• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Anime Chat Café

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'm hoping after SM ends there are a few specials and one of them includes Bonnie/Clemont visiting Alola, similar to Cilan meeting them after XY, or Brock meeting Cilan after BW. They usually have characters from past series meet the ones in the next one directly after so it would be fitting.

Bonnie was the breakout character of XY and one of the most popular characters in the series in about a decade and Clemont was a great character and can bond with Sophocles being both electric users. Bonnie would enjoy the Alola girls.

Man it's 3 years later and I still can't get over how good Bonnie was. Her Japanese voice was adorable too. I hope we get to see her at least one more time before she inevitably fades into oblivion like all past characters.

Last edited:

TheBatPrince

Banned
Years
AH in my opinion a Thread of 600+ Posts is a bit too much to keep track of.

However, if I had to shuck in an opinion; I'd say it all went downhill after Season 1. The Games before Crystal were all 11/10, it's just the Show wasn't as good after.

None of it really ever moved me emotionally. That's what Anime is all about. Being truly moved with riveting scenes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm probably one of few who actually have the first series lower on their personal ranking list haha. OS certain has its comedy and nostalgic value but beyond a few notable scenes like bye bye butterfree I actually feel like some of the later generations have me going back and rewatching episodes moreso than the original series has me doing. And it's not an accessibility issue since I know where to find and watch the original series as well as the other previous series with it.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Eh, First season is good for nostalgia, but not my favourite. Though, I'm kinda biased towards Pokemon Scent-sation (because Erika) and The episode with the Bellsprout(Janette, favourite minor character)!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
You aren't the only one. I think Kanto/Johto are some of the weakest episodes of the saga, although there are some good points.

Whirl Cup Arc and Pokemon League in Johto were my favorite in the two sagas, however, Hoenn/Diamond and pearl beat them drastically. Even Unova I can say beats Kanto at least. Kalos is my favorite out of all and Alola... well I have missed mostly every episode because I haven't really cared for it. So it is probably about even with Kanto.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
The Whirl Cup arc is severely overrated IMO. I liked it sure, but it gets praised as being one of the best moments of the Johto saga and I just didn't think it was that good. Misty being the star for the most part was cool, but that only lasted for what, 3 episodes? It wasn't enough.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The Whirl Cup arc is severely overrated IMO. I liked it sure, but it gets praised as being one of the best moments of the Johto saga and I just didn't think it was that good. Misty being the star for the most part was cool, but that only lasted for what, 3 episodes? It wasn't enough.

This is true, I don't think it was the best, but one thing I have always enjoyed in shows and animes, likely because of DBZ, I love tournaments. Anything that has a tournament in it I love, which is a major reason I liked Unova, because there were so many tournaments. This is also why I loved Beyblade, Battle B-Daman, DBZ, Ect.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
holy HECK, the new anime airs tonight / tomorrow.

I'm so curious.

There's no thread for it so I'm screaming in here.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
You certainly can! The new opening is very good, I just heard it recently, so catchy!

Years
Actress Kumiko Okae passed away at age 63 due to pneumonia from coronavirus disease. She voiced Jenny in Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Rest easy Kumiko ❤

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Oh no, I've heard her name over the years. I wish her family well. :(

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With Pokemon Journeys coming to Netflix, do you guys think they will get better voice actors? Or better known voice actors for characters?

Koharu's English voice actress is a fairly huge voice actor who has voiced many female leads including Lucy from Fairy Tail, Asuna from SAO, and Sarada from Boruto. I know the shorts on youtube also used fairly large voice actors.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So..... anyone know why Pokemon Journeys Part 5 has yet to come out on Netflix?
Also I keep reading that Part 5 is the last episodes, which I am having difficulty believing, unless Netflix is canceling it.
I kinda think it should have went to Disney Plus.

Years
So..... anyone know why Pokemon Journeys Part 5 has yet to come out on Netflix?
Also I keep reading that Part 5 is the last episodes, which I am having difficulty believing, unless Netflix is canceling it.
I kinda think it should have went to Disney Plus.

I don't watch the dub but was curious about this too. It's really strange. I did hear that Journeys didn't do too well on Netflix despite the Mewtwo movie remake doing very well though, so hopefully it wasn't because of that. :s

Something that's a bit concerning is this official pokemon.com post that says part 4 will be the 'final installment' of the Journeys saga. Maybe they're just...not going to give us the rest, or they'll be available later down the line elsewhere..?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I know it has been a while, but wanted to say that the reason Part 5 was delayed was because of the title change. This is probably also why they call Journeys Part 4 the final part. Although Part 6 is also taking a really long time coming out, I am not even sure it has been announced yet. So I have no idea what is going on with Journeys right now. I do hope after Journeys, we lose Netflix and go to Disney Plus or something. They have not done well with Pokemon. I don't understand why companies are even playing hop potato with the franchise.

Anyway Pokemon Evolutions has been amazing. They focused on characters that don't tend to get any spot light. With Hilda/White, Berry and Green/Leaf being the leads in their own gen's video. The final one with Mewtwo was probably by far my favorite one though.

Years
Hobestly I feel we need maby like some shorts with Jessie's mimiku and James marinei after the sun and moon anime (if u don't know what happen I don't wana spoil but
Spoiler:
that would be very interesting considering if they leave it only having humans have voice actors they might just use the lil bubble things they sometimes use or maby subtitles (alltho probably not)

Back