• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bug Club -- That flyswatter wont do you any good!

Years
PC Username: ProfessorDex
Partner Pokemon (and nickname if any): Kwan the Surskit
Reason of joining: When I was a kid I used to catch bugs. My favorite were ant-lions, because they did cool stuff in sand, and then they turned into dragonflies! (I wasn't an entomologist.) When I got into Pokemon, the first bug type I caught was a Weedle. When it finally evolved into Beedrill I remember being really excited because Beedrill looked so cool. In Second Gen I got to catch a Yanma. I named him Buzzles. (So creative.) Gen 3 led me to Surskit, the cutest bug type ever. I was a little upset when she evolved and turned into a moth thing, so I reset the game, and kept her a Surskit forever. I named her Kwan, because the Pokedex said she skated on water, and I was a fan of figure skating. I actually didn't find out how to get Flygon until years later, because I never found a Trapinch. Then I found out Flygon wasn't even a bug type, which kind of bothered me. (Here's hoping for the Mega!) Yanmega arrived in gen 4, which I was really happy about. And Gen 5 had so many bug types that were awesome. Gen 6 gave me Vivillon, who is adorable.
What's the best Bug Type Move? I think hands down string shot. For me it's a toss up between Sticky Web and Tail Glow. Sticky Web is great as a field hazard, but Tail Glow raises special attack by 3 stages, which is insane. Unfortunately the only Pokemon that get Tail Glow are Manaphy (not a bug), and Volbeat (cool, but unfortunately not very good.). Sticky Web is available on much more useful Pokemon like Galvantula, Shuckle, and Surskit!, so it is able to do more good. Plus it improves your whole team. So I guess I'll have to go with Sticky Web for best Bug Type Move.

Years
Here's another club I could attempt to join, why not.

PC Username: Stargazer
Partner Pokemon (and nickname if any): Scolipede
Reason of joining: Bug-type Pokémon are one of those things that really changed overtime - while they were trash early on (especially in RBY), they really grew overtime. Come the DS era, and then we get things like X-Scissor, but then with Generation V we got so many cool Bug-types like Galvantula, Volcarona, Escavalier, and one of my three favorite Pokémon ever, Scolipede. Which got a nice buff in XY with a bit more Attack and Speed Boost. So yeah, I like Bug-types because of how much they changed as the series went on.
Answer a topic: What do you think should be the next cross typing?
I agree with the above poster, Bug/Dragon would be pretty sick, that's a type they probably could've gave Yanmega instead of going Bug/Flying again. Maybe if it gets a Mega Evolution someday they might revise it like that.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
What do you think should be the next cross typing?

I would really like to see a bug/dragon Pokemon. We've gone too long without this dual typing and I can foresee it to be something lots of people would anticipate. This typing would go very well with hypothetical Mega Flygon and Mega Yanmega.

Back