• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Showcase and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
Y'know you could just make an event saying that the door is locked... XD Don't you have too many houses in the town? Just adding houses with random npc's in them isn't going to make you game any better, don't go overboard with houses.

I don't think you're properly comprehending what I did. In fact, what you're telling me to do IS what I did
9aa670f28d8312a6e5e79c7250af1fdd.png

I would never be able to add 7 houses with full content, it'd be impossibly hard, especially considering that means I'd have to come up with dialogue for each individual house.
No, what I do is, I made some of the houses in the city locked, completely unenterable.
Not to mention the fact that, a "City" is normally a larger town, whereas a town would have a few houses, a City should have probably a few more. That doesn't mean all are able to be entered.

Atomic Reactor

I think you should just have buildings without doors. It doesn't look that ridiculous, plus it would be a pain in the ass to have to go around to every house until you find one that you can actually go in, it's gonna be disappointing everytime. There's nothing wrong with houses without doors, in these games anyway.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
This is the route 2 for my hack, name "Creedence Clearwaters". There's more up there that can be checked out when you have access to surf, but that would spoil stuff, so I'm not gonna include that in the screenshot.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
This is the route 2 for my hack, name "Creedence Clearwaters". There's more up there that can be checked out when you have access to surf, but that would spoil stuff, so I'm not gonna include that in the screenshot.

you didn't post a map... did you mean to attach it?

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
Recreation of Oldale Town and Route 102 in HGSS

14xhu8h.png

Critique?
i know some trees are messed up

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Oldale is really a boring town.XD Anyway, It looks kinda nice, but the NPC houses really don't fit in with the rest of the map. Also I'm not too fond of the grass placement.

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
i tried to replicate Oldale and route 102, then spruced up a bit as i didnt space correctly

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I got Route 1 for my game made by my mapper. Please rate it and tell me how to improve it.
Spoiler:

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
I got Route 1 for my game made by my mapper. Please rate it and tell me how to improve it.
Spoiler:

Looks a little blocky. I would also stick to one type of grass as they contrast.

Also try to make that Upraised hill more natural looking
:L

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Spoiler:

It looks a little.. unnatural. Try and make it less straight and more natural; make the trees a little more less linear, make the raised up hill a little more jagged (but a clean jagged, if you know what I mean) to make it a little more natural.

Whenever you are making a map, always look at it and think 'How can I make this look more real? More natural?' and then just go for it. Keep trying different things until you get what you want.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Well this is embarrassing...

creedancewaters_zpsc27413ea.png

There, fixed.

There's a lot of water.
Perhaps too much, your path seems to go to a width of 1 block, which is never good, keeping it at 2 minimum is ideal, gives the player space to move.

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
here is My "Evolved" version of Oldale/Route 102 without grass.
2viidkp.png

I dont have a tree border around it yet, so it wouldnt be playable. lol

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
here is My "Evolved" version of Oldale/Route 102 without grass.
2viidkp.png

I dont have a tree border around it yet, so it wouldnt be playable. lol

Looks a lot better than the previous map, though I wouldn't put three different house style in the same map. Take a good look at gen IV and gen V maps, they only use one style of house. While there is a lot of empty space still I think that could be filled easily. I speak from personal experience. Look forward to seeing an improved version with the tree border.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
Amazing tiles well done yup no rating on map don't worry.

Last edited:

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
If you didn't want your map review, don't post it in the map reviewing thread.

i wanted it critiqued, while also showing of my new tiles

Here is Oldale/Route 102 revamp
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
@Harvery_Create

I really like this a lot better. I am kind of confused though. There are no entrances/exits and Route 102 isn't there. Unless Oldale Town is meant to have expanded into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back