Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread

Old September 27th, 2012 (1:34 PM).
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
    Red and blue(leaf green) were already remade. Right now only RSE need to be remade. We have had Kanto too much. Thank god there's no sign of it in 5th gen.
    Old September 27th, 2012 (3:30 PM).

Nature: Hasty
      @MrGriszell

Yes I was speaking about Gen 3 remakes. Gen 1 and 2 we needed. Gen 3 we don't. If everyone is saying the only reason we need Gen 3 remakes is because of older Pokemon, then we don't need Gen 3 remakes at all as you can get all(cept Deoxys) of the Hoenn Pokemon between Diamond/Pearl and Black2/White2. (Time not just those four games lol)

Gens 2 and 4 Kanto still don't count. No real story. Only point of them being there was to not extend Johto anymore than a little bit and to give a reason to battle Red. 4/5ths of anything considered a story is Johto based. Barely anything existed in what was left of Kanto which really isn't much at all. They could have easily done without Kanto.

Only reason Gen 3 needs any sort of update is cause of story. That's the only thing that gets altered that isn't graphic related. Anything graphic related can be carried over to support Gen 1 remakes/updates again.
      Old September 27th, 2012 (4:42 PM).

i do agree that gen 1 and 2 were needed. but they could make gen 3 where they can have things happen at only a certain point making it easy for everyone to get all of the pokemon in gen 3. people never experienced having every legendary. like latios AND latias. and it was hard to trade using a link cable. (that was a horrible idea XD) and deoxys and jirachi. like you could only get deoxys or jirachi after the elite four. and latias and latios after the eighth gym. good idea? i understand if its not.

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
        3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
        Old September 27th, 2012 (5:06 PM).
        HAIL HYDRA!

Maybe we don't need it, but there are new Pokemon fans every day. We've played the game, and now it's their turn. Remember, its been almost ten years since those games were originally released. These 6,7,8,9,10 year olds may have never gotten to play those games.

But the bottom line is these series makes money. Its about the money. If they can update a game and put a full price tag on it. They will.
        Old September 28th, 2012 (8:08 AM).
        Madara

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
          Maybe we don't need it, but there are new Pokemon fans every day. We've played the game, and now it's their turn. Remember, its been almost ten years since those games were originally released. These 6,7,8,9,10 year olds may have never gotten to play those games.

But the bottom line is these series makes money. Its about the money. If they can update a game and put a full price tag on it. They will.
          While money is important for a bussiness , game freak is not the type to put a game out there just for the money. If they put something out its because they believe its a good fun quality game, and its because of that they make tons of money. I think it's because satoshi tajiri has a form of Autism. What I mean by that is , the world we live in is full of bad influences and mostly all the that rubs off on children who grow up to care only about money cough cough ( Mitt Romney) but I think because of his situation he focused on something that he loved and he wanted to bring that to every one.Pokémon Red and Green took six years to produce, and nearly bankrupted Game Freak in the process; often, there was barely enough money to pay the employees.Five employees quit, and Tajiri did not take a salary, instead living off of his father's income.Investment from Creatures Inc. allowed Game Freak to complete the games, and in return, Creatures received one-third of the franchise rights.

I'm telling you I have great respect for this guy and what he has created.

So if some type of remake comes out ,we can Guarantee its gonna be a Superior quality game
          Old September 28th, 2012 (4:01 PM).
          The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
            Why do you refuse to buy a 3DS? I keep seeing this, mostly from people who think the 3DS is another "Super DS". The 3DS is a totally new system. It is not an upgraded DS like the DSLite and DSi. It is pretty much like a handheld Wii.
            Actually, the power level's nestled between those of the Gamecube and the Wii
            Old September 28th, 2012 (8:50 PM).

For the people who think Masuda will announce Hoenn at Smash...
              http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1425

Quote:
              Masuda Appears for a 'Pokémon B2W2' Battle Lecture!
              Old September 28th, 2012 (9:45 PM).

That's even worse than a surprise event D=

I want some random legendary giveaway now!
                Old September 28th, 2012 (11:00 PM).
                <Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
                  I'd rather have battrio than that lmao.
                  Old September 29th, 2012 (2:57 AM).

Nature: Gentle
                    What a pity!

So I'm sure the next games will be annouced next year very early like they did with BW and BW2.
                    Old September 29th, 2012 (9:30 PM).
                    Madara

What kinda special features would you guys want ? Which characters from other generations would you like to see?
                      Personally I'd like an enhanced menu that we saw in HG/SS along with the follow me feature. Also I'd think it be cool if we saw some of the Seven Sages we didn't see in BW2. I think it was said they were strong trainers collected from many different regions , maybe one of them was from Hoen. I would also like some post game side story that gives more story to Archie and Max. Wouldn't it be cool if it was possible after you become champion you can watch over your fathers gym( let's say every Friday) and take on challengers kinda like the battle facility? Also I would want them to comment on the timeline such as The events in R/B taking place years ago.

Think about it can kinda be a R/B remake to. You know how in HG/SS you have rematches with the gym leaders after you get there numbers? Well instead of a PWT like in BW2 we meet Kanto leaders around hoen post game. The thing is they would be part of the post game plot. So once you finish there story they could give you there number for a rematch. But get this they would have updated appearances ( look older or at least different clothing) and during there side quest , we can be shown flashbacks( memory link style) to show us what's happening in Kanto (X) amount of years after gen 2

Something like this would be awesome
                      Old September 30th, 2012 (12:26 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
                        What kinda special features would you guys want ? Which characters from other generations would you like to see?
                        Personally I'd like an enhanced menu that we saw in HG/SS along with the follow me feature. Also I'd think it be cool if we saw some of the Seven Sages we didn't see in BW2. I think it was said they were strong trainers collected from many different regions , maybe one of them was from Hoen. I would also like some post game side story that gives more story to Archie and Max. Wouldn't it be cool if it was possible after you become champion you can watch over your fathers gym( let's say every Friday) and take on challengers kinda like the battle facility? Also I would want them to comment on the timeline such as The events in R/B taking place years ago.

Think about it can kinda be a R/B remake to. You know how in HG/SS you have rematches with the gym leaders after you get there numbers? Well instead of a PWT like in BW2 we meet Kanto leaders around hoen post game. The thing is they would be part of the post game plot. So once you finish there story they could give you there number for a rematch. But get this they would have updated appearances ( look older or at least different clothing) and during there side quest , we can be shown flashbacks( memory link style) to show us what's happening in Kanto (X) amount of years after gen 2

Something like this would be awesome
                        Bottom part would be cool cept general knowledge right now has R/S/E happening at the same time as R/B/Y. Also if we met the Sages we wouldn't know them as they could be a bit younger or have different sprites.

I think they'd just keep the Battle Frontier as the main Post game attraction for R/S/E. Only enhancements I want are with the Decorating your own Secret base.
                        Old September 30th, 2012 (9:26 PM). Edited September 30th, 2012 by soopaord.

Anyone know why the Hoenn Trainer Battle Music is in BW2? More subtle hints?
                          http://youtu.be/AAdNIs3XUKU

I wanna say it's fan made, but the description says "All audio and visual content in this video is property of Nintendo / GameFreak."
                          Old September 30th, 2012 (9:31 PM).
                          What did you say about my hair

All I can ask for is a secret base.
                            Maybe have it so it could work without having to connect to people, through the 3DS passby feature, or whatever it's called.

It would be pretty neat to see random people's bases.
                            Old October 2nd, 2012 (4:51 PM).
                            The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Kranic View Post
                              All I can ask for is a secret base.
                              Maybe have it so it could work without having to connect to people, through the 3DS passby feature, or whatever it's called.

It would be pretty neat to see random people's bases.
                              @Kranic: It's called StreetPass. And I wouldn't mind the return of the Pokéwalker's functionality via this feature either, but I don't know if Nintendo would want GameFreak to do that or not…
                              Old October 2nd, 2012 (5:37 PM).
                              Madara

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
                                @Kranic: It's called StreetPass. And I wouldn't mind the return of the Pokéwalker's functionality via this feature either, but I don't know if Nintendo would want GameFreak to do that or not…
                                Nintendo doesn't micro manage GF like that. They only own 1/3 of the company along with creatures inc. and even tho nintendo owns creAtures companies usually let their Subsidiaries run with creative control
                                Old October 2nd, 2012 (7:00 PM).
                                Hoenn in 3D!

Nature: Calm
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                                Bottom part would be cool cept general knowledge right now has R/S/E happening at the same time as R/B/Y. Also if we met the Sages we wouldn't know them as they could be a bit younger or have different sprites.

I think they'd just keep the Battle Frontier as the main Post game attraction for R/S/E. Only enhancements I want are with the Decorating your own Secret base.
                                I'm not even going to try to get into a full-blown argument about how the timeline doesn't necessarily have to be full law but...even if the sages or whomever appeared post game, it doesn't necessarily have to be a complete canon one; look at the Hoenn leaders in BW2 as an example, none appear to have aged at all despite said games taking place how many years later? If they really wanted it to mean full law, they would more than likely make all changes. Either that or Hoenn doesn't have an official place yet.

As for features, I'm still thinking over what other uses secret bases will have. I'm also one looking forward to seeing a mossdeep rocket launch in 3d.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
                                Old October 2nd, 2012 (7:18 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
                                  I'm not even going to try to get into a full-blown argument about how the timeline doesn't necessarily have to be full law but...even if the sages or whomever appeared post game, it doesn't necessarily have to be a complete canon one; look at the Hoenn leaders in BW2 as an example, none appear to have aged at all despite said games taking place how many years later? If they really wanted it to mean full law, they would more than likely make all changes. Either that or Hoenn doesn't have an official place yet.

As for features, I'm still thinking over what other uses secret bases will have. I'm also one looking forward to seeing a mossdeep rocket launch in 3d.
                                  Except theres the chance that they wouldn't be sages then. You can justify aging skip, but none of the sages would be sages at that time so they wouldn't be wearing their sage suits or even be known as members of Team Plasma if they weren't scouted. If they were scouted then they'd have been in Unova with Ghetsis.

None of the sprites changed because none of them aged physically enough to need new sprites. Some got changes due to updated uniforms or resprites in the past, but not all of them aged between the game set.

Since the events of R/S are supposed to be before the events of B/W I can't see them putting plasma members in there.
                                  Old October 2nd, 2012 (7:41 PM). Edited October 2nd, 2012 by C Payne.
                                  Hoenn in 3D!

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
                                  Except theres the chance that they wouldn't be sages then. You can justify aging skip, but none of the sages would be sages at that time so they wouldn't be wearing their sage suits or even be known as members of Team Plasma if they weren't scouted. If they were scouted then they'd have been in Unova with Ghetsis.

None of the sprites changed because none of them aged physically enough to need new sprites. Some got changes due to updated uniforms or resprites in the past, but not all of them aged between the game set.

Since the events of R/S are supposed to be before the events of B/W I can't see them putting plasma members in there.
                                  Oh I didn't mean the sages specifically, haha, I guess that was a bad example for my point. I got a bit wrapped up with that conversation. :P

Going along with all of this, gsc/hgss are 3 years after rby/frlg(and supposedly rse as everyone is saying), dppt take place sometime after them, bw take place years after that, and bw2 are 2 more years after that. That's like 7-8 years at the least? Plenty of time to have a physical appearance change if you ask me, especially considering how old(wattson) and young(flannery) some if the leaders were.

All this aside, I wonder what cameos will appear either way, obviously will have some.

Old October 2nd, 2012 (8:53 PM).
                                  Madara

Well if they remake R/S and say it takes place during BW , then the the timeline would change. I don't think it would be that big of deal. There was nothing the forcefully binding gen 1 and gen 3 to the same time periods.

And if that's a problem a sequel would work perfectly. It would take place 7-8 years later so we can have mostly all new gym leader and elite four. So we would get a remake in terms of the same region and same pokemon , but a entirely new game story wise
                                    Old October 3rd, 2012 (2:12 AM).
                                    Hoenn in 3D!

Quote:
                                    Well if they remake R/S and say it takes place during BW , then the the timeline would change. I don't think it would be that big of deal. There was nothing the forcefully binding gen 1 and gen 3 to the same time periods.
                                    That's one of the things I was trying to get at; There's not too much to go by that outright shows that, although people tend to grasp at straws when it comes to that kind of talk either way.

Old October 4th, 2012 (2:56 PM).
                                    The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Quote:
                                      Nintendo doesn't micro manage GF like that. They only own 1/3 of the company along with creatures inc. and even tho nintendo owns creAtures companies usually let their Subsidiaries run with creative control
                                      Well, if Nintendo allowed GameFreak to make this decision by simply ignoring details like this, then I would be happy, capiche?
                                      Old October 4th, 2012 (6:02 PM).
                                      Madara

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
                                        Well, if Nintendo allowed GameFreak to make this decision by simply ignoring details like this, then I would be happy, capiche?
                                        Lol whatever you say boss
                                        Old October 6th, 2012 (9:14 AM).
                                        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                                        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                                          If RSE does take place is the past it could have the PwT (with Alder participating rather than either Steven or Wallace depending on who they decide to keep).

I just had a though, perhaps they could keep Steven for the Ruby remakeand Wallace for the Sapphire. Steven has to do Steel and precious stones which can be found in the Earth (ground) while Wallace is obvious...plus it could be a small hint to DP remakes...though it could be vice versa like how Hg had Kyogre and Ss had Groudon (aka 1 ( current remake )-2 (future remake) version 2(cr)-1 (fr) version.)

Also whoever says that Gen VI is going to follow B2W2 simply due to all gen V events being released are forgetting that Arcues event was followed by remakes and like four or was it five... events (the last which connected to gen V) for said remakes (Mew, Celebi, Soul Dew, Shiny beasts...which would make it 6, and Manaphy (7)(Idr if this was just japanese or if it came to the Us as I didn't get it...).
                                          Old October 6th, 2012 (12:38 PM).
                                          Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                                            If RSE does take place is the past it could have the PwT (with Alder participating rather than either Steven or Wallace depending on who they decide to keep).

I just had a though, perhaps they could keep Steven for the Ruby remakeand Wallace for the Sapphire. Steven has to do Steel and precious stones which can be found in the Earth (ground) while Wallace is obvious...plus it could be a small hint to DP remakes...though it could be vice versa like how Hg had Kyogre and Ss had Groudon (aka 1 ( current remake )-2 (future remake) version 2(cr)-1 (fr) version.)

Also whoever says that Gen VI is going to follow B2W2 simply due to all gen V events being released are forgetting that Arcues event was followed by remakes and like four or was it five... events (the last which connected to gen V) for said remakes (Mew, Celebi, Soul Dew, Shiny beasts...which would make it 6, and Manaphy (7)(Idr if this was just japanese or if it came to the Us as I didn't get it...).
                                            Didn't HG/SS come out before Arceus' official release? Thought his event was for HG/SS. That's why people are saying gen 5 is over and gen 6 is next.

Quick Reply