ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread

Old November 28th, 2012 (7:42 AM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
    What Sprite? Intro, Trainer, or OW? :/
    OW. Sorry about that, forgot to mention :/

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 28th, 2012 (10:21 AM).

Hey does anyone know where I can find a classic misty trainer sprite/OWs for gen 3? When I mean classic I mean the same cloths/hair colour as she has in the show. Please let me know where I can find this, I am terrible at making sprites
      Old November 28th, 2012 (5:29 PM).
      What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
        Hey does anyone know where I can find a classic misty trainer sprite/OWs for gen 3? When I mean classic I mean the same cloths/hair colour as she has in the show. Please let me know where I can find this, I am terrible at making sprites
        Me too, but I found this awesome site for shrinking things. At first I thought it would be really bad, but it actually works well. I shrunk the Bulbapedia picture of Misty with it.

However, I haven't had 15 posts yet, so PM me and I can get it to you.
        Old November 28th, 2012 (6:50 PM).
        Heiki Hecchara‌‌
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by CameraFan View Post
        What is the palette offset for the palette the player uses in FR/LG?
        The palette can be found at 0x35B968, but be careful when changing it as it is shared by both player genders. If you do want to have different palettes for the boy and girl then you can repoint the pointer at either 0x3A5198 (Boy) or 0x3A51C0 (Girl) to some empty space and create a new palette. If you're using JPAN's engine then the male/ female pointers have been changed to 0x1A2440 and 0x1A2468 respectively.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KyX View Post
        In Fire red where is the Tall Grass tileset?

I cannot find it in any map/tileset.
        IN R/S/E there are 2 type of grass.. normal grass, and Tall grass.

Using NSE with Fire red i can see the image of the second type of grass, but in advance map can't find it.

Here is an example of the grass i'm refering to (from Emerald):
        hxxp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5958/grassm.jpg
        The tall grass isn't used anywhere in FR so there are no tilesets that use it and the actual tile behaviour that calls the animation is broken. Luckily, knizz found out how to reactivate it in this thread so it is definitely what you're searching for.
        Old November 28th, 2012 (11:20 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
          The palette can be found at 0x35B968, but be careful when changing it as it is shared by both player genders. If you do want to have different palettes for the boy and girl then you can repoint the pointer at either 0x3A5198 (Boy) or 0x3A51C0 (Girl) to some empty space and create a new palette. If you're using JPAN's engine then the male/ female pointers have been changed to 0x1A2440 and 0x1A2468 respectively.
          Thanks! I was changing a palette for a new OW sprite and when I imported it I happened to realise it was the palette for the player OWs :/
          Are there any unused OW palettes I could screw around with?
          Old November 29th, 2012 (9:18 AM).
          Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
            Quote:
            Thanks! I was changing a palette for a new OW sprite and when I imported it I happened to realise it was the palette for the player OWs :/
            Are there any unused OW palettes I could screw around with?
            No, all are used at one point, but some are barely used (Most of the ones after 0xA are hardly touched. Take a look with NSE).

If you're using Fire Red, you can create more Palettes using JPAN's hacked engine.
            Old November 30th, 2012 (2:26 AM).
            Hacking is all that matters...

Nature: Hasty
              I got this error on advance map saying ERROR: (Eaccessviolation) Access violation. Not sure how to fix this.Help appreciated

Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
              Old November 30th, 2012 (7:21 PM). Edited November 30th, 2012 by awipe1.

I made all my overworlds for this character (Replacing misty) and when I get her to walk, she stays in one position. She only stays in the 1st frame while she moves and looks around so it looks extremely bad. Anyone know why this is happening? I have all the frames finished (except for the last 2) but I should still see the other frames when she is moving around.

Hey I know I just asked a question but I have been doing a lot of ROM hacking latelly and I really need help for this one.

For most tutorials I need to have JPANS firered hack engine applied to my ROM, but I don't know how to do that. Pretty much what i'm asking is, how do I apply "Hacked Fire Red Engine V 1.1.ips" to my ROM? When I double click on it, it says what program would I like to open it with, what do I do at this point? I know this might be a stupid question but I feel like the instructions were not clear enough, that's why I am having trouble applying the engine to my ROM.
                Old November 30th, 2012 (9:35 PM).
                Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
                  I made all my overworlds for this character (Replacing misty) and when I get her to walk, she stays in one position. She only stays in the 1st frame while she moves and looks around so it looks extremely bad. Anyone know why this is happening? I have all the frames finished (except for the last 2) but I should still see the other frames when she is moving around.
                  Make sure the frames have different offsets. Misty, I believe, has frames that are all the same (I might be wrong, but I believe most of them are the same thing). You need to change the offsets in a hex editor to "delink" the frames so that each one can be different.

Hey I know I just asked a question but I have been doing a lot of ROM hacking latelly and I really need help for this one.

For most tutorials I need to have JPANS firered hack engine applied to my ROM, but I don't know how to do that. Pretty much what i'm asking is, how do I apply "Hacked Fire Red Engine V 1.1.ips" to my ROM? When I double click on it, it says what program would I like to open it with, what do I do at this point? I know this might be a stupid question but I feel like the instructions were not clear enough, that's why I am having trouble applying the engine to my ROM.
                  You need to download either A-Patch from HackMew, or the one I use still is LIPS (which comes with Elite Map and such, you can get it from WAH). Then you open the programs and it'll ask you what IPS you want to use, and then what ROM to patch it to (or the other way around...it tells you when you use it).
                  Answers are in bold! Hopefully I helped.
                  Old November 30th, 2012 (10:49 PM).
                  Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
                    Can anyone tell me how to edit LZ77 Palletes correctly? Like for the battle backgrounds...

I really need help on getting the right values for it to match the image real colors...
                    Old December 1st, 2012 (11:00 AM).

I'm trying to install JPAN's engine to add more OW palettes but when it gets to the variables for Dynamic OWs promptbox it can never progress when I put in a free variable. Am I missing something?
                      Old December 1st, 2012 (2:37 PM).

Does anyone know how to make more than 5 evolutions available to a single Pokémon?
                        Old December 1st, 2012 (3:43 PM).

If anyone can help me get around the error that YAPE gives me when I get to my 16th pokemon please message me.

Old December 1st, 2012 (6:48 PM).
                          I liek Mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
                            If anyone can help me get around the error that YAPE gives me when I get to my 16th pokemon please message me.
                            It helps if you post what the error is that you're getting
                            Old December 1st, 2012 (6:53 PM). Edited December 1st, 2012 by MissDigitalis.

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Herpahermaderp View Post
                              It helps if you post what the error is that you're getting

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do to get around this without starting over from scratch.

The entire error message details are as follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
                              just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
                              System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
                              Parameter name: index
                              at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
                              at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
                              at YAPE.MainForm.AddEvolutionsToTree(Int32 pkmn, TreeNode node, List`1 history)
                              at YAPE.MainForm.BuildEvolutionTree()
                              at YAPE.MainForm.LoadEvolutions(Int32 index)
                              at YAPE.MainForm.LoadPokemonData(Int32 index)
                              at YAPE.MainForm.ChangeSelectedPkmn(Int32 index)
                              at YAPE.MainForm.PkmnSelectVal_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                              at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
                              at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
                              at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
                              at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
                              mscorlib
                              Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
                              Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4984 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
                              ----------------------------------------
                              YAPE
                              Assembly Version: 0.9.0.0
                              Win32 Version: 0.9.0.0
                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/YAPE%200.9/YAPE.exe
                              System.Windows.Forms
                              Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4977 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
                              System
                              Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4984 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
                              System.Drawing
                              Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4980 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
                              NumericTextBox
                              Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39676
                              Win32 Version: 1.0.3031.39676
                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/YAPE%200.9/NumericTextBox.DLL
                              MappedComboBox
                              Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39633
                              Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/YAPE%200.9/MappedComboBox.DLL
                              ComboListBox
                              Assembly Version: 1.0.3031.39599
                              Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/YAPE%200.9/ComboListBox.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
                              To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
                              application or computer (machine.config) must have the
                              jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
                              The application must also be compiled with debugging
                              enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
                              will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
                              rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Old December 1st, 2012 (11:31 PM). Edited December 2nd, 2012 by KyX.

It is possible to change the Fire red Battle Hud? I mean the PkMn Name/Level/HP/Exp bar.

EDIT: I managed to change the background piece of the battle hud.. But i can't find the image of the HP/EXP Bars and Name in UNLZ, i tried also NLZ and i found some, but they are not those in the battle screen, but pokemon info/menu.

Thats the result: hxxp://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9416/testot.png

A bit messy because of the name/HP not being trasparent...

if someone know the offset of those bars please tell me!

Quote:
                                I'm trying to install JPAN's engine to add more OW palettes but when it gets to the variables for Dynamic OWs promptbox it can never progress when I put in a free variable. Am I missing something?
                                Use the 0xXXXX format, like 0x6000, it worked for me.
                                Old December 2nd, 2012 (6:09 AM).
                                Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
                                  I'm looking for patches for decapitalization and physical/special split, on Fire Red. Can anybody show me where to get them?

Please PM me with an answer because I never check this thread.
                                  Old December 2nd, 2012 (9:45 AM).
                                  Hyper Chibi Absol Hyper Chibi Absol is offline
                                  The Chibiest Absol ever :3

Nature: Naive
                                    Ok guys, I had recently downloaded Advanced Trainer to be able to edit the moves and held items on the Pokemon rather than using TrPET. But no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the offset to work and I repointed it to what it suggested to do and copied the script of the old one and just replaced the old offset with the new. But he still had the same Pokemon. :s I tried just editing the Pokemon and not add the hold items or attacks and that worked fine, but that defeats the whole purpose of downloading the new program.

Also I'm having trouble with a warp inside a cave. I can go in just fine, however, when I try to leave, I can't. The game just thinks I'm running into a wall. I made sure the warp no. and map numbers were correct so it should work. I dunno what to do. I tried remaking the warp to and that didn't work either. I even tried taking a warp straight from the game to warp somewhere else and it didn't work.

Please help.

Bliss is love
                                    Yin and Yang
                                    Yang and Yin

We are one in the same...

Heart and Soul
                                    Soul and Heart
                                    You and me
                                    Me and you

Let our lives be more than this game...

~Hyper Chibi Absol

Hyper Chibi Absol x TheUmbreonMaster
                                    Old December 2nd, 2012 (10:22 AM).

Went on AdvanceMap, did everything the tutorials said, but when I get out of the truck in Emerald, Littleroot Town turns black.

I've checked the warps and stuff but I can't find anything out of place. Any help?
                                      Old December 2nd, 2012 (11:35 AM).

How do I change the HP bars in Pokemon Fire Red Version? I'm currently working on a ROM hack and I want to make the battles look cool. XP
                                        Old December 2nd, 2012 (11:48 AM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Hyper Chibi Absol View Post
                                          Also I'm having trouble with a warp inside a cave. I can go in just fine, however, when I try to leave, I can't. The game just thinks I'm running into a wall. I made sure the warp no. and map numbers were correct so it should work. I dunno what to do. I tried remaking the warp to and that didn't work either. I even tried taking a warp straight from the game to warp somewhere else and it didn't work.
                                          If the tile inside the cave that you are trying to warp from does not have the correct tile behavior, then the warp will not work. Tile behaviors can be changed in the block editor in Advance Map.
                                          Old December 2nd, 2012 (12:12 PM).
                                          PokemonMasters PokemonMasters is offline
                                          Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
                                            How do you remove the borders from mugshots in fiered?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                                            Old December 2nd, 2012 (3:52 PM).

Okay... now every time that I open XSE I get Run-time Error '9': Subscript out of range
                                              Anyone know how to fix this?
                                              Old December 2nd, 2012 (5:52 PM).
                                              Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Ach7AC View Post
                                                Okay... now every time that I open XSE I get Run-time Error '9': Subscript out of range
                                                Anyone know how to fix this?
                                                You should read some previous posts before posting things like this... (Cuz I literally just answered this question THREE TIMES IN A ROW)

All you need to do is go into your XSE folder and open "setting.ini". From there, scroll down until you find the line that says "AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1". Change that number to 0.
                                                Old December 2nd, 2012 (6:39 PM).

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
                                                  You should read some previous posts before posting things like this... (Cuz I literally just answered this question THREE TIMES IN A ROW)

All you need to do is go into your XSE folder and open "setting.ini". From there, scroll down until you find the line that says "AdvancedUpdateCheck = 1". Change that number to 0.
                                                  Whoops, sorry, I tried Googling it but I found nothing, so I thought this was an unique problem. Thanks for explaining it to me, though.
                                                  Closed Thread

Quick Reply