• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Jun 20, 2021
I seem to have this same problem. I am unable to interact with the bed. I have the wish tag and have all Pokemon except jirachi. The bed acts as if it is from the regular unhacked game. I have tried to do this Monday at twilight. Any assistance would be great, I did all that just to go to the moon haha.

Years
can you please add the ability to change a pokemon's nature using an item (perhaps bought for the battle frontier?)
That's going to require modifications that I no longer have time to make these days, so unfortunately I won't be able to add this. I'm still bogged down right now with things keeping me from even really working on the game.

Hey there, I'm starting up this game. Just at beginning route 101 beginning to catch pokemon, just at 4th pokemon, encountered glitch. Pokemon description text warped around screen, look like this: https://imgur.com/jd8lDtF

I'm using BizHawk 2.5.2 (no not latest but good enough), it's core using mGBA v0.9.
Rom checksum was 605B89B67018ABCEA91E693A4DD25BE3
It's a known glitch that happens when your Pokémon levels up when you capture something, I still don't know how to fix it without removing the feature it's tied to.

I seem to have this same problem. I am unable to interact with the bed. I have the wish tag and have all Pokemon except jirachi. The bed acts as if it is from the regular unhacked game. I have tried to do this Monday at twilight. Any assistance would be great, I did all that just to go to the moon haha.

Just in case, check the clock in the room to make sure it states that the day is Monday. There's apparently an issue on certain systems that makes it appear a day or two inaccurate regardless of the real time. If it does indeed say that it is Monday, you might want to send me your save file so I can try to figure out what is going on. Congratulations on getting that far BTW, it does take quite a lot of effort.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2021
Hey there!
I recently found out about this hack, and I've been playing it a bit, really nice work with it!

I found a couple of things which struck me down as a bit off, which hopefully could be addressed as an optional patch of sorts:

1) When applying any of the HP Panel optional patches, there are also some unwanted side-effects to this. The whole "Bag" colour scheme gets changed to that of whatever HP Panel patch is applied unto it, and not only that, but also the entirety of the Pokemon Center's palette is changed as well it seems. I would suggest perhaps adding an optional patch for the HP Panel that restores the original colors, so that the Bag and the Pokemon Center's palettes are also the same as the original game for those that desire it.

2) I noticed that there's no option in the Clothing Color Changes to make both Brendan and May have a colour scheme similar to that of Ruby/Sapphire (without the green and their blue/red but with their yellow/orange bag). Having said that, I made a patch some years ago that addresses this very thing, and gives both Brendan and May a color scheme similar to that of Ruby/Sapphire, but still keeps the new sprites used in Emerald for them:
https://ufile.io/gw8ltbq9
The main one you're looking for is the "Trainer De-green.ips" patch, that's the one that removes the green colour used in all the Player sprites.
The other two should restore Jynx to her uncensored sprite, and the other addresses the trainers that got censored on localization.

3) On the topic of the Pokemon Center, I noticed that the theme for it has now been changed to that of FRLG. Is there a reason why this was done?
I really like the RSE Pokemon Center theme, as I always thought the FRLG theme relied too much on strings that make it feel flat to the ears.
Could an optional patch be done to change the Pokemon Center theme back to that of RSE instead of FRLG, please?

I think that's all I have noticed so far, if there's something else I notice or can help with it, I'll make sure to drop by with more info.
Thanks again for this hack!

Last edited:
Years
Hey there!
I recently found out about this hack, and I've been playing it a bit, really nice work with it!

I found a couple of things which struck me down as a bit off, which hopefully could be addressed as an optional patch of sorts:

1) When applying any of the HP Panel optional patches, there are also some unwanted side-effects to this. The whole "Bag" colour scheme gets changed to that of whatever HP Panel patch is applied unto it, and not only that, but also the entirety of the Pokemon Center's palette is changed as well it seems. I would suggest perhaps adding an optional patch for the HP Panel that restores the original colors, so that the Bag and the Pokemon Center's palettes are also the same as the original game for those that desire it.

2) I noticed that there's no option in the Clothing Color Changes to make both Brendan and May have a colour scheme similar to that of Ruby/Sapphire (without the green and their blue/red but with their yellow/orange bag). Having said that, I made a patch some years ago that addresses this very thing, and gives both Brendan and May a color scheme similar to that of Ruby/Sapphire, but still keeps the new sprites used in Emerald for them:
https://ufile.io/gw8ltbq9
The main one you're looking for is the "Trainer De-green.ips" patch, that's the one that removes the green colour used in all the Player sprites.
The other two should restore Jynx to her uncensored sprite, and the other addresses the trainers that got censored on localization.

3) On the topic of the Pokemon Center, I noticed that the theme for it has now been changed to that of FRLG. Is there a reason why this was done?
I really like the RSE Pokemon Center theme, as I always thought the FRLG theme relied too much on strings that make it feel flat to the ears.
Could an optional patch be done to change the Pokemon Center theme back to that of RSE instead of FRLG, please?

I think that's all I have noticed so far, if there's something else I notice or can help with it, I'll make sure to drop by with more info.
Thanks again for this hack!

Hey ShadowOne, Thank you for the kind words and resources you've created, I'm glad you decided to play this game. I'd definitely like to add the De-green patch to the collection, as the RS outfit colors do deserve to be in there. I'll also check out the de-censoring ones too. If I use these resources I'll add you in the Credits section.

That issue with the HP Panel colors is pretty weird, I'll have to check that out. I'm sure I changed only palette entry for each, so there may be no good way of preventing the Bag and Pokémon Center issue. I'll certainly try to fix it though.

As for the musical theme of the Centers, I made it so that during the day it's the normal RSE theme and the FRLG one at night. I felt it would be pretty cool to have it switch like that especially since I always felt like the FRLG version had a sort of quieter/colder feel to it. I recall adding a patch that disables the day/night change for all themes, it should affect this one but it's a pretty overbearing solution for just one song. I'll see what I can do about it as well.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2021
Hey ShadowOne, Thank you for the kind words and resources you've created, I'm glad you decided to play this game. I'd definitely like to add the De-green patch to the collection, as the RS outfit colors do deserve to be in there. I'll also check out the de-censoring ones too. If I use these resources I'll add you in the Credits section.

Awesome! Let me know if they did work out and helped towards more optional patches. I'm glad to be able to contribute in any way possible, even if it's with somewhat old patches.

That issue with the HP Panel colors is pretty weird, I'll have to check that out. I'm sure I changed only palette entry for each, so there may be no good way of preventing the Bag and Pokémon Center issue. I'll certainly try to fix it though.

Yeah I found it weird too that I saw a completely different bag and PokeCenter palette when testing out the latest build.
I'll look forward for the fix!

As for the musical theme of the Centers, I made it so that during the day it's the normal RSE theme and the FRLG one at night. I felt it would be pretty cool to have it switch like that especially since I always felt like the FRLG version had a sort of quieter/colder feel to it. I recall adding a patch that disables the day/night change for all themes, it should affect this one but it's a pretty overbearing solution for just one song. I'll see what I can do about it as well.

Ah I tested it around noon time, so that makes sense.
If there's the possibility of making a side-patch for just disabling the theme switching instead of removing the entire day/night cycle, that would be neat.

Thanks for the responses!

Years
Ah I tested it around noon time, so that makes sense.
If there's the possibility of making a side-patch for just disabling the theme switching instead of removing the entire day/night cycle, that would be neat.

Thanks for the responses!

No problem! Though about the day/night switch patch, I mean I think there's one in there that makes it so none of the music switches when the time of day changes. It won't get rid of the cycle itself, only the ASM routine that causes the music to change. I've had others say that some of the alternate music is a little out of place, like the Mart theme at night (which is the version of it I ported from Pokémon Pinball R&S, which I thought would fit well. Same with the Fortree/Secret Base song, even though it's less similar).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2021
No problem! Though about the day/night switch patch, I mean I think there's one in there that makes it so none of the music switches when the time of day changes. It won't get rid of the cycle itself, only the ASM routine that causes the music to change. I've had others say that some of the alternate music is a little out of place, like the Mart theme at night (which is the version of it I ported from Pokémon Pinball R&S,file:///home/samurai0/Downloads/ZHacks/Poke%20Emerald/Original%20HP%20Panel.ips
which I thought would fit well. Same with the Fortree/Secret Base song, even though it's less similar).

I found out I can now upload files here, so here you go.
I have attached all of my optional patches here.

I have also created two extra optional patches...

1) I went back to my palette restoration days from when I worked on the Super Mario Advance 3 color restoration and decided to work on the HP Panel, Pokemon Center, Bag and Pokemon Mart palettes. This new optional patch should restore the original colors to what they were back in Emerald, so that means the yellow-ish hue for the HP Panel, Bag and the Pokemon Center, and the greenish hue for the Pokemon Mart.
2) A new optional patch which restores the original overworld palette for grass and rocks to that of vanilla Emerald.

I checked the Jynx uncensored patch, and it seems it doesn't work with Cosmic Emerald, as the sprite used is completely different from vanilla (though the mini-sprite is uncensored).
I haven't been able to test the sprite uncensoring patch, as I don't have a save file anywhere near a sailor or a swimmer trainer to test it out, so that one remains to be tested.

The RS Player palette does work tho.
Hope these help!

Last edited:
Years
I found out I can now upload files here, so here you go.
I have attached all of my optional patches here.

I have also created two extra optional patches...

1) I went back to my palette restoration days from when I worked on the Super Mario Advance 3 color restoration and decided to work on the HP Panel, Pokemon Center, Bag and Pokemon Mart palettes. This new optional patch should restore the original colors to what they were back in Emerald, so that means the yellow-ish hue for the HP Panel, Bag and the Pokemon Center, and the greenish hue for the Pokemon Mart.
2) A new optional patch which restores the original overworld palette for grass and rocks to that of vanilla Emerald.

I checked the Jynx uncensored patch, and it seems it doesn't work with Cosmic Emerald, as the sprite used is completely different from vanilla (though the mini-sprite is uncensored).
I haven't been able to test the sprite uncensoring patch, as I don't have a save file anywhere near a sailor or a swimmer trainer to test it out, so that one remains to be tested.

The RS Player palette does work tho.
Hope these help!

Thanks, I'll check it all out soon, I've been taking a bit of a break from working on the game lately but as soon as I get back into it I'll try these out. Great job on making these BTW.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2021
Thanks, I'll check it all out soon, I've been taking a bit of a break from working on the game lately but as soon as I get back into it I'll try these out. Great job on making these BTW.

Thank you!
I checked and noticed that several patches of grass and rock in the overworld were still showing the CE's palettes, so I fixed those and now the overworld should properly use the vanilla Emerald's palette if this patch is applied.

I have also tested the Uncensored Trainer sprites patch, and it seems to work fine!
The Psychics, Hex Maniacs and Sailors all show the uncensored sprites. :)

I have reattached the ZIP, hopefully this should be it.
If at all I would probably try to make the uncensored Jynx patch too, but I'll see later on.
I'm quite happy with the current set of optional patches provided, hope others enjoy them too!

EDIT:
I took a dive into NSE, and managed to make a proper Uncensored Jynx optional patch for Cosmic Emerald 😉
And I also added a new optional patch, which makes all of the Badges in the Trainer Card colored!

They're included now in the package. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Shadow's Optional Patches.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 28, 2021
Hi,
The last post i made was about getting Shiny Beldum in Steven's house by Soft Resetting
Currently i am around 20 000 SR
Of course it could be bad luck, but i am still wondering if i am doing it for nothing, because it may never work
Can someone testify that it is in fact possible to have a shiny by SR in this version ?

Also Vortex, you said in the 1st page intro that Rayquaza was 1/200, so that must mean in SR also right ?
You also said that you added a structure that adds more randomness, but i gotta admit i dont know how you can upgrade actual randomness lol. Could this by any chance maybe interfere in SRs ?

Also, i've seen many people on youtube getting a shiny around 2000 or less by egg hatching in 3rd gen. But the chance is also 1/8192 is it ?

Any advices ?
Because i am getting a little desperate ... ^^

Years
Hi,
The last post i made was about getting Shiny Beldum in Steven's house by Soft Resetting
Currently i am around 20 000 SR
Of course it could be bad luck, but i am still wondering if i am doing it for nothing, because it may never work
Can someone testify that it is in fact possible to have a shiny by SR in this version ?

Also Vortex, you said in the 1st page intro that Rayquaza was 1/200, so that must mean in SR also right ?
You also said that you added a structure that adds more randomness, but i gotta admit i dont know how you can upgrade actual randomness lol. Could this by any chance maybe interfere in SRs ?

Also, i've seen many people on youtube getting a shiny around 2000 or less by egg hatching in 3rd gen. But the chance is also 1/8192 is it ?

Any advices ?
Because i am getting a little desperate ... ^^

Hey Themyys, yeah that sounds like some bad luck really, though I won't count out the possibility something may be wrong here. I do still need someone to confirm that the new PRNG system really does work as intended.

I do know however that getting the Shiny Rayquaza is possible though, from my own testing and this video (granted, it's from leaving the area and returning rather than SR'ing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeZ8Bh-0jNw
Happens at about 29min:45sec in the video.

Yeah I haven't heard of any issues with the new PRNG code from the creator(s) of it, but the intention of the new system was to fix Emerald's 'broken' PRNG. Basically the game starts at the same RNG seed of 0 every time it is soft-reset, and also doesn't get a randomness increase from the real-time clock. It does however in Ruby/Sapphire, where the RNG seed starts at 5A0. In Emerald, each individual frame of gameplay will contain the same exact Pokémon data every reset, and the result depends on your TID and SID. This makes it easier to get Shinies in Emerald provided you know the exact frame to aim for when starting the encounter. You might already know these things, but I wanted to put it out there for anyone curious about it.

Save files in CosmicEmerald have the same exact structure as regular Emerald, and are thus cross-compatible. I'd say if you are Shiny hunting for specific things then it's probably best to use a regular Emerald ROM for the time being. Even more-so if you want to RNG-manipulate for them, since the whole PRNG system is different in CE despite supposedly having the same odds.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 28, 2021
Happy to see you respond Vortex hi again :)

Actually i got a shiny Oddish in the safari zone when i was searching for a Modest Houndour. At least i can confirm it is possible to have a shiny by not SRing and no augmented odds like Rayquaza or Jirachi

I am already aware of all the problem behind regular emerald. But the thing that really brings me to continue this quest is that :
If the seed was always 0 then, if i picked the Beldum at the exact same moment each time, he would have the same caracteristics yeah ? Like nature for example.
And i can 100% confirm you that by spamming the A button every soft reset, i have never identified any nature that would appear more often, and i have seen all 26 natures. And because this game is running in 25 fps, and i am 100% sure i did not delay the moment i picked up Beldum by 1 second, then thats what brings me to trust your system and continue my SRs

Last edited:
Years
Happy to see you respond Vortex hi again :)

Actually i got a shiny Oddish in the safari zone when i was searching for a Modest Houndour. At least i can confirm it is possible to have a shiny by not SRing and no augmented odds like Rayquaza or Jirachi

I am already aware of all the problem behind regular emerald. But the thing that really brings me to continue this quest is that :
If the seed was always 0 then, if i picked the Beldum at the exact same moment each time, he would have the same caracteristics yeah ? Like nature for example.
And i can 100% confirm you that by spamming the A button every soft reset, i have never identified any nature that would appear more often, and i have seen all 26 natures. And because this game is running in 25 fps, and i am 100% sure i did not delay the moment i picked up Beldum by 1 second, then thats what brings me to trust your system and continue my SRs

I see, in that case it looks like it may be working properly (hopefully!).

Though 25 fps? That sounds really odd, the normal fps for the GBA games is 59.7275 fps - unless the system you're playing on has a frame limiter?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 28, 2021
Oh yeah yeah sorry i was confused its 60 frame per second
This shiny hunt is really preventing me from fully enjoying the game but thats my choice unfortunately...^^
This is the only missing pokemon for my team. I beat the league one time then i was creating my team for "catching them all" with :
_Dragonite
_Houndoom
_Gengar
_Heracross
_Marowak (with that damn ultra rare thick club lol)
and of course
_Shiny Metagross
All EVs maxed so maybe i will give a try to the Battle Frontier ^^

The 3rd generation game boy games and especially emerald are my all time favorite games so thanks for coming up with this masterpiece again

Wish me luck for Beldum !

Years
Oh yeah yeah sorry i was confused its 60 frame per second
This shiny hunt is really preventing me from fully enjoying the game but thats my choice unfortunately...^^
This is the only missing pokemon for my team. I beat the league one time then i was creating my team for "catching them all" with :
_Dragonite
_Houndoom
_Gengar
_Heracross
_Marowak (with that damn ultra rare thick club lol)
and of course
_Shiny Metagross
All EVs maxed so maybe i will give a try to the Battle Frontier ^^

The 3rd generation game boy games and especially emerald are my all time favorite games so thanks for coming up with this masterpiece again

Wish me luck for Beldum !

Very nice choices for your team, all of those are favorites of mine too. Thanks for the kind words, and good luck with getting that Beldum. I have a Shiny Metagross too but went with RNG manipulation to get one with Adamant for Battle Frontier (had fun trying to hit the right frame!). Named it Phobos.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 14, 2022
how do you get to navel rock? havent played the game yet and just started but i want to use some pokemon from there on my team.

Back