• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] You think these new games will introduce any new creatures?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I'm personally hoping for any of these new games to introduce No. 899 so that we can kick off gen9 with 900+, which would be interesting. Your thoughts?

pkmin3033

I don't think it's entirely out of the question, as mid-gen introductions are a thing they've been doing since Gen III, with entirely new Pokemon from a dex standpoint from Gen VI, so we might see some new Legendary that Arceus created around then or something. I expect it'd be more than one though, and tbh I'm expecting a different form for Arceus more than I am something entirely new.

Years
i personally think there won't be any new pokemon and obviously a very cut pokedex. It says we are gonna make the first Sinnoh pokedex, therefore I think we will mainly encounter pokemon we have already met in the Sinnoh region

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
There's more than likely going to be no new Pokémon.

After all, it is Sinnoh just at an earlier point in time.
It'd be unusual to make new Pokémon that are then not around during D/P

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
Years
the most i would expect is maybe a new form or 2, sinnoh variants of the final starter forms would be cool (especially you samurott, like, you were almost a perfect starter line atleast in my opinion)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Probably not. It's Game Freak, making a kind of game they've not made before, expectations for certain things need to be kept low.

From a lore standpoint it wouldn't be weird to see "new" Pokemon or new forms though. While we don't know exactly how long ago L:A takes place, it's likely long enough ago that it would be possible to see Pokemon or forms of certain Pokemon that were only around at that time in Sinnoh and went extinct or changed into a new form or moved elsewhere by the time of modern Sinnoh in DPPt.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 21, 2021
I'm kinda excited for the game, but not expecting much because it's Game Freak.

All I'm expecting is a huge map with a great variety of Pokémon(even in Sinnoh) and maybe some nice tasks to keep completing.

Would be pretty nice a good story around Arceus.

We had Meltan and Melmetal revealed sing Pokémon Go and Let's Go compatibility, so, I guess even not huge chance, could happen.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
I think I'd expect more different forms than new Pokemon.

That said, considering we have Rowlett and Oshawott in the game (and they certainly weren't in Sinnoh in the originals), I wouldn't completely rule new Pokémon out either.

Years
There's more than likely going to be no new Pokémon.

After all, it is Sinnoh just at an earlier point in time.
It'd be unusual to make new Pokémon that are then not around during D/P

While I do agree that we probably won't see any new pokemon, I think they could easily make it work to have a new pokemon native to Sinnoh.
With the release of BDSP they've got a free pass to rewrite/add in new elements to sinnoh, so they could easily have a new ancient event pokemon in Legends and then have a small event in BDSP where the focus is that a super old pokemon has been discovered

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
Years
If you're talking about a game setting that dates back to pre D/P, I highly doubt it. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they attempt alternate forms.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I doubt we'll get brand new ones because hey, game set in the past. Maybe give me like, unfossilized versions of fossil Pokemon or something.

Shh I know it's not set millions of years ago so that wouldn't really make sense

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 27, 2022
It could be a good time to introduce some more fossils. It's not impossible for pokemon to have gone extinct between this game and current times!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I doubt we'll get brand new ones because hey, game set in the past. Maybe give me like, unfossilized versions of fossil Pokemon or something.

Shh I know it's not set millions of years ago so that wouldn't really make sense
Yeah basically this. However, clearly they're into the idea of having pokemon there that don't live in contemporary Sinnoh at least :) With everything that's new and different with this title I honestly feel like we don't need new pokemon in it.

That being said... You know how they love to introduce seemingly random new legendariea or pseudo legendaries... Can they resist that cash grab? Lore be damned.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Direct spoilers.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What did I say hehe. The Hisui region got some awesome new evos! The new forms of existing pokemon looked pretty cute too c:

Back