• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

man now arrested in Florida shooting case

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
thread title kind of sucks but so do I

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...-florida-shooting-charged-officials/23501389/

you might remember this one, but basically about a month ago a pair of men in Florida got into an argument over a parking spot, one shoved the other to ground, and then that one shot the other man, killing him

the....interesting? notable? idk....thing about this case is that the local sheriff's office did not move to arrest the shooter initially (citing Florida's sort of infamous "stand your ground" law), and we have relatively clear surveillance footage of the incident

now the shooter has been charged with manslaughter and is sitting in jail, awaiting the trial

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I haven't seen the video or all the emotionally charged arguments on both sides but my response to this is that it takes two to tango. Namely both sides are guilty of doing things they shouldn't have and are therefore are not innocent victims. The fact is one person is dead and you can't prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt so manslaughter is now the charge they're going to try and prove and I think it's partly from political pressure to do this. Even though a person died and the person charged was responsible for it. No different than vehicular manslaughter in my book and Defense is going to use the SYG law as part of their Defense where the defendant felt they were threatened and hence legally within reason to defend themselves. The issue I have is the use of force. Not like the other side had a weapon on them.

Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Apr 4, 2023
im from florida and am happy the shooter was arrested. on the video the victim was clearly taking a couple steps back, and the shooter was involved with an argument with the victims girlfriend. thats why he was shoved. not to mention this man has a history of threatening people with his firearm. i just wish the vics familys attourney and rev sharpton didnt try to make it racial.... its not racial the problem is the new restrictions on the law that was passed.... the state and law enforcement have to prove that the shooter was not in fear for their life. which it is really hard to prove whats going through someones mind or what they are feeling. but the fact remains the shooter is a gun wielding pansy that loves to start stuff he cant finish and he was trying to hide behind a law that is a good law, it just needs revamped... now on to more important things..... pokecommunity rocks man i've loved this site for years keep up the good work y'all..... have a blessed week

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I have seen the video and agree that the gunman's defense was shaky due to the fact that the victim had posed no threat to the gunman. Hope that a justifiable sentence is handed down based on the charges.

Back