• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for feedback on my crazy romhack, Pokémon Chaos Emerald!

Years
chatot.png
Pokémon Chaos Emerald v2.4!
WELCOME, to the absolutely CHAOTIC world of Pokémon Chaos Emerald!

Pics-Art-09-02-01-42-41-01.jpg

Spr_2c_120_s.png
Get ready to battle in some of the strangest and most unique battles you've ever battled in a pokemon game before! This is in no way, shape, or form a normal difficulty hack!

This is a funny little difficulty hack I've made that's full of things that pokemon fans love including some old beta pokemon that were scrapped long ago

imageedit-6-7112520025.png
Spoiler:

Spr_2c_190.png
Lots of changes have been made to make the game better than ever!
Including no need to teach field HMs, more engaging and surprising battles, fairy type, night time, some new moves and abilities, and most important of all, the removal of that stupid fish gyarados (I hate gyarados!)
The game also features almost all of the pokemon from gens 4-7 including chatot (duh), riolu, solosis, alolan raichu, MEGA EVOLUTION, and much more! There's also a gen 8 pokemon line sneaking around in the shadows, can you find them?

torchic.png
Spoiler:

Spr_4d_258.png
This fanhack also adds some fun quality of life features!
You can use your starter unevolved but with the stats of a fully evolved pokemon (level them up holding a regular potion at any evolution stage they'll turn into their X variants, which are basically the first stages of them but much more powerful (basically the first stages of them but with the stats of a fully evolved pokémon). You can switch back between the X forms and the fully evolved by having them level up holding a super potion). So now you can carry your cute little Torchic and Mudkip all the way to the Elite 4 without having to worry about them being too weak!

Spr_2c_175_s.png
Spoiler:

Spr_3f_133.png
You can even purchase rare candies!
Bag_Rare_Candy_Sprite.png

In some pokemarts such as the rustbaro mart and ever grande city you can buy rare candies for a low price to prevent having to grind too much, they'd also be really useful if you feel the game is getting too difficult too. I don't recommended going too high over the gym leaders however or else the game will be too easy haha

Spr_2c_179.png
I'm glad to announce that EV training is not required to finish the rom hack! I've beaten it twice with zero ev training whatsoever

Spr_2s_177.png
The hack is basically complete and 100% playable from start to finish!

Spr_2s_001.png
Pretty much all of the major battles are modified with fun including the first Gym Leader rematches and the Meteor Falls battle against Steven!

Imageedit-1-5460900467.png
So please have fun playing my silly rom hack! There's a lot of surprises waiting for you...

Spoiler:

Included in the download link below is the Version 2.4 Milkyway UPS patch file (released 9/24/21) , documentation that you should read, and a small text file that teaches you how to patch if you don't know how!

Spr_3e_327Norman4.png

WARNING: This hack doesn't support old VBA or mVBA, use a more accurate emulator like VBA-M! If you're playing on android I recommend John GBAC

Spr_2c_135.png
CREDITS
Spr_2c_196.png

POKEMON LIBERATE EMERALD ROMBASE BY LI YUN

BOX ART BY ANONYMOUS

NEW SPRITES BY ATECAINCORP. AND JAPEAL.COM

NO HMS PATCH BY YATOOMA/DEARMAN4

OTHER SPRITES AND ICONS BY DYNAMIC POKEMON EXPANSION, MRDOLLSTEAK, THEDARKDRAGON11, POKEFARM

ITEM SCRIPTS BY PHENOM2122

SOME VOICE LINES BY TED LEWIS AND VINESAUCE

BATTLE ENGINE AND NIGHT CYCLES BY DIZZYEGG

EV DISPLAY BY jiangzhengwenjz

PLAYTESTED BY TOLLEYPLAYS ON TWITCH.TV AND ARKARDIAN

if I'm missing any credits or if there's any crazy bugs let me know :}
and most importantly, enjoy the show!

P.S if you hear any weird screeching noises during your battles, its because they aliens are so intrigued by your battles that they have no choice but to come down and watch. They're a very interruptive and loud crowd indeed.

Spr_2s_079.png
FAQ
Spoiler:

41-HXUK8ed-ZL-64x64.png
Boss level ranges
Spoiler:

Spr_4h_194_m.png
Discord Community!

The romhack is basically complete and playable from start to finish, however I'd love to hear some feedback about your experience with the hack and even ideas on how I can improve the hack in future updates!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 20, 2023
Spoiler:

this romhack looks awesome im hyped to try it out already

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2022
Can't wait to try this rom out, the new adds looks crazy but amazing !! Currently playing the full emerald version made by Takylosaure (Poketrash) and will put it on standby until I discover what's in here? Might as well right a review later :) Cheers

Days
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2023
I've been dying to test this rom out since the new features seem really cool. Takylosaure's (Poketrash) complete emerald version is now playing in the background as I investigate more. I suppose I should write this review now. Cheers!

phrazle

Back