The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Emerald Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old October 26th, 2015 (8:09 PM).
nemesish's Avatar
nemesish nemesish is offline
Azure Trainer
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: Lima, Perú
    Gender:
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 395

    Updated to the recent patch, went to get the Aurora/Eon tickets and the Old Sea Map, had no problems with the Mew event, but when I went to go for the other ones... this happened.
    __________________
    Games I support:

    Pokemon Reborn - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

    Hacks I support:
    Fire Red Nameless - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Theta Emerald EX - Snowy White
    Reply With Quote
      #52    
    Old October 26th, 2015 (8:57 PM). Edited October 26th, 2015 by DraconianWing.
    DraconianWing's Avatar
    DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
    Aerilate Thrasher
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Fallarbor Town
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 954
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nemesish View Post

    Updated to the recent patch, went to get the Aurora/Eon tickets and the Old Sea Map, had no problems with the Mew event, but when I went to go for the other ones... this happened.
    Is that from a regular Emerald save, or a Sigma Emerald save? The only thing I did was add scripts for the tickets to be obtainable. Note that vanilla Emerald saves won't work with the ticket events. It might be connected with what Tlachtli mentions at this page of the original SE thread, since he shuffled some flags for a3 (which made any previous saves act up). I had both the Aurora and Eon Tickets on hand when I played through, and the menu worked fine.
    __________________

    "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
    Reply With Quote
      #53    
    Old October 27th, 2015 (8:47 AM).
    nemesish's Avatar
    nemesish nemesish is offline
    Azure Trainer
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: Lima, Perú
      Gender:
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 395
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
      Is that from a regular Emerald save, or a Sigma Emerald save? The only thing I did was add scripts for the tickets to be obtainable. Note that vanilla Emerald saves won't work with the ticket events. It might be connected with what Tlachtli mentions at this page of the original SE thread, since he shuffled some flags for a3 (which made any previous saves act up). I had both the Aurora and Eon Tickets on hand when I played through, and the menu worked fine.
      A sigma emerald save started from scratch since your first update.
      __________________
      Games I support:

      Pokemon Reborn - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

      Hacks I support:
      Fire Red Nameless - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Theta Emerald EX - Snowy White
      Reply With Quote
        #54    
      Old October 27th, 2015 (9:34 AM).
      Strike the Blood's Avatar
      Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
      I am the best in the world.
       
      Join Date: May 2011
      Location: In the Flax Fields.
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 1,109
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
      That's undecided; I'm debating between adding them once it's done, or keeping SE a "classic", yet updated Emerald game. As far as I know, development of a fully functioning Mega Evolution system for GBA hacks is still underway. It's available for FireRed, but implementing it requires programming knowledge (which I have very little of). Check out this thread.

      Regarding today's update; because some hidden abilities have been added to Pokemon with branch evolutions, testing showed that sometimes they ended up with no abilities. The patch has been updated to fix that.
      I know some people may not agree with this but why don't you change the pokemons typings to be that of their mega evolutions, that is if their typing changes, E.G: Altaria, Charizard, Gyarados ect. I know you've already done it on Sceptile but others would be nice as well.
      __________________
      ~ Challenge's Hall of Fame ~ MyDramaList ~ AniList ~ Completed Challenges ~
      Reply With Quote
        #55    
      Old October 27th, 2015 (1:59 PM).
      DraconianWing's Avatar
      DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
      Aerilate Thrasher
       
      Join Date: Aug 2012
      Location: Fallarbor Town
      Age: 19
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naive
      Posts: 954
      Tinted Lens, Filter, Solid Rock, and Simple have been added into the game! Expert Belt will be implemented whenever I figure out how to insert the sprite and palette.

      ---------------------------------

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by nemesish View Post
      A sigma emerald save started from scratch since your first update.
      I'll consult with Tlachtli and see what can be done about it. I've managed to replicate the glitch, but only on a regular Emerald save.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kingdom of Tea View Post
      I know some people may not agree with this but why don't you change the pokemons typings to be that of their mega evolutions, that is if their typing changes, E.G: Altaria, Charizard, Gyarados ect. I know you've already done it on Sceptile but others would be nice as well.
      Sceptile's typing hasn't been changed :\ Personally, I've never been a fan of changing types in hacks. Doing so might cause some unintended changes in balance.
      __________________

      "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
      Reply With Quote
        #56    
      Old October 27th, 2015 (2:54 PM).
      Strike the Blood's Avatar
      Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
      I am the best in the world.
       
      Join Date: May 2011
      Location: In the Flax Fields.
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 1,109
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
      Tinted Lens, Filter, Solid Rock, and Simple have been added into the game! Expert Belt will be implemented whenever I figure out how to insert the sprite and palette.

      ---------------------------------


      I'll consult with Tlachtli and see what can be done about it. I've managed to replicate the glitch, but only on a regular Emerald save.


      Sceptile's typing hasn't been changed :\ Personally, I've never been a fan of changing types in hacks. Doing so might cause some unintended changes in balance.
      Must have been in Theta then, I have been playing both so sometimes I may mistake 1 hacks feature for anothers XD. And I know that a lot of people don't like type changes because of it causing issues, but it is an alternative to not having Mega's in!

      Can't wait for the new updates! Especially the expert belt, where are we going to get it?
      __________________
      ~ Challenge's Hall of Fame ~ MyDramaList ~ AniList ~ Completed Challenges ~
      Reply With Quote
        #57    
      Old October 27th, 2015 (2:58 PM).
      WorldsBoss's Avatar
      WorldsBoss WorldsBoss is offline
         
        Join Date: Mar 2007
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 155
        Apologies if this has already been asked, but will you consider pokedex expansion for this hack? I've been loving Theta Emerald's 650 pokemon, but every other feature of this game seems perfect, and some of the wild encounter locations in Theta Emerald are a bit questionable... I'd love to see a more polished version of that which also features some of the really nice stuff in your hack.
        Reply With Quote
          #58    
        Old October 27th, 2015 (3:00 PM).
        DraconianWing's Avatar
        DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
        Aerilate Thrasher
         
        Join Date: Aug 2012
        Location: Fallarbor Town
        Age: 19
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Naive
        Posts: 954
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kingdom of Tea View Post
        Can't wait for the new updates! Especially the expert belt, where are we going to get it?
        It's up now, though the expert belt isn't included yet :) (the date beside the download link will change whenever I put up a new patch)

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by random-man View Post
        Apologies if this has already been asked, but will you consider pokedex expansion for this hack? I've been loving Theta Emerald's 650 pokemon, but every other feature of this game seems perfect, and some of the wild encounter locations in Theta Emerald are a bit questionable... I'd love to see a more polished version of that which also features some of the really nice stuff in your hack.
        It's definitely a possibility, but for now I want to get as many of the Gen 4+ abilities/mechanics into the game as possible. Animations might come back as well once the Sugimori palette resource is complete.
        __________________

        "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
        Reply With Quote
          #59    
        Old October 27th, 2015 (5:35 PM).
        Icco's Avatar
        Icco Icco is offline
           
          Join Date: Feb 2015
          Location: México
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 11
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
          It's up now, though the expert belt isn't included yet :) (the date beside the download link will change whenever I put up a new patch)


          It's definitely a possibility, but for now I want to get as many of the Gen 4+ abilities/mechanics into the game as possible. Animations might come back as well once the Sugimori palette resource is complete.
          First post!!!


          Personally, I'd prefer that you update the game mechanics before that nothing (like the original concept of this game). I'm glad that you've taken up this project, you're doing great.

          On the other hand, some errors that can be corrected with any move editor:

          pin missile 85-->95(acc)
          thief 40-->60, 10-->25(pp)
          crunch --> -Def. chance
          knokc off 55-->65

          sorry for any english mistakes
          Reply With Quote
            #60    
          Old October 28th, 2015 (12:10 PM).
          WorldsBoss's Avatar
          WorldsBoss WorldsBoss is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2007
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 155
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
            It's definitely a possibility, but for now I want to get as many of the Gen 4+ abilities/mechanics into the game as possible. Animations might come back as well once the Sugimori palette resource is complete.
            Nice one! Thanks for getting back to me on this. I really hope it happens eventually!
            Reply With Quote
              #61    
            Old October 31st, 2015 (5:31 AM).
            xenon007 xenon007 is offline
               
              Join Date: Oct 2015
              Posts: 1
              Can someone help me. When can i get Suicune, Entei and Raiku? :( Thank you so much.
              Reply With Quote
                #62    
              Old October 31st, 2015 (7:17 AM). Edited October 31st, 2015 by DraconianWing.
              DraconianWing's Avatar
              DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
              Aerilate Thrasher
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Fallarbor Town
              Age: 19
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 954
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by nemesish View Post
              A sigma emerald save started from scratch since your first update.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Icco View Post
              pin missile 85-->95(acc)
              thief 40-->60, 10-->25(pp)
              crunch --> -Def. chance
              knokc off 55-->65
              An update has been uploaded to fix the issues you guys have reported :) A new save isn't needed unless you already have any of the event items from the NPCs.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by xenon007 View Post
              Can someone help me. When can i get Suicune, Entei and Raiku? :( Thank you so much.
              They're supposed to spawn one at a time as roaming Pokemon after catching/KOing the roaming Lati. I haven't tested this though, so please report if you encounter any of them.

              ------------------------------------

              I'm considering removing the flag checks for the one-off move tutors (Double-Edge, Rollout, etc.) so that they'll always teach moves to compatible Pokemon, similar to TMs. Yay or nay?
              __________________

              "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
              Reply With Quote
                #63    
              Old October 31st, 2015 (10:56 AM).
              Sun's Avatar
              Sun Sun is offline
              When the sun goes down...
               
              Join Date: Sep 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 4,709
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
              An update has been uploaded to fix the issues you guys have reported :) A new save isn't needed unless you already have any of the event items from the NPCs.


              They're supposed to spawn one at a time as roaming Pokemon after catching/KOing the roaming Lati. I haven't tested this though, so please report if you encounter any of them.

              ------------------------------------

              I'm considering removing the flag checks for the one-off move tutors (Double-Edge, Rollout, etc.) so that they'll always teach moves to compatible Pokemon, similar to TMs. Yay or nay?
              Yes, as it's unnecessary for them to be one-off's (Seriously, Rollout? Lol)
              __________________
              Leaving PC completely

              For trade requests and contact, please send me a message on
              https://www.facebook.com/tachibanaadmin/
              Reply With Quote
                #64    
              Old October 31st, 2015 (11:07 AM).
              DraconianWing's Avatar
              DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
              Aerilate Thrasher
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Fallarbor Town
              Age: 19
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 954
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sun View Post
              Yes, as it's unnecessary for them to be one-off's (Seriously, Rollout? Lol)
              I'm talking about these :P And if I ever get to learn the complexity of adding new tutor moves, I'll be taking some of the ones from the ORAS Battle Resort and put them into the Battle Frontier.
              __________________

              "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
              Reply With Quote
                #65    
              Old October 31st, 2015 (11:19 AM).
              Sun's Avatar
              Sun Sun is offline
              When the sun goes down...
               
              Join Date: Sep 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 4,709
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
              I'm talking about these :P And if I ever get to learn the complexity of adding new tutor moves, I'll be taking some of the ones from the ORAS Battle Resort and put them into the Battle Frontier.
              I know, son, I know. Been playing Emerald over a decade. ~_~

              What I meant to say, most one-off Move Tutors aren't offering any real useful moves. So there is no need for them to be one-off.
              __________________
              Leaving PC completely

              For trade requests and contact, please send me a message on
              https://www.facebook.com/tachibanaadmin/
              Reply With Quote
                #66    
              Old November 1st, 2015 (1:10 PM).
              DraconianWing's Avatar
              DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
              Aerilate Thrasher
               
              Join Date: Aug 2012
              Location: Fallarbor Town
              Age: 19
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 954
              Move Tutor scripts (not the ones at the Battle Frontier) have been tweaked, meaning that they'll teach any compatible Pokemon their respective moves once a day! Also, Steven now will re-battle the player at Meteor Falls daily, so he's no longer a one-off event either. (Yes, I've learned to use dailyflags and the check command)

              Make sure to have RTC enabled in your emulator. If your clock-based events are working, then you're good to go.
              __________________

              "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
              Reply With Quote
                #67    
              Old November 6th, 2015 (1:22 AM).
              OtherPlayers's Avatar
              OtherPlayers OtherPlayers is offline
                 
                Join Date: May 2015
                Posts: 4
                The Moemon patch is updated now for those of you that use it, thanks again to DraconianWing for letting me continue my work on it (and for bringing life to this awesome project again). :)

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
                - Fixed overleveled bug trainer in the Lavaridge Gym
                - Updated OW poisoning: poisoned Pokemon will have the status healed once they're down to 1HP
                YES! You would not believe how many Nuzlocke runs I've had destroyed by that guy. :P
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
                - Updated OW poisoning: poisoned Pokemon will have the status healed once they're down to 1HP
                Also sweet for Nuzlockes. Buying antidotes is now a nice backup plan, not a requirement to stop death sentences.
                Reply With Quote
                  #68    
                Old November 11th, 2015 (6:11 AM). Edited November 11th, 2015 by mister2lua.
                mister2lua's Avatar
                mister2lua mister2lua is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2015
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 104
                  I love this hack because it looks like the official games (no type-change, no stat-edit, hidden abilities match with the official). I think this hack will be more exellent if the game maker adds more Pkms (likes Theta Emerald) and improves the out-side graphic. And if you add some events, or make the storyline longer, the game will be more interesting. :D Nice work! Thanks for creating this hack. I'm looking forward to the next coming version of this.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #69    
                  Old November 11th, 2015 (8:06 AM).
                  Strike the Blood's Avatar
                  Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is offline
                  I am the best in the world.
                   
                  Join Date: May 2011
                  Location: In the Flax Fields.
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 1,109
                  Too many sideshow hacks have been adding way too many pokemon for such a small Region. Considering most of Hoenn is water there are more confined areas and routes tend to extend very far, Too many sideshows have like 20 different pokemon in one area because of this. I would rather just see the original hoenn dex with maybe Gen 4 evolutions and or Have gens 1-3 with Gen 4 Evolutions. I think the major thing for me which will break or make is the addition of more moves.

                  Is there any date for when new items will be added?
                  __________________
                  ~ Challenge's Hall of Fame ~ MyDramaList ~ AniList ~ Completed Challenges ~
                  Reply With Quote
                    #70    
                  Old November 11th, 2015 (8:38 AM).
                  mister2lua's Avatar
                  mister2lua mister2lua is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2015
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 104
                    I agree with Mr.<Kingdom of Tea>, too many species in an area makes the game boring. I think some typical pokemons from gen 4-6 are enough, such as Electivire, Hydreigon and Talonflame. Do you agree with me?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #71    
                    Old November 11th, 2015 (12:58 PM).
                    SolunaKitty's Avatar
                    SolunaKitty SolunaKitty is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2015
                      Gender: Female
                      Posts: 8
                      I like the number of pokemon as-is. In any case, thank you, DraconianWing, for continuing the work on this! I don't know if this is an issue with only my game or not, but Poliwag and Combusken wont evolve without using a Rare Candy for some reason. It's not a problem for me though.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #72    
                      Old November 11th, 2015 (2:14 PM).
                      DraconianWing's Avatar
                      DraconianWing DraconianWing is offline
                      Aerilate Thrasher
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2012
                      Location: Fallarbor Town
                      Age: 19
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 954
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mister2lua View Post
                      I love this hack because it looks like the official games (no type-change, no stat-edit, hidden abilities match with the official). I think this hack will be more exellent if the game maker adds more Pkms (likes Theta Emerald) and improves the out-side graphic. And if you add some events, or make the storyline longer, the game will be more interesting. :D Nice work! Thanks for creating this hack. I'm looking forward to the next coming version of this.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kingdom of Tea View Post
                      Too many sideshow hacks have been adding way too many pokemon for such a small Region. Considering most of Hoenn is water there are more confined areas and routes tend to extend very far, Too many sideshows have like 20 different pokemon in one area because of this. I would rather just see the original hoenn dex with maybe Gen 4 evolutions and or Have gens 1-3 with Gen 4 Evolutions. I think the major thing for me which will break or make is the addition of more moves.

                      Is there any date for when new items will be added?
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mister2lua View Post
                      I agree with Mr.<Kingdom of Tea>, too many species in an area makes the game boring. I think some typical pokemons from gen 4-6 are enough, such as Electivire, Hydreigon and Talonflame. Do you agree with me?
                      I want some new Pokemon and moves in the game as much as both of you :) It's just that I want to wait until I can re-add animations into the game for all 386 Pokemon before expanding the selection. SE probably will not have every Pokemon past Gen 3 though. A working effect function for Expert Belt is already in the game, but I want to make sure that I can insert a new description and icon without interfering with something else.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SolunaKitty View Post
                      I like the number of pokemon as-is. In any case, thank you, DraconianWing, for continuing the work on this! I don't know if this is an issue with only my game or not, but Poliwag and Combusken wont evolve without using a Rare Candy for some reason. It's not a problem for me though.
                      I just had my Combusken evolve into Blaziken a few minutes ago, so I can't help you out unfortunately :( (As it isn't possible for me to reproduce it)

                      ---------------------------------------------

                      Right now the next release is focusing on editing the PokeNav trainers. Their teams are being tweaked to somewhat resemble ORAS to slightly increase difficulty and reduce the need for Exp. grinding. If anyone wants to help with testing for bugs, PM me!
                      __________________

                      "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
                      Reply With Quote
                        #73    
                      Old November 11th, 2015 (4:37 PM). Edited November 11th, 2015 by Livewire.
                      curiters's Avatar
                      curiters curiters is offline
                      Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by infatuation.
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2010
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 313
                        i love the tiles on a4 not a4.4 that shady green tiles <3
                        i hope u return it again.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by SolunaKitty View Post
                        I like the number of pokemon as-is. In any case, thank you, DraconianWing, for continuing the work on this! I don't know if this is an issue with only my game or not, but Poliwag and Combusken wont evolve without using a Rare Candy for some reason. It's not a problem for me though.
                        is there any clean rom that doesnt do ? ive played both rare candy and w/ out rare candy and combusken evolves at same lvl. 16. i thnk ur rom is 1.1
                        Reply With Quote
                          #74    
                        Old November 11th, 2015 (5:54 PM).
                        mister2lua's Avatar
                        mister2lua mister2lua is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2015
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 104
                          Have you looked at route 119? I opened the rom with Adv map and saw no Feebas there. Is it obtained in an event?
                          Reply With Quote
                            #75    
                          Old November 11th, 2015 (6:19 PM).
                          azurile13 azurile13 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2015
                            Posts: 420
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mister2lua View Post
                            Have you looked at route 119? I opened the rom with Adv map and saw no Feebas there. Is it obtained in an event?
                            Open a regular emerald rom to the fishing rod slots for route 119. Feebas isn't there either. Feebas is handled by a special routine when the wild pokemon on that route are loaded. Not saying it is definitely there, but A-Map's "wild mons" is not an indicator. The "wild data" for Feebas is at 0x08553A78. 1 byte level floor, 1 byte level ceiling, then a halfword of Feebas' index number.
                            Reply With Quote
                            Reply

                            Quick Reply

                            Join the conversation!

                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                            Create a PokéCommunity Account
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:04 AM.