• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Engine] Pokémon for Ace

How should Pokemon storage be handled?

• With Yanfly's script.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • With a separate, but unified box.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With individual boxes that is a list of names.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • With individual boxes that shows the overworld graphics of the Pokemon.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Another way. (Please tell me how)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Now I have all the Pokemon sprites in Animated GIF format. What I need now I for someone to convert them to sprite sheets. I recommend the plug-in for Gimp it is quick and easy. What I need is for the BIMP plug-in to recognize the frames as layers and I would be set.

They are located here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByRLSt9SYFG9QUs5dEFSZlR4QkU/edit
Currently, I don't have the female Combusken Sprite for the front because the site I used had it cut off at the top.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
  • A custom battle HUD is set for the Party to use and will soon be there for the Enemies
  • Battle layout set up for party
  • Buffs now don't where off until the battle's end
  • Buff formula is set to funtion like Pokemon
  • Added a music player for the game

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Almost done with compiling tiles...
How is everything set up? Pokémon trainer-wise and encounter-wise? Like in Pokémon Essentials for XP or like the Pokémon Script project?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
thats fine i use photoshop and the new version opens gif images as layers so will use that how would you like the file names

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
Almost done with compiling tiles...
How is everything set up? Pokémon trainer-wise and encounter-wise? Like in Pokémon Essentials for XP or like the Pokémon Script project?
It is done in the map's notebox.
Like so:
Code:
<region swaps>
1-70: 20, 25
570-30: 20, 26
</region swaps>
this sets the encounters of the map to be 70% chance of Bulbasaur and 30% chance of Zorua in region 0. Using [region: x] will change the region. Once the region is changed any new encounters added bellow that notetag are in that region. For more info see the script Region Swaps.
Trainers are done similarly. In the database create a new enemy and specify it is a trainer. Then type the opening trainer information note. Once done any information is info on the first pokemon. Using notes you can add more Pokemon and create multiple teams. Make sure that the trainer section is then closed.
thats fine i use photoshop and the new version opens gif images as layers so will use that how would you like the file names
Name them just as they are in the folder with [anim] on the end. One row sheets.

Crystal Noel

Years
Judging by the screenshots you now have in the first post, the tiles and sprites (and text) looks horribly resized.
The text is the fonts from essentials at size 24. The tiles needed to be upsized from 16 by 16 to 32 by 32 because of VX Ace standards. The sprites are anti-aliased similarly to the Scale2x algorithm to a 1.5 scale to work with the doors. The main reason for this was the original size is too small and the double size is too big. This seems to be best at 1.5 for 2D.

@p.cladon: Could you make static images of the image's first frame under the original name. Some scenes and the frame detector need images that are the size of the frame.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
yh should be able to do so will finish the conversion 1st tho (shouldnt take long to do the 1 frame static)

Crystal Noel

Years
This is something that I want to know before I create the command window in the Pokedex. What should I have in the window for options.
This is the Area, Cry, Info, Forms Window. Note that I plan to popup the data in windows instead of chancing the screen. What I need to know is:
  • Should area be done by popping up the map and highligtning the locations, with a list of areas that it is found at, or just take it out and use the Habbitat List function from BW2
  • Should form pop-up a window with all the froms and you can compare them or should it just cycle the forms in the main window.
  • What else could this window use?

Other than that
--------------------------------------
Update:
  • All ability names and descriptions are in the kit, starting on the effects
  • Fixed a bug with region effects
  • Added custom hit formula's for the more advanced members to use.
  • New additions to the critical hit system

Crystal Noel

Years
Update:
  • Added many new options for custom effects
  • Progresssive Timer
  • Can make events look like Pokemon in Your Party or your character(Now you can put Copycat from Kanto in your fangame)
  • States aquired from certain tiles
  • Parallex Mapping options avalible
  • Cast Animations (Messages go by fast, so this help you know who used what)
  • Moves like Fly and Dig are ready to be created
  • Additional conditions for events
  • Infective States (States can randomly be spread around the battle)
  • Custom Weather
  • Custom Transitions
  • Skill and item selection no longer hide the battlefield
  • Picture Gallery

Crystal Noel

Years
You seem to make progress really fast. Is there a demo or anything we can try?
Depends. Define what should be in the demo at a minimum.

Wow, this is pretty cool that you're making this! Do you need any help with sprites?
Yes. I have people doing most things. I don't have anyone on the following things.
  • VS Sequences. Make the images at the original size and I will use scale2x to re-size them. (Using the Gimp plug-in + the BIMP plug-in) I will attach the current VS image folder to this post, so you can see how it is done.
  • I could use some 96 x 96 pictures of items. Use the Dream World artwork it is the closest in size. If there is not dreamworld artwork then don't make a picture, I acknowledge that not everything can be found in the Dream World.
  • Pokemon window skins are a must have for this kit. I only have 4 I want about 20, so the player can cycle during the game.
  • An image to use for sandstorm weather and for intense sunlight.
  • A faceset for Eggs
  • BW2 Overworlds (e-mail me for the process on how to make the charactersets)
  • Move animations.

Any of the above are good.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
I think I have b&w overworlds on my laptop also I've got custom eggs for most if not all pokémon (somewhere) I'll dig those out and send you them when I find them

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
Alright, I guess I'll try to do attack animations and item icons.

Some questions, though.
1.Do you need the animations VX Ace compatible, or just the sprites to make them?
2.For item icons, should they all be completely seperate?
3.Does it matter what generation these are from?

Crystal Noel

Years
Alright, I guess I'll try to do attack animations and item icons.

Some questions, though.
1.Do you need the animations VX Ace compatible, or just the sprites to make them?
2.For item icons, should they all be completely seperate?
3.Does it matter what generation these are from?

1. VX Ace Compatible. If you want to take it to the next level, then open VX Ace and set up the animations. Make them so that the Pokemon could be places anywhere in the battle field.
  2. They are image previews for Ace Item Menu by Yanfly
  3. Animations = Gen IV or V, Pictures = Dream World Artwork 96 by 96.

Back