• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] KINGMARCH [M] [OOC]

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Years
I feel like a total mother hen, haha. I keep coming back every half-hour to check for new posts,
and lo and behold!

Guardian Flame - Unique Sword

I really like the sound of this sword, and at the same time quite mad that I never thought of such an armament before. I demand that you be overly attached to it, lest I steal the idea for myself somewhere down the line. Might be prudent to present such a powerful weapon with an accompanying lore, though. And maybe its history with your character? Just some thoughts to consider, heh.

other equipments

All of these sound A-OK to me. It's not like we're going to crunch down on the numerology aspect of this RP anyway, it just provides little tidbits for you to mention in battle sequences (oh this dude's summoning shiva glad i have my trusty arctic headband oh dang i woulda been dead if i didn't have my trusty arctic headband lucky me) so yeah!

active/MYSTIC LASH [C-] [Personal]

This to me is quite OP for its rank; notice how useful it is compared to the Samurai's C- ability, which grants a significant boon for a pretty big cost. I think the fact that this a) adds a whole new dimension in your character's battle style, especially since you described it not only as an offensive technique but a supportive one as well and b) seems to be a technique that can be used very regularly it warrants at least a [B-]. If you want to keep it at that rank, I recommend nerfing it considerably.

passive/DRAGONSPEED [A+] [Personal]

This, on the other hand, is to me clearly overranked. If it was just a huge speed boost I might understand the [A+], but at the cost of severely lowered defenses? If you split the rank difference between this skill and Mystic Lash I think we could be good to go lol

passive/GENTLE TOUCH [C-] [Personal]

Same issue as Mystic Lash, actually; I think a permanent 40% boost to effectiveness every time you use a healing spell (or yeah 20% sometimes) warrants more than a [C-] :( Some rebalancing is in order imo, but I'd be happy to hear the rationale behind this ranking

in general

I'm a fan of this idea; I think it's cool how you kinda reimagined the entire Battlemage class into a shield-toting all-purpose tank, and I'm excited to see how such a character might function in the RP. I do think the skills need quite a bit of rebalancing in terms of power; keep in mind that you'll earn more skill points down the line, meaning you can upgrade your existing skills to a more powerful version should you choose to do so. So you don't necessarily have to be an impenetrable fortress rapidfiring Waterja swords and flaming whips and curing the entire batallion right out the gate, haha.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I really like the sound of this sword, and at the same time quite mad that I never thought of such an armament before. I demand that you be overly attached to it, lest I steal the idea for myself somewhere down the line. Might be prudent to present such a powerful weapon with an accompanying lore, though. And maybe its history with your character? Just some thoughts to consider, heh.

---

All of these sound A-OK to me. It's not like we're going to crunch down on the numerology aspect of this RP anyway, it just provides little tidbits for you to mention in battle sequences (oh this dude's summoning shiva glad i have my trusty arctic headband oh dang i woulda been dead if i didn't have my trusty arctic headband lucky me) so yeah!

Awesome lol. Don't worry, I already have some lore and character history planned for the sword. Just didn't know if "oh shit variable unique weapon!!!1!!" was a good starting piece of equipment lmao.

This to me is quite OP for its rank; notice how useful it is compared to the Samurai's C- ability, which grants a significant boon for a pretty big cost. I think the fact that this a) adds a whole new dimension in your character's battle style, especially since you described it not only as an offensive technique but a supportive one as well and b) seems to be a technique that can be used very regularly it warrants at least a [B-]. If you want to keep it at that rank, I recommend nerfing it considerably.

Ah, okey dokey. I suppose my rationale for its rank was that all it really seemed to be was a shape variation on the blades, essentially, but that makes sense.

This, on the other hand, is to me clearly overranked. If it was just a huge speed boost I might understand the [A+], but at the cost of severely lowered defenses? If you split the rank difference between this skill and Mystic Lash I think we could be good to go lol

Haha sounds perfect. I was thinking it might have been, since it was "let's make this tanky class really fast as well," which is also why I threw in the lowered defenses, which I guess was the relevant trade-off there.

So splitting the difference between this and Mystic Lash as far as rank is a quick fix.

Same issue as Mystic Lash, actually; I think a permanent 40% boost to effectiveness every time you use a healing spell (or yeah 20% sometimes) warrants more than a [C-] :( Some rebalancing is in order imo, but I'd be happy to hear the rationale behind this ranking

Ah, yeah same deal with the equipment, basically; I just used some numbers that seemed to fit. I was also exclusively thinking of it being used with Healing Hand (being the only healing ability available to these two classes, afaik), so I was thinking of it as a moderate boost on a weak healing spell, and requiring physical contact was why I thought of having it more effective on allies.

I can totally keep that premise and just rebalance it, though. Perhaps just cut it in half to 10% and 20% bonuses, respectively? Then upgrade it later while also coming up with upgraded healing spells, perhaps.

I'm a fan of this idea; I think it's cool how you kinda reimagined the entire Battlemage class into a shield-toting all-purpose tank, and I'm excited to see how such a character might function in the RP. I do think the skills need quite a bit of rebalancing in terms of power; keep in mind that you'll earn more skill points down the line, meaning you can upgrade your existing skills to a more powerful version should you choose to do so.

Awesome, no problem then! And it was fun to work on that way. At first I was thinking "shit, so I just took a class whose main stat weakness seemed to be speed, and fixed that, and then added defenses on top of it?" and was pondering how OP it sounded, but it seems to have resulted in a relatively balanced concept, considering all of the trade-offs within the abilities and how they interact. If nothing else, it seems like it will be fun to play.

And now that I can pull up the relevant info on Bangaa/Ivalice I was lacking before, hopefully I can power through the rest of my SU later tonight.

Years
Only a few days late but all the stronger for it! Ladies and gents allow me to introduce you to:

Name: Gelazela "Gel" Khamzour

Race: Bangaa

daily_doodle_hoard__bangaa_master_monk_by_countdraggula-d962375.png

Spoiler:

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

History:
Spoiler:

Classes: Solar Monk (primary class), Silencer (secondary class)

Equipment:
Spoiler:

Skills:
Spoiler:

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Reason for Edit: Finalizing the bangaa

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
okay cool, I've made some good progress on my SU so it should be done soon

been trying to draw my character but I'm not an artist??? so idk man, idk

also when I wrote the history that shit got DARK man, I guess that's where I'm at rn so lol be prepared for it

all I have to do now is write out the personality (it's in bullet format rn) and appearance (aka put into written form what I've attempted to draw) so those should be quick, and then I'll have to come up with a RP Sample

I'll probably post what I have in a few hours, unless I get stumped again

Parivir

Years
Gel is definitely not an archetype of characters we see often in the RPT, and from a character and roleplay sample standpoint she would be accepted with flying colors. I do, however, have some grievances to air regarding her equipment and skills:

NeaMhD8.png
An essential item for any noble traveller, the Gaudy Cape and Cowl is as austentatious as it is practical. It is made from the fur of the softest and plumpest dreamhares of royal menageries. In order to prevent assassinations of nobles in their own homes and on the road the Gaudy Cape and Cowl has been enchanted to prevent projectiles from dealing any damage to the wearer. The Gaudy Cape and Cowl is also infamous for how flammable it is, increasing the user's vulnerability to fire-based attacks. It is also very warm. [Grants immunity to projectiles, reduces ice damage received by 10%, increases fire damage received by 30%]

P9ojMFX.png
A mysterious relic of a great Silencer, the Golden Bangaa's Jacket is not-as the name may imply-golden. Its original wearer has been turned to gold and its origin is unknown, for it is unlike any other Silencer's gear. In addition to the normal benefits of a Silencer's gear it grants a feeling of weightlessness allowing the wearer to move quickly on their feet. [One-of-a-kind, enables Silencer abilities, greatly increases speed, increases jump]

I'm not sure how I feel about the double armor, tbh. I think I'd allow it in your specific instance because of the necessity of the Silencer gear, but I feel like if you're gonna have two armors then they shouldn't really be quite so powerful. Immunity to projectiles is one heck of a boon, and while that's somewhat balanced out by the fire weakness, the fact that she also receives a huge speed increase from her other gear kind of sets some OP alarm bells ringing in my head. I'd recommend one of two options: either nerf one or both of these gears, or invest in a personal skill that allows Gel to equip two gears at once (may I recommend an A- rating?); if you're opposed to both these ideas we can talk about it further through VM/PM.

I find this section of your SU quite confusing, and the cause is rather obvious: I don't know which skill came from which class, haha. I recommend you to label these skills according to the class they pertain to; aeternum's SU is a good reference for this since everyone else tackled this differentiation by putting the skills under different headings. Also, you have two personal demon factor skills (Greed Projection and Barreling Leap) which is an issue because of obvious reasons lol. Please pick one and remember that it has to pertain to your primary class i.e. Solar Monk.

For now, Gelazela is provisionally accepted. Which is to say: your spot is secured, but please make these changes happen (or discuss them with me) before the RP begins, heh.

EDIT: Gelazela is now fully accepted. Welcome to the RP!

Haha we're not really in any rush to begin (nor are the spots exactly disappearing like hotcakes) so I think you don't have to wring your hands over it so much. Also, you're not alone in the dark history department (hello, aeternum). It's a shame about the drawing, but I look forward to your SU, as always.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Kosmas
Bangaa (Ruga/Bista mix)
25 years of age

Battlemage [Primary] - Devout [Secondary]

Appearance

Kosmas is a 6'3" (190.5cm) Bangaa male with a relatively slim, but still largely muscular, frame that lands him at a solid 230 pounds (104.33kg). His scales are an ashen copper hue that give his appearance a sort of muted vibrancy, much to the complement of his personality. His stature and reserved demeanor make him an imposing force by Hume standards, though less so among other Bangaa. His eyes are a brilliant golden amber, and his short snout ends in a soft roundness, unlike some of his more pointed brethren. His ears flop down to a medium length in comparison to many Bangaa, with the first section of his right ear possessing Theiótita, his blessed earring, which resembles a white phoenix feather bursting forth from an ivory ring.

Kosmas's body is riddled with scars from years of abuse, particularly on his back and chest. He has many smaller ones on his arms and legs, but none on his face. His tormentors made sure to not damage the valuable portions of the merchandise. Most of his scars are kept covered up by cloth shirts that he wears, though they often don't have sleeves past his shoulders. As an added layer of protection, he wears Elaphrótēs, the runed cloak woven for him by his Hume mother, which drapes over his body from his shoulders to a bit above his ankles, with a hood to pull over his head and a clasp at his chest to hold the garment closed. Its color is a pure white, untarnished by stains or tearing thanks to the enchantments on it. Like his shirts, it also lacks longer sleeves, so his biceps are often exposed between his short sleeves and the gauntlets he wears on both forearms. His lower body is usually covered by cloth pants, which disappear into Kataigídes, his azure armored boots that are enchanted with an affinity for water. Finally, his sword, Alḗtheia, is bound in its sheathe by his side, strapped to his belt.​

Personality

Kosmas is the type of young adult whose angsty teenage phase never really passed, though for good reason. Constant childhood trauma led him to develop a relatively reserved outward demeanor, and years of attempting to quiet this trauma has lent him an inward calm that he tries to present as often as possible, though it is, at its core, a very fragile peace. While he tries to be as polite and amicable as he can be, he possesses a natural vitriol that can be rather easily triggered, transforming his lax persona into a caustic, sardonic spite in the blink of an eye. He is, simply put, wildly temperamental.

However, his fears and insecurities don't always manifest so violently. While they sit latent beneath the surface, he carries a somewhat noticeable anxiousness. When he quietly meditates and keeps to himself, this energy might reveal itself in a rhythmic tap of a finger, or shaking of a knee. Any number of small, often imperceptible quirks may betray his inner turmoil. His thoughts are constantly on the future, and on the past, and he has learned to expect the worst of everything. He has come to fear it as a consistent fact of life.

Due to this, he has deeply mixed interactions and feelings with most everyone. His distrust of others and fear of rejection and negativity promotes a certain distance in his relationships, but his fear of loneliness and need to be accepted can cause him to attach to certain people rapidly. It leads to an odd balance of him being the first to join the pack, but also be the one to tread on the edge of it for the longest. He's also particularly distrustful of Nu Mou, occasionally to the point of pure prejudicial tendencies.

He hasn't grown close to anyone since the loss of his adoptive family and his love, but when he does, he becomes an extremely loyal and protective person. He holds on perhaps a bit too tightly, fearing to lose it all again. When he can dispel his anxiety and rage, he's a wonderfully lighthearted and loving individual, but he's found difficulty expressing that in recent years. He's most at home in the comforts of nature, where he would often go to escape when he was younger, and to build himself up as he grew older, and this is where he's most likely to be able to express his normal self.

As far as intelligence, he's dealt with many heinous and manipulative individuals in his lifetime, and he grew up slaving away and fighting to stay afloat both physically and mentally, so he's developed a talent for reading individuals, particularly when it comes to seeing through lies or sensing malicious intent. While he may come off as sheltered or uninformed on many academic subjects, his survival skills and streetwise intellect have been honed into incredible tools, which make him an asset both in the seediest of locales and in the midst of battle.

Overall, he's a complicated individual, as are most people. He'll typically seem calm and reserved at first glance, but he doesn't shy away from scathing comments and observations when he's provoked, and sometimes even when he's not. He's intelligent and thoughtful, occasionally to the murky pools of cynicism, but at his core he's a kind man who simply has a host of demons to overcome.​

History

Kosmas was born to an uncharacteristically large Bangaa family as the third youngest child out of six. In a small dwelling containing a household of nine, including his father's brother, this left him being relatively unnoticed in a markedly chaotic childhood upbringing. While this forced him to become heavily socialized, it also led him to feeling invisible and unimportant within his social confines. While his family cared for him deeply and all of his siblings watched out for one another, they were all outcast from a society that snidely referred to them as "lizards," they constantly had to struggle to make ends meet and keep their lives livable, and Kosmas learned to hold onto a sense of loneliness while within the whole.

To make matters worse for the child, he would not know his family for long. Soon after the passing of his sixth year, he was met with the first major tragedy of his life. While traveling through foreign lands as a family, Kosmas was briefly separated from his kin within the din of a crowded bazaar, and this short severance was all it took for him to encounter a decidedly disturbing Nu Mou man. The man was well versed in some sort of manipulative magic, for it took nothing more than a sentence from him to enthrall the young Bangaa's mind and lead him away without so much as a simple protest or conscious realization of what was happening. The man kidnapped him, and by the time Kosmas had regained lucid control of his mental fortitude, he found himself in a distant, unfamiliar land with no sign of his family or any friendly soul, and no idea of how much time that had passed since his disappearance. But what truly broke the youth was the fact that, despite having resumed control of his thoughts and actions, the magic had left a trace of amnesia in his developing psyche. He recalled his family, that they existed and that he'd lived a tough yet not altogether unhappy life with them, but he could not call upon the memory of their faces, their names, or where, exactly, he'd come from. From that point on, Kosmas essentially became an orphan, with no way to reach his family or free himself from his current plight.

The man kept him for seven years, reducing the boy to little more than a slave, housekeeper, puppet, and victim to numerous heinous and unsavory acts for which the pleasure was often shared to the highest bidder. He became broken, beaten, and bereft as his innocent spirit was shattered and his mind twisted by the dark depravities of the world. By the time he was thirteen, all resistance in him was gone. Physically he was strong from all of the back breaking work he'd performed, durable from all of the abuse he'd suffered, and agile from all of the punishment and shady dealings he'd fled from, but the less apparent mental scars had taken their toll on him, and his will to live and fight for his survival was practically nonexistent. Thanks to the magic that had assailed his young mind, he could barely rely on the flickers and shadows of memory from his old life to keep him going.

But on a day where he'd seemed more lost than ever before, a day which had stripped the last from him and from which there seemed to be no coming back from, a light came to save him while he lay in his shame, wanting for death. He'd seen that deep shade of crimson many times, usually from his own body, but on this day it was a hue of such beauty that nothing in his world could compare to it. The man, a random face whose purse had greased the palm of Kosmas's captor, found swift retribution at the end of the light's blade, the light that had discovered them in such a compromising and repulsive manner, and it was from this man that that beautiful crimson was borne. The light was a woman, quick in her fury, but unwavering in her compassion. Gently, she clothed Kosmas's scarred body before rapidly and carefully whisking him away from that horrible place. She took him far away, once more, but now to a much kinder place. He never again saw the man that had so viciously manipulated him for all those years.

He'd never known or expected such empathy from a Hume. The woman that had rescued him took him in, welcoming him into her home alongside her own son. It took a long time for his mind to heal and his body to convalesce, but, for the most part, they did. There were deep scars of all kinds that would never leave him, but at least he'd be able to leave them in a place that could no longer harm him.

The woman, Ennoria, cared for him for the next eight years, during which time she taught him many things about the world, as well as how to defend himself. Not unlike the man she'd freed him from, she was highly skilled in the arts of magic. At first, he was severely distrustful of it, having known only the darker sides to it all, but she opened his eyes and expanded his view, showing him the good that such things had to offer. She instructed him in the ways of Elemancy, as well as introduced him to masters in the art of holy magic. He sparred with her, as well as his adopted brother, Daylen, as they revealed to him his own potential and helped his body and skills grow to the size of his mind. At their behest, he sought out other teachers as well, eventually learning the arts of the Battlemage and the Devout.

Ennoria also outfitted him with objects of love and protection. She wove for him an ivory colored cloak inlaid with magical runes, which could ward of hostile spells and gift him with an increased litheness. When he was seventeen, she presented him with a weapon of his own: Alḗtheia. She told him of its history, as a blade of long forgotten legend and renown. For generations it had been kept in her family, and she saw fit to grant it to him, both for his protection and as a symbol of his role in his newfound family. It was after a particularly severe episode of anxiety, one of the many scars left to him by his previous endeavors, that she showed him the sword. She told him that the blade's greatest power lay not in its ability to cut, but in its power to defend. It was uniquely enchanted to resonate with its wielder, bolstering its own abilities with its masters thoughts and emotions, and in times of distress, it could generate powerful barriers to keep its partner safe. It was for this reason that the blade had come to be known as the "Guardian Flame," and now it was his to bear.

With all its comforts and the support it offered, Kosmas's new home provided him with ample opportunity to explore himself and who he could be as a person. With his lack of memory from his youth, he recalled only his first name. He never took on the name of his new family, for, as Ennoria put it, "what's in a name save for who we think we are and how the world sees us? It's up to us to determine that, and so it is up to you to find your own name." He took this to heart, and so resigned himself to discovering what his own name should be. One of the first, and perhaps most difficult, things that he needed to learn about himself also happened to be the source of his greatest shame. He was afraid that the years of torture and mistreatment had twisted him into an abomination, that what he was experiencing was not himself or how he should be as an individual. Despite this, he found only reassurance from his Hume mother and brother, and eventually came to know one of his greatest friends.

Baeltrest was a Hume boy from the nearby village, and Kosmas's elder by a year. The two became fast friends when Kosmas was sixteen years of age, but it wasn't for another two years that they'd both realize the extent to which their affection reached. The other Humes in Baeltrest's village never quite approved of their friendship in the first place, so Kosmas was terrified of the thought of them finding out about the intricate evolution of their relationship. Baeltrest didn't share this fear, having known only acceptance in all walks of life as a Hume central to Ivalice's culture, but he respected and cared for Kosmas enough to keep the details of their bond secret. They shared in this clandestine romance for three years, with only Ennoria and Daylen being privy to the truth behind it for all this time. Unfortunately, all secrets have a habit of coming forward eventually, especially in a village as small and close-knit as Baeltrest's.

Perfectly aligned to Kosmas's fears, other local men came to confront the two once they'd been found out. Of course, their target was the "lizard" that they so despised, having no intentions of harming or implicating Baeltrest, but Baeltrest would not stand by and let Kosmas suffer for this.

Oh, how Kosmas wished he had.

The initial confrontation soon devolved into a violent altercation. Baeltrest stood by Kosmas, fighting to protect him, but this, ultimately, led to his demise. A stray blow caught Baeltrest in the head, snapping his neck. The fight stopped for an endless moment as everyone came to terms with what had happened. Kosmas himself instantly shattered, his mind frozen by shock as old scars suddenly burst open, filling his head with fear and panic that overwhelmed him, drowning his anger and leaving him temporarily immobilized. Once the men turned on him again, however, he managed to regain control and flee, forced to leave Baeltrest's body in the mud. News quickly traveled back to the village, and immediately all blame was cast on Kosmas. A mob formed, storming Ennoria's farm and sparking the fight into a war.

They demanded that Ennoria give them Kosmas for him to be punished, and if she complied they would leave her and her son be. She, of course, did not hesitate to retaliate. She had two sons, and she would not allow either of them to be harmed. They burned her farm to the ground and stormed her home. She, Kosmas and Daylen beat them back for as long as they could, but they were sorely outnumbered. There was no way for them to win, and it was impossible for them all to flee. That was when Ennoria told Kosmas to leave them. He was baffled, still grief-stricken and in shock. He refused, but Ennoria would not back down. She ordered Daylen to smuggle Kosmas out the back, to which he easily agreed, dragging his Bangaa brother away from the fray. He threw Kosmas into the woods beyond their home as a spear pierced his leg. Kosmas tried to stay and protect his brother, but Daylen would not permit that. He fended off his attackers as Kosmas ran, and ran, far and fast until he was out of breath and unable to carry on.

Looking back to the horizon he'd left behind, he was certain he'd just lost another family. Everything had been going so well, but it all soured in the blink of an eye. Baeltrest had been killed in front of him because he'd tried to protect him, and he'd been blamed for it, and now Ennoria and Daylen had likely met the same end. These people who had taken him in had paid for it.

He was now twenty-one, and he had nowhere and no one to go to, so he wandered, Alḗtheia in hand and his cloak, Elaphrótēs, wrapped around him. It wasn't long before he heard news of "Project Bel." It did not seem like the prime path for him, but he'd lost everything else and had no other roads to follow, so he gave himself over to it. If nothing else, he was a fighter to his core, and he'd survived countless horrors and tragedies. Project Bel did not frighten him. By now, its brutalities were child's play to Kosmas. And at the end of it all, he'd prove himself a warrior yet.​

Equipment

Alḗtheia: Guardian Flame [Unique Sword]
Emotional Resonance - An ancient blade of whispered legend, long forgotten and left a shadow of its former glory. Its power is amplified by its wielder's emotional and mental state, giving it various abilities depending on the situation. It's also said to transform to match its wielder, but only once arm and blade are one and the same. How one achieves this is yet unknown. In its current state, it deals Fire damage with each blow. The power of these flames is tempered by the wielder's excitement—most often, their rage. It also has a unique ability in that it generates a shield when parrying, though the power of this shield is determined by the wielder's desperation, particularly their fear. Kosmas was given this blade by his Hume mother to protect him.​
Elaphrótēs [Unique Cloak]
Levity's Embrace - A cloak sewn by Kosmas's Hume mother, inlaid with mystical runes that ward off the effects of magic and provide the wearer with a feeling of litheness. Provides moderate boosts to Resistance and Speed.​
Kataigídes [Boots]
Divine Torrent - Armored boots enchanted to protect the wearer against the perils of water, while also increasing their damage with water-based attacks. Increases Water Resistance by twenty percent and Water-based damage by ten percent.​
Theiótita [Accessory: Earring]
Blessed Light - An ornate earring that increases the wearer's resistance to dark magic and Necromancy. Increases Doomcast Resistance by ten percent and increases resistance to all attacks from Undead sources by twenty percent.​

Skills

A. Battlemage

active/MAGIC BLADES [A-] [Class]
Seasoned Battlemages are capable of shaping their magical energy into blades, with which they can engage in combat. The shape and properties of these blades depends largely on the type of magic used: shaping Fire magic into a magic blade would create fire-elemental swords, and so on. These blades can gripped and swung much like one would use a conventional sword, or can be left levitating in midair and be commanded to autonomously attack through the Battlemage's magic power. Battlemages can control up to six magic blades in this manner at a time (except while Bladestorm is active, in which case the limit is essentially lifted), significantly increasing their offensive presence.

active/DEFENSIVE STANCE [Personal]
A variation on the Magic Blades technique that conjures shields, increasing Kosmas's defensive capabilities, with different boons depending on the element used to craft the shields. It can be used in conjunction with Magic Blades for a balanced sword and shield stance, or the blades can be forsaken entirely for a purely defensive paradigm. When focusing more on defense, floating shields may be created to block attacks from multiple directions, or to protect allies. Additionally, the more focus that's placed on defense, the greater the cut to Kosmas's speed. This skill may also be used during Bladestorm to transform it into Sentinel's Flight.

active/MYSTIC LASH [B-] [Personal]
Another variation on the Magic Blades technique, allowing for the construction of magical whips and chains for lashing and restraining enemies. Can be used in conjunction with blades, which allows for punishing combos, particularly during Bladestorm.

passive/AURAL REINFORCEMENT [C+] [Class]
The mere presence of a Battlemage can affect allies' weapons in a positive manner: the aura emitted by their magical blades also imbues allies' weapons with magical energy, increasing their damage output by 15%. This affects the weapons of all allies within a two-meter radius of the Battlemage.

passive/DRAGONSPEED [B+] [Personal]
Years of intense conditioning and focus on agility over durability have given Kosmas an unmatched boost in speed among Battlemages, at the cost of severely lowered physical defenses. They can't hurt you if they can't touch you.

demonfactor/BLADESTORM [EX+] [Class]
Bladestorm is a technique that taps into the Battlemage's deepest magical reserves so that they might create blades in tremendous numbers (50-100). These blades are then rained down upon the opposition, dealing massive amounts of damage, especially when fighting against many opponents. Due to the sheer amount of magical energy required to use this technique, it can only be used once per day.

demonfactor/SENTINEL'S FLIGHT [EX+] [Personal]
A variation on Bladestorm, accessible by using Defensive Stance during the aforementioned demon factor. Sentinel's Flight summons an impenetrable array of shields that can fend off practically any assault. The shield array may be maintained for a maximum of five minutes, depending on how far into Bladestorm that Defensive Stance is activated.

B. Devout

active/HEALING HAND [C+] [Class]
Although Devouts are almost exclusively an offensive class, they do have some form of healing magic: the hand protruding out from under their hats actually has curative properties. When activated, the hand will restore a moderate amount of HP to the Devout.

active/WATERJA [A+] [Personal]
Adds Waterja, a Rank A+ Secondary Elecast spell, to Kosmas's magical repertoire.

passive/RIGHTEOUS FORCE [A-] [Class]
Devouts are blessed warriors of the Light of Kiltia, and thus receive their blessings when they strike into combat. The most evident of Kiltia's blessings increases the power of the Devout's holy-elemental spells by 40%, and enhances their effectiveness against undead forces by 100%.

passive/GENTLE TOUCH [C-] [Personal]
Kosmas's focus on balance has given him an increased efficacy in healing skills. The potency of his healing skills are increased by ten percent, and he's able to channel them to heal others, with an additional ten percent increase in effect when used on others.

demonfactor/CALL AVATAR [EX+] [Class]
Call Avatar is a skill normally reserved for the highest-ranking members of the Light of Kiltia. When activated, the skill randomly summons forth one of the nine Holy Avatars of the Light of Kiltia pantheon. Although the Avatar called is on paper random, the technique has a conspicuous tendency to summon what Avatar would best suit the caster's current needs. Call Avatar places only half the toll on the caster's magical reserves compared to a normal summon by the Pilgrim, and may be used up to 10 times a day.​

C. Spell Repertoire

Primary Elecast
Low-Tier [Battlemage/Devout, innate]
  • Fire (inflicts Fire-elemental damage) [C-]
  • Thunder (inflicts Lightning-elemental damage) [C-]
  • Blizzard (inflicts Ice-elemental damage) [C-]
Secondary Elecast
Low-Tier [Battlemage/Devout, innate]
  • Aero (inflicts Wind-elemental damage) [C]
  • Water (inflicts Water-elemental damage) [C]
  • Holy (inflicts Holy-elemental damage) [C]
Mid-Tier [Devout, innate]
  • Aera (inflicts moderately powerful Wind-elemental damage) [B-]
  • Watera (inflicts moderately powerful Water-elemental damage) [B-]
  • Holyra (inflicts moderately powerful Holy-elemental damage) [B-]
High-Tier [Devout, innate]
  • Aeroga (inflicts powerful Wind-elemental damage) [B+]
  • Waterga (inflicts powerful Water-elemental damage) [B+]
  • Holyga (inflicts powerful Holy-elemental damage) [B+]
Top-Tier [Devout, skill-based]
  • Waterja (inflicts extremely powerful Water-elemental damage) [A+]

Roleplay Sample

Since I lost what I had and have no recent rp samples, here's a short story I wrote as a class assignment recently.

Spoiler: Everlast: The Binds that Scar
"I have to find something, Vance. That's all that matters."

The young, auburn-haired girl stared out over the valley before her, addressing the man behind her as she took in the landscape. Her home was a beautiful, ancient place, thriving in its isolation despite the narrowing of the horizon that accompanied such loneliness.

Before her, rolling hills of jade grass and innumerable species of tree flowed ever onward, until they melted like a vast verdelite sea beneath the distant, blazing sun. To the east, titans of stone jutted magnificently towards that same sun, reaching ever higher as they grasped at the heavens, leaving the earth beneath them covered in their graceful shadows. Behind her, a small village sat secluded, protected by this valley and hidden among its wonders. She had never greeted those stone giants, nor had she ever been allowed to grasp at the sun.

She knew that a vast world lay beyond it all, filled with magicks and oddities beyond her imagining.

But life beyond the vanishing point of her curious amber eyes was not what interested her today. She sought something much closer to home, yet just as far out of reach as the four corners of Atlantis. She sought to know her mother. A woman who, to her knowledge, had lain long beneath the soil, having left this world as quickly as the girl had entered it.

Her fathers never spoke of her mother much, and the village Elders didn't seem it necessary knowledge to impart onto her. So, naturally, it had come to a point where she'd enlisted her best friend to aid her on a potentially perilous, entirely unsanctioned quest for knowledge.

That was where any proper tragedy began, after all.

"Is it, though?" Vance countered, attempting to pull her back to reality. "Alma—"

"I know that we may find nothing, that we could be putting ourselves at risk for a fruitless journey that we were repeatedly forbidden to go on in the first place. I know that our destination is sacred ground, and I know that sacred is a miniscule step up from cursed. I know all of this, and I don't care, because not one thread of it matters, not when it comes to the answers I'm seeking."

Alma glanced back at Vance, who bore an expression of slightly raised eyebrows and passive emotion. She was not a short girl, but Vance still managed to tower over her, and his muscular structure made him twice as wide as well. He didn't say much, but he never needed to with her. She'd learned how to get all the information she needed from one glance at his looks.

This one told her that she was being a naïve idiot, but that he supported her completely, even if somewhat reluctantly. Would she find her answers? Honestly, even she doubted she would, but it would be impossible to know without ever trying. So that was exactly what she was going to do.

She pulled her runed cloak tight around her shoulders and began descending the hill she stood atop. The wilds could be a dangerous place, but she was confident their magicks would keep them safe. She could touch the spirit of every beast, flower and brook in these forests, and Vance could produce the inferno necessary to keep the wilder ones at bay.

Midday was just now passing, with Sol's molten rays pouring down from above, washing over the terrain and threatening to drown the unwary in heat. The trek promised to be a long one.

Vance produced a grunt that was almost sarcastic in tone, but Alma paid little attention to it. On days like these, it was not a difficult task to get lost in one's own thoughts.

All her life, Alma had lived in the small village that she was now leaving behind. She had never seen the silver forests or great seas of Atlantis. She had never been to its capital, the city where magicks and science melted into one, a true marvel of her comparatively primitive world.

And the lands beyond Atlantis? She knew of no one that had ventured there. Most saw no need to, as the island country was bountiful in its gifts and sat upon the greatest magical energies in the world. It knew no equal.

Certainly she was curious about such things, the worlds beyond her own, but her current struggle always outweighed that curiosity in her mind. She knew her mother had been a talented sorceress. She knew that she died shortly after Alma was born, though not how or why. She knew that she apparently took after her mother, or at least she'd been told as much. And she knew that the forest temple at the heart of the valley could provide answers, somehow.

"What do you think is in the temple, anyways?" she wondered aloud, glancing back at Vance. He briefly made eye contact with her before she faced forward again. "Yeah, neither do I. Great help the Elders have been with that. 'The temple is sacred. Cherish it. Never disturb it.' Sounds great and all, but a little elaboration here and there might not hurt their case, you know?

"Like, is it sacred because it's some font of magicks? Does it provide some sort of energy to the valley? Do the spirits of the forest or the dead gather there? Is it home to a clan of mystical cats that lounge around all day and glare at passersby? As always, Alma asking the real questions around here."

She could feel Vance rolling his eyes. A smirk found its way onto her face.

"Seriously, though, what is the purpose of the temple. Who built it and why? I know the Elders go there for answers, but where do those answers come from? Is it a spiritual, meditative thing, or is there something greater living there? Even you have to admit to being a bit curious, Vance."

He just narrowed his eyes at her. She didn't seem to notice.

She went on like that for some time, filling the gentle noise of the forest with her own curiosities and wonderments. Vance didn't need to respond, but even if he had, a part of Alma hoped that the forest would hear her queries too, and maybe it would be kind enough to answer a few of them, or at least the one that she wanted to hear about most of all.

Alma leapt over a narrow span of water, looking ahead to see that the trees gave way to a stunning vista, and an astounding drop as the soothing babble of a crystal brook evolved into the thunderous roar of a dozen waterfalls.

"The crater," she murmured, picking up her pace. She reached the cliff and took in the view. It was an enormous canyon, surrounded by trees and water that poured down from all sides, as far as the eye could see, pooling into a huge basin that surrounded the nearly imperceptible gray of a stone building sitting atop a small island in the center.

For a moment, she was speechless. Her silence was soon broken by a holler of excitement that resounded around the rocks in the purest of echoes, until it was consumed by the scream of water all around her.

"But how do we—"

She was cut short by Vance's hand suddenly covering her mouth, with the other arm pulling her back. Confusion gave way to shock as he motioned with his head to an area at their right. Alma hadn't noticed the creatures she'd nearly collided with when she burst out of the forest. They were maybe a dozen meters away, but their attention was fully on her. Whatever peaceful moment they had been enjoying was finished.

"Dingonek," Vance whispered, staring the creatures down.

There were three of them gathered around a stream. The one nearest the trespassing teens flicked its tail, the dart-like bone at the tip twitching in agitation. Alma's eyes followed that tail, fully aware of the poison that it secreted. Even if it failed to hit its mark, the horn on its head and its two sharp tusks could shred prey with ease.

Vance took a step backwards, pulling Alma with him. They needed to get out of there, but the movement set off the Dingonek. The one at the front of the pack charged forward and lunged at the pair. Vance pulled Alma to the ground, rolling under the beast's arc, narrowly avoiding it as it crashed into the rocks behind them, shattering a boulder and twisting back around to face the humans without missing a beat. The other two were on them before they had managed to get to their feet.

Vance threw Alma to the side as a claw raked the space where they had just been. She slammed her hand into a crevice as she nearly rolled off the cliff's edge, swinging back up onto her feet. Vance rolled into a combat stance, brandishing a weapon not unlike a morning star. Alma reached frantically into her cloak, grasping one end of her staff and bringing it up just in time to deflect a blow from one of the Dingonek tusks.

Vance swung at the first of the Dingonek, his weapon alive with mystic fire, but the third beast stabbed at him with its horn, grazing his arm and driving him off balance as he attempted to avoid the brunt of the blow.

This wasn't going to work, and there was no way they could outrun the monsters. So that left one option. Vance yelled to Alma as he leapt towards her, sending them both tumbling over the cliff. He held onto her with one arm and drove his mace into the rockface with the other, hoping the enchanted metal would be durable enough to stop their fall.

It wasn't.

The head of the weapon snapped, but it managed to slow their descent enough to lessen their impact on the waters below. They plunged in with a painful splash, Vance taking the majority of the blow, knocking him unconscious.

Alma felt the air knocked from her lungs. She managed to keep to the surface of the lake, spluttering and gasping for air. Everything moved with an unnatural haste, but in the confusion she caught a glimpse of Vance's figure. She swam for him, leveraging herself under his shoulder and dragging him to shore.

He was breathing. Unconscious, but breathing. His weapon had snapped, they were soaked, battered, and stuck down here without a clear path back to the top of the crater. But at least they were on the temple island. Surely they were ready to face whatever awaited them within the ancient structure. What could go wrong now?

Vance struggled to sit up as he regained consciousness. "Well that was great," he muttered.

"But I'm sure we saved the best for last." Alma looked towards the entrance of the temple. "A quick rest, and then we'll head in."

"Sounds like a plan," Vance said as he fell back to the ground.

As the sun continued to trace its path in the sky, the two allowed themselves to dry off and regain their strength before finally delving into the temple proper.

Alma still didn't know what, exactly, she was looking for.

The temple appeared small from the outside. The visible structure was a simple stone square, lined with ornate columns and covered in plant life.

The door was an open passageway, lined by rows of columns that led to a staircase which descended into the earth. The interior of the temple was underground, potentially even underwater. It appeared small from the outside, but the exterior was a façade that hid the truth beneath the soil.

How fitting.

As they travelled into the ground, sunlight turned to a stunning bioluminescent moss that covered the walls and ceiling. They walked deep into the earth until the stairway opened up to a massive cavern, at the center of which appeared to be a large altar.

Alma used her magicks to identify the spirits of any creatures in the cavern, but sensed nothing beyond plant life. She hoped that meant they'd be free to explore the temple to their hearts' content. She might have been a tad too optimistic.

Once she approached the altar, she noticed an unfamiliar presence. There was someone else here, but she couldn't pinpoint where. Why hadn't she sensed their energy a moment ago?

"You do not belong here."

The voice echoed through the chamber, its source impossible to distinguish. It was distinctly female, and none too pleased with the intrusion on the temple.

The statement caught Alma mid-stride, and before she was able to stop herself, a figure suddenly materialized on the opposite side of the altar.

"Such a transgression cannot go unpunished."

Instantly there was a spear being thrust towards her face. She sidestepped before it could hit her, but the distraction it provided allowed the figure to close the brief distance between them. Alma pulled out her staff and slammed it against the woman, who deflected it with one wrist and brought the other fist into Alma's sternum, knocking the wind out of her as she stumbled back.
Vance rushed in, weaponless, and attempted to take the woman on in hand-to-hand combat, but it was immediately obvious that she had the upper hand in skill and experience. She caught Vance's fist and drove her knee into his stomach, followed by a quick jab to the back of his head. In one short moment she had easily incapacitated a man twice her size.

"Guess it's just between us girls, then," Alma spat as she regained her composure.

"It won't be for long."

Alma spun and brought her staff low, sweeping at the woman's legs. She simply jumped over it, grabbing one end of the staff as she flipped in the air towards Alma, nearly ripping the weapon from her hands.

Her reflexes weren't fast enough. She would go down as easily as Vance if she relied on physical combat alone, but she had a few tricks of her own to even the field.

She concentrated her spiritual energy, allowing her to temporarily increase her own physical attributes, focusing it first on her legs to boost her speed. She lunged away from her attacker and pulled her staff apart, separating it into two batons suited for faster, more aggressive blows. She distributed her energy into her arms, lashing out at the woman with five swift blows in under a second. The first two were deflected by the woman's arm, but the third managed to connect with her chest, which gave Alma an opening to deliver the final two to the woman's head.
She went to finish the assault with a third strike to the woman's face, but was shocked when the woman's head turned and caught the final blow between her teeth, which now appeared substantially less human.

The woman's eyes were the next thing Alma noticed: their pupils had elongated and a fierce primality emanated from them. It was Druid magic.

Which meant that Alma needed to get out of melee range as soon as possible.

She tossed her other baton into the air and used her free hand to create a wisp burst, an explosion of light that caused the beast-woman to recoil, blinded.

She pulled her first baton free of the woman's jaw and snatched the second out of the air, sprinting away from the altar. She needed to take this woman down and get Vance out of here before the situation deteriorated any further.

It was a task far easier said than done.

Even with Alma's amplified agility, the woman—now a large panther—cut her off. The beast growled before diving at Alma, pushing her into the dirt as it dragged its claws across her arms. She forced it away with a quick blow from her knee and ran back to Vance as she got to her feet.

She filled her hand with spiritual energy and smacked her friend with it.

"Wake up, damn you!"

He stirred with a murmur, but he was still unconscious.

She turned to see the panther transforming mid-leap, crashing into the earth as a giant bear mere meters away.

Alma leaped over the altar to lure the woman away from Vance. That was when she had what she knew must be her worst idea yet, but one she was going to execute nonetheless.

As the bear charged her, she reunited her batons into a single staff, focused all of her magicks into it and slammed it onto the altar, causing an explosion of energy that sent everything flying. She was thrown across the room and into a stone wall. She couldn't tell if the cracks she heard were from the structure or her own body.

She heard Vance jolt awake with a yell, but she couldn't see where he ended up. She didn't see anything besides the paw heading straight for her face. It was the last thing she saw as she felt three claws dig deep into her flesh, from her forehead diagonally to her chin, before consciousness failed her altogether.

She awoke sometime later with bandages covering half her face and pain searing its way into her mind.

She was back in her village, broken and defeated, stuck in the infirmary.

Dazed, she glanced around the room, making out a few figures surrounding her.

"She's awake!" a familiar voice yelled. One of her fathers.

"By the Light, Alma!" the second exclaimed as he rushed to her side. "What were you thinking? You could have been killed! You nearly were! You'll be lucky if you don't lose half your face from those wounds!"

It was the start to a long scolding that she had been fully expecting upon her return, though she had not thought that return would be in quite so tattered conditions.

She looked passed her fathers, searching for Vance. The fact that one of her eyes was obscured by bandaging didn't aid in the endeavor.

"He's not here. He's fine, but he's dealing with the Elders at the moment. I guess he managed to carry you out of the temple and cauterize your wounds, but you'd both be dead if one of the Elders hadn't found you that night."

Alma wanted to let out a sigh, but the strain would have been more painful than it was worth. She couldn't speak, so the moment that followed was one of somber silence.

"He told us why you went to the temple in the first place." The hurt in her father's voice was audible.

"Why would you go behind our backs like that?" her other father asked.

More silence.

Even if she could speak, she wouldn't know how to answer them. She wouldn't know what answers she had. Everything had fallen apart so quickly. She had not learned anything. She had no answers. All her little quest had done was to land her here and get her and Vance into trouble that she did not yet know the extent of.

Even if she could speak, she wouldn't.

She hadn't learned anything.

Except that she needed to go back to that temple.

On the other side of the village, Vance was doing damage control.

That's what he thought it would be, at first, until his conversation with the Elders played out.

"That's why you cannot allow Alma to return to that temple. Not yet. She is not ready for the trials she will face or the sorrows they shall bring her."

Vance listened in stunned silence. This was all so . . . "Ridiculous."

"Pardon?" one of the Elders questioned with a raised brow.

The teen took a moment to find his words. "You mean to tell me that all of this secrecy, these blatant lies you've been telling us—her!—for her entire life has been to keep her safe and secure in her ignorance? That's ridiculous! I know Alma, and I know she could handle this, and that she'd much rather—"

The First Elder raised a hand, stopping Vance's outpouring mid-thought. He let out a deep sigh, looking at the boy with saddened eyes.

"I know that you care for her, and that this knowledge is a great burden for you to bear, but for Alma's sake, I must ask that you do so. There's more here to know than you can yet understand. Some of it even we cannot comprehend. It is only for Alma to one day discover the heart of it, but until the day comes that we believe she is ready to do so, you cannot tell her what you have learned tonight. Can we trust you in this?"

There was a long moment of silence as Vance struggled to accept his answer.

"Fine. I won't tell her. But don't say I didn't warn you that you'll feel her wrath once she finds out that that new scar on her face was a gift from her sister."

Last edited:

Parivir

Years

I...am honestly a little emotionally devastated at this point. You've, uh, delivered on that promise of a dark backstory...the boy's been through so much. The humes in this story, incidentally, might be my favorite background characters I've seen in an SU, haha. (shame they've all kicked the bucket...or have they?)

I'm tempted to just accept the hell out of your SU already, but if holding out for an RP sample means I get to be privy to more of your writing, I think I'm gonna do just that lol. Provisionally accepted.

(A little opinion on the matter of racism against bangaa, though: honestly, I don't think it should be that bad. At least, in all the Ivalice Alliance games I've played, where they appear bangaa is treated on relatively equal terms with other races. It's just that they're subject to racial generalizations (i.e. brutish, kinda dumb, etc which is what the slur 'lizard' usually references to) but even among their detractors the sentiment seems relatively toothless in manifestation. I can't imagine it extends to the point where a hume-bangaa relationship is seen as something more than frowned upon; the portrayal of it being so offensive that it would generate a mob big enough to floor an entire family of competent warriors...well. It's easy enough to characterize the village (and Kosmas' origin city, I suppose) as backwards or bangaa-traumatized or homophobic and whatnot, but I don't believe that this level of anti-bangaa sentiment should be the norm in Ivalice at large, when we do begin the RP.)

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
I...am honestly a little emotionally devastated at this point. You've, uh, delivered on that promise of a dark backstory...the boy's been through so much. The humes in this story, incidentally, might be my favorite background characters I've seen in an SU, haha. (shame they've all kicked the bucket...or have they?)
I'm tempted to just accept the hell out of your SU already, but if holding out for an RP sample means I get to be privy to more of your writing, I think I'm gonna do just that lol. Provisionally accepted.
Lmao awesome. I'll have the RP Sample up either in a few hours, or sometime tomorrow.
(A little opinion on the matter of racism against bangaa, though: honestly, I don't think it should be that bad. At least, in all the Ivalice Alliance games I've played, where they appear bangaa is treated on relatively equal terms with other races. It's just that they're subject to racial generalizations (i.e. brutish, kinda dumb, etc which is what the slur 'lizard' usually references to) but even among their detractors the sentiment seems relatively toothless in manifestation. I can't imagine it extends to the point where a hume-bangaa relationship is seen as something more than frowned upon; the portrayal of it being so offensive that it would generate a mob big enough to floor an entire family of competent warriors...well. It's easy enough to characterize the village (and Kosmas' origin city, I suppose) as backwards or bangaa-traumatized or homophobic and whatnot, but I don't believe that this level of anti-bangaa sentiment should be the norm in Ivalice at large, when we do begin the RP.)
Okey dokey! Yeah, having no experience with the games, I went with what little general info I could find on the racial interactions. The initial mention of it (in the first paragraph) is more a case of basic "you can stay around, but we don't really like you" thing than violent racism, in my head amplified because of the largeness of their family (and thus "high concentration" of Bangaa at any point), I guess. The more prominent one later, which you mention, was certainly more a case of homophobia in my mind (idk how they'd deal with that in Ivalice, but generally medieval-esque periods frown upon it, fantasy or not lmao) with his being a Bangaa more an excuse to direct their prejudice at him, more than anything. Plus it was some small backwater town in the middle of nowhere lmao. I'm sure it wouldn't be so extreme throughout the RP (and goodness that'd be exhausting to have to keep up), so that's mostly kept in the history more for personal trauma reasons. Lol

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Query.... is there a spot still open in dis? Cause I so totes want to get back into things and do stuffs.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Super excited to get started on this. Any idea how much longer we're going to wait before starting?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I'm writing up my SU at the moment. Just trying to tweak it a bit on my end.

Parivir

Years
Super excited to get started on this. Any idea how much longer we're going to wait before starting?

Aah, I'm glad you're as excited as I am, haha. I've been trying to angle in a plot device that allows the RP to begin even without a full roster of seven demon knights, and I think I've settled on something I like quite well. It won't quite be the grandiose introduction arc I had in mind originally, but we should be able to start after Greiger finishes his SU and Nakuzami turns in the roleplay sample, heh. The two spots will remain open until a certain point in the RP, but the corresponding demon knights will be left out of the plot until a) someone signs up or b) the plot can no longer accommodate it. B is quite a ways off in the timeline, but if it does happen, the spot will be taken by an NPC.

Let me just quote y'all to make sure you get this notif.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Ah man, I've been trying to make my SU for the past few weeks. Emphasize on TRYING. Blame Z and it's sorta strict post deadline for this. I'll try to get my SU up, but I'm not sure when.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Ah man, I've been trying to make my SU for the past few weeks. Emphasize on TRYING. Blame Z and it's sorta strict post deadline for this. I'll try to get my SU up, but I'm not sure when.

Can confirm Z proves it'self to be strict yet good.

Can* wait for this rp to begin but I really want it o be good :) I trust our gm though!

Nakuzami

Years
oop yes notif received

I got stalled about halfway through writing my RP Sample by a bunch of random other things, but it'll be up before we need to get rolling.

Parivir

Years

I guess this also goes out to the other potential applicants if y'all are still around: if we do begin the RP with spots open, the OOC thread will remain open for new SUs, but those characters will not be able to participate in the RP until after the first battle. Their history will also be very different from the characters that have already been posted thus far. If you're interested in one of these spots, please PM me for further details.

I will post the IC immediately after Greiger and Nakuzami have taken their spots, unless a potential applicant thinks they can get a full SU up within, say, a couple of days. If so, please make your interest known~

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
The Lich

Eckert 'Eckie' Dravius, Fifth son of Hyton

Race: Nu Mou

Appearance: Eckert is a very young Nu Mou, still straying far from the realm of 30s. In comparison to many other Nu Mou whom have spent numerous years studying their crafts Eckert sports very fair skin. Very few blemishes cover his well-groomed, gray furry hide. For one well studied in his particular field of magical arts, a few might suspect that Eckert would have wear and tear under his eyes from numerous hours of studying, but he has managed to avoid such a fate thanks to a few lotions he keeps on his person to maintain his looks. Like most Nu Mou, Eckert has a more hefty appearance and tends to walk around at a relaxed pace as a result.

As for attire, Eckert is very partial to robes, particularly those of a gray variety since they blend excellently with his body color. He typically has a carrying bag slung over a shoulder where he will store his books, writing utensils, as well as any smaller trinkets he happens upon. Resting in one hand is his trusty wooden staff, the instrument from which he directs his powers as well as a walking instrument to help him trudge along to his destination. Underneath his robes he also wears a comfortable pair of sandals to keep his feet cushioned.

Personality: Due to the numerous years of neglect by his parents and siblings Eckert holds onto two things tightly, his sarcasm and his need for attention. For Eckert, each of these important gifts leads to the other constantly. Eckert will usually throw out dry remarks toward those who are in charge, eagerly desiring the negative reaction that would cause them to pay further attention to the smug little Nu Mou. He doesn?t care if they hate him, nor if they love him. He just enjoys their enraged faces. At least? that what he tells others.

Eckert always strives to make a good first impression with looks, and so takes his appearance very seriously. He uses skin cream to maintain youth while also tending to his own clothing to ensure that they don?t gain any long standing stains. With his organized mindset he also ensures a strict discipline with the few items on his person. He keep his books dust free and ensures that his bag strap isn?t worn out too much. Due to his particular upbrings Eckert often refuses to lend out any items to even close friends. At most he?ll lend out a few gold, all while keep tracking of his finances and ensuring that the lender will pay him back? one way or another.

While he has free time Eckert takes time to enjoy reading. While his first and primary objective is his tome of undeath, he has grown fascinated with another book, The Many Flavors of Spring. Eckert claims that it helps calm his mind at times, and helps to remind him of the place he met Jasper.

Eckert's Tale
~Ties that Supposedly Bind~

Born to Hyton Dravius and Mara Dravius, Eckert was the seventh in a line of siblings, consisting mainly of males. From an early age Eckert was conditioned into believing that he was special, that his destiny would be filled with greatness which would excel the Dravius? family into that of legends. Such words were not based on written prophecy though. Hyton Dravius had been born as a powerful mage and for many years had been active at the forefront of one of the most respected magical clans within Ivalice. Many within the magical community grew to believe that Hyton and Mara?s union would yield very powerful mages who would quickly be snapped up by the most powerful of the orders.

At first, that grew to be the case. At the age of five Eckert?s elder brother, Clamont, left home to join the Order of Gavajin. One by one, within the next two years, Eckert lost each and every brother as they left to serve the military for the good of Ivalice. The house was left rather quiet at that point. With only the company of his parents and his two elder sisters, Eckert had little to do. His sisters would depart from the house and were abhorred by the mere idea of entertaining their littlest brother. His father was busy writing his memoirs and couldn?t be bothered. His mother was as old as his father, but lacked the energy his father had and so often instructed Eckert to play by himself.

~The Start of Temptation~

One day, Eckert decided to play outside in the fields their house was surrounded by. It just so happened on this day that a nasty storm passed through the area. Eckert had felt rain before, but the sheer volume of it, combined with the thick darkness of the clouds ahead, resulted in him losing his way back to the house. He had to make a detour into a cave where he waited out the rest of the storm. It just so happened that another lived within this cave, an elderly Hume by the name of Jasper. While at first fearful of the stranger, Jasper?s calm tone and friendly nature eased Eckert over, and soon the two were chatting while they waited for the storm to pass. Jasper was intrigued that a member of the Dravius family would come down this far along the plains. Eckert was more than eager to finally let out his overboiling thoughts and let loose all of his ideas about his family?s busy schedule.

The sight of the small, angrily flailing, Nu Mou caused Jasper to chuckle and as the storm passed he helped lead Eckert back to his family?s estate, but he told the Nu Mou to not alert his family to the Hume?s presence. In due time, they could meet again. When Eckert arrived back home he wasn?t greeted, hugged, or doted over. In fact, his mother was sound asleep, his sisters were busy in their own rooms, and his father hadn?t so much as remembered his earlier shout of how he was heading out to the fields. It was then that Eckert realized that in this house, he truly was alone.

~The Pupil Years~​

Ever since that stormy day Eckert grew further and further detached from his family. Whenever his brothers would visit during holidays they would hardly acknowledge him. His sisters had grown and had been married off. For ten years he was passed over? until finally he was of the ripe age of eighteen. The age when he could properly begin practicing magic. All of a sudden his family grew interested in him again. His brothers would take personal vacations to come back home and strive to sway their brother to their particular brand of magic, and so recruit him to the order they had pledged allegiance toward. His father became more strict and handed him book after book detailing magical theory and application.

What none of them knew was that Eckert already had been practicing magic.

During the ten long years of entrapment at the estate Eckert had found time every now and then to slip out of the doors and to rush down to the fields, specifically to the cozy cave that Jasper termed ?home?. At first Jasper simply bonded with Eckert. The two would talk at first about his family, but Jasper would quickly shift toward knowing more about Eckert. He wanted to know about the Nu Mou?s hobbies, his thoughts, his dreams. With no one else to talk to, Eckert was more than eager to let out his bottled up thoughts and told Jasper all about himself. Two months between meetings soon shrunk to only one month? then to two weeks, then eventually to Eckert meeting with Jasper every day.

Eckert would always make sure none followed him as he would meet with his best friend. Finally, during his twelfth year of life Jasper presented to Eckert a book. The tome was labeled ?The Affinity of Undeath?, and listed out instructions on how to cast magical energies that would resurrect that of dead tissue. At first, Eckert was unnerved by the tome, but with Jasper?s encouragement he took it and smuggled it into his home. Every night he would pull it out from under his bed and engage himself in learning about the art of necromancy. Whenever Eckert would visit Jasper the Hume would present him with an animal corpse and have him work to bring the creature back to life. By the age of fifteen Eckert could easily snap his fingers and raise up to five corpses at a time.

And all the while his parents never noticed a thing. Deep down Eckert hoped that one of them would notice him coming in home late, or barge into his room late at night demanding to know why he was still awake. By the his eighteenth year, however, that desire had long since faded away. He saw that his family considered him nothing but an asset. A tool that would only bring his father greater status if he could successfully convince Eckert to join a high ranking order, similar to his brothers. The mere thought generated anger within Eckert?s heart, more so when his family poured attention on him when it suited their agenda most. At that point, Eckert?s heart snapped.

~Fires that Burn~
During his eighteenth year Eckert had to take cover behind a mask to hide his true feelings from his family. His brothers and parents would not stop badgering him about magic and which order to join. It was so bad that a few of his brothers recruited his sisters to join in as well. Every day Eckert would grit his teeth and withstand the numerous points presented to him with little chance to argue back. One day, his willpower faded and he ran out, hoping to seek refuge in Jasper?s cave. Of course, this time in his need to flee he was easily followed by one of his sisters. Jasper, realizing that she would leave to inform Eckert?s parents, struck out and killed her.

Many years ago Eckert would have been horrified by the attack. With the numerous years of conditioning that Jasper has subjugated him to, he instead eagerly inquired if his sister could be the first intellectual mind he could resurrect. And so, on the eve of 6th day of Coppersun, began Eckert?s true descent into madness.

~The Journey~

With Eckert?s disappearance and their sister having gone missing, the sons of the Dravius dynasty gathered together and began to lead search parties for their blood relatives. The only problem was that they were looking in the wrong places. Jasper and Eckert set out to the nearby Zaland. With numerous undead creatures under Eckert?s control they started attacking a few passing migrants, namely those who looked strong enough to become powerful undead. Bit by bit their forces grew as Eckert led the growing army to Bethla. The soldiers that encountered them fought against the creatures, but with Eckert?s practiced focus more and more soldiers fell, causing the strength of his undead forces to rise. However, Eckert didn?t finish off the remaining soldiers. Instead, he moved on as the still living survivors naturally took to sending messengers to inform the crown of what was happening to the south. All the while, Eckert happily proclaimed his birth name to the few he spared, as well as his new title of ?The Bringer of Undeath?.

With the war against Ordallia still being waged the queen could not turn her attention toward Eckert?s chaos. Instead, she assigned the Order of the White Flame the task of handling the undead menace. Given that one of Eckert?s brothers, Richard Dravius, had joined the order, it was decided that they could use the idea of familial relations to quell Eckert?s destruction. The plan didn?t work. Richard was seriously injured as the few members that had traveled with him quickly retreated. Eckert took the time to move his army further into Ivalice, attacking any soldiers they found to add their strength to his ranks. All the while Jasper kept up regular meetings with Eckert, encouraging the Nu Mou to claim more and more in his name. The city of Dorter was spared, more so due to the fact that the concerned ruling class had paid out a hefty fee to Eckert in exchange for peace.

Just when Eckert thought his rule was beginning the Order appeared again, this time with far larger numbers and no longer playing around. They struck hard and fast at the undead horde, using their holy spells to rip the army that Eckert had spent a year building into nothing but meaty pieces. At the end, Jasper had been slain and Eckert was at the mercy of a sword tip by none other than Richard. Instead of killing him, Richard ordered the destruction of his undead horde and took his brother into custody. A bit of news had been spread about Eckert as the young Nu Mou eagerly basked in the public?s outrage, considering it a ?win? for him. He had figured that he would have been stopped after a month or so, so simply outlasting for a year and even getting a trade city to pay him a bribe for not attacking was a plus in his book!

The various orders gathered and inquired the brothers and Hyton himself about Eckert?s life, soon finding out for themselves just how little he had been paid attention to. The orders gathered for his sentence and offered Eckert one of two choices. Death? or life in subjugation.

Eckert begrudgingly chose life.

It was here that he was presented to the Order of Moonshroud as their prisoner and underwent a ritual. The order placed a Geas upon him, a set of magical compulsions that works as follows :

- He could not harm any living beings unless they sought him harm first hand
- He could not disobey any order given to him by the crown, nor by any order member, nor by any of his commanding officers
- He must always seek to protect Ivalice, its lands, and the citizens residing in said lands

It was soon revealed to Eckert why he had been purposefully kept alive. A project had been started some time back. He was to join it, and gain fabulous powers from it. He was to be an asset used for the crown?s purpose in protecting the whole of Ivalice. Unable to back out now, the Nu Mou underwent the experimentation, watching as those around him died from what he described as pure torture. Yet, he survived.

As Eckert was released into Kingmarch he learned that the lesser soldiers termed the other ?graduates? of the project as demon knights. For Eckert, however, he gained a different, albeit spiteful, nickname, ?The Lich?.

Class(es): Necromancer

His Possessions​

Staff of Whispers : Unique Staff A staff gifted to Eckert by Jasper. This staff increases the range of Eckert?s Necromancy spells, ensuring he doesn?t have to get too close to the action to be effective.
Gray Robes : Common Clothing A pair of gray robes that Eckert wears. Apart from keeping him warm in colder temperatures it also ensures he is kept civilized by not showing every inch of his hide.
The Affinity of Undeath : Unique Tome A book detailing the ways one can control the undead, this book also lists numerous basic and advanced spells for turning a battlefield of corpses in your favor.
The Many Flavors of Spring : Common Book A rather popular book by Samuel Witherhound. The book lists out the numerous facts of the spring season, particularly those regarding growing foliage, protection of crops, and how the wildlife reacts to the passing season. Oddly enough, this particular book looks a tad bit bigger than other versions.
Coin Pouch : Common Equipment : A coin pouch that carries any denomination of coins.
Carrying bag : Common Equipment : A bag that carries all of Eckert?s books, as well as smaller trinkets he comes along during his travels.
Rejuvenating Lotions : Common Potion : Several rather inexpensive skin creams that Eckert uses weekly. These help remove blemishes from under his eyes and help him keep a youthful appearance.

His Skills​
CLASS SKILLS​
Active/INFECTION : Infection is a spell that inflicts Zombification on the target, an uncurable status ailment that turns the target into a zombie. Zombified units take 200% damage from holy-based spells and are hurt by curative spells such as Cure. The ailment can only be removed by incapacitating the victim and then reviving them.
Passive/NECRONOMICON : Every new Necromancer is given a copy of the Necronomicon, a comprehensive tome on how to manipulate dark energy and the dead, and the Necromancer's ultimate reference to all that has to do with their art. While it mostly gives details on how to perform resurrections and other spells associated with the dead correctly, it also gives directions on how to access parallel planes and utilize the arts of the Doomcaster. As such, it bestows upon the Necromancer the ability to inherently access Low-tier and Mid-tier Doomcast.
Demonfacter/VIRULENT MAN [EX+] : A powerful technique that uses a corpse as a catalyst to summon the Virulent Man, a powerful being of unknown origins (although most Necromancers theorize that he is a manifestation of Phantom, an old pagan god from the same pantheon as the ones summoned by the Elder). The Virulent Man, once summoned, will cast a variety of debuff spells (most commonly Slow, Stop, Poison, and Doom, although on occasion he will cast Break). He is completely impervious to all damage, physical and magical, and thus his spells cannot be stopped, only cured. Furthermore, because few have ever studied necromancy so thoroughly that they have the ability to summon the Virulent Man, his existence is not widely known. This is extremely deadly, because those who make the mistake of trying to attack him will instantly face his retaliation: a Death spell. The Virulent Man will stay on the battlefield for a period of five minutes, continuously spreading status ailments to the opposition until his time is up and his spirit leaves the host cadaver.

PERSONAL SKILLS​
Active/COME TO THE LIGHT [B-]: Eckert can impart a death whisper across the battlefield. Any enemies that hear the whisper and are unconscious will lose the will to live and become deceased. The higher the rank, the further the whisper can travel.
Active/BOUND TOGETHER [B+]: Eckert can target two or more dead corpses that have been torn apart and command the dead tissue to fuse together, creating an undead abomination. To create a far more capable servant, Eckert must have at least four limbs, a abdomen, and a head. The higher the rank, the more successful the skill, as well as taking less time for the fusion to complete.
Active/MEMORIES OF THE FLESH [C]: Upon touching a corpse or undead Eckert will be able to see the corpse?s last memories before death. This is useful especially during missions or jobs where he is ordered to not raise any undead. Higher ranks allows him to see back further in time.
Passive/UNDEAD REASONING [A]: Eckert is one to enjoy a bit of banter with his undead minions. Whenever Eckert raises a being from death that undead will be capable of speech and intelligent thought, but will be unable to think disloyal thoughts. Higher ranks will give greater levels of intelligence to the undead.
Passive/SENSE OF DEATH : Eckert can sense when death happens nearby, and the direction from where it takes place. Higher ranks allows him to sense death further and further away.
Demon Factor/RIFT OF DEATH [EX+]: Eckert can channel his entire focus into opening a portal to the land of the dead. A powerful wind will try and suck his foes into the portal. After one minute the portal will seal shut.
Demon Factor/???? [EX+]: Eckert has been observed to survive certainly events that would certainly doom others to a quick grave, such as assassinations. Funnily enough, it often is his attacker that ends up deceased instead. Many are unsure as to how he manages to keep living, with a few pointing out that as a necromancer he knows a bit about how a soul travels to the realm of death. It is entirely possible that Eckert has managed to figure out a means to immortality? or perhaps that?s the fearful public talking?

~Roleplay Sample, AKA A Story of Time Before~

Silence was what he hated. For so long he had lived within the walls, only knowing of silence. Today was different though. Today there was much noise. And all of it was for? him.

?Hey, get your fat ass up! We?re moving ya!?

Eckert?s mouth formed into a coy smirk as he stood, grasping his staff, ?Oh my, moving me? This must be the greatest day of your life, my dear jailor~? He cooed to the Bangaa. ?I bet you?re not prepared in the slightest for the fun everyone?ll be having.?

The reptile snarled, ?Get your legs moving. Now. If I had any right sense I would just shove you out there and let the mob deal with you.?

?But that would so make Ivalice a horrible place, wouldn?t it?? Eckert asked, his voice dripping with sarcastic venom. ?And you would be out of a job.?

The Bangaa shoved on his back, earning a wince of pain from Eckert. ?I said move it!? He snapped out angrily.

Eckert chuckled, enjoying how easy it was to ruffle his jailor up. He made his way to the door where a detachment of guards stood ready. Most glared at the Nu Mou through their iron clad masks while others had learned to not pay any attention to him. Eckert ruffled his robes a bit, ?So, are we going to head out to the adoring public? Or will we cower inside?? He inquired, a teasing quality in his tone.

?Let?s move out! Ring formation!? The leading Hume shouted out, not paying Eckert a lick of attention.

The necromancer truly hoped the Hume would die out there. He was so? boring.

The guards surrounded Eckert and began to march out of the doors. A throng of people had gathered outside, wasting no time at all to start tossing all manner of objects at Eckert. ?Go to hell!?

?Murderer!?

?Yes yes, thank you~? Eckert gracefully replied to the jeering crowd, taking the time to peel an orange off his face to chew upon. Free breakfast, what could be better!? ?Remember! It?s Eckert DRAVIUS! Just like my FATHER, HYTON! Do remember that, and give your thanks to him for raising me!? He shouted out to the crowd, only earning more jeers and screams.

The guards kept a tight formation as they led him toward the city gates where larger crowds had formed. Eckert took the entire scene in heart, taking the time to grab any fruit thrown his way to save for later. From what had been told to him, it would be a long journey to get to their destination? wherever that was. Honestly he hoped it was far more entertaining than this pot shot of a city. Unfortunately the city gates weren?t entertaining enough. Although enough things had been thrown he honestly had been hoping for some blood to fly, or a protester or two to come in with a knife only to be tossed back by the guards. He was left extremely disappointed.

Outside though were several wagons waiting for them, along with his new guards. ?Hehe, well this is an entourage indeed! All for little me? You shouldn?t have~? The Nu Mou playfully swung a hand in the air to emulate his ?embarrassment?.

A bangaa approached, ?Prisoner Eckert, you are to remain within this wagon while we transport you to Fort Besselat. Once we arrive there you will be properly turned over to Kingmarch. Do you understand??

Eckert?s eyes twinkled in the light, ?Oh! I see! Haha, no wonder why I was kept in the dark.? A slick smirk slithered along his lips, ?My oh my, five years. Five years since I almost laid waste to that fort. I wonder if they?ll remember me??

The lizard snorted and shoved him forward, ?In. Now.?

?I?m going, lizzie~ Sheesh.? The Nu Mou made his way into the wagon as the door was slammed shut behind him. It was barren inside, only holding a thin blanket on the floor. He snorted and set his pack down as the wagon began to move. Reaching inside he pulled out one particular book and began to scan over it, ?Now? spring time, show me what I need to see.? He murmured as he flipped it open and drifted off to a more informative world.

Last edited:

Parivir

Years

If there was ever any doubt, Eckert the Lich is accepted. The colors, they are flying.

And that brings us to five, enough to start the RP with. We'll just hang around for a day or two to give Nakuzami some breathing room and/or entertain the possibility of a sixth applicant--after which we will, at last, commence with the IC. Look forward to it!

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
I think I may toss my hat into the ring for this, if there's still an open slot. Still debating on whether to work on a sheet for a Moogle or Viera, though.

Edit: Just gonna put this WIP over here for now.

Edit2: The SU should at least be reviewable now. Dropped the spoiler tags to make things more obvious, too.

Name: Coupe

Race: Moogle

Appearance:
There's not much to say about Coupe. If you were to size him up without his gear, you'd find a pretty plain moogle. He's about three feet/ninety-one centimeters tall on a good day, including his ears. Most of his fur is the traditional cream tone of moogles, but his ears have light brown color to them, distinguishing him from most other moogles. His most striking feature, however, is his pompom. It shines brighter than the lesser moogles by being a luxuriously deep red and being exquisitely plush to the touch. It is truly a sight to behold. Compared to his pompom, his pitch-black eyes and pink button nose are forgettable. Only his ears can distract from his glorious pompom, but alas, his garb disguises them.

Taking on the traditional garb of a moogle gunner, Coupe keeps his head firmly wrapped up in cloth and a "green" beret (he dyed it brown to match the rest of his clothing) to cover up his sensitive ears, though there is a hole designed to expose his pompom, because a proud moogle should never hide one's pompom. Loose, comfortable tunics are paired with cloaks to give him as much maneuverability as possible for when he takes a shooting position, whether it be standing, sitting, or prone. For additional protection, he also wears a mirage vest underneath the cloak. While its highly reflective surface would seem like a bad idea for a sniper, Coupe can also use the vest to create a distraction from a distance and cause havoc. Of course, one could never be fully equipped without boots, and Coupe's are one of a kind. In fact, his winged boots allow him to walk on water, which is kinda important if you want a moogle to cross any body of water. One last piece to his wardrobe is something most people don't pay attention to. On his right hand, he has an ornate ring called a fortune ring. There's nothing too special about them, since they're mass produced as a ward against bad luck, but Coupe has kept it around as one of the only mementos of his time Veis.

Personality:
Growing up, Coupe was mostly a curious kid, but being on his own drained him of his youthful curiosity, replacing it with a certain kind of realism: one based on hard work and luck. He believed effort could only get someone so far, the other part was all up to chance. Part of his reasoning was based on his own luck in surviving, the other was from his gambling problem. A vice inherited from his mentor, Coupe has become rather entangled in the world of dice and cards. Something about it calls to him. It gives him an addicting sensation of elation; one that he couldn't replicate elsewhere.

He's also known to be somewhat of a hothead and a foulmouthed moogle. He's always saying "kuppo" this and "kuppo" that, getting mad at anyone who questions his ability. Push him too far and you could be staring down the barrel of his rifle, waiting for a quick end. Well, probably not. He may be hotheaded, but he isn't dumb. Coupe's frustration and willingness to speak out against just about anyone still isn't enough to cloud his judgement or skill. His concentration is, after all, the key to much of his success, as it is to most gunners.

As far as his interests are concerned, there aren't too many things besides the thrill of a gun or the thrill of a game of cards. He used to dabble in women, but he's dropped that habit mostly, due to his interactions with the viera named Veis. His relationship with her had rendered him incapable of entertaining the idea of fooling around with women, and the unresolved emotions pertaining to how they separated has since prevented him from seeking out additional companionship.

History:
Born in the machinist capital of Goug, Coupe was the oldest of three children. As far as moogle families were concerned, his was normal in every way imaginable. None in his family were known for having a penchant for magic, nor were there any who created discord at home or in public. Coupe grew up helping his father work on clockwork machines, fixing odd jobs that people brought in, such as clocks and other various contraptions. For much of his life, this was all he knew, and it wasn't until he was about ten years old that he was introduced to the machines that would later inspire him.

Later in his youth, his father had been commissioned to try and repair an ancient device found in the Goug ruins. While just another job for Coupe's father, Coupe had taken a profound interest in the device's peculiarities. Something about the device's shape seemed so odd to the young moogle, from it's odd shape and hidden purpose. He helped his father fix up the artifact, only to learn that it was an ancient gun brought in by a marksmoogle. Wondering more about guns and marksmanship, young Coupe questioned the customer who had sent it in to be worked on, asking the fellow a multitude of questions. The man told him of all the things he had accomplished in his line of work, including the adventure he had been on. It was from that day on that Coupe realized he'd want to be like that moogle, a moogle of action and adventure, a marksmoogle. Unfortunately, Coupe would learn that being a marksmoogle was not a road easily traveled.

When his family had first of his newfound interest in guns, his family was taken aback. None before them had strayed from their machinist past, and the mere thought of him giving up the life of tinkering and fixing up machines for shooting guns seemed like a massive waste of a good mind. They called him delusional, a fool, and worse for his new dream, but they couldn't stop him. He set off on his own at fourteen, finally old enough to leave home. The first step out of the door was easy, but having no money to one's name makes things infinitely harder. To eat, he bartered work for food. To sleep, he did the same for bedding. Coupe spent many a month doing this, moving around searching for anyone who could give him a lead on where he could go to learn how to be a marksmoogle. Although not what he had planned on, someone caught wind of a young moogle wanting to learn his way around a gun. An older moogle, gruff and grizzled around the pompom, sought Coupe out. He found Coupe one day, mopping the floor of the inn he stayed at. The old moogle gave the boy an opportunity to become a marksmoogle, though he warned the boy that it would not be as glorious as Coupe had made it out to be. Coupe, however, didn't care. It was finally the chance he had been striving for, he'd take it no matter what.

The man later introduced himself as Mog, a retired mercenary who had been a practitioner of gunmoogleship. He was exactly what Coupe had hoped for, at least, that's what he originally thought. Coupe would come to find out that Mog was not exactly the role model type. The older moogle was foulmouthed and had a bit of an issue with his vices, particularly gambling. It was always "kuppo" this or "kuppo" that, and when it wasn't, it was because Mog was too busy rolling some dice. Despite his flaws, he was an excellent teacher. A master of the rifle and the magic involved with them. Mog explained everything to Coupe in simple terms, teaching him the tricks of the trade. By the time Coupe turned seventeen, he had learned most of what Mog could teach him, including his bad habits. Yes, Coupe also developed his tutor's language habits along with a habit for cards and dice. Of course, Mog was none too thrilled at the prospect of his pupil being so much like himself, so he arranged for Coupe to join up with his old outfit and serve some time working in the field, all in hopes that seeing what it was like in his line of work would change the boy. It did, of course, but not in the way Mog hoped.

In his new environment, he thrived. One could say Mog taught Coupe too well, because he distinguished himself in the group as a deadeye and a moogle not to be crossed. When time came for Coupe's tenure in the group to end and go back to Mog's tutelage, he surprised everyone involved, choosing to set out with the group and go on the adventure he had dreamed of as a child. Mog was disappointed, but unlike Coupe's family, knew that he could only wish the boy the best of luck.

With the group of mercenaries, he travelled across Ivalice, taking on jobs that would otherwise be too dangerous for civilians. His jobs ranged from simple monster hunts to defending caravans, but none of his jobs were quite as dangerous as his addictions. Being away from the Mog removed the last limiter on the bad habits he inherited from his mentor. Whenever he wasn't actively on a mission, Coupe was blowing through his earnings, either through gambling or other worldly desires. One of those desires had a name: Veis. A viera of unknown origin, Veis had entered Coupe's life through one of the many gambling dens he frequented around the time he was twenty. They were there for two very different reasons, one for pleasure, the other for a job. It turned out that Veis worked some questionable jobs for the underground, most of which, as Coupe would come to learn, involved assassinations. When he first saw her, her looks mesmerized him. Her long, flowing silver hair, the way she carried herself with such dignity. She was something sorely lacking in his life: regality. He was the first one to strike up a conversation, something she noted odd from a moogle. If anything, he wasn't like other moogles, for better or for worse. He held nothing back with her, despite how different she was from him, but it was a trait she respected, even admired in the moogle. Their acquaintanceship quickly moved to friendship, and even more soon after. They were an odd pair, a lithe viera, towering over a squat moogle. An assassin and a gunner. Even their jobs were at odds with each other, as Coupe was often hired to protect, while Veis was hired to kill. Yet Coupe was largely unaware of her job, until things became far too complicated for the moogle.

One of Coupe's clients had apparently run up a large debt due to gambling, and was unable to pay for the sum by the designated due date. Accordingly, the client expected to be hunt down by the gambling den's hitmen. When the day finally came for the debt to default, Coupe was shocked to discover Veis in bed with the client, sharing a drink in the afterglow of what anybody could clearly see. Outraged, Coupe stormed off, leaving a stunned Veis alone with the other man. Unknown to Coupe, she was there to poison the man, a much easier task to do when using seduction. With her job complete, she rushed after Coupe to dispel his misunderstanding about what he had just seen. Despite her best intentions to appease him, he refused to see things from her point of view. To him, he had been used, he was just another trinket to be played with by a femme fatale. In fact, the shock was so great that he decided to leave his mercenary group to head off on his own to do a little soul searching.

Years went by, and he still regretted that he left her in such a fit of immaturity. Despite all the time he spent making a name for himself as the deadeye moogle, he never managed to get past his own vices and regrets. Still, it was his skill with a gun that had circulated even the most elite of ears, and it was only a matter of time before Coupe was recruited for "Project Bel." The horrors of the project were well laid out in front of him, but he saw it as a chance to do something for someone other than himself. And maybe, just maybe, that path would lead him back to somewhere he could belong.

Class: Outlaw

Equipment:
Weapon: Outsider: A gun with a unique noise-dampening design to conceal the location of the marksman.

Clothing: Mirage Vest: When it catches the light, this garment glows with an unearthly luminescence.

Hat: 'Green' Beret: A hat for a man or moogle on a mission.

Accessory 1: Fortune Ring: A brilliant ring, set with stones of power. Makes the wearer immune to Doom.

Accessory 2: Winged Boots: An entire flock of pigeons were plucked to make these boots; so light their wearer may walk on water.

Class Skills:
Active: Suppressive Fire : A technique that imbues the loaded bullet with magic; if the bullet hits its mark, the target takes a moderate amount of damage, and has a 50% chance of being afflicted with Immobilize (preventing movement), Disable (preventing action), and Silence (preventing the usage of magic). The three ailments are calculated separately (so the target can be afflicted with all three ailments, none, or some combination of the three).

Passive: Blur : A skill that makes one seem incredibly out of focus from a distance, Blur guarantees that all gun- and hand cannon-based attacks aimed at the Outlaw will miss. It also grants a 30% boost to the Outlaw's evasion rate against arrows.

Demonfactor: Headshot [EX+]: While Headshot is active, all the Outlaw's gun-based attacks become 50% more powerful, and has a 30% chance of inflicting Addle (preventing the usage of skills), Blind (dramatically lowering accuracy), and Confuse (negating the ability to tell friend from foe). These percentages are calculated separately: the target may become afflicted by all three ailments, none at all, or a combination of the three. Headshot lasts for ten minutes per use, and can be used twice per day, with at least a one-hour interval in between uses.

Personal Skills:
Active: Bolt Action [C]: By imbuing his bullets with magic, Coupe can rifle out shots that deal lightning damage.

Active: Powder Keg : Utilizing a technique handed down to him, Coupe can use a type of explosive magic to enable his bullets to do damage in a two meter AoE.

Active: Underhanded Tactics [A]: Fires a shot imbued with magic. Upon contact with a target, the shot induces poison status and reduces a target's resistance to additional status ailments by 75%.

Passive: Concentration [B+]: Years of practice have given Coupe the ability to focus on an enemy's weak point. Increases critical strike chance by 50%.

Passive: Eagle Eyes [C+]: Coupe's vision has been trained to notice even the most minute of details from a distance, preventing blind status.

Demonfactor: Goug Roulette [EX+]: Coupe chooses a target to play a game of life and death with, subjecting them to a high damaging assault that has a 50% chance of inducing any combination of Doom, Stop, Petrify, Toad, and Death (Each status is calculated individually).

Demonfactor: Fusillade [EX+]: While using this technique, Coupe can move at inmoogle speeds, allowing him to fire off several shots every second while also increasing his critical strike chance by 50% and increasing his critical strike damage by 200%. The increased rate of fire only works for five minutes, but the improved critical strike chance and damage lasts for twenty minutes. This move can only bu used once a day.

RP Sample:
"Kuppo me, why'd I get stuck with you today?" Coupe lamented the fact he'd been paired with the one and only seeq in his group, Dahvy. Dahvy was always one of the few people to really eat at Coupe's patience, a trait that seemed common to most of the seeq he'd met. It was something about their crude attitude and overbearing arrogance. And Dahvy was especially bad.

"I'm hurt, Coupe. Your tongue cuts me deeper than Nwaji's blade."

The moogle sighed in his frustration before replying, "If only, Dahvy. I know for a fact that Nwaji would kuppo you up if he wanted to. It'd save me the trouble of dealing with you, too."

His seeq partner merely grunted in response.

For the first time since they set out on their mission, Coupe had some peace and quiet. With it, he focused on the reason why they were there. It was a simple mission, just a hunt for an antlion in the area. Earlier in the day, Dahvy had set a trap for the beast. The whole reason Dahvy was brought along was for his traps. It made hunting easier, since most of the time bait was involved. But here they were, four hours later and no sign of the mark. And that was four hours too long for Coupe.

"So, you sure you didn't mix up the bait? Because I'm pretty sure it should be here by now, and it wouldn't surprise me if you kuppoed up. Kuppo, it wouldn't surprise anyone if you kuppoed up now that I think about it."

Dahvy gave Coupe a sour look before following up, "I never mess up a trap. You just worry about shooting the damn thing when it comes around. Hey, look, isn't that it?!" He was right, their target was inspecting the trap. The surprising part about it was that the antlion in question wasn't an antlion, but a stronger variant called a jawbreaker. "See! It wasn't my trap that was the problem, it was the info! Jawbreakers need stronger scents to attract."

"Keep your kuppoing voice down, you lard-laced kuppo. I gotta line the shot up and you making so much noise is annoying living kuppo out of me."

Another grunt from the seeq was the last thing Coupe heard before he closed everything off. His vision down the iron sight was clear, aiming a bit over the beast's head to accommodate for bullet drop. He knew it'd be best to finish this in one shot, but jawbreakers were known for their tough exteriors. If he carelessly shot the giant red insect, the shot would just bounce off. So, he waited, tracing his shot to follow its movements. It moved left, he followed. It moved right, he did the same. This kept on for a while until it squared up with his line of sight, giving him a perfect shot at the jawbreaker's forehead. With a firm squeeze of the trigger, he let loose his shot. By the time Coupe had exhaled, the bullet had already lodged itself in the target's skull. Coupe didn't even have to say anything, the beast was done.

"You know, Coupe, I really hate you."

"Same, Dahvy, same. Now stop kuppoing around and get your things. I have somewhere to be tonight."

Last edited:
Back