The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Emerald Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.913]

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old October 6th, 2015 (10:07 PM). Edited October 6th, 2015 by OmegaBlazerX.
OmegaBlazerX's Avatar
OmegaBlazerX OmegaBlazerX is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Location: Portugal
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 8
    I see with some tools i have that geodude and several pokemon like oddish or female nedoran for exemple and the trainers use the same moves the rest of the game is great my problem is the movesets of a lot of the pokemon some of them only have 1 or 2 diferent moves other pokemon have more moves wrong.

    Sorry for my english.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old October 7th, 2015 (10:24 AM).
    DraconianWing's Avatar
    DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
    Aerilate Thrasher
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Fallarbor Town
    Age: 18
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 943
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OmegaBlazerX View Post
    I see with some tools i have that geodude and several pokemon like oddish or female nedoran for exemple and the trainers use the same moves the rest of the game is great my problem is the movesets of a lot of the pokemon some of them only have 1 or 2 diferent moves other pokemon have more moves wrong.

    Sorry for my english.
    I checked using G3HS and PGE the movesets for the Pokemon you mentioned, but couldn't find any incorrect moves. Are you sure you patched the proper Emerald base?

    Here's an example with Geodude:
    Spoiler:
    __________________


    "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
    Reply With Quote
      #28    
    Old October 9th, 2015 (6:18 PM).
    DraconianWing's Avatar
    DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
    Aerilate Thrasher
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Fallarbor Town
    Age: 18
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 943
    Alpha 5.5 is out :)

    Changes include updates to Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Wrap, and other stuff to match current-gen. Decapitalization that was missed (like "GO NEAR" and "TRAceD", among others) have been fixed as well. The changelog is listed on the OP; sorry about the messy spoilers. For some reason, it won't let me keep everything under one tag and makes its own separate one for each point.
    __________________


    "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
    Reply With Quote
      #29    
    Old October 13th, 2015 (1:59 PM).
    killercroc killercroc is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2015
      Posts: 1
      hello i was curious if any of you here have the alpha 3 release that is compatible with that mod(moe patch ) seeing as it may take a while (if at that) for the mods to become compatible with each other again. i checked the original thread and was unable to find a link for it. thank you
      Reply With Quote
        #30    
      Old October 17th, 2015 (10:38 AM).
      Strike the Blood's Avatar
      Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
      I am the best in the world.
       
      Join Date: May 2011
      Location: In the Flax Fields.
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 1,070
      Been playing through the latest Alpha, very much enjoying it, I have a few questions though:

      Do you intend to add more abiliteS?

      Do you intend on adding more moves?

      Do you plan on releasing a slightly harder version?
      __________________
      ~ I'm Adam ~ MyDramaList ~ MyAnimeList ~ Completed Challenges ~
      Reply With Quote
        #31    
      Old October 17th, 2015 (10:47 AM).
      DraconianWing's Avatar
      DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
      Aerilate Thrasher
       
      Join Date: Aug 2012
      Location: Fallarbor Town
      Age: 18
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naive
      Posts: 943
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by killercroc View Post
      hello i was curious if any of you here have the alpha 3 release that is compatible with that mod(moe patch ) seeing as it may take a while (if at that) for the mods to become compatible with each other again. i checked the original thread and was unable to find a link for it. thank you
      I'll put up a patch for Alpha 3 along with my next update.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kingdom of Tea View Post
      Been playing through the latest Alpha, very much enjoying it, I have a few questions though:

      Do you intend to add more abiliteS?

      Do you intend on adding more moves?

      Do you plan on releasing a slightly harder version?
      Thanks, glad you're liking it! :)

      - Yup, I learned how to do this just recently thanks to the authors over at the resource threads. Right now I'm testing a couple of new ones in the game, so keep an eye out for the next release.

      - Maybe, once I learn how to create new effects and such.

      - Not too sure on this one, actually. I only get to work on the hack in my spare time, so managing two separate versions might get in the way of things.
      __________________


      "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
      Reply With Quote
        #32    
      Old October 17th, 2015 (10:52 AM).
      SolunaKitty's Avatar
      SolunaKitty SolunaKitty is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2015
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 8
        Woah, I didn't know that this was picked up again; awesome!
        Reply With Quote
          #33    
        Old October 17th, 2015 (2:39 PM).
        Strike the Blood's Avatar
        Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
        I am the best in the world.
         
        Join Date: May 2011
        Location: In the Flax Fields.
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 1,070
        I mean you could always wait until it's done then go through and just edit the pokemon and their moves, I know it's more effort but would love to play a hardened version of this ^.^
        __________________
        ~ I'm Adam ~ MyDramaList ~ MyAnimeList ~ Completed Challenges ~
        Reply With Quote
          #34    
        Old October 19th, 2015 (4:07 PM).
        DraconianWing's Avatar
        DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
        Aerilate Thrasher
         
        Join Date: Aug 2012
        Location: Fallarbor Town
        Age: 18
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naive
        Posts: 943
        Alpha 6 now includes some new abilities! Major thanks to everyone at the Ability Resource Thread for the ASM routines :)

        Some species that only have access to one ability now have their hidden abilities put into their second slot, meaning that you can find them in the wild. Others have had a new ability assigned at their primary slot to add more diversity (for example, Kecleon now has Protean as its first ability, and Color Change second). If you find a Pokemon with an ability that it shouldn't have, please inform me.

        For the people who keep asking for Moemon compatible patches, a copy of an a3 patch has been uploaded to the OP as well.
        __________________


        "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
        Reply With Quote
          #35    
        Old October 21st, 2015 (9:05 PM).
        DraconianWing's Avatar
        DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
        Aerilate Thrasher
         
        Join Date: Aug 2012
        Location: Fallarbor Town
        Age: 18
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naive
        Posts: 943
        To reduce the need for new spoilers every update, I'll keep all subsequent updates after number transitions under one log. So, the next updates until Alpha 7 will be simply referred to as Alpha 6.X. The date beside the attachment will be changed whenever I release a newer patch.

        Skill Link has been added as the primary ability of Shellder and Cloyster, and Protean has been tweaked to include a short delay whenever Kecleon changes into another type. Gym Leader battles, both first match and rematches, now include VS splash screens before battle (go check out the screenies!).
        __________________


        "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
        Reply With Quote
          #36    
        Old October 22nd, 2015 (3:29 PM).
        qewadszcx132 qewadszcx132 is offline
           
          Join Date: Sep 2015
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 2
          I think my game buggered up.
          When I received the Togepi egg from the lady in Lavaridge Town, I had a Magcargo so the egg would hatch faster. When the egg hatched, I didn't receive a Togepi but instead a Wynaut.

          Is there any way I can edit the memory of the game to add to my PokeDex? Or do I have to restart my game?

          EDIT: I am using the MoeMon hack, if this makes a difference.
          Reply With Quote
            #37    
          Old October 22nd, 2015 (4:04 PM).
          DraconianWing's Avatar
          DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
          Aerilate Thrasher
           
          Join Date: Aug 2012
          Location: Fallarbor Town
          Age: 18
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 943
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by qewadszcx132 View Post
          I think my game buggered up.
          When I received the Togepi egg from the lady in Lavaridge Town, I had a Magcargo so the egg would hatch faster. When the egg hatched, I didn't receive a Togepi but instead a Wynaut.

          Is there any way I can edit the memory of the game to add to my PokeDex? Or do I have to restart my game?

          EDIT: I am using the MoeMon hack, if this makes a difference.
          Looking into the rom, it seems that the Egg at Lavaridge has not been edited to be a Togepi Egg. Apologies for the inconvenience. This project is a continuation of someone else's work, so I don't know everything about what changes have been made. I'm considering writing a new script for this so that you still get the Wynaut Egg first, then the Togepi Egg after beating the Pokemon League.

          You can open up the script in AdvanceMap and edit the script to give a Togepi Egg. In the giveegg command at line 18, change 0x168 to 0xAF (the index for Togepi).

          Only Alpha 3 is competible with the Moemon hack because of changes in event tables.
          __________________


          "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
          Reply With Quote
            #38    
          Old October 23rd, 2015 (2:00 AM).
          fallkitten's Avatar
          fallkitten fallkitten is offline
          I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
             
            Join Date: Sep 2008
            Location: Lithuania
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 175
            Gonna try it=) Looks great=3 The shiny ratio has increased, or these pokemon on the screenshots are somehow special?=)
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #39    
            Old October 23rd, 2015 (10:32 AM).
            DraconianWing's Avatar
            DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
            Aerilate Thrasher
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Location: Fallarbor Town
            Age: 18
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 943
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by fallkitten View Post
            Gonna try it=) Looks great=3 The shiny ratio has increased, or these pokemon on the screenshots are somehow special?=)
            As far as I know the rate itself is still the same. However, some of the ones in the screenshots are tied to some small in-game events :)

            I'll be releasing another update in a few hours to address a bug I've discovered with the ability Tangled Feet. As of now, it will cause the game to reset if triggered, so please try to avoid it until then.
            __________________


            "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
            Reply With Quote
              #40    
            Old October 23rd, 2015 (10:42 AM).
            Strike the Blood's Avatar
            Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
            I am the best in the world.
             
            Join Date: May 2011
            Location: In the Flax Fields.
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 1,070
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
            Looking into the rom, it seems that the Egg at Lavaridge has not been edited to be a Togepi Egg. Apologies for the inconvenience. This project is a continuation of someone else's work, so I don't know everything about what changes have been made. I'm considering writing a new script for this so that you still get the Wynaut Egg first, then the Togepi Egg after beating the Pokemon League.

            You can open up the script in AdvanceMap and edit the script to give a Togepi Egg. In the giveegg command at line 18, change 0x168 to 0xAF (the index for Togepi).

            Only Alpha 3 is competible with the Moemon hack because of changes in event tables.
            You get a togepi as a gift pokemon sometime in the early game so I don't think having it as an egg late game makes sense.

            Also will you add locations or a shop for buying held items? Like Scope lens, choice band ect
            __________________
            ~ I'm Adam ~ MyDramaList ~ MyAnimeList ~ Completed Challenges ~
            Reply With Quote
              #41    
            Old October 23rd, 2015 (1:52 PM).
            DraconianWing's Avatar
            DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
            Aerilate Thrasher
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Location: Fallarbor Town
            Age: 18
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 943
            The fix for Tangled Feet is up!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kingdom of Tea View Post
            You get a togepi as a gift pokemon sometime in the early game so I don't think having it as an egg late game makes sense.

            Also will you add locations or a shop for buying held items? Like Scope lens, choice band ect
            I already created and compiled a script that makes the Lavaridge lady function like in ORAS, where she gives you the Togepi egg after you have received the Wynaut and beat the Pokemon League. There shouldn't be any harm in having an extra available in-game :)

            That will be done if newer held items are ever implemented (eg. Expert Belt, Choice Specs). Right now work is being put into expanding the number of newer abilities from Gen 4 onward. A held item shop is currently low priority, since they're accessible via the Battle Frontier shop anyway.
            __________________


            "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
            Reply With Quote
              #42    
            Old October 23rd, 2015 (2:07 PM).
            Sickalex1743's Avatar
            Sickalex1743 Sickalex1743 is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2014
              Location: Mexico
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 26
              One question....
              Can i use the same save file of 6x with the new version that comes out
              __________________
              The flowers bloom, then wither... The stars shine and one day become extinct. This earth, the sun, the galaxies and even the big universe, someday will be destroyed. Compared with that, the human life is only a blink, just a little time. In that short time - people are born, laugh, cry, fight, are injured, feel joy, sadness, hate someone, love someone. All in just a moment. And then, are embraced by the eternal sleep called death.
              Reply With Quote
                #43    
              Old October 23rd, 2015 (2:14 PM).
              DraconianWing's Avatar
              DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
              Aerilate Thrasher
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Fallarbor Town
              Age: 18
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 943
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sickalex1743 View Post
              One question....
              Can i use the same save file of 6x with the new version that comes out
              Yes, you definitely can. I use a save all the way from Alpha 3.

              I'll make sure to note it one the OP when a new version does not work with previous saves (which hopefully I won't ever have to do).
              __________________


              "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
              Reply With Quote
                #44    
              Old October 23rd, 2015 (4:53 PM).
              Strike the Blood's Avatar
              Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
              I am the best in the world.
               
              Join Date: May 2011
              Location: In the Flax Fields.
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 1,070
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
              The fix for Tangled Feet is up!



              I already created and compiled a script that makes the Lavaridge lady function like in ORAS, where she gives you the Togepi egg after you have received the Wynaut and beat the Pokemon League. There shouldn't be any harm in having an extra available in-game :)

              That will be done if newer held items are ever implemented (eg. Expert Belt, Choice Specs). Right now work is being put into expanding the number of newer abilities from Gen 4 onward. A held item shop is currently low priority, since they're accessible via the Battle Frontier shop anyway.
              I know it's all obtainable from the frontier but having it somewhere before the Elite 4 will be nice in the future as even though there are a few items in Emerald having a vast quantity of pokemon and special/physical, more moves ect makes having more items a nice addition :p Will be looking forward to that.

              Also do you plan on adding any of the move tutors to before the Elite 4? (Meaning the ones from Battle Frontier) and or have TMS available for some of them.

              Anyway, Glad I'm going to able to follow the progression of this hack from nearly the beginning, going to be awesome to see how much it changes as you learn and implement more things.

              __________________
              ~ I'm Adam ~ MyDramaList ~ MyAnimeList ~ Completed Challenges ~
              Reply With Quote
                #45    
              Old October 23rd, 2015 (5:03 PM).
              DraconianWing's Avatar
              DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
              Aerilate Thrasher
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Fallarbor Town
              Age: 18
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 943
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kingdom of Tea View Post
              I know it's all obtainable from the frontier but having it somewhere before the Elite 4 will be nice in the future as even though there are a few items in Emerald having a vast quantity of pokemon and special/physical, more moves ect makes having more items a nice addition :p Will be looking forward to that.

              Also do you plan on adding any of the move tutors to before the Elite 4? (Meaning the ones from Battle Frontier) and or have TMS available for some of them.

              Anyway, Glad I'm going to able to follow the progression of this hack from nearly the beginning, going to be awesome to see how much it changes as you learn and implement more things.
              Your support really means a lot :) Thank you for that!

              I have wanted to do that for the longest time, but it might take a bit due to how complex move tutor scripts are. Some moves that would be nice to add are the Battle Resort moves that are available on the current hack (from ORAS, listed on this page). Before the Elite Four would probably be the three elemental hyper beams. As far as I know, all Pokemon already have their tutor compatibility updated to Gen 6 from Tlachtli's Alpha 3.
              __________________


              "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
              Reply With Quote
                #46    
              Old October 24th, 2015 (12:09 AM). Edited October 24th, 2015 by qewadszcx132.
              qewadszcx132 qewadszcx132 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2015
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 2
                Thank you for solving the bug i found, but it seems i may have found a few more.

                1. I can't seem to use a Trade Sim on a Feebas to evolve it into a Milotic - is it now a lvl up evolve?

                2. After beating the E4 several times and talking to Prof. Birch, I don't receive the Eon Ticket to get the other [email protected]
                Reply With Quote
                  #47    
                Old October 24th, 2015 (7:21 AM).
                Strike the Blood's Avatar
                Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
                I am the best in the world.
                 
                Join Date: May 2011
                Location: In the Flax Fields.
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 1,070
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by qewadszcx132 View Post
                Thank you for solving the bug i found, but it seems i may have found a few more.

                1. I can't seem to use a Trade Sim on a Feebas to evolve it into a Milotic - is it now a lvl up evolve?

                2. After beating the E4 several times and talking to Prof. Birch, I don't receive the Eon Ticket to get the other [email protected]
                The answer to question one is that Feebas is a pokemon that evolves when it has max beauty in generation 3, I don't know if that's been changed to be like the later games, but seeing as you cannot evolve it with a trade sim I would assume it still has it's mechanics from Gen 3.
                __________________
                ~ I'm Adam ~ MyDramaList ~ MyAnimeList ~ Completed Challenges ~
                Reply With Quote
                  #48    
                Old October 24th, 2015 (7:30 AM).
                DraconianWing's Avatar
                DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
                Aerilate Thrasher
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2012
                Location: Fallarbor Town
                Age: 18
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naive
                Posts: 943
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by qewadszcx132 View Post
                2. After beating the E4 several times and talking to Prof. Birch, I don't receive the Eon Ticket to get the other [email protected]
                Kingdom of Tea is correct with the first question. The best Pokeblock berries for each category is sold at the Slateport market, so it shouldn't be as difficult to raise it.

                You don't get the Eon Tocket from Birch anymore; check the encounter sheet! It should be 100% accurate for the legendaries. The roaming dogs haven't been tested though.
                __________________


                "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
                Reply With Quote
                  #49    
                Old October 24th, 2015 (11:50 AM).
                Sanmari's Avatar
                Sanmari Sanmari is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2014
                  Location: Minnesota
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Careful
                  Posts: 23
                  Will Sigma Emerald have Mega Evolutions?
                  __________________


                  "WHY, WHY, WHYYY?!?!" -me after killing Mew five times playing Pokemon Ultra Violet. It got better... eventually
                  Reply With Quote
                    #50    
                  Old October 24th, 2015 (6:44 PM).
                  DraconianWing's Avatar
                  DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
                  Aerilate Thrasher
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2012
                  Location: Fallarbor Town
                  Age: 18
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 943
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sanmari View Post
                  Will Sigma Emerald have Mega Evolutions?
                  That's undecided; I'm debating between adding them once it's done, or keeping SE a "classic", yet updated Emerald game. As far as I know, development of a fully functioning Mega Evolution system for GBA hacks is still underway. It's available for FireRed, but implementing it requires programming knowledge (which I have very little of). Check out this thread.

                  Regarding today's update; because some hidden abilities have been added to Pokemon with branch evolutions, testing showed that sometimes they ended up with no abilities. The patch has been updated to fix that.
                  __________________


                  "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
                  Reply With Quote
                  Reply

                  Quick Reply

                  Join the conversation!

                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                  Sponsored Links
                  Thread Tools

                  Posting Rules
                  You may not post new threads
                  You may not post replies
                  You may not post attachments
                  You may not edit your posts

                  BB code is On
                  Smilies are On
                  [IMG] code is On
                  HTML code is Off

                  Forum Jump


                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:30 PM.