• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC Sun 2019 Format Kyogre Team help?

CutePandaPlayz

PizzaCai
Years
VGC Sun Format 2019 Team (My questions and stuff are below the team)

Kyogre @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Water Spout
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Trick Room

Raichu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunderbolt
- Encore
- Protect

Amoonguss
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Protect
- Substitute

Hitmontop
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wide Guard
- Fake Out
- Close Combat

Tapu Lele
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

I'm extremely new to VGC and competitive overall (this is my first time making a competitive team). I have been working on it for hours and I would love some advice.
Some questions I have are:
1. What items do my pokemon need?
2. If I'm trying to do trick room should I make all my pokemon 0 speed IVs?
3. Are my movesets good? For a good number of pokemon on my team I have no idea what to do.
If anyone can give any advice at all, i'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
In Trick Room teams it's ideal to have 0 Speed IVs for the Pokemon that are going to make use of Trick Room, but on cartridge it may more of a hassle than it's worth to get exactly 0 Speed IVs. If you can't, it's ok, as it's simply just ideal and not strictly necessary.

On Tapu Lele you'll want to go with Psychic or Psyshock over Thunderbolt, as you already have Electric coverage on other teammates and they'll be about as powerful as 2x effective T-bolt anyway due to STAB and Psychic Terrain (assuming it's active).

Stealth Rock is not common in VGC for a few reasons, so you can go with something else in that slot for Dusk Mane Necrozma.

Amoonguss has a couple of fun options to consider like Rage Powder or Clear Smog, I'm not sure if Substitute works that well in VGC. Something else to consider is that on Kyogre you can use Origin Pulse in place of Water Spout. It's less accurate, but its power is not dependent on Kyogre having full or near-full HP.

CutePandaPlayz

PizzaCai
Years
In Trick Room teams it's ideal to have 0 Speed IVs for the Pokemon that are going to make use of Trick Room, but on cartridge it may more of a hassle than it's worth to get exactly 0 Speed IVs. If you can't, it's ok, as it's simply just ideal and not strictly necessary.

On Tapu Lele you'll want to go with Psychic or Psyshock over Thunderbolt, as you already have Electric coverage on other teammates and they'll be about as powerful as 2x effective T-bolt anyway due to STAB and Psychic Terrain (assuming it's active).

Stealth Rock is not common in VGC for a few reasons, so you can go with something else in that slot for Dusk Mane Necrozma.

Amoonguss has a couple of fun options to consider like Rage Powder or Clear Smog, I'm not sure if Substitute works that well in VGC. Something else to consider is that on Kyogre you can use Origin Pulse in place of Water Spout. It's less accurate, but its power is not dependent on Kyogre having full or near-full HP.
Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

Back