• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inflatables

Years
Hey all, I am new here and am guessing this is the right place for this post.

So!! back in the mid 90s Woolworth's in Australa had as a promotion display a collection of about 12 inflatable Pokemon figures of about 1 metre in height, i have not seen them anywhere else and they are apparently rare as a collection, i have not been able to find out any information about these figures so was hoping this Community could fill in the blanks for me with information re availability, price etc etc.

Thanks to all in advance Ron

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Been doing some searching and haven't found anything, unfortunately. I'll keep looking, hopefully something comes up. Is there anymore information that you can give?

Years
It was when Pokemon where first released into Australia, Woolworth's had a promotional display of about 10 different inflatable Pokemon figures about 1 meter in height to draw the eye in and then they had all the regular size figures, I would suppose they were the first 10 Pokemon available in Australia. I know of 1 person here that has the complete set but he says they are so valuable that he does not even want to discuss them, this is why i am asking about them as his inability to even talk about them has aroused my interest even more. :) :) aussieron45 :) :)

Years
Wow!!! i thought you guys would have been all over this considering this was at a time that Pokemon was first introduced into Australia, surely someone has some more information about these inflatables. :) :) aussieron :) :)

Years
Wow!!! i thought you guys would have been all over this considering this was at a time that Pokemon was first introduced into Australia, surely someone has some more information about these inflatables. :) :) aussieron :) :)

A lot of our members who are collectors are not Australians, let alone of fairly obscure things that have relatively short lifespans like helium balloons/inflatables used in a store display.

I'd imagine they have some value, but scarcity does not equate to high value if the demand is extremely limited.

The ones in the pic you've posted look like they're from a Gold & Silver release promotional event, since one says "Pokemon Gold and Silver" on it and a couple of the inflatables are Pokemon introduced in the Gold & Silver games.

Years
Thank you for your response @donavannji, what i did not say asi was in a hurry when i posted the pic was the gameboy color inflatable banner was not part of the original promotional display, the guy that owns these just put it in the pic for some reason (i think he wants to sell that 1 as well.) these inflatables are not meant to be Helium filled as they are of the same material as the pool inflatables, poly prop i think. As i mentioned these were set up as a promotional display in Woolworth's when Pokemon was first introduced here in the land down under in 1996. I primarily wanted to find out the value of this collection and thought where else would i find out than the land of all things Pokemon. :) :) aussieron :) :)

Back