• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2012
What would be a reasonable price to sell all of these cards at in one big group? And would I get much more if I sold them all individually?

The cards I have:

Holographic:

Dragonnite (fossil), Wigglytuff, Pidgeot (jungle), Meowth (promo), Clefairy, Kangaskahn (jungle), Kangaskahn (jungle, slight damage), Dark Gyardos (rocket, prerelease), Magneton, Pichu (promo), Electrode,Flareon (jungle), Ninetales, Ninetales (slight damage), Poketour 1999 Pickachu, Dark Golbat (rocket), Venusaur, Scyther (jungle, slight damage), Victreebell (jungle), Nidoqueen, Dark Arbok (rocket), Gengar (fossil), Mew (promo), Dark Hypno (rocket), Machamp (1st edition), Machamp (1st edition), Hitmonchan, Victreebell (jungle), Mewtwo (seems to be in French).

Non Holographic Rare Cards:

Pidgeot (jungle), Kangaskhan (jungle), Pidgeotto, Clefable (jungle), Wigglytuff (jungle), Dragonite (promo), Vaporeon (jungle), Jolteon (jungle), Electrode, Electabuzz, Beedrill, Scyther (jungle), Venomoth (jungle), Beedrill, Vicreebell (jungle), Espeon, Haunter (fossil), Mewtwo (promo), Mew (promo), Misdreavus (promo), Poliwrath, Dugtrio, Imposter Professor Oak (trainer), Misty (trainer), Super Energy Removal (trainer), Dark Magneton (rocket).

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
Got my booster box and sad to say the best pulls I got where non full art lugia ex and non full art cobalion ex, both from plasma gale. Any idea on the price of these

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
How much are these worth:

Legendary collection
Gengar shiny 80hp 11/110

Platnum
houndoom G lv. 45 90hp 50/127

Rising Rivals
Flareon shiny lv. 38 80hp 19/111

Ex team rocket returns
Dark marowak 70hp 7/109

Rising rivals
Quagsire GL lv. 34 90hp 76/117

Ninjask shiny card lv. 42 80hp

bottom of ho-oh legend card 112/123

Legends awakened
Probopass shiny lv. 46 90hp 13/146

Mysterious treasures
ursaring shiny lv. 38 100hp 38/123

platnum
bastiodon lv. 56 130hp 20/127

Dpt-p promos
A mismagius that says rampardos GL lv. 63 90hp 11/111

platnum
vigoroth shiny lv. 28 80hp 64/127

Black and white
samurott shiny 140hp 31/114

supreme victors
shiny garchomp lv. 71 650hp 5/147

secreat wonders
shiny electivire lv. 50 100hp 25/132

Rising rivals
shiny card whiscash elite four lv. 50 80hp 54/111

Rising rivals
Yanmega elite four lv. 49 37/111

Rising rivals
starmie lv. 44 shiny 50/111

Ex ruby and sapphire
breloom 70hp 16/109

HGSS Unleashed
Steelix 120hp 24/95

There will be more but just these for now

Years
Thanks for the info donnavannj.

For the PSA cards, what would be pricing comparison between a non First Edition and a First Edition?
You mentioned that the PSA Dark Raichu would be worth $40-50 and the PSA Shining Charizard is worth $70-85, how much would non-First Edition equivalents cost.

Considering that getting PSA grading costs $20-40, would you say that it's really not worth it to have gotten these cards PSA graded in the first place?

What would be the price of an un-graded Mint First Edition Dark Raichu, and Near Mint First Edition Shining Charizard?

-wgd

The last two PSA 9 non-first edition Dark Raichu cards went for about $18 and $19.
Non-1st Edition version of Shining Charizard seems to be the one at $70 to $85. The 1st Edition PSA graded versions haven't sold in a month, but someone was trying to list one for $315 and someone else was trying to list a bundle at $485 for both the 1st edition and the unlimited print.

Un-graded 1st edition Shining Charizard fetches $100 to $130.

Ungraded 1st Edition Dark Raichu is $12 to $18.

What would be a reasonable price to sell all of these cards at in one big group? And would I get much more if I sold them all individually?

PokeTour Pikachu would be a good bet to sell individually ($20 apiece is what it seems to be fetching), as might your undamaged Ninetales, Venusaur, Dark Gyarados, Magneton, Pichu (which, by the way, is probably not a promo - it's probably from the Neo Genesis set if it's got 2 white stars as the set symbol), and Clefairy, but the rest you could probably sell for $30 to $40 and likely sell it. It might feel a bit undervalued to you, but those rares you list are lucky to fetch $1 apiece.

Got my booster box and sad to say the best pulls I got where non full art lugia ex and non full art cobalion ex, both from plasma gale. Any idea on the price of these

Japanese Lugia EX: $15 to $20
Japanese Cobalion EX: $10 to $15

How much are these worth:

Legendary collection
Gengar shiny 80hp 11/110

Platnum
houndoom G lv. 45 90hp 50/127

Rising Rivals
Flareon shiny lv. 38 80hp 19/111

Ex team rocket returns
Dark marowak 70hp 7/109

Rising rivals
Quagsire GL lv. 34 90hp 76/117

Only doing 5 of these for now, as that's all I've got time for.

... on second thought, I can't tell what you mean by shiny. Do you mean the picture has a holofoil pattern, or that the rest of the card has a holofoil pattern? That makes a difference in the price.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
shiny card- the whole card is holofoiled

shiny- the pokemon picture is holofoil

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
The last two PSA 9 non-first edition Dark Raichu cards went for about $18 and $19.
Non-1st Edition version of Shining Charizard seems to be the one at $70 to $85. The 1st Edition PSA graded versions haven't sold in a month, but someone was trying to list one for $315 and someone else was trying to list a bundle at $485 for both the 1st edition and the unlimited print.

Un-graded 1st edition Shining Charizard fetches $100 to $130.

Ungraded 1st Edition Dark Raichu is $12 to $18.

Thanks for clearing that up. $70 for a First Edition PSA Shining Charizard did seem a bit ridiculous so I had to ask you again.

PSA grading seems like a big waste of money.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2012
Hey all,

I have a lot to ask about so I'll list a bit at a time. And what are the sources for these valuations? I can't seem to find an accurate updated online database for Pokemon cards.

All cards are mint

Neo Destiny:
1st Edition Shining Tyranitar 113/105
1st Edition Dark Typhlosion 10/105

Neo Revelation:
1st Edition Shining Magikarp 66/64
1st Edition Entei 6/64
1st Edition Hooh 7/64

Thanks

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
Hi Guys,
here are some of my cards that I don't know how much they are worth: (all are mint condition, and are earlier than Diamond/Pearl unless marked D&P)
Dark Marowak 7/109
Dark Octillery 8/109
Holo Delta Species Jolteon 7/113
D&P Magnezone 6/100
D&P Magmortar LV.X 123/123
D&P Charizard 3/132
Holo Shiftry ex 97/108
Delta Species Holo Salamence ex 98/101
Delta Species Holo Gyarados 8/110 (ex Holon Phantoms)
Delta Species Holo Rayquaza ex 97/101
D&P Holo Mewtwo LV.X DP28

Multi Energy ex Holon Phantoms 96/110
ex PowerKeepers holo Multi Energy 89/108
Holon Energy 86/101

Thank You Very Much

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2013
Could i get the worth of a Holo Mewtwo? i just got this off a trade with a friend, i really don't play pokemon.

i was told it was first generation, but i'm not so sure.
(it says DP28 at the bottom next to a star symbol. it's not fake but i don't know how old it is, two corners are bent-not too far- but there are no tears)

Last edited:
Years
Mewtwo is a first generation Pokemon, but that card certainly isn't from the first era of Pokemon cards. That card is pretty recent, being printed in 2008. That card is normally worth $8 to $12, but your card would probably fetch $5 to $7 in its condition.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Japanese BW#7 Plasma Gale Shiny Charizard Ultra Rare Holofoil Card 1st Edition #077/070
(Near Mint)

Japanese BW#7 Plasma Gale Shiny Blastoise Ultra Rare Holofoil Card 1st Edition #078/070
(Near Mint)

Random google image of cards
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Hi, was just digging through all my old cards and i found a
*Glurak (german charizard)
*4/102
*1st edition
*shadow
*near mint
just wondering if anyone knows anything about this card.
Thank you for reading

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
http : // aiyume . imgur . com/all/

The above album is all I have concerning holographics. Might you fine gents on this site provide help with prices?

Only the smeargle, hitmonlee, machamp, dark charizard, and a haunted are first edition, sadly.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
My apologies. That issue should now be rectified if you'd be willing to try it again

I have no issues taking more specific pictures for better evaluation, if they're necessary.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I've got a Shining Charizard that was given to me along with a bunch of other cards when I was younger, and I just wanted to see how much it's worth. It's exactly like this:

IMG_0269.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back