Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
6,079 posts
11.8 Years
Generation 7 got rid of the national dex. How did you feel about this?
Theme: Ramuda Amemura
Pair: Drew

_pheebs

I'll get angry, and take a nap.

Age 26
Female
Kalt Island
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
303 posts
2 Years
Is it needed?

Not many people really complete the entire National. (A statement I feel is going to be disproven on Pokécommunity).
To me, having a National Dex is just a grim reminder of how many Pokemon there are, and how many are very forgetable to me.

Experimental Gameplay, and Lost Hope.
Two Non-Pokémon Universe Pokémon Games.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
6,079 posts
11.8 Years
Is it needed?
Well, not really, but. In my opinion, it always just felt weird it was gone in gen 7, lol.
Theme: Ramuda Amemura
Pair: Drew

Dawn

Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
13,876 posts
6.1 Years
Kinda irritating, but in hindsight at least they actually bothered to code every Pokemon into the game. I actually wonder if they did this as a trial run for Dexit, to see how much of a negative reaction there would be to the lack of a National Dex. Perhaps the conclusion drawn from this was that people don't care if they can't get every Pokemon in the game, since doing that isn't recognised as anything in Gen VII thanks to this. If so...well, that backfired spectacularly.

VPPAtelier DawnGaming Blog ✩ Game Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

Momoro

Creator of | Pokémon Steel Version | And also maybe a Coding Guru

Age 42
Male
Castelia City, Unova
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
81 posts
1.3 Years
I miss the National Dex. I appreciated that they gave you the challenge of literally completing the slogan "Gotta Catch'em All!"

I loved this in SoulSilver, BW/B2W2, and so on-- I mean, until Generation 7, of course :(
Nocturnal...? W-What does that mean?😕

Momoro

Creator of | Pokémon Steel Version | And also maybe a Coding Guru

Age 42
Male
Castelia City, Unova
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
81 posts
1.3 Years
Although I'm probably just upset because if I catch a certain Unova Pokemon it won't appear in the Pokedex in Generation 7 because it only includes "Alolan Pokemon."

Still salty >:(
Nocturnal...? W-What does that mean?😕
He/Him
Tokyo, Japan
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
15 posts
16 Days
I'm no programmer, but I remember doing a double-take when I managed to transfer in a Koffing to my copy of Sun and saw that its dex entry was just...blank.

Like, not even copy-pasted from a previous generation, which would have honestly been fine with me.

Surely if you can code / copy-paste in entire pokemon, you can do the same for literal lines of text, right...?

Fritz

---

Age 21
Male
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
1,338 posts
4.2 Years
I've never completed the National Dex in any game before, and all the Pokémon from previous games were in Gen 7 anyway so this didn't bother me too much personally. Was only disappointed in Gen 8 when the lack of a National Dex came with certain Pokémon missing from the game entirely.

Sydian

fake your death.

Age 28
they/he
Georgia
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
32,841 posts
12.8 Years
i didn't know so guess who tackled the national dex in ultramoon and then found out like. after sword/shield came out that it wasn't even in usum lmfaooooo i didn't finish btw bc i moved on to other projects but like the fact i tackled it and was almost done and i still didn't know is hilarious.
give me a shot to remember.

twitter

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness

Female
the shredded cheese in your fridge
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
772 posts
1.5 Years
It made it easy to get the shiny charm lol. Honestly though, I don’t mind that there’s no National Dex.

Q+A / My Art
^Click on them!^