• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Wha-! How did I miss this?

I'm a huge Tales fan! May I join this?

I own:

Tales of Destiny PSX
Tales of Destiny - Director's Cut PS2
Tales of Destiny 2 PS2
Tales of Symphonia GC
Tales of the Abyss (PS2, not going to import the 3DS version due to region lock)
Tales of Vesperia X360
Tales of Vesperia PS3
Tales of Graces F PS3 (Japanese version, I'm not from the future. =P)
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 1 PSP
Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X PSP
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Wii
Tales of VS PSP
Tales of Phantasia GBA

Heh, yeaaah, guess I own quite a few? ^^; Hope I can join! : D

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
We meet again! I only own like half those games. =P

I think I saw a abyss copy at Gamestop as well; Symphonia I found at a Teddy Bear workshop~ [yeah, it was a video game / card store as well.]

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Tales of Graces F PS3 (Japanese version, I'm not from the future. =P)

Is there some sort translation guide for Tales of Graces f? Or are you sorta just trying to figure out what to do as you play, lol? I played Tales of Destiny 2 that way for sometime until eventually deciding to give up as I had no idea what was going on in the story or where I had to go. :\

Btw, how is it?

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
My Abyss copy was bought used in a GameStop, as well as my copy of Symphonia.

My copy of Symphonia was rather beat up, though. It often gives me "disc cannot be read" errors. Really annoying, because I have to save all the time while grinding... >_>

Icebloom said:
Is there some sort translation guide for Tales of Graces f? Or are you sorta just trying to figure out what to do as you play, lol? I played Tales of Destiny 2 that way for sometime until eventually deciding to give up as I had no idea what was going on in the story or where I had to go.

Btw, how is it?
There isn't a translation guide for most of Graces, but the youtube user KurusuTatari has subbed some of it.

To get through the game itself, I've been using a guide...

Although said guide is really crappy, I have no idea what to do anymore. My friend who beat the game is going to help me, once I can be arsed to take a screenshot of the "NEXT". (When you press a button, a little reminder pops up telling you what to do. My friend can read Japanese, so he's going to help me. lol)

The game is quite fun, it's surpassed my expectations. I honestly didn't expect to ever find a game that had as enjoying of a battle system as Destiny Remake, but boy was I surprised!

The story... it's sort of flakey in some parts, where it turns into the fetch quest that was Symphonia, but is still enjoyable overall. Just like Symphonia, it threw in the occasional monkey wrench.

And don't get me started on the beautiful anime cutscenes!

Everything about this game is gorgeous, seriously, once it's localized... Pick it up. Even if you don't own a PS3, pick it up for when you do-- since I'm positive once the stores stop selling it, the prices will be really high on eBay. It's just that good.

And if you look at GameFAQs for Tales of Destiny 2, there's a story guide. There's also a script, but I can't post urls until I hit 15 posts... :/

Speed

Skyward
Years
I just went on Gamestops website, and the Gamestop a few blocks away from me have Abyss AND Symphonia. I'm going to look for Symphonia tomorrow, if I can't find it I'll just buy a new copy, including Abyss. :D

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
The story... it's sort of flakey in some parts, where it turns into the fetch quest that was Symphonia, but is still enjoyable overall. Just like Symphonia, it threw in the occasional monkey wrench.

And don't get me started on the beautiful anime cutscenes!

Everything about this game is gorgeous, seriously, once it's localized... Pick it up. Even if you don't own a PS3, pick it up for when you do-- since I'm positive once the stores stop selling it, the prices will be really high on eBay. It's just that good.

lol, I bought a PS3 just for an occasion like this. Hardly have anything for it, but I knew eventually there'd be a game that would force me to buy one. :) Hopefully it sells well here so we can get the next mothership title in development localized.

I got the gist of the plot, and seemed interesting for the most part. How likeable is Asbel and the gang? As long as it's not another Emil, it should be fine for me. ;D

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
lol, I bought a PS3 just for an occasion like this. Hardly have anything for it, but I knew eventually there'd be a game that would force me to buy one. :) Hopefully it sells well here so we can get the next mothership title in development localized.

I got the gist of the plot, and seemed interesting for the most part. How likeable is Asbel and the gang? As long as it's not another Emil, it should be fine for me. ;D

Hah, pretty much everyone in the group is likeable. I had some problems with Pascal in the beginning, but now she's one of my favorites in the group.

Graces has the most likeable characters in Tales for me-- since EVERYONE is likeable. I honestly can't bring myself to dislike anyone, even the antagonists.

And Tales of Xillia looks amazing so far. I love the screens so far, just the graphics have me hyped!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Hah, pretty much everyone in the group is likeable. I had some problems with Pascal in the beginning, but now she's one of my favorites in the group.

Graces has the most likeable characters in Tales for me-- since EVERYONE is likeable. I honestly can't bring myself to dislike anyone, even the antagonists.

And Tales of Xillia looks amazing so far. I love the screens so far, just the graphics have me hyped!

The overall world setting seems a bit darker. Choosing between the two main characters at the beginning of the game is also something new. If anything, at least it gives for more replay value, lol. I'm just a bit disappointed that Jude (main guy) uses his fists as his weapons... :/ since that's been done before by Senel.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
The overall world setting seems a bit darker. Choosing between the two main characters at the beginning of the game is also something new. If anything, at least it gives for more replay value, lol. I'm just a bit disappointed that Jude (main guy) uses his fists as his weapons... :/ since that's been done before by Senel.

Hm, really? Isn't Jude the healer of the game as well? That sounds pretty original for a main character to me.

Speed

Skyward
Years
I'd probably import Xillia if it doesn't get localized, it looks that good.

And why does everyone here live in Florida?

Speed

Skyward
Years
I'll probably pre-order import it, it looks that good to me.

I don't~ I live in Hawaii! : D

I would, but there's always that chance that it could get localized, and I don't think I could buy it twice.

Don't forget BinaryPeaches. He lives in Florida too. xD

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
I would, but there's always that chance that it could get localized, and I don't think I could buy it twice.

Don't forget BinaryPeaches. He lives in Florida too. xD

Yeah, there's always that chance... But the recent Japanese Tales game pre-order bonuses have been really cool, and most localization's.... aren't.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
What have the bonuses been?

Most of the localization's bonuses are just artbooks of art you can find by a quick Google.

Whereas the Japanese pre-order of Graces F netted me: A big freakin' artbook with a drama CD signed by Inomata, along with pre-order bonuses ingame. Such as alternate costumes, extra artes, and new battle themes.

I heard that Vesperia PS3 got the same treatment, but the ingames were later released and improved over PSN... :/

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Wow, maybe if we got bonuses like that the sales wouldn't be so bad in the States.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/83947/top-ten-ways-to-save-the-tales-series-in-the-west/

An interesting article that all of you should read. :D

But Phantasia GBA wasn't even translated by Namco... :/

And seriously? Using Destiny PSX as an example? It was their first localization, and all the recent localizations have had wonderful grammar and next to no mistranslations.

I laughed while reading that, since I know Namco won't.

I have no real quarrel with the rest of the article-- I just find it sad they chose to pick on a game that wasn't even translated by Namco... And the first localization, back in the 90s.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
lol, MS Saga? I actually love that game. :laugh: Kinda just skimmed through it, but I would agree with a few of their points.

That screenshot from ToP made me laugh a little. What part was that? I have the GBA version and don't seem to remember that line.

Last edited:

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
That screenshot from ToP made a laugh a little. What part was that? I have the GBA version and don't seem to remember that line.

It's when you go to the Elven village for the first time... I think to fix some broken pact rings, or whatever. I just remember the part where Cress begs Brambie to fix Chester's Bow.

Back