• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixels can write ...

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Well,hello, I wasn't doing a thing significant to society,nothing at all in fact, so I decided to write some poems. I deserve the right to suck,and let's get going then.

Summary

I'll link my poems here,

Wobbufett (this post)

Poems

Wobbufett

You see me alone,
Think this battle's as good as won,
Send out your best Dark Type,
And you're in a hype,
You decide to bite,
Sorry kiddo,
Counter you so hard,
You're feeling very light,
Pyromaniac you're feeling,
But your head is still reeling,
Blast me fire,
That hit was dire,
But if it hurt me,
Twice it did to thee,
Want to make me sick?
For this one,
Safeguard's will kick in,
There's no other way,
For me to escape,
This will kill me for once,
I use Destiny Bond,
You enter in a trance,
You kill me,
But before my last breather,
I'm taking you with me,
Let's go to the Underworld together.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Wobbufett

Spoiler:

Wow, I love how fast-paced this poem feels! I think there's a few areas where the theme drops a bit though, for example the talk about Pyromaniacs? I assume that's supposed to be a reference to reflecting special type moves as well as physical moves, but maybe I'm wrong. I love how the poem portrays all of Wobbufett's key strengths and attributes, whilst keeping a fast paced and tense rhythm - is this perhaps contrary to Wobbufett's nature and abilities, being a Pokemon designed for lasting and setting up? It does seem to me that there are some areas in which the rhythm starts to collapse a little. For example here:

"Want to make me sick?
For this one,
Safeguard's will kick in,"

and here:

"You kill me,
But before my last breather,
I'm taking you with me,"

The rhythm seems to change with the middle lines, although it may just be that I'm not reading it in the way you intended. The idea of "going to the underworld together" is a very haunting thought, great choice of words you've used there. All in all, a great poem which real does this Pokemon a lot of justice - I can't wait to see any more work that you do, I'll ensure to visit back here!

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
Well, I like the fast pace of this poem, although I think you could have slowed it down a little bit to match Wobbuffet's nature. I liked how you portrayed its abilities in the poem against that Houndoom, am I right? Anyways, I think that while you managed to get a rhyming scheme, some words don't fit and some feel forced there just so it'll rhyme, like "thee" for example.

Well, that was it, hope it was helpful, and keep it up like that, just remember to take this advice.

Back