The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Emerald Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Old March 1st, 2018 (2:14 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RagingRuss View Post
    so with the PRNG being fixed, can anayone confirm that you can shiny hunt in this game like any other pokemon game?
    i love shiny hunting so i just want to know
    someone, anyone, pls confirm

Old March 17th, 2018 (11:25 PM).

Soundproof is busted as it blocks all kinds of attacks.
      Old March 31st, 2018 (7:52 PM). Edited April 8th, 2018 by DraconianWing.
      Aerilate Thrasher

Nature: Naive
      Although progress with incorporating the new battle engine is currently on hold, I've been at work with making some minor tweaks with Sigma Emerald. The wait for the completion of the disassembly provides (very) plenty of time to refine what is present before adding more new stuff into the game. Upcoming changes will include minor wild encounter tweaks as well as music changes in a few areas.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by WorldsBoss View Post
      I understand that this project is on hold for now, but there was one thing that really stuck out to me as being improvable. By the looks of your encounter document, you can only obtain one Unown in this game. For people who might want different kinds, I think it would be better to put Unown in the Regi chambers with the braille. This is thematically quite appropriate and gives people the chance to hunt for all of them. No doubt there is something else that would work better for Unown's current location in the game?
      I have addressed this concern for the next update. Wild Unown will be found in the inner portion of the Sealed Chamber (after the player uses Dig) and gives the chance for all variants to be caught :)

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Qivine View Post
      Actually, I'm playing the game on a GBA with a GBA Everdrive x5 where I get the draining kiss bug. Oh well, I just don't use the move after that.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by dragonfree97 View Post
      I'm getting the same Draining Kiss bug with a VC injected ROM on my old 3DS
      Thanks for the clarifications. I'll try looking further into the issue with this move, though the bug merely slows down the gameplay.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Strike the Blood View Post
      A few of my suggestions:

1. A challenge mode for those of us who like to punish ourselves.

2. More items from Gen 4+ available pre E4.

3. Reducing the pokedex down to a custom size, I see no point in a hack or sideshow hack having every gen 1-3 pokemon available, it creates overcrowding on every route and it's really not necessary. Adding in the Gen 4 evolutions and perhaps a few event pokemon from later gens would be cool. But nearly 400 pokemon is way too much.

4. Perhaps adding in a shard system similar to Gen 4 + with certain moves being allowed to be tutored.
      1. A challenge mode will be considered once the project is finished. It'll be tough trying to maintain two different branches whenever there are new features to be added.

2. Will be easier with the new engine, as there will be less of a need to add new routines into the ROM individually.

3. The plan is to add cross-gen evolutions and keep everything else as-is. (and rearrange the Pokedex accordingly)

4. Like #2 and #3, will be more seamless to implement once the new battle engine is here.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by RagingRuss View Post
      so with the PRNG being fixed, can anayone confirm that you can shiny hunt in this game like any other pokemon game?
      i love shiny hunting so i just want to know
      You might want to consult Tlachtli regarding this, as he was the one who fixed the PRNG in Sigma Emerald.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Earthbound18 View Post
      Soundproof is busted as it blocks all kinds of attacks.
      Specifics please?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: v1.9 has been uploaded, bringing updated cries consistent with Gen 6 onward. Refer to the changelog for the full list of changes.

Additionally, the encounter sheet has been updated with the latest tweaks to the locations of each Pokemon (wild, event, and in-game trade)

"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
      Old April 10th, 2018 (12:42 PM).

Thank you for the update! Cannot wait for updated engine, this is my favorite Emerald hack and I'm excited for it to get even better.
        Old April 13th, 2018 (5:13 AM).

Nature: Bold
          It's my favorite Emerald hack Too!
          Old April 16th, 2018 (2:05 PM).

I keep encountering a strange bug where the battle music will get stuck disabling all in game music. Saving the game will cause it to freeze. Playing on John GBA.
            Old April 16th, 2018 (2:22 PM).
            Aerilate Thrasher

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Zalias88 View Post
            I keep encountering a strange bug where the battle music will get stuck disabling all in game music. Saving the game will cause it to freeze. Playing on John GBA.
            Send me a copy of your gamesave with details on how it is triggered

Old April 16th, 2018 (7:41 PM).

Nature: Quiet
              Hey! Just wanna ask if the newly updated version has higher difficulty.
              If there is anyone out here suffering or struggling to get through life, then please listen to my song. I hope it gives you the energy to continue fighting so you can see a brighter day.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfyWlEdZAc
              Old April 18th, 2018 (1:13 AM).

Please, add Flare Blitz to the game before the updated emerald engine, it's the last thing that doesn't makes the game perfect for me...
                Old April 18th, 2018 (11:16 AM). Edited April 20th, 2018 by DraconianWing.
                Aerilate Thrasher

v1.912

The 1.912 update is made for players who wish to challenge the Battle Frontier with IV/EV trained Pokemon. Everything that was added is found within the building behind the Pokemon Center. Here's what's new:

New Stat Judge
                The new stat judge will go through a selected Pokemon's IVs one-by-one before giving an overall assessment. He replaces the Legendary Breeder, who is now located inside the Day Care at Route 117.

EV Checker
                The EV checker will go through a selcted Pokemon's EVs in the same manner as the new stat judge. Selecting "Info" on the EV Checker and Stat Judge's option boxes will give the player a brief rundown on EVs and IVs respectively (because why not?).

Hyper Trainer
                Last but not least, the Hyper Trainer will train a selected Pokemon to perfect IVs at the cost of three Heart Scales. (Not intended to be a recreation of Gen 7's Hyper Trainer as I have not played any of the Gen 7 games)

It took--a lot--of scripting and debugging to get these three to function smoothly and efficiently, but it was well-worth it in the end. I have intended to add IV/EV checking and Hyper Training to the Battle Frontier quite some time now, and it feels amazing to finally have them completed. Enjoy!

EDIT: Pushed v1.912 with further improvements in dialogue and script execution

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Inner Rhymes View Post
                Hey! Just wanna ask if the newly updated version has higher difficulty.
                Nope. The difficulty is more or less identical to v1.8

Old April 19th, 2018 (6:56 AM).

Hi, DraconianWing! ty for the amazing hack rom :)
                  you said the sprites would be the last thing u gonna change, but, but, why not the first? :DD
                  I played a hack rom recently and the sprites are perfect(Dinisk H.rom), fired red rom based, sprite platinum.
                  can u add those sprites in emerald rom? Thank you in advance.

Dinisk rom with the sprites:
                  showthread.php?t=405443
                  Old April 19th, 2018 (8:44 AM). Edited April 19th, 2018 by takyon.

Quote:
                    I played a hack rom recently and the sprites are perfect(Dinisk H.rom), fired red rom based, sprite platinum.
                    can u add those sprites in emerald rom? Thank you in advance.
                    Not only are those sprites noticably worse, but since its in firered they don't even move like they do in sigma emerald. The sprites are fine as is.

Not to mention its absolutely unreasonable to ask someone to redo the entire sprite list all over again just because of a preference of platinum over hgss sprites (which are the same)
                    Old April 19th, 2018 (6:06 PM).

Thanks for this hack, Mr. Draco. I have a question, when the new engine comes out, you're going to put mega evos?
                      Old April 28th, 2018 (10:15 AM).

Hello: May you add the following moves: Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Quiver Dance and Nasty Plot? I adore that moves though.
                        Old May 9th, 2018 (2:01 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Lori55 View Post
                          Hello: May you add the following moves: Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Quiver Dance and Nasty Plot? I adore that moves though.
                          Also Flare Blitz, pls ;-;
                          Old May 14th, 2018 (1:29 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
                            Although progress with incorporating the new battle engine is currently on hold, I've been at work with making some minor tweaks with Sigma Emerald. The wait for the completion of the disassembly provides (very) plenty of time to refine what is present before adding more new stuff into the game. Upcoming changes will include minor wild encounter tweaks as well as music changes in a few areas.

I have addressed this concern for the next update. Wild Unown will be found in the inner portion of the Sealed Chamber (after the player uses Dig) and gives the chance for all variants to be caught :)

Thanks for the clarifications. I'll try looking further into the issue with this move, though the bug merely slows down the gameplay.

1. A challenge mode will be considered once the project is finished. It'll be tough trying to maintain two different branches whenever there are new features to be added.

2. Will be easier with the new engine, as there will be less of a need to add new routines into the ROM individually.

3. The plan is to add cross-gen evolutions and keep everything else as-is. (and rearrange the Pokedex accordingly)

4. Like #2 and #3, will be more seamless to implement once the new battle engine is here.

You might want to consult Tlachtli regarding this, as he was the one who fixed the PRNG in Sigma Emerald.

Specifics please?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: v1.9 has been uploaded, bringing updated cries consistent with Gen 6 onward. Refer to the changelog for the full list of changes.

Additionally, the encounter sheet has been updated with the latest tweaks to the locations of each Pokemon (wild, event, and in-game trade)
                            Around route 112-113 when you get off Slateport theres a few trainers with voltorbs with soundproof. It seems to block all attacks even ones like roar,toxic. So it 's impossible to kill.
                            Old May 16th, 2018 (8:38 PM).
                            Legendary_Trainer_Alexandre Legendary_Trainer_Alexandre is offline
                            Grand Duke

Nature: Calm
                              When I try to patch the game onto a clean Emerald ROM it says that the input checksum is invalid any suggestions to help me?
                              "Regardless the circumstances, I intend to question the defendant with all I have. *takes off glasses* For that is a part of my creed. -Miles Edgeworth in episode 5 of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destines Check out my story Pokemon Dual Dimensions
                              Old May 21st, 2018 (10:28 AM).

Any Chance of getting gen 4 evolution for gen 1-3 pokemon
                                Old May 25th, 2018 (1:48 AM).

The game crashes anytime a volbeat is appears or is supposed to be sent out by a trainer.
                                  Old June 4th, 2018 (11:24 AM).

Nature: Bold
                                    My match call don't work, why?
                                    Old June 4th, 2018 (10:03 PM).
                                    jirachiwishmaker jirachiwishmaker is offline

Nature: Lonely
                                      To make the new moves animations show in the contests, just go to 0xDE83A to replace B1 with FF.
                                      Old June 11th, 2018 (2:11 AM).

Great hack! I think its really good idea to update just mechanics without bringing all new generations in 3rd gen. Looking forward for new versions. Would be cool to get tactician scizor and poison heal breloom in 3rd game pokemons. Maybe with toxic and other orbs.

On a side note - I think it would be better to return cacoon pokemons in Petalburg woods. Since final evolution of wurple is dependent on "invisible" stats, it become hard to get both of them for pokedex.

P.S. Sturdy is still pre 5 gen mechanics, right?
                                        Old June 20th, 2018 (7:13 PM). Edited June 21st, 2018 by Lunos.
                                        Random Uruguayan User

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned in the Bugs Section.
                                          If your pokémon levels up with the experience obtained by catching a pokémon, the pokédex screen that shows up if you caught said pokémon for the very first time looks screwed up.

EDIT: Pretty sure this is Deoxys' triangle.

EDIT2: "encounter guide.txt" is incomplete/not entirely reliable. Nuzleaf can appear in Route 114, yet the document doesn't say so.
                                          Old June 21st, 2018 (4:51 PM).

I'm having trouble patching the latest version... It is giving me a checksum error when I go to patch it....
                                            Old June 21st, 2018 (4:55 PM).
                                            Random Uruguayan User

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by susanoomon View Post
                                              I'm having trouble patching the latest version... It is giving me a checksum error when I go to patch it....
                                              If you're using NUPS Patcher, make sure to set "If file is invalid" to "Ignore".
                                              If you're using Tsukuyomi, make sure to check "Bypass checksum validation"

Quick Reply