• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
There's too much SAO! Aaaahhhhhh! Well, now that my dramatized reaction is over I guess I'll post in just a little bit. Not gonna lie, .Hack//Sign > SAO. It was the original concept after all. And before I know it there's a juggalo cat -_-

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Who's the beater now, huh?
Please don't say that -.- I liked the first season of SAO, but...I REALLY wish they had chosen different phrasing. Maybe a Chester or...I dunno, some other word. ANYTHING BUT BEATER.

Hey Macho, what does the character list say about this RP's cross-dressing level?

IT'S OVER NINE-

Wait a minute. Oh crap, it's the Overly Compulsive Purist Dragon Ball Committee! I gotta run before they forever change my ability to say 9000 with the ability to say 8000! Oh sh-

*Assimilation*

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
TornZero- I guess i'm choosing to continue calling them Neko's. There are so many names for cat-like Youkai's that it'll be hard to figure out the real name. I will do more research about the names, however. Hopefully i'll be able tofind out the real name.

Wolfy- calm down, everyone can be SAO fans if they want to and who is the bigger fan is not important. The thing that is important is that all the fans have something in common and are equal to each other.

Siiadams- I like your character, he is accepte c: welcome to Youkai Academy~

Geras32- the character is accepted but that there are so many crossdressers now give me the reason to temporary close down the option for characters to be cross-dressers :3 so your character is the third one, and the last cross-dresser~

Unless someone gives me a decent reason why the option should stay open c:

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
TornZero- I guess i'm choosing to continue calling them Neko's. There are so many names for cat-like Youkai's that it'll be hard to figure out the real name. I will do more research about the names, however. Hopefully i'll be able tofind out the real name.
Well...I would say that, for your version of Neko, it should probably be Nekomata or a bakeneko. Now, since it has one tail, it would be a bakeneko...but a rather loose interpretation of them. Probably the loosest, but still rather close interpretation of them that I can think of that I think you might know is from Bakemonogatari (as well as Nekomonogatari). Kirara (or Kilala, if you prefer) from Inuyasha is a nekomata, but rarely does in transform into humans (if ever).

I will clarify that both Bakeneko and Nekomata are similar, in that Bakeneko have one tail and, supposedly when they get old enough, their tails split into two. Then there are Nekomata that originate in the mountains, born as Nekomatas rather than cats, unlike the Bakemono turned Nekomatas.

Still, I say go Bakeneko. Or Nekomata, since they can be born as nekomatas. Or...natural born nekomata/bakeneko. Either way, I think either of those works better than plain "Cat".

Unless someone gives me a decent reason why the option should stay open c:
Hideyoshi. That's all the reason you need.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Alright, now that I'm here...how should I introduce my character in the rp? Is there anything in particular my character HAS to do first? Are there "missions" or other tasks that I need to take care of before I start roaming the campus? I don't want to screw myself up here.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Still, I say go Bakeneko. Or Nekomata, since they can be born as nekomatas. Or...natural born nekomata/bakeneko. Either way, I think either of those works better than plain "Cat".
I still say "neko musume" is appropriate for it, since that's what the R+V universe actually uses, and based on the matter of its actual meaning. "Neko musuko" is gender appropriate when talking about cat-boys, though.

We don't have a Hideyoshi yet, for all the genderf***s we do have. Yuria's a hermaphrodite-raised-girl, Eva's transgender, and Raka's just a crossdresser for the sake of feminism or something gender equality. Meanwhile, Hideyoshi is consistently perceived as a girl, but tries to convince people that he's a guy.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Not gonna lie, .Hack//Sign > SAO.

SAO's fight scenes are leagues ahead of anything I've seen from .hack//, but .hack// wins on just about everything else. I've never played any of the games though, so I can't judge on that.

@PinkSapphire: So is there anything I need to know about fairy tale before I start posting as Raka? Because I know next to nothing.

On topic though, Hideyoshi is definitely a girl and nobody can convince me otherwise. Not even Hideyoshi.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
SAO's fight scenes are leagues ahead of anything I've seen from .hack//, but .hack// wins on just about everything else. I've never played any of the games though, so I can't judge on that.
.Hack//GU has some pretty awesome and incredibly well directed fights. Sign didn't really have an emphasis on fighting (and neither did the bombshell of mediocrity that was Roots), largely favoring character development, story, and music, among other things. SAO sort of balances these, though I do think that SAO is the better anime when it comes to action and Sign for pretty much anything else. Having said that, GU...it's just amazing. If you can't play it, watch the movie...though I really, REALLY recommend playing the games, and I explicitly said in my review that the movie isn't a substitute, but...meh. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and the movie has some great fight scenes as well (since it has the same director, and it shows).

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Well...I would say that, for your version of Neko, it should probably be Nekomata or a bakeneko. Now, since it has one tail, it would be a bakeneko...but a rather loose interpretation of them. Probably the loosest, but still rather close interpretation of them that I can think of that I think you might know is from Bakemonogatari (as well as Nekomonogatari). Kirara (or Kilala, if you prefer) from Inuyasha is a nekomata, but rarely does in transform into humans (if ever).

I will clarify that both Bakeneko and Nekomata are similar, in that Bakeneko have one tail and, supposedly when they get old enough, their tails split into two. Then there are Nekomata that originate in the mountains, born as Nekomatas rather than cats, unlike the Bakemono turned Nekomatas.

Bakeneko is not the name i'm searching for then because their tails don't split in two in this universe. I might as well use TornZero's suggestion because it sounds more like the image of the cat youkai that I mean.

Alright, now that I'm here...how should I introduce my character in the rp? Is there anything in particular my character HAS to do first? Are there "missions" or other tasks that I need to take care of before I start roaming the campus? I don't want to screw myself up here.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

No there are no missions available for you at the moment since the last one is about to end. You can just freely roam around on the campus. I suggest you'll try interacting with other characters who are on the campus at the moment, this will be James since everyone else is inside the school.

Not speaking to Wolf anymore.

@Pink: Did the poison kick in?

No? If you're talking about Nami being unconscious, Oz used a spell to force her body to shut down.

I'm thinking about dropping the "poisoned food" event, so please forget it for now.

Geras32- you can post as you wish, just remember that you are inside a building and you can talk to Wolfy's character if he's okay with it.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Bakeneko is not the name i'm searching for then because their tails don't split in two in this universe. I might as well use TornZero's suggestion because it sounds more like the image of the cat youkai that I mean.

Only a bakeneko with a forked tail is referred to as a nekomata. The other form of nekomata is found as a mountain-dwelling beast with the body of a dog and the head of a cat. Regardless, "nekomata" is entirely inaccurate for a R+V nekomusume. However, a bakeneko can exist through multiple means, though they all stem from originally being domestic cats. They can gain superpowers after reaching ten years of age or a certain weight. These powers include walking on their hind legs and, as I've said before, assuming a human form, but they're still generally cats.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Please don't say that -.- I liked the first season of SAO, but...I REALLY wish they had chosen different phrasing. Maybe a Chester or...I dunno, some other word. ANYTHING BUT BEATER.

IT'S OVER NINE-

Wait a minute. Oh crap, it's the Overly Compulsive Purist Dragon Ball Committee! I gotta run before they forever change my ability to say 9000 with the ability to say 8000! Oh sh-

*Assimilation*
To be fair, it sounds better said in Japanese!

Also, maybe both sides can simply agree with this?
3qemel.jpg

Wolfy- calm down, everyone can be SAO fans if they want to and who is the bigger fan is not important. The thing that is important is that all the fans have something in common and are equal to each other.
Me calm down? I'm just havin' fun.

<<Kirito_2>> over there decided to make it competitive. How can I decline a duel?

Not speaking to Wolf anymore.
>Challenges
>Loses
>Mutes

So much hate?

@PinkSapphire: So is there anything I need to know about fairy tale before I start posting as Raka? Because I know next to nothing.
Well, Solo is at Fairytale HQ right now napping, since there's nothing for him to do at the moment, if you're looking for a reason to post.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Could you make some sort of concluding post for the battle then? If that's not any trouble.

Ofcourse it isn't c: but PokeCommunity isn't working optimal at the moment (by me atleast). It keeps telling me the site is too busy and that I have to try again later, in result that I only can get online a few times a day until this problem has dissapeared.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Breastpad-less Genderbent Sakuy-I mean...
@TornZero - Yeah, thinking about it now, I agree. The youkai in this aren't close enough to nekobake to be called them, so neko musume and neko musuko would work...but nekobake is so fun to say ;_;

Heck, even Nekotoko (Cat Man) and Nekonna (Cat Woman) are really fun to say ;_; CAN WE DO THOSE, MOMMY? CANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWECANWE!?

Back