• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I've been looking over all the posts in the thread, and I'm just so impressed. The way you just come up with these scripts... It's inspired me to at least make a feeble effort to try to understand scripts in general and even toggle around with them to see what I can do. :)

As I posted ages ago, I still really want a Wichu! They're just incredibly cute. If you do any more Sugimori-style art, it'd be really cool to see Wichu.

Also, you should update your first post with some of the updates you've been posting, such as the Sugimori-style art for the Starters. ;D Otherwise, it takes quite a bit of thread-scouring. XD

calmd

Nerdy Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
I CANT FIND THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON!!(such a noob)...I REALLY WANNA PLAY!!

Last edited:

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
And make sure to read the rules before posting in the game showcase or anywhere cause you can't ask for release dates.

P.I.E.86

I make sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2015
There names are on the first post...
First post? I see the starter names. They're Dipleaf, Ignicub, and Axolitl. I didn't see the names of their evolutions on the first post or first page. I'll just assume there are no names as of yet.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2009
wow you are a good graphics artist. i wish i had that talent, unfortuneately i'm a C++ Programmer.

P.I.E.86

I make sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2015
Wichu if you ever need help spriting I can help you out. I made the charizard in my avatar using your tutorial.

Years
I really think that what ur doing is really AWESOME ! x3
I wouldn't mind buying a game like this ! ^^
can't wait for you to finish it xD .. good luck and if u ever needed help I'm not good at spiriting but I'm good at banners ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Haha, I haven't replied to this thread in ages :P

Wichu if you ever need help spriting I can help you out. I made the charizard in my avatar using your tutorial.
Not bad; there's a few minor problems (for example, there's a bit too much dithering and some of the curved lines look a bit jagged). If you want to help out, could you join the dev forum? I have a list of sprites that need to be done there.
Wichu, what did you use as base for your fakemon? I know about this.
Hmm...
Well, Chacaw is based on a macaw, a type of parrot.
Bushby's name is a corruption of bushbaby, which is a type of monkey.
Wichu is a mouse (there's always a Pokémon similar to Pikachu in every generation).
Argaze is based on insects which have eye patterns on their wings to scare off predators.
Ignicub is a bear cub, specifically a sun bear.
Dipleaf is based on a diplodocus, but with a shorter neck (see its dex entry).
First post? I see the starter names. They're Dipleaf, Ignicub, and Axolitl. I didn't see the names of their evolutions on the first post or first page. I'll just assume there are no names as of yet.
The starter evolutions haven't been revealed yet; you'll have to wait until it comes out to find out.
I'd like to say that i've got my first scratch sprite ready. i call it SPIRITALE.
Well, why don't you post it? I don't know whether to accept you if I can't see how good you are...
Ok, my bad, im new to all of this, exlpain to me the differneces and other stuff, i know now that these are not hacks, just remakes with differences right?
A 'hack' is a modification of an existing Pokémon game. It uses the same coding, but with changed sprites, maps and events. A 'game' is made without using the coding from a real Pokémon game. In this case, I'm using the Pokémon starter kit by poccil. A 'game' has the advantage of being able to easily see and edit the code, unlike a ROM hack, where you have to use ASM (which is a lot more confusing). A 'game' also has less hardware limitations, since a ROM hack is limited to the things a GBA can do.
Hey, do you need a custom Drifloon sprite?
Sorry, that's one of the Pokémon we already have a sprite for.

Anyway, progress has been slow lately. I'm picking up pace again, though; there will hopefully be a release this summer, or if you're lucky, earlier. Don't count on it, though; I've said that before :P

Some small teasers:
Dipleaf2.png
Ignicub2.png

I've edited the other two starter Pokémon sprites to match their official art (finally). Axolitl's design hasn't changed, so the sprite's staying.

Screenshot267.png
Screenshot268.png

A nice visual effect for caves :O

Finally, we're still looking for staff members. The most needed ones are, at the moment, overworld spriters and someone experienced with an audio-editing program who could make cries for the new Pokémon. If you're talented at either of these two, please contact me!

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
The sprites are looking good, and the lighting in the caves is great. I'd be willing to contribute some overworld sprites, if you want. Are you doing D/P-styled now?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'm actually using my own style; however, it's quite similar to D/P. If you still want to help, could you register on the dev forum? I posted some basic templates there; however, you'll probably have to edit them a bit, since they're for characters around the player's height. I've made a 'child' template too, but haven't posted it yet; I'll get it up if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back