• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Kaphotics

♥ Quick Claw Guillotine ♥
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2018
Greetings Guys
Thanks for SDSME I really like It
I got some Problem in Pokemon Black and Platinum
In pokmeon Black Dream Yard Script 304 and Giving Pokemon

===

010C 0x8010 0x1 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0x3 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0x5 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0x7 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0x9 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0xA 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0xC 0x0 0xA

===

Work fine first 5 pokemon gave me not all ( Because i have 5 empty slot )
Could you help me ?
In Platinum Pokemon Starter on Route 201 have no script giving pokemon ( I don't understand )
SDSME next version Release Date ?? Thanks
Regards

010C script command (TryAddPKMToParty) works like so:
arg1: (var) - Returned value Y/N if Pokemon was added or not
arg2: (int) - Species to try adding
arg3: (meh) - secondary bitflags (unknown?)
arg4: (int) - Level to try adding

The first 5 010C commands issued work because you have 5 empty slots, and the rest "don't work" because the command can't add any more to your party. If you do some logic operations on var_10 after each TryAdd you can detect if each command worked or not. Generally, it's best to only add one at a time, and proceed from there.

For Platinum, it's likely not a "Add PKM to Party" command; instead it's probably opening the case and some hard-coded function.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
THANK YOU SO MUCH SPIKY-EARED PICHU I WANTED TO MAKE A HACK WITH LUCARIO AND INFERNAPE AND GIRATINA BUT DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO PROGRAM THEM IN AND NOW I DON'T HAVE TO!!!!!!

Years
Kaphotics Thanks for reply Niow I understand
never transfer in any box LOL
any Pokemon NDS games
Well I thinks like Pokemon Firered and Ruby Ha ha ha ha give pokemon
Thanks
Regards

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Hello everyone :)
I got a problem with SDSME
When open my rom i makes a folder that good then it loads
The program is stopped working
Then i only can choose close program :(
I use the last version
Any help?

hypermonkey

N008 H4CK3R
Years
Thanks for bringing such an amazing tool!
Just wondering, but is this map editor still being worked on? It has almost been a year since it was last updated.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
when i try to load a game (so far heart gold and pokemon white) i get an error that says it cant find a banner.bin file. im on windows XP

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2021
Hi Spiky, this tool is awesome and I've tried to use it for a project I've got in mind.

However, something strange occurs. I edited Header 107's (Mt.Moon Main Floor) Texture 1 field replacing it's value with the one of Cerulean Cave, since I wanted Mt.Moon to use Cerulean Cave's tileset. I made sure I pressed enter when writing the value and saved the header.

But when I test in-game, the map has still got it's original tileset, even though SDSME shows the map's header with the new value /:

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
Hi Spiky, this tool is awesome and I've tried to use it for a project I've got in mind.

However, something strange occurs. I edited Header 107's (Mt.Moon Main Floor) Texture 1 field replacing it's value with the one of Cerulean Cave, since I wanted Mt.Moon to use Cerulean Cave's tileset. I made sure I pressed enter when writing the value and saved the header.

But when I test in-game, the map has still got it's original tileset, even though SDSME shows the map's header with the new value /:

It's not that, you can't edit the tileset like that. Your gonna have to change textures internally, by using MKDS Editor/Modifier Latest. Or you can extract the tileset file and change the texture names using hex. I wish there was an easier way doing this, but using MKDS is the easiest.

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
The script command "008B" may be named "SetGivedPokemonMove". For example:

Code:
GiveStoredPokemon 0x[SIZE=1]PokemonNumber[/SIZE] 0x[SIZE=1]??[/SIZE] 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x800C
008B 0x8005 0x0 0x[SIZE=1]FirstMoveNumber[/SIZE]
008B 0x8005 0x1 0x[SIZE=1]SecondMoveNumber[/SIZE] (Optional)
008B 0x8005 0x2 0x[SIZE=1]ThirdMoveNumber[/SIZE] (Optional)
008B 0x8005 0x3 0x[SIZE=1]FourthMoveNumber[/SIZE] (Optional)

This script is used, for example, in HGSS, when you receive the Dratini with Extreme Speed.

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2021
It's not that, you can't edit the tileset like that. Your gonna have to change textures internally, by using MKDS Editor/Modifier Latest. Or you can extract the tileset file and change the texture names using hex. I wish there was an easier way doing this, but using MKDS is the easiest.

Yes, but this would make every map using that tileset file have the new textures, while I want only Mt.Moon and Cerulean Cave to display them. Is that possible?

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
Yes, but this would make every map using that tileset file have the new textures, while I want only Mt.Moon and Cerulean Cave to display them. Is that possible?

I know how to add a new texture line to the tileset files, the only problem is that you have to find time hex editing the maps obj files that have those textures. Edit the map.obj with hex editor and find texture name. You can change the name of the textures you see to the tileset's texture. It will only affect the map.obj you selected. If I can make a tut on how to add a new texture to the tileset file, you can use those new texture names on maps you only want textures to appear in.
(remember map.obj textures must have the same names as the tilesets in order to show.)

Sorry I made this very fast, and I'm not an active user because I'm a full time student, and part time worker. If you need help or more tips, just pm me or other guys who does nds rom hacking around here.

I'm also making a program that can edit the textures and its name using something like paint. By attaching an obj, you can see the textures it has. I'm not sure what else is needed, but I will have a release plan for it.
(It means that you can select an obj map file, and tileset file that goes with the map. Then edit them or add new texture without the use of hex editing.)

Because of this program I haven't been on hacking other areas of the NDS Rom, since I plan to solo this project out. I'm still learning the use of how to program with C+ and other stuff. But I'm getting there.

Goodluck RomHackers!

Last edited:

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
The SDSME makes the HGSS arm9 incompatible for r4 and similar. And the map headers are in arm9.bin

Years
Hello Guys i just need a small help
My game Pokemon Platinum V1.0A EU
I can't find script for Text 379
Could you Help Me Please am finding too But Fail
Thanks in Advance

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
Hello, I want to know how to add a rematchable N on the Top of Celestial Tower, after beating Alder... can someone explain me or direct me to a place/thread/post/etc. of how can i do this? Please?

I also want to know if it's possible with this tool?

I couldn't open the trainer editor, is this normal?

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It's just like any program, if it isn't open source... no one can continue where the person left off at when the person no longer has interest in continuing the project or they have had some condition in where they can't continue. AdvanceMap is a good example of how a closed source project has been abandoned.

But of course, I highly doubt this project would get abandoned until quite a few years have passed. ^^'

Back