Started by seeker January 16th, 2012 12:54 PM
  • 368 replies
Male
Alola Reigon
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
489 posts
3.8 Years
I do not know if it will be on, but it would be nice if some map was an example of the new mechanics of 2vs3,1vs3 ...

Another thing that would not be bad is to put the corresponding sprites directly, if the codes of 7 and 6 are set, it would save some work in looking for them
This is all gonna be in the Wiki later.

Golisopod User Challenges you to a Battle on his Discord! (Golisopod User#2006)

I've been working with Pokemon Essentials for about a year now. Check out my resources:

Male
Alola Reigon
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
489 posts
3.8 Years
Is it possible to give the player an unlimited number of Pokemon Boxes?

Also, what's the ETA on the latest-gen Pokemon getting into Essentials?
No, you can set the boxes to a very high number but you can't have it be Infinite.

Also, Gen 8 is being added soon.

I've been working with Pokemon Essentials for about a year now. Check out my resources:

Age 25
He/Him
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
40 posts
335 Days
Hi, so I saw the GitHub Respiratory & I'd say the 4 forks (Reborn AI, Gen 8, MKXP, & optimizing code) cover the majority of what one would want for Essentials v19.

I'd like to offer 4 more suggestions for Essentials:

1) (from Sun/Moon) When catching a Pokemon while your party is full, after the Pokedex updates, you can choose to swap out a Pokemon in your party to add the newly caught Pokemon. Like what this script does: https://reliccastle.com/resources/176/

2) Upon changing the terrain (Electric/Misty/Psychic/Grassy), the battle background changes to match the newly set terrain, & after the terrain ends, the battle background reverts to what it was at the start of battle. (New battle backgrounds for the 4 terrains can be made by copying some of the ripped HGSS/DPP backgrounds & shifting the hue/saturation)

3) setbattlerule("randomlead") an option to randomize the party order of an opposing trainer, instead of leading with the first defined Pokemon in trainers.txt every time.

4) (from HGSS & Gen 5) New optional field(s) in trainers.txt "ace= true, 'dialogue', 'music.ogg' " that when set to true, the opponent trainer won't send out the last defined Pokemon until all other Pokemon have been KO'ed. "dialogue" and "music.ogg" are optional parameters that allow for the opponent trainer to make a speech (Gen 4+) & a change in music upon sending out the ace (Gen 5)
- If both suggestions 3 & 4 are implemented & set to true, the ace will still go last
Male
Unova
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
152 posts
12.4 Years
Oricorio's form is set to random 1 in 4 chance, but should it not be set per terrain tag (different colored flowers) or at the very least based on map?

MultipleForms.register(:ORICORIO,{
  "getFormOnCreation" => proc { |pkmn|
    next 1 if terrain==PBTerrain::FlowerYellow   # Pom-Pom Style
    next 2 if terrain==PBTerrain::FlowerPink     # Pa'u Style
    next 3 if terrain==PBTerrain::FlowerPurple   # Sensu Style
    next 0                                       # Baile Style
  },
})
Developing Pokémon: World Saga
Age 25
He/Him
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
40 posts
335 Days
Pokemon Renegade Platinum semi-randomizes the Elite Four teams. Every time you battle an Elite Four member, you don't know which of their four possible teams each one will use against you.

Is it possible to add a similar randomization function to certain Trainers?
This can be done by:

1) Define multiple versions of the same trainer in Trainers.txt (Example: E4_Lance Lance,0; E4_Lance Lance,1; E4_Lance Lance,2 if you want 3 variants of Lance)

2) In the trainer event, insert a control variable (you can set a specific variable for E4 variants, but I don't see the harm in using a temporary variable such as 1 or 2)

3) Within this [variable], select the operand "random" and set the first number to 0, & the second number will be the last variant (in this case 2).

4) Add a conditional branch below this variable

5) Set this conditional branch to if [variable] == 0, and initiate a battle against variant 0.

6) Repeat step 5 for each # of variants.

Hope this helps.

(Also, this question probably shouldn't go in the suggestions thread, but I understand why you'd post it here. Best of luck!)
Male
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
253 posts
2.3 Years
I think it would be nice if there was more support for simultaneous animations. This sort of exists with the damage animation, but having something like this for common and move animations (like with multi-target) would be nice and could speed up battles.
Online now
Posted 18 Hours Ago
130 posts
296 Days
A way to check the type of the Pokemon at the front of your party, a way to check your whole party for your selected type, and a way to check the type of the Pokemon you select from your party, would be great.

Scripts that rely on type-checks like "Is there a Water Pokemon in your party? Show me one to proceed into this Fire Gym!" and "This Script detected a Pokemon in your party without the Bug-type! You can't enter this area unless your team only contains Bug-type Pokemon!" rely on them, and I don't think Pokemon Essentials has a function like this yet.
Male
Alola Reigon
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
489 posts
3.8 Years
A way to check the type of the Pokemon at the front of your party, a way to check your whole party for your selected type, and a way to check the type of the Pokemon you select from your party, would be great.

Scripts that rely on type-checks like "Is there a Water Pokemon in your party? Show me one to proceed into this Fire Gym!" and "This Script detected a Pokemon in your party without the Bug-type! You can't enter this area unless your team only contains Bug-type Pokemon!" rely on them, and I don't think Pokemon Essentials has a function like this yet.
This is already possible.

Online now
Posted 18 Hours Ago
130 posts
296 Days
It is? How? I'm trying to code a Move Tutor who will let you select a type, pick a Pokemon in your team who has that type, and then teach that pokemon your choice from a set of great moves of your selected type.

So for example, a Wingull could learn Origin Pulse and Dragon Ascent from this NPC.

It's like STABmons but it's done by one NPC, giving every Pokemon a better movepool that depends on its type. I've already got him to apply selected moves to your Pokemon even if that Pokemon can't learn the move naturally, I just need a way to get the NPC to check the type and turn away Pokemon with the wrong type.

also, new Essentials suggestion: an in-built Multiplayer Battle mode, and a Randomizer mode.
Male
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
2 posts
9.7 Years
I haven't found this posted before (somewhat surprisingly), but apologies if it has.

Menu scroll speeds

One thing I've noticed with Essentials is that the menu scroll speeds seem to be quite slow, eg in the Bag. The debug menus are also quite slow, especially long lists like "warp to map".

(I know you can use PgUp/PgDn to skip quickly, but it's easy to overshoot and it is then quite slow to navigate back to the correct item. It also means scrolling half a page is still quite slow.)

I've noticed that on each scroll, the pictures/descriptions update (eg, item in bag, or image of the map in the debug warp menu), which I imagine is computationally expensive. Would it be possible to implement faster scrolling by having it not update these details until the Up/Down arrow keys are lifted? This would allow us to quickly scroll down to the right item/option (by holding the key down), and only needs to update the data once the scrolling bar "lands"...
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
78 posts
318 Days
After a trainer battle your opponent come back on screen and give a losing speech defined by "LoseText". However if you use the battle rule "canLose" the battle just ends if the player loses.
Can we get the opponent to appear on screen and say something with "WinText"?
The Mid Battle Dialogue Script by Golisopod User has this Functionality.
Online now
Posted 18 Hours Ago
130 posts
296 Days
How about a way to let NPCs permanently change the Types of a Pokemon? So there could be a Move Tutor except instead of teaching moves to a Pokemon of your choice, he changes the type of your chosen Pokemon to one/two types of your choice. And one NPC could give you a Fire-type Pikachu, changing its type when giving it to you.

This feature idea was inspired by a Smogon format called Camomons where the types of the first two moves your Pokemon knows determines his type. However limiting it to a moveset is too limiting, letting players go with any type by asking the Type Guru NPC seems better.