• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You only have one month left to live.

Guy

just a guy
Years
You are at the doctor's office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live.

Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die?
What do you do with your remaining days?
Would you be afraid?

Years
I would quit my job and take the month trying to do as many different and crazy things as possible and then die on a high note. I don't think I'd be that afraid to be honest, I reckon I'd accept my fate rather easily. But that's because I don't exactly have a whole lot to lose right now. If someone pointed a gun at me right at this moment, I would rather live but if I did die, I'd accept it.

Years
Personally, I wouldn't tell anyone. Once they know the odds are that they will treat you differently.
As for what I'd do; probably do everything that is a potentual death trap if it goes wrong, like skydiving and all that. And maybe make some calls to people that I have a disagreement with.
But no, I wouldn't be, mainly becuase I know that I would have lived a great life and done the things I wanted to do... well not everything but most and thats good enough for me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd tell my family and close others that I have one month left to live, then spend that last month socializing with them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dunno Id tell my family and best friends. I feel they deserve to know and would spend as much time with them as possible. If I could I would travel and try to do some interesting things and see interesting places before I died.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I think it be very selfish of mine not to tell anyone I am going to die, I would tell my family and my friends because they deserve to know.

Years
Oh yeah forgot to answer that part. I would tell my family but probably not my friends. Not until the last few moments / last day or whatever anyway.

Khawill

<3
Years
I'd tell nobody, it would make me feeli like I'm asking them to care. I would be afraid of how my family would go on without me. I'd dedicate my last few weeks to vigilantism, until I'm arrested or killed, (this would allow me to die happier because my family will see me as a hero (unless they are ashamed I was arrested) and I would die on my terms, not fate's)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Would travel back to Canada to see family and spend some time with them and some time travelling with my boyfriend making an art journal of our travels so it's something he and my parents can look back on when I am gone~ :3

Argenta

Soul
Years
i don't know..i'll act cruel to everyone around me so they won't be sad when i'm gone...and i'll make sure to leave a message to my loved ones in a places we used to be in together..who knows?maybe someday they might find it maybe they won't ever..depends on how much they care for me!

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I would spend the last month of my life trying to kiss the girl of my dreams. Perhaps that would reinvigorate me. Worth a shot.

There's no use in going skydiving or adventuring or doing all of the things I wanted to do... because if I was dying, I couldn't anyway.

I wouldn't be afraid. I haven't been lately, even though I think about death all the time because I don't have much of a reason to live right now. I've just come to accept it. Living life as a pessimist sucks, because I'm not one.

Would I tell people? My family, yes. The girl of my dreams, yes. She'd know that she'd have to do something... so I could at least die in peace... unless she revived me...

Sorry, I'm thinking... uhh never mind...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm not really sure if I'd tell anyone. I can't even elaborate why. I'm just not sure. No doubt, I would do everything that I wanted. I would sky dive, I would bungee jump, I would windsurf, I would backpack, I would do all that. I would be afraid of the act of dying. I would worry that it would be painful, and that would probably consume my mind.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I have a really hard time telling people things that might upset them. I'm moving out of home in about a month and I'm terrified to tell my mother that, let alone tell her that I was dying. I would probably have to suck it up and do it though, since it wouldn't be fair to the people in my life if I were dying and they didn't know about it, but I honestly can't see myself plucking up the courage. Just seeing their reaction would make me want to take a gun and end it all right there instead of having to deal with it all.

As much as I'd love to say "I'll spend the remaining days living life to the fullest!" I doubt that's true. I would just be petrified and live in utter terror, crying and freaking out and trying (unsuccessfully) to get my head around the idea that my life was almost over. I'd waste my final days freaking out about death. Not by choice, just by virtue of that being all I could do.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
It's odd considering I've been having a lot of suicidal thoughts lately, but I'd be really sad considering how much I love making games... and I've never had the opportunity to make so many that I want to.

I'd probably tell everyone that'd actually miss me, start going to church/praying a lot, and try to do things that I've always wanted to, etc.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
If I only had a month left to live, I'll do the things that you'll most probably only get to do once in your lifetime such as bungee jumping, skydiving, etc. during the remaining days I still have. I'll also spend as much time as I can with my family and friends. I will tell them as soon as possible if my last day is unknown, as my sudden untold departure would definitely shock them into perhaps insanity or severe depression.
I wouldn't worry, though. I'm not afraid of dying, for I know that I will finally be with Him.

Zet

Years
I wouldn't tell anyone at all. And with my remaining days, I will take down as many people as I can with me.

And no, I wouldn't be afraid.

droomph

weeb
Years
I would tell them but not make it too hard on them.

After all, if this is how things will go down regardless, I don't want them to feel like they caused it :7

I wouldn't be afraid…where would I be going after this place? This place is interesting enough, but it would be time to look into the future...and ponder. Make it interesting, not scary.

Years
I'd want to book like 50 flights and travel everywhere I'm interested in. Would probably stay at each location for two-three days before moving on. Of course, my family in Europe would be the first place I'd visit, and I'd probably give them the most time as I possibly can. They're scattered all over Russia, Germany, Greece, and England, so I'd have quite a lot of time to explore those places while spending time with them!

That's assuming I don't freak out, though.. knowing me, I'd spend the first few days crying my eyes out until I just lose my sanity. ): I wouldn't take something like that very well and would be petrified.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
You are at the doctor's office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live.

Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die?
What do you do with your remaining days?
Would you be afraid?

i would tell my family and friends about it, yes. i mean, it would be odd if i just suddenly dropped dead right in front of them after a month wouldn't it?
honestly, the thought of dying doesn't really scare me. i think it's the manner in which i have to die that actually does. if i die, i'd want it to be a quick death, because obviously the feeling of physical pain is uncomfortable. although i have a feeling that in my final few days, i'd probably be depressed as heck and stuff.

as for how i'd spend my remaining days, well, i'd go finish off my bucket list lol. that is, have my hair permed and dye it red, go sky-diving, write a novel (well given that i have only a month to live, attempt to write a novel), go kart racing, and all the other stuff written there.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? I'm gonna tell everyone to get them ready for it.

What do you do with your remaining days? I'd try to live life to the fullest and probably get my driver's license.

Would you be afraid? At first yeah, but then I'll just accept it and make sarcastic quips and jokes about my condition.

Back