• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Tile Inserting in FireRed

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
I just have a quick question is it safe to replace all this blank space in the TileSet2 of Pallet Town (or any other map for that matter) with new tiles?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Tilesets with custom door animations have issues with the last 12 blocks (0x3F4 - 0x3FF) of the tileset. The door animations are loaded over any tile that uses those blocks. In addition, if tile animations are associated with a tileset, they will overwrite whatever is put there, so you will either need to edit the animation graphics in the ROM to something else or use a tool like Lu-Ho's animation editor to remove them. The fountain in Celadon City comes to mind as an example of a secondary tileset with animations.

Other than those two issues, you should be able to fill up the rest of the tileset with whatever you need.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Hey, I'm pretty new and wasn't sure where to ask. (I also can't find an answer browsing through the forms) But I added some tiles in the black area of that tileset for pallet town.
Everything looks fine, but when I leave the map and go back in, all the custom tiles are jumbled up with random tiles (buildings, parts of trees, stuff like that.)
I'm not sure what to do, if anybody can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hey, I'm pretty new and wasn't sure where to ask. (I also can't find an answer browsing through the forms) But I added some tiles in the black area of that tileset for pallet town.
Everything looks fine, but when I leave the map and go back in, all the custom tiles are jumbled up with random tiles (buildings, parts of trees, stuff like that.)
I'm not sure what to do, if anybody can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

That's probably because both maps have different second tilesets. Make sure that both maps have the same second tileset OR make sure that the 6 tiles (up-down) or 8 tiles (left-right) near the border between the two maps are only from the (identical) first tileset.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Wow thanks for the quick reply Kalarie!
I was using two different tilesets lol
Went back and remapped it and it works perfect now.
Thank you so much for your help

Back