• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
It's Grey. (Sorry I'm British and if you look so is Blueguy by the spelling of it).

Canadian. ;D And yes, I am still plodding along. Life's been a bit busy lately, but I'd like to post a good update soon.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Canadian. ;D And yes, I am still plodding along. Life's been a bit busy lately, but I'd like to post a good update soon.

Oops, my bad. Didn't know that's the Canadien spelling too. Can't wait for the update.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Hey guys. I just want to show you a very small update to show I am working on the game. I'm kind of stuck on the Fire Starter right now, to be honest, but I've been working on a new area that'll be really cool. I hope you like Fleurush's sprite, because I think it's one of my best so far.

screenshots5.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The sprite looks good. However, you haven't used any black in the outline, and it's a bit big for a GBA-style sprite...
The region map is very well made; however, the actual layout looks a bit empty... But that could just be me, as it's similar in number of towns and routes to existing maps. Maybe the routes are a bit too straight...

Atomic Reactor

Is the region suppose to not have much elevation change?
Cause it looks pretty boring :[
I also think that the sprites should be different compared to the artwork.
That's just my opinion though.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Nice screenshots, blueguy! I'm sort of happy that you're making the game different from other everyday Pokémon games; you're basically resizing the Pokémon artwork and putting them in sprite form (which is not in FR/LG style), and the graphics are very nice. This is overall a very interesting project, and I can't wait to see what's next!

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Nice screenshots, blueguy! I'm sort of happy that you're making the game different from other everyday Pokémon games; you're basically resizing the Pokémon artwork and putting them in sprite form (which is not in FR/LG style), and the graphics are very nice. This is overall a very interesting project, and I can't wait to see what's next!

Thanks. ;D I can't wait to show you guys what I have planned. Bits and pieces of the storyline are coming together. The one in the first post really doesn't mean anything.

The sprite looks good. However, you haven't used any black in the outline, and it's a bit big for a GBA-style sprite...
The region map is very well made; however, the actual layout looks a bit empty... But that could just be me, as it's similar in number of towns and routes to existing maps. Maybe the routes are a bit too straight...

Haha, I should refrain from posting updates so late at night. It makes me overestimate how well I did stuff! Looking over the sprite right now, I totally agree with you, so I am sharpening the outlines and shading to make it look more official and finished.

Everything I post is a WIP! I love constructive criticism. Also, when I'm doing the sprites, I'm referencing the size/style of DP sprites. Perhaps I should change the resolution of the game then...

Btw, Wichu, you need to go reply to the Tungrasp sprite I did! XD It made me all depressed and not wanting to do more!
Is the region suppose to not have much elevation change?
Cause it looks pretty boring :[
I also think that the sprites should be different compared to the artwork.
That's just my opinion though.

I'm not very good with the elevation levels on region maps, to be honest, but the main idea is that the west of Minenn is rather mountainous and that the east is very flat. I actually totally agree about the sprites. So, I'm probably going to be changing their positions a bit.

Atomic Reactor

Oh, would you like me to try and recreate your map? I'll just make the elevations and stuff look a little more... idk, interesting lol. I edit it for you if you'd like? Don't worry, I won't change the position of any towns or routes :P

Sumirelove

Lazy Arcanine
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 27, 2010
Wow! I like the fakemon you made, and that's the first time I've ever said that. Articub, Fleurush, and Hamchu are really adorable!

Can't wait till it comes out! :)
Good job!

nofamenogame

POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2012
Thanks. ;D I can't wait to show you guys what I have planned. Bits and pieces of the storyline are coming together. The one in the first post really doesn't mean anything.

Haha, I should refrain from posting updates so late at night. It makes me overestimate how well I did stuff! Looking over the sprite right now, I totally agree with you, so I am sharpening the outlines and shading to make it look more official and finished.

Everything I post is a WIP! I love constructive criticism. Also, when I'm doing the sprites, I'm referencing the size/style of DP sprites. Perhaps I should change the resolution of the game then...

Btw, Wichu, you need to go reply to the Tungrasp sprite I did! XD It made me all depressed and not wanting to do more!

I'm not very good with the elevation levels on region maps, to be honest, but the main idea is that the west of Minenn is rather mountainous and that the east is very flat. I actually totally agree about the sprites. So, I'm probably going to be changing their positions a bit.

i say you too should do a joint venture with your fakemon :)
i could write a story 4 u

NoMasterBallsNeeded4Legends

★soɹɹʎ` ıɯ ndsıpǝ poʍu :)★
Years
could i be a beta tester?
i have no expierience, but am great at finding bugs, and contributing ideas and thoughts to make it funnier, or cooler, or serious. whatever you want, i can do
so, how bout it?
contact me through my msn (at top)

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I like the drawn Fakemon, but I agree on the sprited ones needing some work.

I LOVE the new Center & Mart tiles; they remind me of what I'm trying to do with my game's versions (revamp the style so they look original for once).

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Hi to any one that used to follow the game!
I'm starting work on it again, and I hope to show you guys some new stuff soon.
Peace,
-blueguy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back