• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I hope you understand my lack of interest in reviewing 226 pages of replies. What I what to see from Gen VI is lots of Pokemon variety early game. I don't want to have to wait until Victory Road to get interesting Pokemon. I want something likable early, so I can enjoy it longer. It makes me very upset to know I can't get the coolest Pokemon until after the sixth gym.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I hope you understand my lack of interest in reviewing 226 pages of replies. What I what to see from Gen VI is lots of Pokemon variety early game. I don't want to have to wait until Victory Road to get interesting Pokemon. I want something likable early, so I can enjoy it longer. It makes me very upset to know I can't get the coolest Pokemon until after the sixth gym.

Its generally done based on power. For the most part, the stronger the Pokemon is the further you have to travel to get it. Even now we don't know for sure what is on the first route as we've seen no real gameplay footage, only mock ups. When we get closer to launch we'll find out more. There is supposed to be a live playthrough in august I believe in Japan. Someone is going to record it there, or at least try to and take pictures.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Or at least write about the experience they had.

That tree is just how I imagine it looking xD. It's not the most original design, literary as it looks like other demonic trees.

Years
I'd say that's one of the legendaries, it kinda has that appearance and idk it seems fitting for something like that.

Yeah it definitely seems like a Legendary, in fact I remember someone bringing up that Orotto looks like a Digimon character as well. I noticed the design looked very similar to that of Cherrymon from the Digimon series.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah it definitely seems like a Legendary, in fact I remember someone bringing up that Orotto looks like a Digimon character as well. I noticed the design looked very similar to that of Cherrymon from the Digimon series.

Yeah, we obviously haven't got the full official art but from what I can see I'm liking the design. It would be pretty cool if it was an evolution on Sudowoodo or something.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I think serebii said it looks like this
1016188_601271816580068_956429561_n.png

Hoppefully it is a sudowoodo evo.

Years
I believe that would be me. It sure does looks like a legendary. Now if it's not then I hope it's at least a Sudowoodo evolution.

Years
They do no wifi events (Mystery gift) and just include things in game instead. Latios, latias might get a third this is just a guesss but this is because its the only legendary duo.

I think serebii said it looks like this
1016188_601271816580068_956429561_n.png

Hoppefully it is a sudowoodo evo.

There is a new sketch, the new one on serebii looks even more like sudowoodo

Honedge's typing is really awesome is anyone else excited about him

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They do no wifi events (Mystery gift) and just include things in game instead. Latios, latias might get a third this is just a guesss but this is because its the only legendary duo.

There are more Legendary Duos than just the Lati@s.

You've got Ho-oh and Lugia, Cresselia and Darkrai.

You can technically count Mew and Mewtwo, and Manaphi and Phione.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I hope that either the clips/images of Oorotto was really skewed or that these people can't draw very well, because it's looking really uncreative to me :P I'm excited to see the real deal, despite the drawings that idea of a haunted tree has a lot of potential!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Serebii has a new drawing of Oorotto. It is a cyclone and it looks freakin awesome! I hope it will be a legendary and it is probably going to be a Grass/Dark or Fairy/Dark.

Back to the new gym leaders, I don't really care if one of themcis a Rock type user. we've only had 3 Rock-type specializers. I'm getting sick of Electric and Water gym leaders. We have had 4 Electric leaders and 5! Water leaders.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Serebii has a new drawing of Oorotto. It is a cyclops and it looks freakin awesome! I hope it will be a legendary and it is probably going to be a Grass/Dark or Fairy/Dark.

Back to the new gym leaders, I don't really care if one of themcis a Rock type user. we've only had 3 Rock-type specializers. I'm getting sick of Electric and Water gym leaders. We have had 4 Electric leaders and 5! Water leaders.

Only quoting to correct one part in your post XD

Anyway here is the image he was talking about. I kinda prefered the other version over this one. This may be a Sudowoodo evolution now which means it has a chance at being rock rather than anything else. I'll still hope they Gen 5 it and make it a stand alone and make it Grass/Fairy since they are going the cyclops route.

orotto4.jpg

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm not buying the whole sudowoodo evolution thing. Is it so hard to believe that there would be two separate tree pokemon? Although Sudowoodo isn't even a tree...so if you look at it that way we haven't actually gotten a tree pokemon before. This will be the first.

On the legendary front, that's a no go because movie goers said it appeared in a horde battle.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm not buying the whole sudowoodo evolution thing. Is it so hard to believe that there would be two separate tree pokemon? Although Sudowoodo isn't even a tree...so if you look at it that way we haven't actually gotten a tree pokemon before. This will be the first.

On the legendary front, that's a no go because movie goers said it appeared in a horde battle.

Sudowoodo is based after petrified trees...so it is a tree despite it not being grass.

Not saying that I support evolution as I'm hoping they Gen 5 this into two separate Pokemon.

Years
Maybe the horde was just for show and nothing definite.
I'm not sure if I want them to gen 3 it (gen 3 has the most stand alones out of all gens btw), I prefer evolution for Sudowoodo.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm not buying the whole sudowoodo evolution thing. Is it so hard to believe that there would be two separate tree pokemon? Although Sudowoodo isn't even a tree...so if you look at it that way we haven't actually gotten a tree pokemon before. This will be the first

Exeggutor is weeping because of your flawed statement.

The latest drawing of Oorotto's appearance looks more creative than the previous one, for it looks less like a generic tree.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm kind of hoping it isn't a Sudowoodo evolution personally. I feel like they took away it's bead-like "leaves" and moved over to full fledged foliage, which kind of signifies actual Grass typing to me. Kind of just looks way too menacing almost to be an evolution from something that just like happy/derpy =P

Years
I've been following along with this thread/forum thingy for a while and I wanted to join in the conversation so badly I went ahead and made an account haha!

As with Oorotto being Sudowoodo's evolution, I doubt it due to the fact it was shown in a horde battle. You don't exactly see wild Mamoswine, Magnezones and Gliscors roaming around. It would definitely be cool though, and the design seems to fit. I hope its either Grass/Dark or Fairy/Dark, kind of looks more Grass/Dark though.

Am I the only one who wants a Houndoom evolution?? No. #666 introduces Houndread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back