• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your very first cards...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Do you remember what ones they were?

Mine was an energy card, I thiiink a Psychic one. Some kid in the playground gave it to me so I wouldn't feel left out because I didn't have any pokémon cards myself haha. I think others eventually gave me some more, so I could start trading a little bit. Trading was all the rage back then - all the girls wanted Eevee and Jigglypuff!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
My first card was Wartortle, my cousin gave it to me. I remember my first booster pack, I got an Electrode which I traded for my favourite at the time, Poliwhirl

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Some random Mew promo card that came packaged with a VCR copy of the first Pokémon movie. I don't even know if it's worth anything.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
My first card (albeit non-TCG) was a Burger King Butterfree that a classmate gave me after I kept pestering him. :P

If my memory serves right, I believe my first TCG card was a Jungle Jigglypuff that I bought for $1 during festivities at school. I found out the next day that I could buy Pokémon cards for 25¢ each in the next class over. Dx

My first Japanese card was an Erika's Exeggcute (Lv.15) that a classmate gave me. Can't remember why.

Not sure what my first holo was, but I'm wanting to say Jungle Pinsir. That or Ancient Mew.

Last edited:
Years
Not all of them but my first booster I pulled both Magnemite and Magneton. I think I actually pulled an Electric energy as well but don't quote me on that. Ever since I've been a fan of the Magnemite line and often incorporate Magnezone into my competitive battling teams. I also ran Magnezone, Zekrom Eels back in the day.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh, and my first bought deck was Misty's deck. Absolutely loved the illustrations on them, I think most were Sugimori variations though.

My first grand mistake in trading was trading away my shiny Gyarados for a bunch of uninteresting common cards, baww. I managed to get one back eventually, but still d: Hard lesson learned - be a harsh negotiator.

Years
The first card that I pulled from my first booster pack was a Dewgong from the original Base Set. It's funny, I can remember weirdly specific details about where I was when I opened it, too (in the back seat of my dad's car with my best friend, in a supermarket not far from my last job, and I know the exact row of parking spaces, too), but I have no idea what ever became of that card.

Back