• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon XG (First Ever Pokemon XD hack)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
That's weird. Which steps did you follow exactly?

I'll give this as much detail as I can.
1. Realized that my save file had gotten corrupted after beating Tyrion (At this point, it was saying that my Memory Card data was corrupted; nothing new there.)
2. Checked the Internet for a way to circumvent this corruption, and I arrived at the same conclusion you did; start a new game, have the game format the memory card to get rid of corruption, and then save in game.
3. I reloaded my save state at the final screen asking to save before accessing the post game; I was met with a new error. "The Memory Card inserted is not the original Memory card used to save the game. Please insert the original memory card!"
4. I then went back to the Internet to see why this was happening, and from my understanding of it, XD is one of the few GCN games to have anti-cheating code in it (another one I saw was FZero GX, for reference) where just before you save the game, it will check for the PREVIOUS time you saved the game, in order to verify authenticity. As I said, this seems to be put in place so that you cannot duplicate/copy your data.

So, yeah. I've tried using the Memory Card manager in Dolphin, with no luck. It looks like there's no way for me to continue with my file..

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
1. Realized that my save file had gotten corrupted after beating Tyrion (At this point, it was saying that my Memory Card data was corrupted; nothing new there.)
2. Checked the Internet for a way to circumvent this corruption, and I arrived at the same conclusion you did; start a new game, have the game format the memory card to get rid of corruption, and then save in game.
3. I reloaded my save state at the final screen asking to save before accessing the post game; I was met with a new error. "The Memory Card inserted is not the original Memory card used to save the game. Please insert the original memory card!"
4. I then went back to the Internet to see why this was happening, and from my understanding of it, XD is one of the few GCN games to have anti-cheating code in it (another one I saw was FZero GX, for reference) where just before you save the game, it will check for the PREVIOUS time you saved the game, in order to verify authenticity. As I said, this seems to be put in place so that you cannot duplicate/copy your data.

So, yeah. I've tried using the Memory Card manager in Dolphin, with no luck. It looks like there's no way for me to continue with my file..

Speaking of save states, it happened to me too. If you either delete the game or save after the save state, that's how you get an error.

Do you have a Wii console? If not, buy one since it starts at version 4.3 and requires Letterbomber to create Homebrew. Don't forget to buy a USB port, which is at the minimum at 2 GB. And download USB Loader GX and Nintendont on either SD or the USB I mentioned. If it works, I haven't meet the same mistake you made.

Do not get a Wii mini, because it no longer requires a SD card and surpass v4.3.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
I like to know about replaced species, moves, and abilities.

For example; Focus Punch --> Focus Blast, and Groudon --> Robo Groudn.

I mean Robo Groudon can't be that weak, unless to change the base stats much lower than a normal Groudon.

I also like to make trades possible for a Pokemon Ruby Hack and this game, but replace Groudon with Kyogre. Add fairy types, replace abilities, and replace moves with gen 6 moves and fake moves like Short Circuit. For my game, there is every TM in small shops. Have you add a fairy type, or you replace the question marks type to fairy?

And by the way, will you add the list to spoilers or something so it doesn't take much space? At least add these to the first of this thread.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016

Speaking of save states, it happened to me too. If you either delete the game or save after the save state, that's how you get an error.

Do you have a Wii console? If not, buy one since it starts at version 4.3 and requires Letterbomber to create Homebrew. Don't forget to buy a USB port, which is at the minimum at 2 GB. And download USB Loader GX and Nintendont on either SD or the USB I mentioned. If it works, I haven't meet the same mistake you made.

Do not get a Wii mini, because it no longer requires a SD card and surpass v4.3.

I don't understand how buying a Wii will resolve my issues. Could you explain a bit further?

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019

That's a shame. Maybe if you delete the save data and then try saving without creating a new save file? Also, I know there are AR codes that can be used to make the save files copyable so maybe if you track one down it can help.

I like to know about replaced species, moves, and abilities.

For example; Focus Punch --> Focus Blast, and Groudon --> Robo Groudn.

I mean Robo Groudon can't be that weak, unless to change the base stats much lower than a normal Groudon.

I also like to make trades possible for a Pokemon Ruby Hack and this game, but replace Groudon with Kyogre. Add fairy types, replace abilities, and replace moves with gen 6 moves and fake moves like Short Circuit. For my game, there is every TM in small shops. Have you add a fairy type, or you replace the question marks type to fairy?

And by the way, will you add the list to spoilers or something so it doesn't take much space? At least add these to the first of this thread.

That sounds like a fun idea!

I'll probably make a list detailing all the moves and pokemon at some point. I can run some code to automatically list everything so it won't take long. Just remind me about it if I forget just because I'm working on some other stuff too.

Robo Groudon is a separate species to groudon. It's index is 252 I think, just after celebi but all of this will be detailed when I make the list. The fairy type replaces ??? type with curse being changed to ghost type.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
That sounds like a fun idea!

I'll probably make a list detailing all the moves and pokemon at some point. I can run some code to automatically list everything so it won't take long. Just remind me about it if I forget just because I'm working on some other stuff too.

Robo Groudon is a separate species to groudon. It's index is 252 I think, just after celebi but all of this will be detailed when I make the list. The fairy type replaces ??? type with curse being changed to ghost type.

You forgot the abilities like Prankster. If you don't mind, will you show me a few replacement moves please? I really appreciate about how many moves so far. Did I mentioned I've making a hack game? This time, it should be Fire Red. Once I get permission for a canceled Pokemon Shiny Gold version, I'll also make Pokemon Shadow Silver version (Also for fire red). I will make sure there won't be any items traded which doesn't exist in Pokemon XG - Next Gen. Including HM related tools from Pokemon Ash Grey.

Send me a message once the results are in. I don't want to waste time on checking your thread.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
So Ive completed alot of the game (all I have left is citadark isle, overleveled in mt battle to level 70 lol) and its pretty damn good I gotta say, just some moveset oddities like Blaziken not learning EQ and some moves not having correct PP etc, and I have a few questions:
Spoiler:

Fantastic work m8

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
So Ive completed alot of the game (all I have left is citadark isle, overleveled in mt battle to level 70 lol) and its pretty damn good I gotta say, just some moveset oddities like Blaziken not learning EQ and some moves not having correct PP etc, and I have a few questions:
Spoiler:

Fantastic work m8

1. I haven't really made any lists because a lot of things are still changing between updates but will definitely release everything when it's a big more stable.

Spoiler:

3. pokespots

4. I started hacking colosseum before XD although it was years ago when I hadn't figured that much out. I posted the hack online for anyone that might be interested though. It's only basic changes but I'll definitely be going to back to colo eventually.
You can find it here if you wanted to give it a go: Pokemon colosseum hack

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
1. I haven't really made any lists because a lot of things are still changing between updates but will definitely release everything when it's a big more stable.

Spoiler:

3. pokespots

4. I started hacking colosseum before XD although it was years ago when I hadn't figured that much out. I posted the hack online for anyone that might be interested though. It's only basic changes but I'll definitely be going to back to colo eventually.
You can find it here if you wanted to give it a go: Pokemon colosseum hack

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
Are the mechanical changes done in a way that retains GBA game trade/battle compatibility?

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
Spoiler:

I must have made a mistake but I'll sort it out, thanks 😁

Are the mechanical changes done in a way that retains GBA game trade/battle compatibility?

Not at all.

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
Years
I never thought, much less imagined, that I would one day find a hack of Pokemon XD... I thought it to be impossible.

This is truly a dream that has become reality. With the addition of more Shadow Pokemon, alongside the fact that they're different this time around (with the chance of actually being shiny) blows me away.

I'll definitely have to go and get the latest version of Dolphin so I can play this right away.

Now I should go and look up a tutorial on Youtube for how to find the ISO files and whatnot and how to patch Pokemon XD, but if you wouldn't mind giving me a detailed explanation on how to do it, I would be eternally grateful. I just feel like hearing it explained to me from the hack creator and whatnot would be more helpful to me than just looking at a video.

I only have the fondest of memories of this game since it pretty much was a large portion of my childhood, so I'm glad to see it finally getting the love and attention it deserves alongside its elder, Pokemon Colosseum.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 31, 2017
Super excited to see projects like this, and can't wait for the gamecube scene to evolve further. Keep it up man!

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2023
have you given any thought to updating graphics? it seems like it might be possible to replace the xd models with hi res versions of the oras models (for the pokemon at least)

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
The only problem I have with the hack so far is how there are massive level spikes in the most random locations. For example, I was in the Chipher base fighting level mid 40s. I went up a floor, and I was suddenly fighting pokemon in their low 50s. It really forces players to spend a lot of time grinding which obviously isn't fun.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
NUPS patcher is just freezing up for me when I try to patch Pokemon XD. It's been extracted and is the US version :(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Hey, I've been trying out this hack and having a lot of fun with the changes you made to it! I wanted to ask on a few things though, if that's alright.

1. Why do you have Sylvia talk in hashtags? I get that it's part of the humor of our time, but...her dialogue change without the hashtags would have fit a bit more I think. It just seems really...cringy to read, at least to me.

2. How come, whenever I played the game, I found eyes missing on a number of the models? Is that an XD rom problem or something that has only happened through here? So far, the pokemon I've seen go randomly without eyes have been Shuppet(earliest seen in the first rungs of Mt. Battle), Treecko/Grovyle(catchable from the elemental brothers), and even Lombre.(earliest seen in fight with Mirror B. in Cave spot) I don't know why their models are missing eyes, and shuppet is oddly missing only its eyes while Grovyle and Treecko are flat-out missing even eyeholes or eyelids. IT's really strange and was wondering if that was something this hack inadvertently did. I do have screenshots of Shuppet and Treecko/Grovyle to post to show it if you need proof.

3. Finally, I noticed what you did, putting Suicune in one of the poke spots. Gave me a heart attack you know? x3x

Back