• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dreams (Completed) - Version 1.5.1 now available

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
xSyKDZ9.png

Dreams
Current version: 1.5.1
Discord Link

Dreams is a hack set in a new region with a new story. The protagonist, a traveling trainer, arrives in the region of Solda. In the small community of Thicket Town, they meet a boy who seeks to live up to his brother, the local gym leader. This is their journey through the region as they meet new characters and strive for the Pokémon League.

This hack is designed with a focus on characters and worldbuilding. Though it tells a linear story, the map is sprinkled with optional areas containing useful items and pokémon to reward exploration.

Patch this to a version 1.0 NTSC FireRed ROM using NUPS.
Post questions to the discord if possible; it's the best way to reach me. Documentation and FAQ are available there.
If you freeze in the first cutscene, try a different emulator.

Features:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Download:

For documentation, check the FAQ in the discord server linked above.

Last edited:

Penny55gg

Idiot
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Hey! Just started playing! The hack seems good so far, I just have a question, do you have a sheet with gym leader levels? I wanna set caps during my playthrough so I don't overlevel!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Just started, looking forward to a good hack. One question, is there any documents on the full list of Pokemon in this game?

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
One of the options seems a tad bit glitchy and I get some weird text when I attempted to save the game for the first time. I also for some reason had a team of 6 bad eggs.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 9, 2023
Yeah the game freezes at the beginning of the game after talking to the dunsparce girl.

Years
I found a bug on DexNav.

Always when I press a button, the message: "Ekans couldn't be found nearby. Try looking in a different area!" appear.

Years
Some doubts:

- How could we get cut and rock smash? Im already finish 3nd gym and have no HMs.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
Thanks for the support, everyone!

Hey! Just started playing! The hack seems good so far, I just have a question, do you have a sheet with gym leader levels? I wanna set caps during my playthrough so I don't overlevel!

Their highest levels are as follows:
Spoiler:

do you have a discord server?

No. Would it be helpful to make one? I'm not very experienced with discord.
Edit: I made one! It's in the OP.

One of the options seems a tad bit glitchy and I get some weird text when I attempted to save the game for the first time. I also for some reason had a team of 6 bad eggs.
Yeah the game freezes at the beginning of the game after talking to the dunsparce girl.

Konner and Aidan, are you patching a version 1.0 NTSC ROM of Firered? I've had this issue when patching version 1.1 ROMs but not with version 1.0 ROMs.

Some doubts:

- How could we get cut and rock smash? Im already finish 3nd gym and have no HMs.

Thank you!

You'll get them later. You haven't missed anything.

Just started, looking forward to a good hack. One question, is there any documents on the full list of Pokemon in this game?

If you mean a document that lists where to find certain Pokemon, I don't have a formal document ready. But if there's a specific Pokemon you're looking for I can tell you where it is.
If you mean a list of what Pokemon are included, it's all of gens 1-7 and a handful of Fakemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
If you mean a document that lists where to find certain Pokemon, I don't have a formal document ready. But if there's a specific Pokemon you're looking for I can tell you where it is.
If you mean a list of what Pokemon are included, it's all of gens 1-7 and a handful of Fakemon.
That also includes all Ultra Beasts? In that case can I ask where/when I'll encounter a Poipole? And I wouldn't mind knowing all of the fakemon if that's OK.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
That also includes all Ultra Beasts? In that case can I ask where/when I'll encounter a Poipole? And I wouldn't mind knowing all of the fakemon if that's OK.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Cool hack. Menu is very laggy on mGBA (scrolling up/down from say Pokemon to Bag is very slooow).

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 9, 2023
Thanks for the support, everyone!

Their highest levels are as follows:
Spoiler:

No. Would it be helpful to make one? I'm not very experienced with discord.
Edit: I made one! It's in the OP.

Konner and Aidan, are you patching a version 1.0 NTSC ROM of Firered? I've had this issue when patching version 1.1 ROMs but not with version 1.0 ROMs.

You'll get them later. You haven't missed anything.

No it's Johngba glitch

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
Cool hack. Menu is very laggy on mGBA (scrolling up/down from say Pokemon to Bag is very slooow).

I haven't encountered this issue personally but another user had it happen when they changed the button mode in the options to LR and L=A. They fixed it by setting the button mode back to Help and restarting their emulator.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
hey, first of all I just started this hack and I am loving it! it may be linear but it feels so open with exploration and I'm only at the first badge, team selection is so diverse before one badge, so I really give props for that.

just some questions I have before I progress in the game and build my team
- where can eviolite and evolution items/stones be found? (if it isn't one central location then just the leaf stone)
- is their an ability switcher/hidden ability pill? I got a shiny Mincinno but with it's least viable ability, Cute Charm :(
- is their a nature changer and iv/ev checker?

Back