• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI/VII Second Frames for Emerald

Years
So far these look alright, but don't just accept willy-nilly. I'm sure you're quality checking lol.

Also you don't need to index sprites, just make them 16 colors and Wichu's editor will be able to import them.

I am doing the vast majority of these by myself, and they are all custom. If they look "alright", I would invite you to maybe offer QC or submit a sprite yourself?

If the sprites are not indexed, how does Wichu's editor know which color is the background? Genuine question, it has never worked for me if I do it without indexing haha But if you're right, that would certainly save some time

this is too cool, i've always been a fan of hacking the emerald rom, and seeing how little effort has been made to do custom sprites for the 6th generations has been sad, but i'm glad to see people putting in an attempt to do it. i've been doing some sprites and want to share some here's litleo and pyroar

https://flic.kr/p/QVWaLp

Thank you for the sprites! They look pretty good! These two were not a priority for me, but I will nonetheless include them in the thread main :)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Afaik it takes the color from the first pixel in the top left corner. I might be wrong, who knows?

By "alright," I mean "these are acceptable to insert into a game in their current state." I was more concerned about the possibility of community dubmissions degrading the wuality of the project, as I am with any opem contribution art projects.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 3, 2017
Thank you for the sprites! They look pretty good! These two were not a priority for me, but I will nonetheless include them in the thread main :)

I have a few more sprites i'm working on, i will be sure to post my work...

Years
I'm gonna be quite honest, I'm excited at the prospect of this thread but a lot of these don't really animate well. An example is the helioptile and amaura sprites, all you did was change the face, there's no body movement. An ideal sprite would be something like the Heliolisk sprite you made, where body movement is shown. You'll very rarely see a teensy change such as facial expression in emerald anims, so it just doesn't fit stylistically. But that's just my onion

Years
I wondering if you could make a sylveon sprite for this, please?
Funny you should ask...
Sylveon
9CwCjAf.png

Better late than never right y'all :)
Klefkei
aKWtIVX.png

Noibat
lliNngu.png

Noivern
aSO1JyW.png

Xerneas
XBMtJBd.png