond.

I'm guessing it's time to start to RNG in HG/SS. It was bound to happen soon anyway.

I do "eventually" want to learn RNG in Emerald because I would like to breed some of my favorites there and get some Gen III ribbons on them before migrating them... In particular I want to have a team earn the Mt. Battle ribbon in Colloseum. Learning to RNG in Emerald isn't something I planned to do "soon" was just toying with it for my Ditto needs since the easiest place in the game to run into them is in that cave, and the Frontier dude helps narrow down the IV's.

I also rarely RNG my Pokemons with more than three perfects. I think it makes each one more unique. So although a flawless Ditto in all stats would be ideal for my breeding needs... I'm really looking for like three or four of them with perfects in several stats and anything in the rest... and I don't worry about nature.

For someone who is already used to RNG abuse in Diamond: how different is HG/SS going to be?

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Oh, I thought you're abusing in BW, my bad XD

it's the same, tho you check the seed by calling Elm 10 times or if you have your roamers free, just check the map if their positions are correct.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My newest RNG:

004.png
302.png
004.png

Sableye ♀ Lv. 1
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Careful
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Trick, Recover, Foul Play, Taunt
Non-Redis

Got this in one try ^^ Woot. :D

And RingoH, sorry to tell you but the Snorlax doesn't quite count for the challenge as you had done it before.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
And RingoH, sorry to tell you but the Snorlax doesn't quite count for the challenge as you had done it before.

I can't tell if this was some good natured joking or if you missed part of what I wrote....

I have a different Poke I am planning to RNG tonight for entry into the challenge... I was only using the announcement of the latest challenge as an excuse to show him off.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I can't tell if this was some good natured joking or if you missed part of what I wrote....

I have a different Poke I am planning to RNG tonight for entry into the challenge... I was only using the announcement of the latest challenge as an excuse to show him off.

Sorry, misread completely... my fault. I am way tired lately :(

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Tired is easily understood.... I'm coming down with a case of that too

I have my next few RNGs planned... what do you guys think?

For Challenge: It's a surprise, I hope to get it asap! ;)
Then Adamant Scyther caught in Platinum, DW Corphish, and a Brave Totodile. All three of these are BP/CPs from my thread... I need other things to think of to RNG abuse :P

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Well, Mac, your post is inspiring and I think it's a good Idea for today's topic! the question is:

Do you guys plan your RNG abuses? Do you have a list or something or are they rather spontaneous?
We're really curious! Share your RNG habit with us! I'm going to post on topic too, but I'd like to read your experience first ;)

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
Challenge complete. This challenge was pretty unique and I enjoyed it...although I don't feel like Spring is coming where I live. It's been cold and snowing all day here. So I went with Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokémon, beings how he seems nice and warm under all that fur...unlike the weather here.

004.png
216.gif
004.png

Teddiursa
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Jolly | Quick Feet | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Close Combat | Crunch | Facade | Swords Dance​

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Challenge complete. This challenge was pretty unique and I enjoyed it...although I don't feel like Spring is coming where I live. It's been cold and snowing all day here. So I went with Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokémon, beings how he seems nice and warm under all that fur...unlike the weather here.

004.png
216.gif
004.png

Teddiursa
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black

Oh, poor you! I hope Teddiursa's fur will warm you up ;)
Congrats for being the fastest with this challenge! :)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

004.png
216.gif
004.png

Teddiursa
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black

Oi, I love Teddiursa! He's probably one of the picture perfect Pokemon for this challenge since he's a teddy bear. If he lived where I lived, he would have come out of his cave weeks ago... hell, he might have barely been in it. We hardly had three weeks of winter here this year. :3

For the topic -- I usually try to plan out my RNG abuses in my head, but every so often I'll read something about an awesome competitive Poke and I'm like OMG I most RNG that as soon as possible. That's where the Sableye with Prankster came in... I just had to have one, so I abused one myself.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I finished the challenge too~
I RNGed Poliwag as many types of frogs hibernate during winter to escape the cold and what not. I was going to do a Teddiursa but I thought I'd go for something a little different. I always loved digging up the frogs and tadpoles from underneath the mud when I was little in Spring. It was so fun. Also am I supposed to post my Pokémon in the format above? I'll just do it now just in case.

004.png
Spr_5b_060_s.png
004.png

Poliwag
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Bold | Swift Swim | 31 30 31 31 31 31
Water Sport

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
I did my challenge and I'm gonna write up why I did this guy!

060.png

Poliwag
Swift Swim|Modest|HP Grass
31|14|31|30|31|31
Water Sport|Encore
Hatched in Moor of Icirrus

So among the animals that hibernate are the amphibians, the frogs and newts and salamanders and all that. Most species just spend the winters on the bottom of ponds, partially burrowed in the mud, waiting for winter to be over. However, there is a species of frog that can survive the harsh winter colds, even when frozen solid! They store enough glucose in their organs to stop them from crystallizing, while the exterior part of their bodies freezes. This way they can stay alive even when completely frozen.

That's why I did poliwag, the little tadpole that will one day turn into a cute frog or a burly toad! I think mine is destined to become a cute froggy kinda poli. I love frogs <33

And for the topic, no, I don't plan out my RNGs, when a pokemon I like springs to mind I just get the urge to RNG it and then I do it.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I finished the challenge too~
I RNGed Poliwag as many types of frogs hibernate during winter to escape the cold and what not. I was going to do a Teddiursa but I thought I'd go for something a little different. I always loved digging up the frogs and tadpoles from underneath the mud when I was little in Spring. It was so fun. Also am I supposed to post my Pokémon in the format above? I'll just do it now just in case.

004.png
Spr_5b_060_s.png
004.png

Poliwag
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Bold | Swift Swim | 31 30 31 31 31 31
Water Sport

I did my challenge and I'm gonna write up why I did this guy!

060.png

Poliwag
Swift Swim|Modest|HP Grass
31|14|31|30|31|31
Water Sport|Encore
Hatched in Moor of Icirrus

So among the animals that hibernate are the amphibians, the frogs and newts and salamanders and all that. Most species just spend the winters on the bottom of ponds, partially burrowed in the mud, waiting for winter to be over. However, there is a species of frog that can survive the harsh winter colds, even when frozen solid! They store enough glucose in their organs to stop them from crystallizing, while the exterior part of their bodies freezes. This way they can stay alive even when completely frozen.

That's why I did poliwag, the little tadpole that will one day turn into a cute frog or a burly toad! I love frogs <33

And for the topic, no, I don't plan out my RNGs, when a pokemon I like springs to mind I just get the urge to RNG it and then I do it.

Haha, you two posted the same challenge entry almost at the same time! That's fine though, just rather funny how things work like that. Both are very nice RNG abuses, so keep up the great work. I didn't even know that frogs hibernated during winter... shows what I know about animals (absolutely nothing).

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
327.png
notshiny.png
#327 Spinda ♀ Lv.10
576.png

OT: Dylan ♂ | ID: 35637
Jolly - Contrary
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
17.png

Superpower - Uproar - Copycat - Tackle

SPRINGDA.

Last edited:

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years

Oh, poor you! I hope Teddiursa's fur will warm you up ;)
Congrats for being the fastest with this challenge! :)

Thank you. Unfortunately, the only reason I was able to get it done so quick is because I threw out my back yesterday and have been in bed almost the whole time since then. Gives me a perfect reason to play Pokémon and RNG though...so it's all good.

Oi, I love Teddiursa! He's probably one of the picture perfect Pokemon for this challenge since he's a teddy bear. If he lived where I lived, he would have come out of his cave weeks ago... hell, he might have barely been in it. We hardly had three weeks of winter here this year. :3

For the topic -- I usually try to plan out my RNG abuses in my head, but every so often I'll read something about an awesome competitive Poke and I'm like OMG I most RNG that as soon as possible. That's where the Sableye with Prankster came in... I just had to have one, so I abused one myself.

Man, I wish I lived where you live then. I'm not a big fan of the cold and snow at all. My first thought for this challenge was going to be Tympole, but when I looked outside and saw all the snow, I just thought of something warm and Teddiursa was perfect.

As far as today's topic goes, like Mac of York, I usually try and plan my abuses out, but most of the time I get totally sidetracked and usually RNG abuse something completely random. I have never battled competitively, but I read a lot of analysis on different competitive Pokémon and I get excited and RNG one of them instead...then of course never use them in a battle. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back