The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Platinum Pokémon Flawless Platinum

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Old May 7th, 2014 (2:43 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fidgety View Post
    The twins on the upper part of 204 have their names messed up, it is a bunch of plusses and japanese characters with the player's name tacked onto the end.

He's already mentioned this. It happens to all double battles for some reason.

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 18th, 2014 (9:25 PM).

HOW DO YOU EVEN START PLAYING THIS GAME? I am using a mac and I have download OpenEmu, MultiPatch, the media fire file for the game, put when I try to apply the challenge mode patch to the 3541 Pokemon Platinum game through MultiPatch (which supposedly supports xDelta), it tells that the patching failed..."Invalid input. This typically means that the file you selected to patch is not the file your patch is intended for.".....What the heck do I do?
      Old May 19th, 2014 (11:27 AM).
      The God of Fire

Nature: Quiet
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ElDanko View Post
        HOW DO YOU EVEN START PLAYING THIS GAME? I am using a mac and I have download OpenEmu, MultiPatch, the media fire file for the game, put when I try to apply the challenge mode patch to the 3541 Pokemon Platinum game through MultiPatch (which supposedly supports xDelta), it tells that the patching failed..."Invalid input. This typically means that the file you selected to patch is not the file your patch is intended for.".....What the heck do I do?
        Hm. First question: Are you using the Platinum ROM that is listed in the Patching Instructions? If you are, then it could be that I need to look into creating a patch that works with Mac-compatible programs. If you aren't using that particular one, try that and see if it works.
        Old May 21st, 2014 (9:44 AM).

No, I'm using a MAC also (playing on Desmume), and by getting the precise ROM you specified and using Multipatch it worked perfectly.

They might be getting the wrong ROM, I remember when Googling that there was one with almost the exact same name but without the username on the end of it.

(And this is an absolute blast so far by the way. Mars' Purugly was so tough to fight if you don't have a Fighting type (dat Hypnosis and Fake Out and STAB max power Frustration), Fantina took a few tries until I could tank and kill her Gengar, and Maylene took a clutch win to beat. Though right after I lost to Galactic Grunts. Not too far in the game yet but this is an awesome challenge, and I'm glad at least some Pokemon have been buffed already so I can use Pokemon like Chimecho which I've never used before!)
          Old May 26th, 2014 (4:22 PM).

Hey, just started trying this hack, had a few unexpected defeats, but I like that (Mars was owning me, heh). Having considerably more fun playing this than playing two randomized games at once with one controller, haha.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could like the changes that affect when we get some items (like the PokeRadar and the evolution stones) so we don't have to go on guessing.

Thanks for the hack and good job!
            Old June 2nd, 2014 (2:45 PM).

Hey so i havent been able to open the documentation things and the patching instructions for some reason, so i was wondering if somebody could get me like a pastebin or something of them so that i could read them. I am really excited to play this hack and cant wait to finally be able to play it
              Old August 27th, 2014 (7:24 AM).
              But nothing happened.

Nature: Hasty
                Let me just say that this hack is really flawless.. The level curve is great and a lot of the pokemons became more viable.. Although I lol'd on how tough my rival is... It became a challenge for me instead.. Thank you for this..
                Old September 12th, 2014 (5:02 AM).

First time playing this MOD, Pretty cool so far, until i can't find Lustrous Orb, tho i can get Adamant Orb in the usual location, aren't both of those suppose to be in the same cave? cuz when i go there i only able to see one Pokeball item on the Left which is adamant orb, Lustrous orb are missing. using v2.8 patch.
                  Ummm is it just me or anyone else is having the same issue?
                  Old September 15th, 2014 (9:30 PM).

I really like what I see and so far this beats other Plat modded games. I've decided to play this game in place of Platinum for my Poison Monotype Challenge. :) Thanks for the hack and keep up the good work! --- also i've added this thread as a link in my signature to hopefully help advertise. I'll keep you updated if I find anything really out of place or something. Thanks again.
                    Progress: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]
                    Old October 18th, 2014 (8:54 PM). Edited October 19th, 2014 by geox123.
                    "Can go all night" Philosopher

Playing Challenge Mode; after beating the E4 and getting to the hall of fame, the game gets stuck on this screen (Staraptor is first in my party, btw):

Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: Nevermind. Problem with Desmume; played it on my actual DS and no problems were found.

EDIT 2: Regirock event/script not working properly? When I walk in to the cave, it never comes out, I just get this message, as if I had already caught it.

EDIT 3: Is this where Lugia is supposed to be? It's not there :(

EDIT 4:No Heatran either; I did talk to Buck's grandpa.
                      Old December 15th, 2014 (6:57 PM).
                      The God of Fire

@Silverie: They should be. I didn't see anything wrong with that area in the scripts, which is to be expected since I only changed the Wild Pokemon there. I'll see if I can replicate that in-game.
                        @geox123: Regirock I understand provided you battled the other two. However, Lugia and Heatran should be there, and the scripts line-up. I'll have to see why that might be happening.

I do apologize for my lack of presence these past few months. I have been quite busy. Today was the first true day off I've had since the middle of August between work and school. Version 3.0 is now available, and with it two new versions of Flawless Platinum. Inverse Normal Mode and Inverse Challenge Mode. These are the same as Normal and Challenge Mode with the exception of type effectiveness. As the names imply, the type chart has been reversed relative to Platinum, akin to Gen VI's Inverse Battles (Normal is super-effective against Rock, Steel, and Ghost, etc). There are also a few changes to Pokemon, some of which will hopefully make Challenge Mode's single hardest battle easier (The first rival battle if you chose anything but Turtwig).
                        Old December 17th, 2014 (5:56 PM).
                        the ultamite pokemon master

I would love to try this 493 hack, but DS emulators i have downloaded are slow and laggy on my computer,so it's annoying to play DS games on one.
                          Old December 18th, 2014 (8:35 AM).

I thought I'd just mention that the event in the trainer school where you hand your rival the parcel causes the game to hang. Nothing happens, except the music keeps playing.

I really like being able to use manaphy at the beginning of the game, and would like to continue playing this hack.
                            Old December 19th, 2014 (6:33 AM). Edited December 27th, 2014 by Spherical Ice.

Thanks for making this hack, although I found a bug. Right after receiving the town map, the game appears to freeze. I can't move or anything, but the music is still playing as normal.

Where can I get the Super Rod in this hack?
                              Old December 31st, 2014 (9:11 PM).
                              The God of Fire

Okay, the bug involving the game freezing at the beginning is an easy fix. Unfortunately, I learned about it when I was away from my laptop, which is where I do anything related to this, for two weeks. I'm back on it, though, so version 3.1 is out now! And the fact that I am releasing this on December 31st where I live is completely coincidental.

@supanut2000: The Super Rod is available in Canalave City now.
                                Old December 31st, 2014 (9:35 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Draknir View Post
                                  Okay, the bug involving the game freezing at the beginning is an easy fix. Unfortunately, I learned about it when I was away from my laptop, which is where I do anything related to this, for two weeks. I'm back on it, though, so version 3.1 is out now! And the fact that I am releasing this on December 31st where I live is completely coincidental.

@supanut2000: The Super Rod is available in Canalave City now.
                                  Thanks for fixing the freeze! However, I found another weird thing. After I captured Mesprit, it did not disappear like the other legendaries. It's just as if I haven't even capture it at all; despite the fact that it's in the PC. This means that I can battle it over and over again.
                                  Is this a glitch or something?
                                  Old January 1st, 2015 (4:31 AM).

Location: Bangladesh.Though I think you're not familiar with it.
                                    Nature: Hasty
                                    Was thinking to play again any of DPPt anytime soon.And seeing your hack has inspired me more.Will try it our for sure!
                                    Old January 18th, 2015 (2:42 AM).

Nature: Calm
                                      Sorry but i dont get a togepi egg from Cynthia in the first time after beating Galactic team at the northern building, i only got HM 01, help me please! thank you!
                                      Old January 18th, 2015 (2:44 AM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by shiyako View Post
                                        Sorry but i dont get a togepi egg from Cynthia in the first time after beating Galactic team at the northern building, i only got HM 01, help me please! thank you!
                                        How many pokemon are there in your team at the time you're about to get the egg? In my replay I didn't get it since my team was full, but got the egg after I put one pokemon into the PC.
                                        Old January 18th, 2015 (2:54 AM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by supanut2000 View Post
                                          How many pokemon are there in your team at the time you're about to get the egg? In my replay I didn't get it since my team was full, but got the egg after I put one pokemon into the PC.
                                          In the first time i got full team and keep walking to the next city (forgot about that event) after i recognize i have no that egg, i get back to that place with 5 of my team, but nothing happens, so i dont get that egg anymore??
                                          Old January 18th, 2015 (5:11 AM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by shiyako View Post
                                            In the first time i got full team and keep walking to the next city (forgot about that event) after i recognize i have no that egg, i get back to that place with 5 of my team, but nothing happens, so i dont get that egg anymore??
                                            Hmmm that's weird; I tried it on version 3.1, normal mode of the hack and everything worked like magic.
                                            Old January 18th, 2015 (7:12 AM).

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by supanut2000 View Post
                                              Hmmm that's weird; I tried it on version 3.1, normal mode of the hack and everything worked like magic.
                                              umm, i play challenge version, i only see Cynthia one time front of the trees to receive HM 01, so sad i dont get togepi egg ~_~
                                              Old March 5th, 2015 (2:00 PM).

Nature: Serious
                                                Hello Draknir. I'm making my own hack and I was wondering how you changed the level of the Legendary Pokemon.
                                                Old March 5th, 2015 (2:36 PM).
                                                Ocular Stratus Ocular Stratus is offline
                                                It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.

Nature: Adamant
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by 2155720 View Post
                                                  Hello Draknir. I'm making my own hack and I was wondering how you changed the level of the Legendary Pokemon.
                                                  A hack you say? You want to give ol' Ocular the inside scoop? I would like to hear about your idea.

Username:
                                                  Ocular Stratus
                                                  Favorite Pokemon:

I Love Pokemon!
                                                  & Nothing you say will ever make me grow up...

Thursday
                                                  Thanks For All The Help Making This Sig :D
                                                  Old March 5th, 2015 (9:45 PM).

Location: Tampa, Florida USA
                                                    Nature: Serious
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Ocular Stratus View Post
                                                    A hack you say? You want to give ol' Ocular the inside scoop? I would like to hear about your idea.
                                                    Ok so after seeing a few DS ROM hacks, I thought of making a hack of my own. It wasn't from a regular ROM it was from a Randomized ROM. But I'm trying to put more Pokemon in the game. I also change around the trainers' teams and Gym Leaders' teams as well. I also changed the prices in the Poke Mart. Humorous text is added in it as well. All I'm trying to do is to fix freezes and bugs. I'm looking forward to finish it soon.
                                                    Attached Images
                                                    File Type: png Mart.png‎ (9.0 KB, 25 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                                    File Type: png Type Change.png‎ (11.8 KB, 29 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Quick Reply