• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Childhood Regrets

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Any of you remember back to your childhood and had some great memories? But with that comes with some bad ones sadly that you can't live without thinking of it. Anyone had any regrets as a child? Basically wish you can turn back the clock and redo it but better or completely different?

And yes, im not even 18, so it is a bit odd for me to be asking this. But lets get the fun rolling.

Years
Oh, lord, where to begin.

There's a lot of things I'd do different if given the chance. I love my job and my life, but if I applied myself harder in high school I'd have an office job, not a factory one.

In the same vein, I regret messing University up at the beginning of the year, but I guess that doesn't count as a childhood regret, more like a modern one haha.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I used to regret.....like SERIOUSLY regret.........how much of a girly girl I was as a kid o_o;;. For like years.

I'm finally getting over that now though :)

Also, i've regretted not playing kirby games as a child a bit too xD; heh

FlameChrome

Years
honestly, I regret not getting a job sooner, trying to be on my best behavior. Because of my dad, i wish i knew how he was gonna be when he started staying home :/

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
In sixth grade, I was taken out due to being shoved into a water fountain. The school did nothing about it and I had a nasty bruise on my chest for six months. Looking back, it might've been better if I stayed. I'm much more sensitive to bullying than I used to and it's made me an anxious mess whenever I go to my campus. Maybe if I stayed, I could've gotten a thicker skin.

I also wish I got outside more as a child instead of watching TV. I think I would've had more friends growing up if K did.

Last edited:
Years
Maybe this sounds strange, especially coming from a teacher, but I regret not being naughtier in school. Not ridiculously naughty but I wish I was a bit sillier in some situations in which I remember being fairly uptight which massively contrasts with the kind of person I grew into.

My favourite students are generally the ones that are a bit sassy, not too much, but just the right amount. (Yes teachers have favourites and any teacher that says they don't is a liar haha)

Last edited:

FlameChrome

Years
Maybe this sounds strange, especially coming from a teacher, but I regret not being naughtier in school. Not ridiculously naughty but I wish I was a bit sillier in some situations in which I remember being fairly uptight which massively contrasts with the kind of person I grew into.

My favourite students are generally the ones that are a bit sassy, not too much, but just the right amount. (Yes teachers have favourites and any teacher that says they don't is a liar haha)

Im hoping to be a future teacher, but i see that. They seem to treat the bad kids better, like yesterday i got in trouble for being on my phone yet the bad kids do the same and I always do my work in the class. So that kind of made me mad. Some other teachers actually talk to the trouble makers more, and i get pointed out for not doing a single assignment when they dont do little to almost all :/. Sorry for the story, but I do see what you actually said lol.

Years
Im hoping to be a future teacher, but i see that. They seem to treat the bad kids better, like yesterday i got in trouble for being on my phone yet the bad kids do the same and I always do my work in the class. So that kind of made me mad. Some other teachers actually talk to the trouble makers more, and i get pointed out for not doing a single assignment when they dont do little to almost all :/. Sorry for the story, but I do see what you actually said lol.

There's a difference between the real bad kids (we call them demon children) who we actually hate and just the sassy "bad" kids you can have banter with. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between malicious bad and unintentional "bad" behaviour. I'm guessing your teachers talk to the "nice bad" kids and not the other kind haha.

I always make sure I treat everyone as fairly as possible but some teachers letting things go with kids that generally are worse behaved, but not for better behaved students, is definitely a thing. It's a mixture of them knowing the "bad" kids won't do any of the assignment no matter what you say to them, the kid probably not caring about whatever the punishment is, and also the teacher not wanting to look like they've been shown up publicly by a student in front of the entire class...and some other factors. The teacher has to juggle a variety of different personality types clashing with each other all together in a learning environment possibly of different ability levels and definitely of different behavioural and motivational levels...all while trying to make sure they constantly appear to know exactly what they're doing. It's in no way a perfect system. Sorry for the paragraph myself haha.

To bring it back on topic of childhood regrets... not realising how and why my teachers must have acted and thought in some situations because it's just so simple to me now haha.

Years
Being born

But really I regret not standing up to my bullies more. Like it would have been better to have them fear than to try endlessly to please them as I did.
I received harsh punishments from teachers whenever I retaliated but I should have been more honest about my bullying with my parents too.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Most of my regrets are small things, I think I lived my childhood the best i could, most of the bad things were factors out of my control.

I regret not practicing karate more. I probably could be like Bruce Lee if I had kept doing karate past middle school.

I regret not going to prom in my senior year of school. But there was no one I liked.

I regret being a shy kid.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I really regret the way I studied (or more like the lack thereof) with the goal of simply passing my exams instead of ways that are efficient on the long term. I can remember only so little from my college lectures. Worst thing is that I'm not even done yet.

I also regret I didn't spend any time writing when I was younger, I could have used the practice. (I blame high school, it had ruined books for me. And it was quite hard to find my love for reading again after that.)

Back