The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Emerald Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Old October 26th, 2015 (8:09 PM).
Azure Trainer

Updated to the recent patch, went to get the Aurora/Eon tickets and the Old Sea Map, had no problems with the Mew event, but when I went to go for the other ones... this happened.

Pokemon Reborn - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
    Fire Red Nameless - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Theta Emerald EX - Snowy White
    Old October 26th, 2015 (8:57 PM). Edited October 26th, 2015 by DraconianWing.
    Aerilate Thrasher

Nature: Naive
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nemesish View Post

Updated to the recent patch, went to get the Aurora/Eon tickets and the Old Sea Map, had no problems with the Mew event, but when I went to go for the other ones... this happened.
    Is that from a regular Emerald save, or a Sigma Emerald save? The only thing I did was add scripts for the tickets to be obtainable. Note that vanilla Emerald saves won't work with the ticket events. It might be connected with what Tlachtli mentions at this page of the original SE thread, since he shuffled some flags for a3 (which made any previous saves act up). I had both the Aurora and Eon Tickets on hand when I played through, and the menu worked fine.

"All dreams are but another reality. Never forget..."
    Old October 27th, 2015 (8:47 AM).
    Azure Trainer

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DraconianWing View Post
      Is that from a regular Emerald save, or a Sigma Emerald save? The only thing I did was add scripts for the tickets to be obtainable. Note that vanilla Emerald saves won't work with the ticket events. It might be connected with what Tlachtli mentions at this page of the original SE thread, since he shuffled some flags for a3 (which made any previous saves act up). I had both the Aurora and Eon Tickets on hand when I played through, and the menu worked fine.
      A sigma emerald save started from scratch since your first update.

Pokemon Reborn - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
      Fire Red Nameless - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Theta Emerald EX - Snowy White
      Old October 27th, 2015 (9:34 AM).
      I am the best in the world.

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      That's undecided; I'm debating between adding them once it's done, or keeping SE a "classic", yet updated Emerald game. As far as I know, development of a fully functioning Mega Evolution system for GBA hacks is still underway. It's available for FireRed, but implementing it requires programming knowledge (which I have very little of). Check out this thread.

Regarding today's update; because some hidden abilities have been added to Pokemon with branch evolutions, testing showed that sometimes they ended up with no abilities. The patch has been updated to fix that.
      I know some people may not agree with this but why don't you change the pokemons typings to be that of their mega evolutions, that is if their typing changes, E.G: Altaria, Charizard, Gyarados ect. I know you've already done it on Sceptile but others would be nice as well.
      Old October 27th, 2015 (1:59 PM).
      Aerilate Thrasher

Tinted Lens, Filter, Solid Rock, and Simple have been added into the game! Expert Belt will be implemented whenever I figure out how to insert the sprite and palette.

---------------------------------

Quote:
      I'll consult with Tlachtli and see what can be done about it. I've managed to replicate the glitch, but only on a regular Emerald save.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kingdom of Tea View Post
      I know some people may not agree with this but why don't you change the pokemons typings to be that of their mega evolutions, that is if their typing changes, E.G: Altaria, Charizard, Gyarados ect. I know you've already done it on Sceptile but others would be nice as well.
      Sceptile's typing hasn't been changed :\ Personally, I've never been a fan of changing types in hacks. Doing so might cause some unintended changes in balance.

Old October 27th, 2015 (2:54 PM).

Quote:
      Tinted Lens, Filter, Solid Rock, and Simple have been added into the game! Expert Belt will be implemented whenever I figure out how to insert the sprite and palette.

---------------------------------

I'll consult with Tlachtli and see what can be done about it. I've managed to replicate the glitch, but only on a regular Emerald save.

Sceptile's typing hasn't been changed :\ Personally, I've never been a fan of changing types in hacks. Doing so might cause some unintended changes in balance.
      Must have been in Theta then, I have been playing both so sometimes I may mistake 1 hacks feature for anothers XD. And I know that a lot of people don't like type changes because of it causing issues, but it is an alternative to not having Mega's in!

Can't wait for the new updates! Especially the expert belt, where are we going to get it?
      Old October 27th, 2015 (2:58 PM).

Apologies if this has already been asked, but will you consider pokedex expansion for this hack? I've been loving Theta Emerald's 650 pokemon, but every other feature of this game seems perfect, and some of the wild encounter locations in Theta Emerald are a bit questionable... I'd love to see a more polished version of that which also features some of the really nice stuff in your hack.
        Old October 27th, 2015 (3:00 PM).
        Aerilate Thrasher

Quote:
        Can't wait for the new updates! Especially the expert belt, where are we going to get it?
        It's up now, though the expert belt isn't included yet :) (the date beside the download link will change whenever I put up a new patch)

Quote:
        Originally Posted by random-man View Post
        Apologies if this has already been asked, but will you consider pokedex expansion for this hack? I've been loving Theta Emerald's 650 pokemon, but every other feature of this game seems perfect, and some of the wild encounter locations in Theta Emerald are a bit questionable... I'd love to see a more polished version of that which also features some of the really nice stuff in your hack.
        It's definitely a possibility, but for now I want to get as many of the Gen 4+ abilities/mechanics into the game as possible. Animations might come back as well once the Sugimori palette resource is complete.

Old October 27th, 2015 (5:35 PM).

Nature: Calm
          Quote:
          It's up now, though the expert belt isn't included yet :) (the date beside the download link will change whenever I put up a new patch)

It's definitely a possibility, but for now I want to get as many of the Gen 4+ abilities/mechanics into the game as possible. Animations might come back as well once the Sugimori palette resource is complete.
          First post!!!

Personally, I'd prefer that you update the game mechanics before that nothing (like the original concept of this game). I'm glad that you've taken up this project, you're doing great.

On the other hand, some errors that can be corrected with any move editor:

pin missile 85-->95(acc)
          thief 40-->60, 10-->25(pp)
          crunch --> -Def. chance
          knokc off 55-->65

sorry for any english mistakes
          Old October 28th, 2015 (12:10 PM).

Quote:
            Nice one! Thanks for getting back to me on this. I really hope it happens eventually!
            Old October 31st, 2015 (5:31 AM).

Can someone help me. When can i get Suicune, Entei and Raiku? :( Thank you so much.
              Old October 31st, 2015 (7:17 AM). Edited October 31st, 2015 by DraconianWing.
              Aerilate Thrasher

Quote:
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Icco View Post
              pin missile 85-->95(acc)
              thief 40-->60, 10-->25(pp)
              crunch --> -Def. chance
              knokc off 55-->65
              An update has been uploaded to fix the issues you guys have reported :) A new save isn't needed unless you already have any of the event items from the NPCs.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by xenon007 View Post
              Can someone help me. When can i get Suicune, Entei and Raiku? :( Thank you so much.
              They're supposed to spawn one at a time as roaming Pokemon after catching/KOing the roaming Lati. I haven't tested this though, so please report if you encounter any of them.

------------------------------------

I'm considering removing the flag checks for the one-off move tutors (Double-Edge, Rollout, etc.) so that they'll always teach moves to compatible Pokemon, similar to TMs. Yay or nay?

Old October 31st, 2015 (10:56 AM).
              When the sun goes down...

Quote:
              An update has been uploaded to fix the issues you guys have reported :) A new save isn't needed unless you already have any of the event items from the NPCs.

They're supposed to spawn one at a time as roaming Pokemon after catching/KOing the roaming Lati. I haven't tested this though, so please report if you encounter any of them.

------------------------------------

I'm considering removing the flag checks for the one-off move tutors (Double-Edge, Rollout, etc.) so that they'll always teach moves to compatible Pokemon, similar to TMs. Yay or nay?
              Yes, as it's unnecessary for them to be one-off's (Seriously, Rollout? Lol)

For trade requests and contact, please send me a message on
              https://www.facebook.com/tachibanaadmin/
              Old October 31st, 2015 (11:07 AM).
              Aerilate Thrasher

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sun View Post
              Yes, as it's unnecessary for them to be one-off's (Seriously, Rollout? Lol)
              I'm talking about these :P And if I ever get to learn the complexity of adding new tutor moves, I'll be taking some of the ones from the ORAS Battle Resort and put them into the Battle Frontier.

Old October 31st, 2015 (11:19 AM).
              When the sun goes down...

Quote:
              I'm talking about these :P And if I ever get to learn the complexity of adding new tutor moves, I'll be taking some of the ones from the ORAS Battle Resort and put them into the Battle Frontier.
              I know, son, I know. Been playing Emerald over a decade. ~_~

What I meant to say, most one-off Move Tutors aren't offering any real useful moves. So there is no need for them to be one-off.

For trade requests and contact, please send me a message on
              https://www.facebook.com/tachibanaadmin/
              Old November 1st, 2015 (1:10 PM).
              Aerilate Thrasher

Move Tutor scripts (not the ones at the Battle Frontier) have been tweaked, meaning that they'll teach any compatible Pokemon their respective moves once a day! Also, Steven now will re-battle the player at Meteor Falls daily, so he's no longer a one-off event either. (Yes, I've learned to use dailyflags and the check command)

Make sure to have RTC enabled in your emulator. If your clock-based events are working, then you're good to go.

Old November 6th, 2015 (1:22 AM).

The Moemon patch is updated now for those of you that use it, thanks again to DraconianWing for letting me continue my work on it (and for bringing life to this awesome project again). :)

Quote:
                - Fixed overleveled bug trainer in the Lavaridge Gym
                - Updated OW poisoning: poisoned Pokemon will have the status healed once they're down to 1HP
                YES! You would not believe how many Nuzlocke runs I've had destroyed by that guy. :P
                Quote:
                - Updated OW poisoning: poisoned Pokemon will have the status healed once they're down to 1HP
                Also sweet for Nuzlockes. Buying antidotes is now a nice backup plan, not a requirement to stop death sentences.
                Old November 11th, 2015 (6:11 AM). Edited November 11th, 2015 by mister2lua.

I love this hack because it looks like the official games (no type-change, no stat-edit, hidden abilities match with the official). I think this hack will be more exellent if the game maker adds more Pkms (likes Theta Emerald) and improves the out-side graphic. And if you add some events, or make the storyline longer, the game will be more interesting. :D Nice work! Thanks for creating this hack. I'm looking forward to the next coming version of this.
                  Old November 11th, 2015 (8:06 AM).

Too many sideshow hacks have been adding way too many pokemon for such a small Region. Considering most of Hoenn is water there are more confined areas and routes tend to extend very far, Too many sideshows have like 20 different pokemon in one area because of this. I would rather just see the original hoenn dex with maybe Gen 4 evolutions and or Have gens 1-3 with Gen 4 Evolutions. I think the major thing for me which will break or make is the addition of more moves.

Is there any date for when new items will be added?
                  Old November 11th, 2015 (8:38 AM).

I agree with Mr.<Kingdom of Tea>, too many species in an area makes the game boring. I think some typical pokemons from gen 4-6 are enough, such as Electivire, Hydreigon and Talonflame. Do you agree with me?
                    Old November 11th, 2015 (12:58 PM).

I like the number of pokemon as-is. In any case, thank you, DraconianWing, for continuing the work on this! I don't know if this is an issue with only my game or not, but Poliwag and Combusken wont evolve without using a Rare Candy for some reason. It's not a problem for me though.
                      Old November 11th, 2015 (2:14 PM).
                      Aerilate Thrasher

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mister2lua View Post
                      I love this hack because it looks like the official games (no type-change, no stat-edit, hidden abilities match with the official). I think this hack will be more exellent if the game maker adds more Pkms (likes Theta Emerald) and improves the out-side graphic. And if you add some events, or make the storyline longer, the game will be more interesting. :D Nice work! Thanks for creating this hack. I'm looking forward to the next coming version of this.
                      Quote:
                      Too many sideshow hacks have been adding way too many pokemon for such a small Region. Considering most of Hoenn is water there are more confined areas and routes tend to extend very far, Too many sideshows have like 20 different pokemon in one area because of this. I would rather just see the original hoenn dex with maybe Gen 4 evolutions and or Have gens 1-3 with Gen 4 Evolutions. I think the major thing for me which will break or make is the addition of more moves.

Is there any date for when new items will be added?
                      Quote:
                      I agree with Mr.<Kingdom of Tea>, too many species in an area makes the game boring. I think some typical pokemons from gen 4-6 are enough, such as Electivire, Hydreigon and Talonflame. Do you agree with me?
                      I want some new Pokemon and moves in the game as much as both of you :) It's just that I want to wait until I can re-add animations into the game for all 386 Pokemon before expanding the selection. SE probably will not have every Pokemon past Gen 3 though. A working effect function for Expert Belt is already in the game, but I want to make sure that I can insert a new description and icon without interfering with something else.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SolunaKitty View Post
                      I like the number of pokemon as-is. In any case, thank you, DraconianWing, for continuing the work on this! I don't know if this is an issue with only my game or not, but Poliwag and Combusken wont evolve without using a Rare Candy for some reason. It's not a problem for me though.
                      I just had my Combusken evolve into Blaziken a few minutes ago, so I can't help you out unfortunately :( (As it isn't possible for me to reproduce it)

---------------------------------------------

Right now the next release is focusing on editing the PokeNav trainers. Their teams are being tweaked to somewhat resemble ORAS to slightly increase difficulty and reduce the need for Exp. grinding. If anyone wants to help with testing for bugs, PM me!

Old November 11th, 2015 (4:37 PM). Edited November 11th, 2015 by Livewire.
                      Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by infatuation.

Nature: Lonely
                        i love the tiles on a4 not a4.4 that shady green tiles <3
                        i hope u return it again.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by SolunaKitty View Post
                        is there any clean rom that doesnt do ? ive played both rare candy and w/ out rare candy and combusken evolves at same lvl. 16. i thnk ur rom is 1.1
                        Old November 11th, 2015 (5:54 PM).

Have you looked at route 119? I opened the rom with Adv map and saw no Feebas there. Is it obtained in an event?
                          Old November 11th, 2015 (6:19 PM).

Quote:
                            Have you looked at route 119? I opened the rom with Adv map and saw no Feebas there. Is it obtained in an event?
                            Open a regular emerald rom to the fishing rod slots for route 119. Feebas isn't there either. Feebas is handled by a special routine when the wild pokemon on that route are loaded. Not saying it is definitely there, but A-Map's "wild mons" is not an indicator. The "wild data" for Feebas is at 0x08553A78. 1 byte level floor, 1 byte level ceiling, then a halfword of Feebas' index number.

Quick Reply